South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-07-2004, 06:00 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Monday Beach Chat - June 7

Bacon and scrambled eggs with mushrooms are about to be served on the deck. Are you ready?

The Girls are fed and I am going off to the Greenhouse to pick up some extra plants for the Village. It's dump the stuff day there so I need to get there early before it's all in the compost!

I'll be in the garden all day today. Yippee!

Catch you later!
Old 06-07-2004, 06:44 AM   #2  

Can I come over for breakfast Ruth? I will bring the coffee.

Jenn and LC Hope you are feeling better!

Ellis No benefits to being married to a chef. He doesn't cook a freaking thing at home!! The plus side is that he eats anything I cook and doesn't critictize.

Michelle You are kicking some serious butt over there in the exercise challenge! It is no wonder you are droppong weight like a mad woman. You must feel great!!

It's Monday! I actually have a busy week planned- first and foremost is subbing at my daughter's preschool. Another friend and I are tag teaming and splitting the days. Two great benefits- it helps out Miss Kim, my DDs teacher, and we get some free tuition, which is great because we are paying partial tuition over the summer to hold her spot. I have duty this morning, so we will see how it goes! There will only be four kids there, which includes my DD, so certainly I can handle it!

I spent some time cooking yesterday to at least prepare for breakfast and lunches, so I will be OP this week. Meals are planned and shopped for, so now it is a matter of executing the plan. I made Turkey Breakfast Cups from the SBD cookbook and the Lemon Couscous Chicken from the SBD book. I will post both of these this evening if anyone is interested.

Have a great day- exercise and stay OP!!
Old 06-07-2004, 07:34 AM   #3  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Morning chickies I am feeling a little more normal this morning. ( no jokes please) My thoart is still a little sore and I did manage to sleep through the night mind you it was still in the chair but atleast I feel rested. I slept pretty much the whole day yesterday. I did not however go get grocries so there is not much in the house. Maybe when my helper gets here I will have time to run out. I think I will try to do some cooking and baking for the week. I will use Kiko's idea maybe it will help keep me OP. Rutie I am with kiko as well I would love to come for breakfast and lounge out on the deck with a tea and good friends. Well I must go and try to accomplish something this morning as not much got done around here this week-end. I will be back after the dishes are done and I clean the bathroom it is kinda of scary in there right now. Check in in a bit.
Old 06-07-2004, 09:24 AM   #4  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Morning all!

I don't know what it is -- feel crappy then fine. Odd. Thanks for the well wishes Kiko!

Today I am deciding whether or not to attend a kickball game or go to the gym. I paid to join the team but haven't gone to one. It's at 8:45, and I get out of work tonight at 6:30P. I could just as easily go to the gym and be home by 8:30 rather than 10:30.

Oh decisions...

Didn't dare with the scale this morning. Feeling bloated again.

Happy Monday chickies!
Old 06-07-2004, 10:13 AM   #5  

morning everyone!!
feeling like a scrambled egg this morning, not to eat just feeling like one. my mind is going in 20 different directions. dd went on a trip to kennywood (amusement park) this am with our church group and youngest ds is still in school so i had to leave middle ds at home alone today to be there when little ds gets off the bus, and he can be a little devil. so i am worried about dd although i know she will be ok and worried about ds burning down the house or something. not to mention the pile o work i got here in front of me. i wish i had a regular job that i could take a day off without the world coming to a hault!!! ok done wining.

little chick glad you finally got to sleep!!! keep getting better.

ruth have fun in the garden!!

jenn- well as i see it they are both good for you for either one at least you are exercising!!!

kiko good luck with the little ones!!

ellis- forgive me please but when i read your pot response from yesterday i got this mental picture of Sr. margaret mary whats-her-name slipping you a dime bag from under her robe
Old 06-07-2004, 10:18 AM   #6  

ooops posted to quick!!
seriously ellis sorry dad is in so much pain, hope there is someting out there to help.
to all the rest of you beach babes have a great day on the beach!!!
wow look it is almost 10:30 and i didn't cheat yet!!! who said i don't have willpower?? oh yeah thats right it was me.
Old 06-07-2004, 10:39 AM   #7  

Hello ladies!

I feel like junk - but that's because I'm tired and stressed a little. Work has been insane and we live on 1/2 acre. The former homeowner decided to plant 21 evergreens (I know...it gets worse) directly above our septic tank. One of the trees was wrapped around a pipe which of course is making very nervous. Then he left the minitracktor in our yard, enough to drive the neighbors insane. They're rebuilding our retaining wall, and 3 times we told him we wanted flagstone, and he keeps saying you want the granite boulders right???

