Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

View Poll Results: Are you planning a summer vacation?
No, staying home, no plans 2 28.57%
Yes, but staying in my city/town 0 0%
Yes, but staying in state 0 0%
Yes, going to another state 2 28.57%
Yes, going to another country 3 42.86%
Haven't made plans yet, but will go somewhere 0 0%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-07-2004, 06:25 AM   #1  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

Post Sugar Busters Weekly Support Board 6/7-6/13

This is the
SUGAR BUSTERS WEEKLY SUPPORT BOARD
where all of you who are following this WOE, or are thinking about doing so, are welcome to come join in and be a part of our wonderful group.

Other than finding support and friendship on this board, we also try to do something during the the week to add a little difference to our board.

MONDAY-MOTIVIATIONAL MONDAY
TUESDAY-TUESDAYS TIPS & FACTS & CHAT AT 9:15PM EST
WEDNESDAY-WEIGH-IN WEDNESDAY
THURSDAY-TASTY THURSDAY (RECIPE DAY)
FRIDAY-FRIDAY FUNNIES

Please take some time to check out our extensive recipe boards. Our RECIPE BOARDS can be located at the link below:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/foru...php?forumid=89

Look for our QUARTERLY RECIPE BOARDS to post your favorite recipes and to see the most recently posted recipes. Recipes from the quarterly boards will be archived in proper categories at some point.

We have SEVEN INFORMATIVE BOARDS!!!! Please take a few minutes to visit them! New information is continually being posted, so please make sure you visit them often!!! The boards are listed below as well as the link that will take you to the boards:

THE RECOMMENDED READING BOARD
THE TOOLS & TIPS BOARD
THE FOOD INFORMATION BOARD
MOTIVATIONAL & INSPIRING THOUGHTS BOARD
MY FAVORITE SB LEGAL FOODS
SB 2002 BIO BOARD
SB 2001/2002 PHOTO ALBUM BOARD

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/foru...php?forumid=87

We also have a SB WEEKLY EXERCISE BOARD that you can log your daily/weekly exercises on which is located on our weekly support board:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...996#post598996

Then there's our latest addition to the SB BOARDS which is called OFF THE EATEN PATH This board is for everything NOT related to SB. You can use this board to post questions or comments on just about anything (okay, within reason). A book you recommend, a cleaning tip, a great website deal, etc. etc. Here's the link:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/foru...php?forumid=90

NEWBIES! (aka new members) If you would like to REPLY to any of our threads, please hit POST REPLY not NEW THREAD, then type your message in and hit SUBMIT REPLY. If you need to edit your reply, just click on edit located in the body of your post and make changes as you need to, then hit SUBMIT NOW.

WELCOME!

Debelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2004, 06:38 AM   #2  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

GOOD MONDAY MORNING EVERYONE!

Will post my usual morning post sometime later, but wanted to make sure I got our
MOTIVATIONAL MONDAY
done early in the morning, so here's my contribution for MM, there's 2 of them to read today-both good

EXTRA EFFORT

How do you get enormous results from a relatively small effort? It happens when you make that effort an extra effort.

Once you've done the necessary work, do a little more. The extra payoff will be vastly larger than the additional effort expended. Why is that? Because the more your efforts can build on each other, the more valuable they become.

If you stop at the very earliest opportunity, you give up precious momentum. Instead, keep going a little longer, and watch as your efforts become increasingly effective.

Think of how much fuel you'd waste, not to mention the wear and tear on your car's engine, if you turned off that engine and then restarted it after every mile traveled. Once you're in motion, it's far more efficient to keep moving as long as possible.

When you've made the minimum necessary effort, do yourself a favor that will pay off in a big way. Go ahead and make the extra effort.

-- Ralph Marston

MOMENTUM OF ACHIEVEMENT

Success comes most readily to those who are already successful. That's why the small successes are so important.

When you set a goal, however small it may be, and then work to achieve it, you put in motion a powerful positive momentum. That momentum can help you to reach toward higher and higher levels of achievement.

