South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-12-2004, 09:50 PM   #1  

Default Should I believe my eyes???

Hi Everyone,

I went to the gym today and weighed myself... it read 139 lbs! Considering three days ago I was at 154 lbs, I am finding this a little hard to believe.. Has anyone heard of a 15 lb loss in a few days? I did weigh myself on the same scale at the same time that I did previously. I don't "feel" like I have lost 15 pounds, I don't think I look like I have either...

what do y'all think?

thanks,
lisa z.
Old 06-12-2004, 10:06 PM   #2  
Mama to 3 Little Monkeys

S/C/G: 232/161.4/125

Height: 5ft 3 1/2inch

Hmmm I lost 29 pounds in three days. Uh, then again I had a baby. LOL

I don't want to burst your bubble, but I honestly think something is wrong with the scale. Sorry.
Old 06-12-2004, 10:08 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

I think there is something up with the scale as well, that would be really wonderful though
Michelle
Old 06-14-2004, 11:17 AM   #4  

Scale calibration or water weight. Put a new 5lb bag of sugar on the scale and calibrate it. I weighed myself in the gym and then again at home - I like my home scale better. If it just brought me roses and cuddled, I'd probably date it.
Old 06-14-2004, 12:15 PM   #5  
I graduated!

Scales are imperfect... so when you want to keep track of a weight loss it's best to use the same scale all the time.

If the scale at the gym is the "old fashioned" hospital kind (where you slide the little weights) check it to see if it's calibrated. To do this you put all the little weights at "0" and then see if the pointer balances out at the arrow. If it dosn't then if you look at the end (I forget which side) there is a little round thing that is threaded on, you can turn this until the pointer balances at the arrow, then it's as calibrated as it's gonna get and you can think of that as close to your "true" weight.

I don't even trust electronic scales anymore. Mine is so untrustworthy... sometimes it seems to work but others it will read the same weight no matter what... I mean I could get on it holding my cat (who weighs just over 9 pounds) and if it changes at all it's only a pound or so. Othertimes it *seems* to work...

Old 06-14-2004, 05:55 PM   #6  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

SBNewbie, you might have lost that much in water. I lost 17 pounds during my first week on SBD. But 15 in three days seems like a lot. I tried using a hospital scale at school to weigh myself, and it showed over a 130 pound loss. I easily could have dated that scale... Anyways, it was calibrated, but something, somewhere, was obviously wrong. It's since been fixed, but it's possible that yours is broken.

Can you ask someone in the gym if the scale is accurate? If so, I suppose you just get to count it! Either way, congratulations!
Old 06-15-2004, 11:11 AM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBNewbie
Has anyone heard of a 15 lb loss in a few days?
Hey there... while we're all tempted to use the scale as our measure of how much weight we've lost, I think it's far more accurate to use a tape measure and look at your inches lost. Because, really, that's what we're going for here, right? Smaller bum, smaller tummy, smaller arms, smaller thighs.

So, even if your scale says you've lost 26lbs in two days (or whatever, you know what I mean)... you should really check with a tape measure to see if your body is smaller. Because, while scales can be TOTALLY off... and also only tell you if you've lost water or other useless numbers, the tape measure will tell you if you're getting smaller. And if you're getting smaller? Then you're losing weight. Pure and simple!

I don't care what the scale says -- I want to wear cute pants!!
Old 06-15-2004, 02:05 PM   #8  

Hey, I need a scale like that Where can I get one????
Closed Thread