Closed Thread

Old 06-03-2004, 01:26 PM   #1  

Talking Fatgirl8me and crew....come be a "loser" with us!!!

Hey everyone....someone expressed that they thought the old thread was getting too long, so here we are again...starting another one....I'm so proud to be part of a gang that is sticking with things so well....through the thick and thin.....pun intended...hehe. For those of you who don't know us....we're a good bunch of gals....with a sense of humor, and we report in on the good and the bad. We like to set frequent goals, and check in with eachother almost everyday....so if you're looking for a heck of a support system, we're your gals!!!

Okay gang, that was the pitch....for those of you who have been there from the start, how cool is it that we've stuck in here with eachother so well!!!! Let's keep it going and keep on losing!!!!

I'm geering up for the big camping weekend....trying to plan healthy meals and snacks around grilling and so on.....taking my bike along so I can hopefully get a good bike ride in.....maybe around the lake (10 mile, I think), I'll let you know how that goes....even if I ride into town to get a sugar free, fat free cone as a reward...it'll be good!!

I'm at that place in my weight loss.....where I'm still going strong, but when I go to get dressed, I try on 50 outfits, because I don't look as good as I FEEL yet.....like I should be able to "see" the results more.....oh well, I'm hanging in there, it's just the part of my that would like to take "the magic pill" and have Britney Spears' body.

A few favorite new snacks to report in.....I love the personal bags of Kettle corn 2pts a pc....mmmmm....and the honey bourban chicken sand at Quizno's, 7.5 pts, also really yummy! Been feastin on WW meals for dinners, and i have to say I haven't had a bad one as of yet, they're all really yummy....oh and i know what I'm liking these days....I've been eating celery with hot mustard....free, free, free!!!!! Although if I eat quite a bit, I count it at 1.
Proud to say, I haven't used a single flex pt. this week, so far. I'm saving them for a back up plan for the weekend!!!
Well better get going....if they come out with a camper that packs itself....please let me know!!!!
Michelle
Old 06-03-2004, 01:32 PM   #2  

Default Thursday

Hey Michelle,

I just posted on our previous thread and this one popped up. Hope we all continue on as we have. I am proud of us. We are a good group. But we will welcome more. Join us.

Have a great weekend camping. I know you will make your personal goals this weekend.

Talk at you later. Have to hit that treadmill.

Almost forgot, got the hashbrowns today at the store. Will probably have them soon.

Last edited by dav310; 06-03-2004 at 01:38 PM.
Old 06-03-2004, 01:52 PM   #3  

Hello ladies,

My name is jennie and I read all of your posts everyday.I think you are a bunch of wonderful woman sticking together and that is awesome!! I have been looking for a thread where I can have lots of support and report my progress. I hope you don't mind my joiming and will accept me here.I check in everyday day two three and sometims 10 times a day I really enjoy reading all of your stories.

I am 26 years young, married for 6 years and have no children. When I by accident discovered this excellent website I was thrilled!! When I first joined in April, I started weighingg 195 then went down to 190 then unfortunatly back up to 195 and I am happy to say that I weighed myself Sat last week and I was down to 186! I have this huge addiction to the scale and I checked my weight and the scale said 180!! Is that possible? I have this thing PCO and it is extremely difficult to lose weight but I am doing it and don't know how but I am

Mitchelle, I hope you have an excellent time on your camping trip.
Old 06-03-2004, 05:07 PM   #4  

Wink I'm a "loser" too!