The small successes do matter, for they set that momentum in motion. No step is trivial, however small it may be, when it is leading in a positive direction.

Too many people wait and hope for, beg, plead and even fight for that one big break that will bring about instant success. Sadly, in so doing they overlook the small opportunities for success that come in every moment of every day.

You can easily make a little bit of progress in the next fifteen minutes. And you can make a little more progress in the next few hours. Create for yourself the momentum of achievement. And you can take it wherever you wish to go.

-- Ralph Marston

Have a wonderful day, and a fabulous week!!!!!

Debbie
194/1??/129
SB since 3/22/00
Debelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2004, 07:47 AM   #3  
Little Engine That Could

Hello everyone,
I was surprised to see no posts and it is already 1:30 in the afternoon. But then I forgot that you are 6 hours earlier. Looks like the board was really slow last week.
Still doing OK here. This is the beginning of another week and the course is still very hard. Everything is oral and sometimes I donùt understand what she is talking about. Added to that, I happened to sit by so,eone who has a bad attitude about the class she is in and slumped in her chair and pouted all morning long. It was distracting and Ill try not to sit near her tomorrow. She thinks she should be in a higher level course.
I spent the weekend doing a variety of things: went to a street market where we bought lots of frensh fruit and cheese. Their food is different here--more natural or something. Also went to the Orsay museum and saw all the great paintings that one finds in the art history books. There are a ton of the impressionists exhibited there and Monet would go gaga. Naturally, Monet,s works are exhibited there. It is easy to see the progression of art from strictly studio paintings to post impressionism. I also went by myself tok a neighborhood in the city and just soaked up the atmosphere. It was fun just getting away from the demands of my roommqte or anyone else.
Im already looking forward to coming home. After a few days, Paris is just another big city. A nice city, but just another city with lots of traffic and noise, etc. I miss my nice yard.
Gotta go. Hope the board will be more active this week. My eating has been so-so, but Ive been walking on average 12000 steps a day. My skirts even feel a little loose. There are a TON of steps if you take the Metro here. Someone in a wheelchair would have an impossible time on the Metro. Too many steps--and not escalators, either.
Au revoir and A bientot.
GatorGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2004, 08:11 AM   #4  

Good morning! I'm trying to stasrt the week off right & since I had some extra time this am, get in a post as well. Have to go by the hospital where I use to work & give a deposition this am about an empolyee that got kicked in the chest a couple of years ago, then off to my private duty case. Vacation is definitely OVER! Speaking of vacation...I couldn't vote since mine is already over.

The scale was even higher this am than yesterday. Well it looks like I need to read Deb's MM everyday this week & really get to work at taking this weight off. I do plan on working EXTRA hard at it this week.

Gator, sounds like you are making the most of this trip. I do hope that you enjoy yourself in addition to all the hard work you're doing. How long will you be there??

Well got to go. :hello: to ALL you SB gals. Hope you all have a great day! It's going to be hot & HUMID here again.
Melf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2004, 08:24 AM   #5  

Good morning! Another week of baking here... I have to bake 12" cakes for the base of the wedding cake for Saturday, so I think I will go buy a second 12" pan. It will make life much easier. I am not into doing a wedding cake this week at all!

The thyroid meds seem to be kicking in a trifle, but my weight is still up ten and I am feeling frustrated about that.

GATOR: You got that right..I would LOVE to go to that museum and gaze at all the paintings. Send me a postcard! haha! Sounds like you are having quite an adventure. Enjoy it! It will pass quickly.

MELF: I am glad you had a good time on vacation. That gator in your yard looks scary.

FRUIT: I hope your sunburn doesn't hurt! Being red as a crawfish sounds painful!
Ellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2004, 12:11 PM   #6  

Height: 5' 7"

Default Good morning.

Over eating...under exercising....hanging in there...*smile* Outside of the diet arena life is GREAT! Mama bought our first official horse for the Ranch. My parents and us are starting a small horse ranch here at the house. Our new beauty is a registered paint. We love her already.

