Old 06-03-2004, 11:42 PM   #1  

Red face I'm new here!

Hello! I just wanted to post here because I have exactly 100lbs to lose and really have no idea how I am going to do it. I want to keep motivated, but that usually lasts no more than three weeks. If anyone has any ideas on how to change your lifestyle, I would like to hear them! I know this is going to be a lifelong challenge for me, but I really want to do it!

Thanks,
chattycheryl
chattycheryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2004, 01:21 AM   #2  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

Welcome to the crew!

My advice is, start slowly. Baby steps. Remember, the tortoise won the race, not the hare.
SuchAPrettyFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2004, 09:38 AM   #3  
2006 - Panda Remix

Welcome to the 100lb club Cheryl!

I find that the support and encouragement here is great and there are people here who are truly inspiring. i think I used to believe that it would never be possible to lose 100lb - until I came here and saw some of the amazing achievements of people here!

I agree with starting slowly - I am exactly the same as you and cannot seem to maintain a diet for more than a few weeks. I'd say that whatever plan you choose to follow, spend some time working out some menu plans. I'm following weightwatchers and have devised weekly menu's which allow me to have chocolate twice a week and a pizza on a Friday night! On previous attempts I would always end up cheating because I was craving pizza - now I have worked it into my diet I really feel I can stick to this plan long term!

Good luck and stick around!

Love Amanda x
Amanda Panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2004, 10:37 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 247/177.5/130

Height: 5'3"

Welcome welcome welcome. It is very good to have you! My advice is to really make the commitment to yourself. Find healthy subsuitutes to the "bad" food, set realistic goals and change them slowly. Just as SAPF says. Baby steps. It's a big change but you can do it! I journal everything I eat.. Its amazing how much you don't realize what you are eating until you write it down!

Good luck. You will have tons of support here. This is a fantastic group!
tolose85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2004, 11:29 AM   #5  

Welcome, I really don't have anything to add since everyone else has said exactly what I would have. We have an abundance of support and motivation to go around. You are not alone on your journey.
Tammy32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2004, 01:50 PM   #6  

I agree with everyone as well. Make a commitment to yourself that you are going to do this all the way. And baby steps are the key. Start slowly and only do what you know you can handle and then start building on that. You've come to the right place for support. Good luck on your quest to lose 100 lbs. and remember to believe in yourself, you're worth it!

Beverly
boiaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2004, 07:19 PM   #7  

Welcome, welcome. As everyone says, babysteps are the way to go. The other thing I happen to think is really important is working on your self-esteem/self-confidence - you really have to care enough about yourself to make the time and effort to look after yourself properly......also, find an eating programme that really fits your lifestyle, and which you see as permanent - and keep changing it around, so you don't get bored!

keep reading, and keep posting!
artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2004, 09:20 AM   #8  

Smile You are all AWESOME!!!

Thank you all for your replies! I was shocked that anyone replied at all. I have a plan. I'm going to do Weight Watchers. A menu plan would definitely be good for me. I need some advice on how to follow WW and have a husband I have to feed too!!! That is difficult for me! As far as my self-esteem, it has always been so low!!! I will work on that little by little!!!
Now, if I can get over this bronchitis I've had for two weeks, that would be great! I went to water aerobics yesterday and could barely move because I can't breathe without coughing!!!

Again, thank you all so much for your advice and support. It is greatly appreciated!

Hugs,
Cheryl
chattycheryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2004, 10:27 AM   #9  
Live for the Moment!

Cheryl - WELCOME!

I've been on and off this board for about a year now and find it a huge help in my every day battle with weight loss. All you will find here my dear, is support and encouragement. All of these wonderful women (and a few men) are full of knowledge and motivation!

My advice to you is start small, make small life changes that will contribute to your success ( ex: drink diet soda instead of regular, etc.) I personally count calories & fat grams while watching my carb intake - I try and stay away from white flour's and greasy food. So, basically my calories come from healthy foods with always having a balanced meal for dinner. Drink as much water as you can.. And remember, everything is fine in moderation - if you're having a really bad craving, try finding a subsitute but if that doesn't work - still have it and it won't kill you. My weakness is potato chips but now I only treat myself maybe once a month and its a small bag rather than sitting down with a whole large bag to myself...

In the end, its all those little changes that make the biggest difference.. Post often and Good Luck! You CAN do this.. You've already made the first step by coming here.

Cheers,
Br00klyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2004, 10:28 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

Welcome. Look forward to hearing about your losses.
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2004, 10:37 AM   #11  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Welcome Cheryl,

You have come to a wonderful place. Everyone here is so wonderful and supportive! It is of much help to have this place to come to. You can do this. The others gave you good advise.

Again Welcome ~ Gayle
glynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2004, 02:06 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

Hi, Cheryl--

I am on Weight Watchers also, and it's easy to just cook like you normally cook, IMHO. If my DH wants to supplement meals with extra food, then he just buys it and eats it. Since I have a problem with peanut butter, I did ask him to move it to a top shelf where I can't reach (and since I'm 5'9" it's a pretty high shelf!). I also ask him not to leave chocolate lying around when he's gone. Other than that, he eats larger portions of whatever I cook. There are tons of WW recipies on this site and other sites on the internet.

If you have specific questions, I'd be happy to answer them. Please join in our monthly challenge, and our other challenges. They can be really motivating.
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2004, 03:32 PM   #13  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

How did I miss this the first time around??

WELCOME!!!!!!!
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote