Old 06-12-2004, 07:28 AM   #1  

Default Time For Serious Fun #72

TIME FOR SERIOUS FUN

We are a thread dedicated to making losing weight a pleasant experience. We laugh, cry and talk together. We have challenges, points for staying on program, drinking our water, and exercising. We have a daily topic to join in. Our only focus is to help us realize that dieting and all that goes with it need not be unpleasant, but can be fun. Come join the fun here at Time for Serious Fun! Everyone is Welcome!

TOPICS:

Monday: Mission Monday New mission each week
Tuesday: Target Tuesday We target something to work on
Wednesday: Wednesday's Woes Our day to complain about anything and everything
Thursday: Time for Us Thursday The day set aside to pamper us!
Friday: Fabulous Lbs Down Friday. Report our losses!
Saturday: Sunny Thoughts Saturday We share stories and jokes to help us smile
Sunday: Silly Poll Sunday A new poll to give your thoughts to every week

POINTS VALUES:

STAYING ON PROGRAM IS 2 POINTS
DRINKING YOUR WATER IS 1 POINT
EXERCISING IS 1 POINT

POSTING A WTG: A WTG IS WHEN SOMETHING NON WEIGHT LOSS HAPPENS TO YOU LIKE A NEW DRESS IN A SMALLER SIZE. TO POST A WTG, USE ALL CAPS AND POST IT IN PINK. FOR EXAMPLE: WTG: I rode my bike 2 miles instead of one today.

SECOND QUARTER CHALLENGE MAY 1-SEPT 1. THE MOST LBS LOST WILL WIN A $30 VISA GIFT CARD! ONLY THOSE WHO ARE MEMBERS AS OF THE START OF THE QUARTER ARE ELIGIBLE FOR THE PRIZE, NEWBIES, ARE ELIGIBLE THE NEXT QUARTER THOUGH ALL MAY JOIN THE CHALLENGE!
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2004, 07:30 AM   #2  

SATURDAY: Today is Sunny Thoughts Saturday. Share with us anything fun or good news, but most of all, keep sunny thoughts for yourself today!

Hope you all have a great day today and I will check in later.

Faye
Old 06-12-2004, 08:51 AM   #3  

Mornin' lovelies,

4 points for yesterday! Went for a 10 minute walk with my 5 year old son and it ended up being an hour. We picked flowers and wild strawberries and saw giant turtles in the bog. What a blast! Also mowed the lawn for 30 minutes.....plenty of exercise.

I've been pondering the fact that I've been stuck between 204 and 208 for about 3 months now!! It doesn't seem to matter if I have a good week or a bad week.......nothing seems to change. I've also been having weird intestinal problems for a while now (mainly gas and bloating ) So, I did some research yesterday and found that I have all the classic signs of a wheat and/or dairy intolerance. Not really an allergy, but my body doesn't handle them as well as it used to. Apparently that can also cause weight loss stalls. So, I'm gonna try cutting out both until the end of June and see what happens. Keep your fingers cuz I don't know what else is gonna fix this slump. And it's getting REALLY OLD!!!

Sunny thoughts.....going to the Maine Fiber Frolic this morning. It's a sheep and goat fair! Woo hoo!! Been dreaming about my old sheepies for two nights. I sure miss them.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

Julie
Mirabelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2004, 03:58 PM   #4  

Height: 5 foot

Hi everyone! Short post today....really! My tummy hurts... probably because I'm hungry, but I gotta eat on the go because the darn day is almost over and I still havent taken my sis anywhere!!!! This having no money thing is starting to get old! But anyway.....

Well, I didnt lose or gain this week, so booo! But that's ok, I should have known better because I didnt work out all 7 days. That really sucks that I have to do all of that but oh well....I didnt gain so that's good. But my lil sis lost 2 lbs!! So at least it worked for someone this week!

If anyone had said anything on the #71 I don't remember!! I didnt get a chance to try to turkey chilli, but I did try the fatfree weiners from oscar meyer and they were good! I had fixed two hot dogs..but my eyes were bigger than my tummy!!Well I gotta go because the kids are starting to get restless. I hope everyone has a great day!

~Jaymi~
Jaymi_Dol_78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2004, 07:05 PM   #5  
2006 - Panda Remix

Hi Ladies,

I got 4 points today - I didn't go on my exercise bike, but I had a good walk, which in Sheffield, inevitably involves hills! (Sheffield is built on seven hills). My gym membership runs out at the end of July and it looks like I can't afford to renew it - I am a bit down about it, although I haven't even set foot in there for 2 months! It's sort of the case that I will miss it when it is gone....it was always there if i needed it, and I did go through periods of going regularly. I've got about 6 weeks left of membership - so I suppose i should get my *** down there and make the most of it - the thing is, I think if I do that, I'll be even more upset when I have to stop! oh well - I've got quite a little home gym here - bike, weights, ab cradle and mat, so I can get a good workout at home.