So far today so good with the eating.

Gator...I hope you find some more things to peak your interest while you are in Paris. Sorry you had to sit by gloomy gus.

Monet...sorry about the scales still being up. ((hugzz))

Where is every one today? Is it vacation time?

Love and hugs,
Crystle
CountryMom4Him is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2004, 01:05 PM   #7  
Bustin' Buddy

Good afternoon!

I'm still in my PJs! It is so wonderful to be off of work. I've been good so far with my eating today. We went to the store yesterday afternoon and we bought all legal stuff. So, we are both on the plan now. Now, if I can just motivate myself to exercise!! HAHA! I'll check back in later!!! Have a great day!

Missy
296/294.5/170
fruitloupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2004, 02:11 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Good Monday afternoon.

Been sorta crazy here and just now had a chance to post.

Weekend was boring. I've gotta be doing something all the time. Moved DD's stuff home from college. Come August, we will move it to another apt. Fun, fun.

I woke up with a different attitude about food today. It just doesn't seem to matter. Ususally food is my first and foremost thought. I'm not sure that it is good or bad. But it feels different. Hope it lasts. Eating today has been OP.

This board is going down quickly. I can't believe we only had 4 pages last week. I guess dieting is not the most important thing right now. I hoe it picks up. I really need the support we get here.

Melf, I would have freaked out if I had seen that alligator. I would never leave the house in the dark now. Did it bother the cows that were close by? Glad you had a nice vacation. I love walking on the beach too.

Fruit, Hope that sunburn is better. Glad you had a good time. Now is the time to get buckled down to losing wt. Let's do it. I don't think Terry can afford to lose any wt.

Nat, don't you just hate men? DH is losing and not even trying. So unfair. I bet I could fatten him up quickly.

Monet, glad your meds are starting to work. Now maybe the wt will start coming off too.

Country, a horse ranch, how exciting. What is a paint?

Gator, sounds like you are enjoying yourself but will be ready to come home when it is time. That is great that your skirts are already too big.

Have a great day.

Jackie
Solly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2004, 05:09 PM   #9  

Good Afternoon:

I don't know why I thought when school was out, I'd have so much more time to post....NOT!

I hope eveyone is having a graet OP day. I've been good! I had my Cheerios with fresh sliced strawberries & Rice milk for BF, and had Black Bean chili with cheese and flax chips and some green beans for lunch. I will eat some cherries soon. Oh, and I did have a Non-fat, SF vanilla latte from Starbucks..but that's legal too. Tonight will be Extra Lean ground beef patties with onions, bell pepper & mushrooms mixed in, and a large salad and asparagus for me (& potatoes for everyone else).

I got to the gym today; what a great way to start the week.

Britt started Vacation Bible School today (8:30 - 11:30); it was tough to get everyone up and dressed and out of here by 7:45....just wait until the end of August when we have to be out the door by 7:15 AYE...YIE..YIE.

I have been making a lot of calls today trying to find some organic stores in Panama City Beach, FL, calling to arrange the dog-sitter, getting the exterminator to come spray the outside of the house before we leave, etc...

Gator: So good to see you posting. I hope things get a little easier for you there; it must be tough to be in a whole new world. I'm sure you are missing your family. The board has been very slow; I wonder what everyone is doing?

Melf: Hang in there...you do your part and those numbers will start going down again.

Monet: Good luck with that cake. Hopefully you will find time for yourself this week too. My DH can't get in for a physical until mid-July, but thanks for the well-wishes. I just think he is not eating enough and he is burning even more calories. He is putting in 8-10 hours of physical labor on the weekends (digging footings, mixing & pouring concrete, laying block, etc....) in this 105+ heat. He also gets to the gym 3 times per week and does the Ab Scissor every other day. I asked him to take a week off of the gym, but he won't budge!

Country: Wow, a painted horse; you'll have to post a picture for us to see that beauty!! Hang in there with the eating; you'll get there again!

Fruit: Howdy; hope you are enjoying your time off.