Work is so crazy that I worked this weekend, and even got to work today by 7am, almost a personal record. I rushed so much I didn't even weigh myself which is totally crazy because my husband now loves to call me the Scale ho. (thanks you guys!!!)

Anyway - I hope everyone is doing well. Seems like overwhelming yuckiness from most of us.
Old 06-07-2004, 11:10 AM   #8  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Hi, Beach Beauties!

Looks like you had a busy weekend! Me, too...but missed chatting with everyone. Weekends are so busy...I rarely get time to get on the computer.

Glad that mostly everyone is feeling better. Hope that trend continues! Being sick in the winter is kind of fun...but getting under covers in the hot summer is not exactly a blast. Feel better soon!

Kiko, sounds like you are on the right track! That lemon couscous chicken is amazing. Enjoy it!

Ruth, as always, I admire your wonderful green thumbs (you must have at least two!) Hope the whole spa experience wasn't too much for Lucy! Have you ever posted pics of Lucy and Hershey? I'd love to see them!

Ellis, I'm so glad you got some "medicinal herbs" for your dad. Hope they help with the pain as much as they are said to. Bless you for keeping your sense of humor!

Jenn, do not despair! Payday is coming! I think you should head to Phase 2 to help with some of these doldrums. If you need to go back to phase 1, you can, but it will be so much easier when you are surrounded by good choices! I totally agree with whomever said that it sucks to have good food be so expensive when the lousy choices are super expensive.

Little Chick: Good for you on staying OP in spite of being so darn sick! I still cannot believe how much you get done before I am even awake!

DH and I went to see Harry Potter on Friday. I was afraid that we wouldn't get tickets, so persuaded him to stop by the movie theater before going to dinner. A friend from my last class stopped by me in line and asked if we wanted a free ticket for the show starting in forty minutes. We were able to buy another, so ended up going to that show. Talking about being set up for failure! I was so hungry and decided not to bring nuts, for whatever hairbrained reason...so there I was, dreaming of popcorn and hungry. But I stood my ground and did not get any. yay for self control! : I was thrilled to make it. I enjoyed the movie immensely, but could not believe that we had 30 mins or more of previews and commercials. Wow!

Saturday I slept in until 3:00 in the afternoon. I think I was tired! Ran and got some plants at the nursery, and then made a dinner of filet mignon, salad, tomatoes with pesto, roasted garlic and olive oil couscous, and then dark chocolate covered strawberries, which we had with coffee (with hazelnut syrup) while playing Pente, a truly addictive game. It was a very nice evening! On Sunday we went to church, then had leftovers for lunch. We drove out to Lowe's and picked up the basement windows and some landscaping plants. Put those in along with the other plants I picked up on Sat. and then did grocery shopping and bed. Busy, busy!

Having a Cooking Light recipe for dinner with eggplant and WW pasta. Sounds yummy! Probably going to do premade chicken salad and make some lowfat coleslaw for lunch. I'm not getting enough veggies and I can feel it!

Still at 290, but it's my TOM, so I hope it'll jump down after. I did 28 mins on the elliptical this a.m. and about 7 mins of weights for my arms. Got a late start to the gym so didn't get to do as much exercise as I wanted.
Old 06-07-2004, 11:24 AM   #9  

I had a pretty good weekend. We spent Saturday at a friend's house helping them with their garage sale. We picked up food at Dickey's BBQ for lunch. I had looked at their website so I knew they chicken was really high in sugar (they must use a marinade or something) but the turkey was really healthy and tasted good. They also have a lo-carb BBQ sauce so I got that and ate green beans. Then we took all the kids swimming. I spent most of my time helping my son to learn to swim again so I didn't get much real exercise but on Sunday I took him to the city pool. Every hour they do 10 minutes of adult swim so I can have him sit at the side of the pool while I swim laps. I felt so good after swimming!
Old 06-07-2004, 12:45 PM   #10  
Pending Email Confirmation

I went and saw my house again this weekend! It bothers me that people are walking around in it... it's my house! I put the deposit down! They should close it up because it's mine! I guess we can tell I was the kid who wouldn't let you play with my Barbie when I was little! We also took a drive to Petsmart and almost came home with another "baby"... this one was 12 weeks old with little blonde puffy fur. When we get moved in, gotta get another "baby". At least to hubby will let me have a real baby!!!