FAYE - WTG on your weight loss - that is a great boost to your total!

JAYMI - I hope you feel better soon. I know what you mean about money problems - it gets soooo boring doesn't it? I've finally persuaded Nigel to let me get my haircut....I've put up with it for 3 months now! I had to persuade him how it will benefit my self esteem and make my hair more healthy - but it did the trick! I am so looking forward to getting it cut - it is going to be a real treat!

JULIE - I think you may have something there in the wheat/dairy intolerance thing. I have been thinking the same thing about bread - I LOVE bread and eat far too much of it, even if it is wholegrain! I've decided to do a little experiment and give up bread for a week - I went for 2 days this week and I felt slimmer and less bloated. But then Nige made me toast this morning, and I couldn't say no! I am going to try it for a week and see how I feel, and see what the scales say - part of me hopes it makes no difference as I don't really want to give it up! I'm going to start on Monday, after my weigh in - join me if you want!

CARRI / CAT - I'm sure you'll be losers next week! I might be joining your little club on Monday as I've just looked back over my food journal and realised that it has not been the best of weeks!

Love Amanda x
Amanda Panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2004, 08:04 AM   #6  

SUNDAY: Today is Silly Poll Sunday and our Poll this week is, when you have been a very good girl for a very long time, what is your very favorite ice cream to splurge on?

POINTS NOT DONE YESTERDAY:

Julie
Amanda
Faye

WOOHOO AS THEY SAY IN HOCKEY THAT WAS A HAT TRICK FOR YESTERDAY ON POINTS! GOOD JOB GIRLS!

Julie: Milk does that to me kind of. I can eat it and sometimes it will kind of make me sick and others no. Hope finding this info helps you to jump start again!

Jaymi: Glad you liked the "dogs!"

Amanda: Honey, you don't NEED to spend money on a gym you aren't going to use, just use those beautiful legs of yours and walk! Think of it this way, you can get more than just exercise from walking. You get to see beautiful countryside, meet people and it's a great time to just ponder your life and solve your problems because you don't have to concentrate on your feet on the treadmill or how many reps you have done on some machine, etc.

Sorry I didn't get back in here yesterday but I was in pain a lot of the day, then we went out to Walmart to pick up a few things and I almost passed out in the store (BAD BAD HOT FLASH). Came home and made dinner and took my bp med and some lortab for pain and in an hour I was loopy as all get outs and crashed in bed around 7 pm.

I like all chocolate ice cream unless it has mocha flavor because I hate coffee, but I really like Ben and Jerry's Phish Food and who doesn't like Haagan Daz or Dove ice cream? My absolute favorite is this chocolate ice cream they have in my home state. It is called custard and very very creamy and smooth.

Well, I didn't get downstairs cleaned like I wanted to yesterday and it was near 100 degrees here so it got way too hot anyway. I want to go downstairs and tackle it first thing this morning before I go to the pool.

TTFN girlies!

Faye
Old 06-13-2004, 10:25 AM   #7  

Hello Everyone,

Well like I mentioned earlier my sister is here so I didn't get time to post yesterday. I am leaving tomorrow for SC so I won't be checking in here until late in the week.

As for ice cream is there anyother flavor besides chocolate? If so I'm unaware of it lol.

Hope you're feeling better today Faye.

Julie - I know a lot of people have trouble with wheat. Hope that helps your weight loss.

Amanda - I just gave up my gym membership as well because of the cost. I thought I'd miss it, but I walk instead, like Faye said, and do other things and I don't miss it at all. I certainly don't miss the money going out of my account every month lol.

I think, well I know, what works best is plain old consistence. Doing well 3 days out of the week or having a good week and then a bad one and so forth will do nothing but keep you losing and gaining the same 2 lbs over and over and driving you nuts. It ends up being a lot of work for nothing.

Anyway, take care everyone and I will talk to you later.

Beth
beth_on_the_beach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2004, 01:30 PM   #8  

Hey everyone!!!! Well I didnt report my pts, I cant' seem to remember all the time!!! Well I got 4 pts for yesterday. Today is to be determined!! I'm aiming for a 4 pt'er, but I havent exercised yet soo I got a long way to go!! I might not get to exercise until tonight my baby still hasnt taken her nap yet. My lil sister is playing X Box and my hubby just got back so I guess he is fixing something to eat or something. No one to watch the baby...and Dora isnt doing as well of a job today!