Jack-K: Send those fattening thoughts this way to my DH! I know the board is soooo slow; I really wish everyone would find their way back. I did pretty good staying OP last week, with a few exceptions. I almost met the challenge, but would be dishonest to say I was 100% good.

Well, I better run and spend some time with the kiddos!!

Take care,
Nat
Pancho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2004, 08:30 PM   #10  

Hey all!

First day back to work wasn't bad. My little patient was glad to see me. I hadn't realized how much I had missed him too. LOL

Eating has been back OP today. Haven't had enough water, but did better than I had been doing. Not sure what it is, but something is giving me allot of gas & I'm trying to figure it out. I'm afraid allot of it might be milk intolerance, but I'm also thinking sweetners?

Monet, hope you can make that cake without too much tasting. That would be toooo much of a temtation for me! LOL

Country, New horse sounds great. Hope you're new horse ranch gets off to a good start! I completely understand the too much food, not enough exercise thing. I'm at the same place.

Fruit, it's nice to be able to lounge around & not have to go to work once in a while. Enjoy!

Jack-k, no, the cows didn't seem to be too bothered by that gator, but it did kind of freak me out too. LOL Hey, I'll bet you are going to enjoy having your DD home for the summer, huh? I know what you mean about the board being so slow. I'm sorry I have not been doing my part, but I am going to give it a good try. I've missed being here & I know it use to really be a big support for me too.

Pancho, thanks for the encouraging words. I'm going to really give it a good try to stay OP. I did well today. Didn't eat anything off plan. Good for you! Getting to the gym is one of my goals for this week also.
Melf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2004, 10:24 PM   #11  

Good Evening!

I was better today, but not yet totally on program. I hardly ate any dinner. I just have no appetite in the evenings. I got two layers for the cake baked today. That felt good. The best thing was that my new archery target came today! Its one of the traditional round ones, and I am so psyched! I can't wait to use it! Unfortunately, it was raining.... I even got new arrows to use. I imagine my chest and shoulders and upper arms are going to be good and strong!

COUNTRY: Having a horse farm sounds like so much fun! How many horses are you going to have? Can I come ride?

MELF: It is tempting to make the wedding cakes...that is why I want to get out of doing them all the time! Any sign of the gator?

GATOR: You must be walking a lot! All those steps you are logging are impressive. It will be great if you come back with a good loss! Of course, I will be jealous.

JACK: Send some of that attitude here. I need it bad! I feel tired from the thyroid crap, and that makes it so easy to just open the fridge and eat something easy. The easy stuff is usually the worst stuff for me too...

FRUIT: Good for you getting all legal stuff. You can do this! Enjoy some lazy days. You deserve them after putting up with all those kids all year! I do love first and second graders, they are so much fun, but everyone needs a break now and then.

Ok, I gotta go look at Laura's cake she decorated, then get ready for bed! Good night!
Old 06-07-2004, 11:28 PM   #12  

Hey guys..its been a while since I last posted. My life really sucks lately. I barely have time to breathe. My mother is still in the hospital and will be for at least another 3-4 weeks maybe longer. She is going for another surgery tomorrow...for a skin graft and to see if he can fix the 2 holes in her intestines. Today is 9 weeks of her being in the hosptal..its really sad and I feel so bad for her. She really is such a strong person..I dont know if I could of held on as long as she has.....think about being in the hospital for 9 weeks....that seems like a lifetime. Tomorrow it may be all over...if he can fix it...and it stays closed than she is good to go...but there is a chance of her getting another hole while trying to fix the other. I feel like someone up there should just say..look, the woman has been through enough...lets end this now. But, I guess we will see tomorrow.
My Grandmother is also in the hospital...a different hospital, of course, she had a stroke last friday and is in congestive heart failure. We dont think shes gonna make it much longer this time. So if Im not at one hospital, Im at the other.
I just really wanted to come here to say hello and to say that I am still OP and 1/2lb away from my first goal. I think about you guys all the time...just havent had the time to get here.
Have a good day everyone....say a prayer for my mom, please!
Chris
chrisd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2004, 01:17 AM   #13  

Hello All--
Not much going on here today. We have been working out in the shop, trying to get it cleaned. (That is funny, dh won't let me get in there and really clean, so things just get moved around abit!!) And trying to get the boat ready to take down to the lake.