Hi everyone, welcome to the newcomers!
I'm psyched! My at home weight went down to 154 this morning, an all time low!
My starting weight about 7 or 8 weeks ago was 163, so I'm getting there!
I really into chocolate and have found the Quaker chocolate rice cakes are working for me as my after lunch treat - they taste like chocolate, fill me up a bit and are only one point each.
I bought Hashbrowns as well, Dotti, yesterday. Michelle, I'm going to have to ask what you do with yours, again, as I couldn't find that brand you mentioned. But, these have 1 C listed as something like 110 calories on that back, so I think that might be ok????
Jennie, welcome. You are quite welcome to be part of this. The more the merrier!
I hope some of our other "lost" people return to us like Sassy and Julie, we miss you guys!
Old 06-03-2004, 05:12 PM   #5  

One more thing, I called the doctor and have a June 15th appointment for my daughter to review her weight and talk about possible solutions. We are pleased and she seems relaxed, though cried when we talked about it at first.
She's so sensitive on this issue and is really worrying. She likes this boy, I think, and feels he'll never even look at her unless she drops the weight.
Teenagers! Though I'd like to regain my youth, to some degree, not sure I'd ever want to go through those years again...... but if I knew then what I know now, I would be so different!
Linda in NH
Old 06-03-2004, 09:08 PM   #6  

Jennie (PR Goddess) where have you been. You were on our last thread a few times and I missed you. Stick around and jump right in. By the way, we all have an addiction to the scale.

Ladies you are all winners in my book. Just think where we all were at the start of the challenge. We could have all gone up rather than what we did. I say that is ok with me. Small slips will happen and so what. We get right back on. That is awesome. I guess we are learning something after all.

Linda I am so glad your daughter wants to do this. It is so difficult for teens or children to have to watch what they eat. I hope your daughter can get through those bad days by eating good choices as she did. Even if it means going over points. The choice is what's important. Is there a thread on this site that is just for teens. Maybe she can get on here and chat with people her own age and hang tight like we are. Of course I would hope you can look the site over before she gets involved. I'm with you on not wanting to go through those teen years again. There is something to be said for the golden years. Or is it silver!

Chach I'm so sorry your son is still not feeling well. Is he showing any improvement or he just doesn't feel right. I hate when children are sick. I feel so helpless. What a surprise for you that your hubby will be home sooner. You and your son must be excited. I guess we won't be hearing from you over the weekend.

Heather I agree with you about taking your step daughter for birth control. As much as we don't want our young ones being sexually active, we don't want them to be hurt by pregnancy or disease.

Michelle happy you had a good time at the wedding. You are right about being a once in while thing so you didn't do that bad. Have a good time camping.

Cris (Labmom) and Sassy where are you guys!

Last edited by dav310; 06-03-2004 at 09:16 PM.
Old 06-04-2004, 11:04 AM   #7  

Hiya ladies....welcome newbies, and howdy to the same ol gang!!!
The camper is almost completely packed, and we're about on our way , but had to check in with everyone and read the current posts!! Have my meals planned out for the weekend....without using flex pts, so I have a little flexability for things like unplanned yummies and alchohal (that's what gets me every time)....they need to come out with a 1pt alcohalic beverage...wink, wink!!
This'll probably be the last time y'all hear from me until late Sunday or Monday morning....have a great weekend!!!
Michelle
Old 06-04-2004, 11:53 AM   #8  
Muffin Evergreen Diva

A new thread, wonderful! I used to have problems loading it all at times.

Okay, since hubby will be home this weekend, I will probably be absent until Sunday's Challenge check in. I am going to count June 13th as the end date, for Dotti and Linda if you guys want to count that also, since we are the only ones left, I think. I need to be .5 down to accomplish my challenge goal. I am sure I can do it.

Michelle: Have a great time camping. That is our next big purchase. We probably won't be able to afford it for a couple of years, as we just bought new vehicles and a new house last year, but soon! I'm keeping my fingers crossed that you will stay OP with camping. My big downfall is s'mores when I camp!

Jennie: Welcome to the thread. I remember you from one of our other threads. Great job on your loss. We are all here for each other, so having another member is great. Another shoulder to cry on or spirit that lifts up is always welcome!

Dotti: Son is better. Now he just wants his daddy to be home. I'm keeping him busy tonight with my friend as we are going out to dinner. Soon he will be home and we can get back to some stage of "normalcy", whatever that is.