I did eat breakfast today....."FAYE".... Can I get a pt for that?!?! Anyway, I really like those weiners!!! {that sounded funny!!} But seriously, I ate them for breakfast with my eggbeaters!! Yummy and they are only 40 calories!! YAY! But the only place that I've found them is Walmart which is 25 miles away, so when we get some money, I will stock up!! Anyways, I guess we are off to look for swimsuits again! No beach or pool today from the way the weather is! I'd like to get in one or the other...or maybe get a little tan!! Well I didnt know if everyone has journals or not, so I'm going to post a picture of me and my sis clowning around last night!!

Oh, did I mention that I stepped on the scale and it had 145 ?!?! I know it's only 1 lb...but its was 1lb to make my goal!! So now I've set a new goal! 135 I hope I can make it!! I wanna try to get to it by July 4th! But that's just an option...I'd be happy to get to it period!! I may even be able to wear a size 13/14 comfortably!!!

BETH Have fun in SC!! You will be by me!! Hopefully the weather isnt as bad where you are....or you can kiss your walks goodbye...unless you have a raincoat!!

FAYE I dont even have hot flashes....anymore!! Ha....but I still get like that when I go into stores...I start sweating and getting dizzy and nauseous....even when I have eaten!!! I hate that!! I hope you feel better though! And I'm glad you DIDNT pass out...that is sooo embarassing!!

AMANDA You are doing great!!! I'm so proud of you girl!!! Glad youre getting your hair cut! When are you gonna get it done? If you havent been using the gym...no use in trying to keep up your membership...Besides you have been doing great without it! And its cheaper to buy videos and work out at home anyways!!

Silly Poll Sunday!! Well, I dont ever eat ice cream!! One, it's too cold for my teeth!! LOL, and Two, when I start...it's hard to stop! Third, I love bluebell ice cream and they don't make that in SC, plus my favorite all time ice cream is Lemon and they don't make it anymore! But I do like butterfinger blizzards from Dairy Queen and dipped cones!

Ok chickies...we'll I've rambled enough!!! I need to get my butt up and do something!!! I hope everyone has a great day!!!!
Old 06-13-2004, 03:27 PM   #9  
Gym'll fix it!!

Silly Poll, i don't consider icecream a splurge i have it regularly usually vanilla cos i have it with fruit but my favorite has got to be Haagen Daz Vanilla and Almond Choc Bars

Nice Pic Jaymi is that your Sis? Congrats on the weightloss

Beth, hope you're feeling better

Faye, that treacle tart sounds yucky i've never eaten that! and i don't know about clotted cream either its whipping cream or double cream that i've had, it does'nt sound very nice "clotted" does it? i was watching one of my "english" programs yesterday and the chef was making a spinach and onion tart i've never heard of that either so i was wrong in thinking that all tarts are desserts i'll still keep calling them pies tho'

Amanda, was'nt it you that was growing your hair or am i getting you mixed up with someone else? i've just had 3" cut off mine and i'm thinking of going even shorter cos it feels so good

Will have to be 100% OP from tomorrow I want to lose as close to 20lbs over the next 2mths as i can i've got a lot of work to do.
cat90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2004, 07:09 PM   #10  
2006 - Panda Remix

dear all,

I've had a good day today - I woke up feeling really crappy with the dreaded PMS, but decided I should keep active. So I set about cleaning my bedroom - now this was not a small job as I have not given it a proper clean and tidy since I moved in 3 years ago! It took me 4 hours to clean it from top to bottom - it looks great now, and boy, it was a real workout! I was sweating more than when I go on the exercise bike! And it really helped my PMS - helped work off some of that agitation.

So 4 points for me today!

I am not expecting good news at my weigh in tomorrow - I have been a little slack this week because I was unwell at the beginning of the week, and now PMS towards the end of the week - I've had a few 4 pointers, but feel as if I have not made the healthiest choices , for example choosing to eat bread rather than fruit. I'm going to try very hard not to have bread this week - but it may be asking a bit too much of myself when I have PMS, as this is when I most crave bread! I'll give it a try anyway and see how I go.

FAYE - Hope you are feeling better soon!

CAT - Yes. I am growing my hair, but it needs a cut to get it into a good shape and condition! It took me a while to convince Nige that if I get it cut it will grow quicker! - because it will be more healthy. I hate it at the moment because it is at that awful 'inbetween' stage, where I'm growing out all the really short layers that I had - it's too long to style and use wax, but not long enough to tie up! Hopefully my hairdresser will be able to do something with it!