Had a Graduation Party on Saturday, was mostly OP. Everything was legal except the cake. More fat than I usually eat, but when it's hamburgers and hot dogs......I made a coleslaw and that was all that I could have with the meats so...... I only had one patty with swiss, and a hot dog without the bun. But then I did have a small piece of cake. I am okay with it. Have been OP since.

Gator-- Glad you are getting some time to yourself. It is fun to go away.....but always great to get home. Just try to enjoy yourself.

Melf-- One day at a time. It will come off. Taking that first step is the key, and you have already done that!!

Monet-- Baking and archery......what a combination. Glad that your meds are starting to do their thing......I am sure the weight will start dropping off now.

County-- Congrats on the horse. How many are you planning on getting? A working ranch is a lot of hard work......have fun. I loved our horses. When we were kids my sister and I spent all our time riding. From the time we got out of school until dark.

Fruit-- Enjoy your "YOU" time. You certainly deserve it. Teaching is a very taxing job. Rewarding, yes, but taxing!!

Jackie--Maybe you are into that "Eat to live", instead of living to eat mode. Sure wish it would hit me again. For a long time I had to make myself eat enough food. Not now!! lol

Pancho-- Sounds like you are going to have a very busy summer. What are you spraying your house for?? Creepy Crawlers?? I know when I was in NM there were all kinds of crawly things. Tarantula's, Scorpion's and others. Hope that Britt has a great time at VBS. My boy's used to love going.

Chrisd-- Nice to hear from you. I will be praying for you Mom and Grandmother. Wooo Hooo, you are almost there. Keep up the great work!!

Well, that's it for me. Sweet dreams.
Teensybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2004, 08:11 AM   #14  

Good Morning!

I slept the sleep of the dead. I think I could crawl back in bed and sleep a few more hours. Instead, I got up and crawled over here to the computer.

Its not raining, so I am hoping to get out and try my new target.

CHRIS: I will certainly be praying for you mom and grandmother. How stressful for you to be having to run between two hospitals! Its great that you have stayed OP through it all. Keep us posted on how things are going.

TEENSY: I had to laugh about your not being able to really clean in the shop. Sounds like our garage. Tom has all this 'stuff' he has to keep...and most of it is going to end up in the trash in a few years anyway. He saves boxes from things...?? Who can understand men sometimes?

I think everyone needs to email one board member they are in contact with who is NOT posting and fuss at them to get back on here. I sure hate to see this group die out. Its been such great support for so many....
Old 06-08-2004, 09:28 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Good Tuesday Morning,

Went to the ball park last night. DD's had a VB game and we stayed to watch the softball games. No to exciting.

Pancho, Oh the joys of summer vacation. I wouldn't discourage DH from going to the gym. It is important to keep that ritual. Once you stop going it is so easy to let it slip. Green beans & chili?

Melf, glad that first day back to work was pretty good. I have had trouble getting in my water too. It has tasted so bad for the last week or so. It is just now getting where I can drink it. Just take one day at a time.

Monet, get some legal things in the fridge. That way when you are tired you can get something easy and legal. I just cup up a bunch of veggies to have on hand. Have fun with your archery. I would be so sore.

Chris, prayers for both your DM and GM. I can't imagine running to a hopsital for 9 weeks much less 2 different ones. Congrats on being so close to your first goal. That is amazing with all you have going on.

Teensy, I think I'm just tired of food and it not tasting any good. Monet said she didn't have an appetite in the evenings. I don't eat because I'm hungry, I just eat because it's there.

Heart, where are you?

Got to run order do-nuts for tomorrow morning.

Jackie
Solly is offline   Reply With Quote