Linda: I'm glad you have an appointment with the doc for your daughter. I was always every boys "friend" when I was growing up. Didn't have a real "boyfriend" until college. I know it's because I was overweight and made up for it by being a friend. So glad I married someone who loves me through thick and thin!

I've been having the hashbrowns and eggs whites for breakfast. Here is how I do them: thaw 3/4 cup hashbrowns o'brien overnight. Put in skillet and let brown for about 3 minutes. Add in three egg whites and scramble for about 3 more minutes. I add a little salt and a little pepper. Make a lot of food! Thanks Michelle for suggesting it! I love it! Always good to have another low point breakfast! I love it!

Okay, I'm on a good exercise schedule: weights 3x a week, cardio 3x a week, 2 mile power walks Mon-Fri. Feeling good.

My goal is to get the 1.4 off I gained last week plus 2.2 more by June 9th WW weigh in.

Have a great weekend!

Chach
Old 06-04-2004, 02:51 PM   #9  

guys maybe someone can help me here. I have lost weight since I first began. I was counting points but now I am doing slim fats as well. I drink a slim fast in the morning and for dinner then for lunch I will have some salad or slim fast meal (pasta) and in between I have maybe a yogurt or slim fast bar. well now I want to continue having results so maybe you beautiful ladies can tell me what to do.
It has been raining here lately so I haven't been able to walk but I normally also walk m-f for 2 miles.

have a great weekend everyone.
P.S- i will be going to my first ww meeting on tuesday
Old 06-04-2004, 03:09 PM   #10  

Location: I live in California, attend school on the eastcoast.

Hello ladies. I am new to this community all together, and after reading the posts of this group, I would love to join you girls. I am a college student, who has had a weight loss problem her whole life. I've never been terribly overweight, but large enough to make me feel self-conscious about it. I don't know if I am exactly comfortable sharing my current weight with everyone, but my goal weight is 120. I need all the encouragement I can get.

My family recently (as in, about 2 months ago) moved out to California. And, I of course, had to move with them. However I still attend school on the eastcoast, but it has been hard for me moving out here and having NO friends. On top of it all, all I really want to do is go for a bike ride around here, because everyone does, and I found some really cool paths to go on too, but because we haven't found a house yet all of our stuff is in storage still. Basically though, I need some motivation because all my friends are back on the eastcoast, and I'm not about to start talking about this with my parents.

Email me anytime, I would love to here from you all. I am a really good listener, so if you ever need to vent or just chat, I'm always here. Thanks ladies and keep up the good work!
Old 06-04-2004, 07:58 PM   #11  

Default Friday evening update!

Dotti, I think there is a thread just for teens here, but I'm not sure I want her in something like that right away at least.
I was on another weight loss web site for a period of time and there were people of all ages and I found the teens that were there and posting were doing some pretty dangerous things in order to lose weight. I don't want Jamie to get wrong ideas, not that anyone on this site would be doing that!
I really want her to lose under our doctor's care and if she'll go, through WW.
Michelle, have a great time over the weekend.
Chach, I am so excited for you to have your DH home again! I hope you have a wonderful time this weekend and I am hoping he notices, big time!!!!!
I think the hash browns O'Brien had some onion and peppers in them? Is that so? I re-checked the package that I purchased and one cup of these is 70 calories, so I must have something I can work with.
I kind of figured I'd brown them in non stick spray and add peppers and onions, but now with the mention of egg whites, that sounds more like a frittata or something like that. Would love a tad more info.
I'm dying for a real egg vs. a white or an egg substitute lately. The egg substitute is a mere "shadow" of a real egg to me and the whites are just whites..... maybe I'll poach a single egg this weekend and have it over a lite English muffin?
Anyone else going to see the new Harry Potter movie? We have advance tickets for Sunday afternoon and I can't wait! Just loved the book, so the movie will be great. Will have to really eat well before I go to prevent me from having buttered popcorn!
PR Goddess, I'd stay away from Slim Fast, quite honestly. I keep a can or two in my house just in case I am really busy and on the run, but I think if you really want to lose some serous weight and keep it off, you've got to learn how to eat properly vs. a short term substitute. Let's face it, you'll get really tired of drinking your meals pretty soon and who knows how out of control you might be when you start eating again.
I'm glad you are going on Tuesday for your first WW meeting, you'll learn a great deal.
To desperately: You go girl! Keep trying and I think you should probably try (if you can afford it) to go to a WW meeting. Ask at the meeting if there is a person who wants to walk with you and be a pal to you. Young or old, this person will start you off with some support. Usually ww locations have a bulletin board for you to post if you are looking for a walking buddy. If I lived near you, I'd walk with you!
Sounds like things are a bit lonely for you right now. I'm sorry about that, but WE are here for you and consider us your partners and do share with us how you are doing.
Welcome!!!!!
As for me, I kind of blew it today as far as counting points. I think I used a few flex points, but nothing too horrible. Just was an incredibly busy day and I'm tired.
So glad it's Friday and we can relax!
I did the treadmill, drank water and didn't journal as best as I could, but still I am pleased with how this week has been going. I'm energetic and could face a really busy week.
Also, Chach, I can count June 13th as a challenge date, but quite honestly, I want to go with June 23rd for myself, which is my 20th wedding anniversary. I'd like to be down 10 pounds by then, but doubt I'll be there. I want to do this safely and try to not freak out if I am not where I was hoping. I think that is best for me!
Michelle, I'm with you! I wish there was a one point alcoholic beverage.... but YOU can make one for yourself. Try making a wine sprinter. Figure out how much wine is only one point and put it in a tall glass. Add seltzer and lemon and lime slices and you have a sprinter! They are good, tasty and low in points and you aren't denying yourself while everyone else partakes.
Linda in NH
Old 06-05-2004, 08:44 AM   #12  

Default Saturday

Good morning ladies,

Linda, I too was concerned about Jamie checking a teen diet chat that is why I suggested you look it over first. But seeing the doctor and weight watchers is best. I am really pulling for her. In my opinion she has a harder job than we as adults do.

Jennie I agree with Linda about the slim fast. Do use food and not a can of liquid. It is ok for a once in awhile substitute. You will get a lot of great info when you attend your first weight watcher meeting. I love to walk also. But with the heat of summer I can't walk outside so I use a treadmill. I have also used Walk Away the Pounds video tapes and they are great. You do get a good workout with them. There is a video equal to a 1 mile walk, a 2 mile walk and a 3 mile walk. So easy to use and it doesn't matter if it is raining or snowing. You can do them right in front of your tv.

Desperate, welcome. We are a group of ladies of all ages and backgrounds but have come together on this board to support each other in our weight lose journey. You need not share you weight with us. I know how uncomfortable that number can be. Don't focus on how much you have to lose either. Just keep a week or a day in mind and do your best for that day. Are you familiar at all with the weight watcher program. It is not really a diet because in my opinion nothing is forbidden. But of course going crazy with high fat and sugar foods will surely put on pounds instead of taking them off. Keep biking. That is great. Exercise is important. It is hard when your friends are not near, but I am sure once you and your family find a place to settle and you get used to the area you will start to meet people. In the meantime, we are here.

I think I will have the hashbrowns and eggs for dinner today. I don't care for the substitute either Linda. Give me the real thing. Don't know what I will make for hubby yet.

Well I am going to try to increase the treadmill but I can't do it all at one time. With my arthritis I am able to walk outside (when it is cool) for 2 miles without giving out but for some reason walking on the treadmill is more strenuous for me. I can only do 1 to 1 1/4 miles at a time So I have been doing 1 mile in the morning and 1 mile in the afternoon. But I want to get to a total of 3 miles, 1 mile 3 different times a day. We'll see how that goes.