How that I've gotten to Phase 2 territory, I need to start trying some different recipes. We've been eating Chicken, Sirloin and tomatos for the last three weeks and the hubby is getting bored. I think I'll try the Almon Dijon Chicken. I'm all fired up... I got the WW Pitas at the health food store and I'm ready for some tacos!!! Maybe I'll do some stirfry with brown rice. I'm looking forward to that piece of Multigrain bread and non-dairy cream cheese in the morning! If I can find them at the grocery store!!!!
Old 06-07-2004, 12:49 PM   #11  
I graduated!

Hi Everyone... my weekend wasn't so bad until last night. In response to the intense cravings I had some more snacks (red peppers with cheese) and got some pumpkin seeds and pine nuts (which I'm only mildly allergic to).

Sunday DH had to drive up to a millitary base that is a 4-5 hour drive from here to meet someone else in his unit and pick up supplies for an upcomming class so I went along. We were both OP (that means on plan, right?) all day ...

By the time we got home we were hungry for dinner. I threw together some cooked shrimp, garlic and shredded cabbage and sauteed it with olive oil... as we sat down to eat my glass of diet coke tipped over and filled my dinner bowl.

That was it... I lost it. I ran (if you can run in our tiny little place) into the bedroom crying, threw myself onto the bed an refused to get up. He insisted that he had tasted my dinner and it was fine and he'd eat it and I could have his. I told him he was lying, that he should just throw mine out, that I didn't want to eat, I just wanted to go to bed.

He finally went and ate my dinner anyway (in like 5 minutes! He said he wanted to get back to me... are we dysfunctional or what???) and came back into the bedroom telling me it wasn't bad and would I come eat. I didn't want to get up. I could barely stop crying. I just wanted to lie there and wait for the world to disapear.

I finally let him coax me up... I ate some of what he had set aside for me, I felt horribly guilty. Then we went to the store to pick up supplies for the next 3 or 4 days. I cannot belive how much we are spending on groceries! Maybe we were spending this much before and I didn't realize it... we'll see if we come up short at the end of the month (I've never been any good at budgets).

I get PMS, I don't know if this is a combination of coming down from the stress of school (nursing school has been the singular worst experience of my life, I have one semester left) and PMS and the diet or what...

Today I'm just feeling fried and exhausted.

DH got me up at 6:30 to eat breakfast (that he cooked) and it was good... I keep hoping this will get better but so far...

I'm thinking that staying in bed today is my best bet for staying on plan

Old 06-07-2004, 12:49 PM   #12  
cac

Hi everyone,

I have two days left on phase 1. I am surprised how my cravings have gone and I don't seem to be as hungry. I will be able to exercise today and then not for another week. I am volunteering on a 3-day bike ride that is raising money and awarness for crohnes desease and colites (ibdride.org). I'll be sitting in a car making sure the riders are oK.

cc

Last edited by cac; 06-07-2004 at 04:13 PM.
Old 06-07-2004, 02:40 PM   #13  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

I'm sorry you are having such a hard time of it, ADD! What work you went to and such a frustration to have it covered in soda! One huge bright spot is your wonderful and understanding DH...he sounds like quite a keeper! : I hope things get much, much better soon!

Are the things that are bad in nursing school apt to get better when you get into the field? I hope so!

CC, good for you for volunteering for that ride! Chrone's is so darn awful. We spend huge amount of money on organic milk to try to avoid getting it. I hope that you are inspired by all those bikers to lots of activity when you get home!
Old 06-07-2004, 03:01 PM   #14  
I graduated!

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachgal
Are the things that are bad in nursing school apt to get better when you get into the field? I hope so!
Oh yes!

As a matter of fact the one thing that kept me going (besides the fact that DH is waiting for me to finish this first part of school so I can send him to school and I'd NEVER want to let him down) was having done an internship over the winter break. I'm doing another one on the summer break. Being an RN is NOTHING like being a nursing student. NOTHING.

My school has some of the worst (I can't even call them teachers) I've ever encountered anywhere. Some of the things they do are just wrong, others border on educational malpractice. The people that I've met that just loved nursing school are not graduates of my program.

It's like being in an abusive relationship... and my divorce dosn't come until December of this year, but boy will I party when I get there... and I plan on looking nice.

I am married to the most wonderful man I have ever known. He is the love of my life. Today we're planning on going to buy a scale when he gets home so this scale ho can weigh herself!

Old 06-07-2004, 05:27 PM   #15  
GARDENING ADDICT

Yesterday was spent in bed with a major migraine. Thank God for drugs!!! I feel much better today though. I have been OP for one week, except maybe too much of the SF popsicles.

Ellis~How's your dad doing with the ? BIG HUGS to you both!!!

Are we supposed to weigh-in tomorrow for those of us who are in the June weight loss challenge?
Closed Thread