JAYMI - WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOU! Congratulations on reaching your target - that is a fantastic acheivement - You look great in your picture - very slim and pretty! Remember now that you only have 14 lbs left to reach your new target that the weight will come off really slow - so don't be disheartened or think you are doing something wrong! The final few pounds are always the hardest - so hang in there!

BETH - hope you have a great time with your sister! I agree with what you said about consistency - it's something I have real trouble with. I hang out on the 100lb club forum and there are people there who have lost huge amounts of weight - they don't have any secret formula or magic pill, they just plugged away at it day after day after day, until 2lb became 20lb, became 100lb! I always give up before I really even get into double figures - because I get disheartened that my weight loss is quite slow - but this time I will just keep plugging away at it until I get there - however long it takes!

SILLY POLL - My fave ice cream has got to be Haagen daz vanilla - I'm not keen on chocolate ice cream - I'd rather have a really rich vanilla with a few chocolate pieces in. My other real fave is raspberry ripple - but I don't see it around much as I think it has gone out of fashion!

Love Amanda xx
Amanda Panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2004, 03:08 AM   #11  

MONDAY: Today is Mission Monday and our mission this week is to make our home a "fail safe" environment. Still hiding that bag of oreos, a few doritos still stuffed in a cabinet! Get rid of them this week! I know a lot of you have children, but HEY IS THAT JUNK GOOD FOR THEM JUST BECAUSE THEY AREN'T OVERWEIGHT?????? As for hubby, same is true for him and gently remind him that if he wants to snack, buy them, leave them in his pickup truck or whatever and go out there to eat them like I used to do with dh when he smoked years ago. He wasn't allowed to smoke in the house and since we lived up north with the snow, I hoped having to stand out in the cold would make him quit!

Faye
Amanda
Jaymi

Arm is hurting so decided to get up and set up the morning post.

Amanda: You hang in there sweety and you can get back on track. Now you know why I CLEAN all the time!

Jaymi: You girls are beautiful.

Cat: I know, I thought that about the treacle tart too. Sounded icky to me as well and to me, clotted cream sounds lumpy and that just doesn't sound appetizing!

Beth: Have a marvelous time in SC.

If you guys like bread pudding but not the calories and fat, let me know and I will post a recipe that I made yesterday and is quite yummy! I ate it with just a scoop of Breyers lowfat vanilla and it was a great treat. I took a regular recipe and used ff milk, egg beaters instead of eggs, splenda instead of regular sugar and lower fat butter. The main fat was the small about of butter and what was in the bread, but the regular recipe was 166 cal so I know I whacked a lot off that.

Oh and speaking of butter, have you guys tried the Land of Lakes light butter? I was using I can't Believe it's not Butter light, but looked and found they had the same fat and cal content and one was butter and one margarine so I switched. Only problem is the butter is 3 times the cost of the margarine!

Well, my contacts are driving me nuts so I am going to take them out then go downstairs and sit in the recliner and try to rest some. Poor dh worries so much when I stay in bed and toss and turn so I try to just get away from him so he can sleep.

Faye
Old 06-14-2004, 09:25 AM   #12  
It is what it is...

Morning All - Hope you all had a great weekend, I did but of course it goes by fast when you have work Monday morning ...

Silly Poll Sunday - I live in IN and we have Ritters Frozen Custard, I love it - it is so good ( is that what you were talking about Faye? ), of course I dont have it to often because of its fat content and because I am lactose intolerant...

Julie - I know what you mean about dairy- as I stated above I am lactose intolerant so I really never have dairy, sometimes some cheese or like a 1/2 c of milk with cereal but I have to take pills to have it...good luck...

Amanda - Looking forward to see if you have any weight loss...I need my hair trimmed badly, it is right above my butt and scraggly at bottom...I always get it cut off to my shoulders then let it grow to my butt, then do it all over again...I dont know why either...laziness I guess, ha

Jaymi - Congrats on meeting your goal...have fun with your sister!!!

Cathy - good luck on the 20 pounds in two months, that is 10 pounds a month...hard - but I think you can do it the way you exercise, and if you stay OP ...

I had two 3 point days over the weekend, no exercise, I couldnt with those cramps... nor did I want to ha ha ha
I have already lost 4 pounds of added vacation weight, hope to have the rest off by Friday...so we will see girls....have a great day
Satine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2004, 11:36 AM   #13  

ok you guys, I am totally creeped out now! I went to the pool and started exercising and this young black man around 18-20 I would guess came to the pool fully clothed with a backpack (he had done this once before and sat and watched me) This time while I was exercising he sat in a suit on the steps. When I moved to the metal steps to do some more he had come up behind me and I hadn't heard him. Jumped out of my skin. He started telling me to keep my back straight when I did these leg lift things and put his hands on my waist to help. I let that go but then he moved up to where his you know what was shoved up next to me and the hands went up the to breast area. I said excuse me and asked him to back up that I had to have room and did some scissor things with my legs and he grabbed my ankles to "help." So I stopped and pretended to do a lap or two and got out of the pool. He told me he would be happy to show me some exercises (though he knew I have a whole routine that works for me) and I said thank you and left. Now, the problem is, he may or may not have been trying to help, but I DO NOT feel comfortable at the pool now that he knows I am there every morning. (DUMB trusting me told him when he asked how often I worked out, and that was before he got into the water so how was I to know?) I guess I am going to have to wait until evening and drag Jack over there to sit with me now, which makes me mad. I am still shaking from it. I mean I did the best I could not to embarrass him if he really was trying to help and not to possibly make him mad if he had something else in mind, you know? I mean I could have belted him right you know where, but he was pretty fit and could have drowned me easily even as big as I am if it pissed him off. I guess I am trying to convince myself that I handled it correctly.

Carri: Yep, I was talking about Ritters. There are 2- one in Mish and one in SB and the one in Mish was only about 5 miles from the house and we used to go there all the time. I got this thing that was chocolate ice cream, choc syrup, marshmallow stuff and oreo cookies. I have to try and not succumb while we are up there for the 4th!

Thanks for listening guys!

Faye
Old 06-14-2004, 12:04 PM   #14  

Hi everyone!

Well short post today. I'm in a pretty bad mood, so I'll just leave it at that!! I'm not really sure how or why so I'll wait and explain later!

I only got 3 pts for yesterday, didnt get to exercise, or just didnt I guess. I wanted to earlier but the baby was driving me crazy. That might be why I feel like this, since I havent exercised yet this morning either. Let me change the subject before I start ranting.

Faye- that is tooo scary!! Stuff like that freaks me out....but I am a big scardy cat. A man walking past my car door freaks me out, I always find myself locking them!! Sorry to hear about that though, make hubby come with you!

Satine- Congrats on those 4 lbs!! That is great! and fast too!

Amanda- Thanks soo much, you are so sweet! I'm already dreading it, but that's why I wasnt all that surprised when I didnt really see but a 1 lb loss, and that barely came off. it's probably back on...but I wont be finding out any time soon!! I remember trying to lose those last 5-10 lbs last time...It was excruciating!! But the other part was easier, so now that I've been fighting this war all of this time, the last part shouldnt be so dreadful. I just can't wait!

Cat90- Good luck on losing that 20 lbs!! Will be here cheering you on!!!

Everyone- Thanks for your compliments and comments!! I wouldnt even have met this goal if it werent for you chickies, so thanks sooo much!

Well hopefully I will be able to keep this up. I am going to cancel this stupid AOL today, I am NOT paying 23 bucks for something that cuts off every 5 minutes and takes 10 years to check emails. But If I can't find another email service, then I might be a while before I check in. And since I havent found the library yet. Just wish me luck!

This is supposed to be short...and it is...in my terms... so I will talk with you all later!!

Old 06-14-2004, 12:33 PM   #15  

Hi Ladies,
Phew, it's late already! Had to get some shopping done and pick the kids up early today. I ask you, What kind of lame-*** town has their last day of school from 8:30-11 on a MONDAY???? The only reason I took them at all was because they were all doing special stuff with their classes.

Well the weekend was ok, except for the exercise. I felt really out of it....like I was in a haze. I know this is supposed to happen when you "detox" off dairy and wheat, so I hope that's all it was. I feel a little better today. It's AMAZING how just about everything you eat has either milk or wheat products in it. I don't eat much processed food anyway, but sheesh! I'm pretty sure that my main problem is the dairy.......and I'm taking some "good bugs" (probiotics) to try and even out the indigestion. I'm gonna try not having wheat stuff while I"m at it, just to confuse my body and hopefully kick this plateau in the buttocks!

Faye, BUMMER about the pool incident! Talk about CREEPY! It sucks that you have to change your routine, but better safe than sorry. Maybe you could get Jack to join you in the pool? Then it would be fun for both of you. I think you handled it fine, but in these types of things......your instincts are usually right. He probably wasn't just being "helpful". I think I would have told him to flat out NOT TOUCH ME......but it can be really scary, I know. Hope things get back to normal. And don't let it get you down.

Jaymie, CONGRATS on reaching your goal!!! That is so awesome Your picture was gorgeous too. Good luck finding a new internet service.

Well, gotta fly.......too much to do today. Everyone have a super day!
Julie
Mirabelly is offline   Reply With Quote