Have a good one. Rainy Saturday here.
Old 06-05-2004, 10:26 AM   #13  

Exclamation

By the way, my spell check made wine spritzer into a wine sprinter, but maybe that is a better name for it as it's for those who want to "sprint" on to their weight loss goals? : ) Sometimes I type my posts, when I have more time, in my word program and cut and paste them here. I can then use spell check. I am such a bad speller!

I was so dissappointed this morning to get up and find candy wrapers all over the coffee table in the living room. Jamie pigged out last night. I'm just going to zip my lips shut and not say a word, I think, and continue to try offering her the best choices when I can control her, but try not to nag or speak up when I see that she's not doing well. This is so hard.

Poor kid. She's also come down with a cold as of yesterday. So, I think she's feeling pretty sorry for herself. She has a solo to sing at a school concert on Monday night too, which is making her nervous. She had to audition and was selected from all the kids in the chorus to do this. She's got an incredibly great singing voice, by the way and wants to sing professionally one day. But, to not be feeling well makes the supreme effort of losing weight even harder to do.
To top if off, we can't find a dress for her to wear, and she's gained too much weight to fit into her other things. All the girls singing (a huge chorus of 138 kids) are supposed to be wearing "spring colored dresses". They have no idea what this is doing to a 13 year old who can't feel good about her body and dresses in very long baggy shirts and pants to hide her weight. She's quite upset, no wonder she binged. I've spent hours this week shopping trying to find something that she likes, looks good on her and will fit. I have two dresses to return in the car and bought more yesterday. Whatever she likes, we keep, the rest goes back. If she likes none of what I bought yesterday or nothing fits, I start sewing like mad I guess? She's so embarrassed that she refuses to go shopping with me, which is making this really hard. All the dresses in the stores for teens are spaghetti strapped flimsy things designed for size 3 - 7, my 15/16 sized daughter is devastated!

As for me, I just finished my workout and treadmill routine. It was so tempting to not do it this morning, as I am sore and tired. But one of the things that kept me going was thinking about Jamie and how I absolutely NEED to set the example for her right now. If she sees how hard I am working and sees that I am getting results, she'll learn???
My scale (shouldn't be getting on it all the time anyway, but as you guys know I'm addicted) has not budged this week, overall, but I've been good. One morning this week the scale dipped down to 154, but now it's back up to 155. I started this challenge (6 weeks ago????) at 162, so still the weight is down. Since Tuesday, I've only used 3 flex points, not too bad for me! I've had all my water and have been true to myself.
One thing I was telling myself the other day was that if I cheat on this program, the only person I cheat is myself - that is so true!
I had one cup of hash browns this morning, sauteed in ww butter spray with one fried egg (fried in ww spray as well) with an apple for breakfast. Only a 5 point breakfast, and it was nice and filling. I actually couldn't finish my apple and put the slices away for later when I am more hungry!
So, it's Saturday and I am planning on doing some chores and parking myself in my sewing room later on to try and make curtains for my bedroom, a rare treat to spend several hours sewing. Unless, of course, that I have to sew a dress for Jamie, which I will actually enjoy anway if I have to do that. I think I will challenge you all to do something that you enjoy this weekend (Chach having her DH home and Michelle going camping have that covered, I guess!). But, for the rest of us, we should MAKE time to do something that we consider relaxing, a hobby of sorts that does NOT involved eating!
Take care and enjoy the weekend!
Linda H. in NH with worries about 13 year old Jamie

Last edited by derrydaughter; 06-05-2004 at 10:33 AM. Reason: type o's
Old 06-05-2004, 01:54 PM   #14  

Hi everyone!
I'm new today. I'm not sure where to start but I really like what I've found so far here on this thread. I hope I can be an encourager to you and vice versa. I'm not sure just how you get all those cute little goodies in your posts but I guess that's not as important as the real content so here goes...
My husband and I joined WW about 6 weeks ago and have lost each week. Of course because he's a guy...and his fast metabolism works better than mine he's lost more but heck, he has more to loose I turned 60 in 2003 and became a grandmother for the first time. I love it and I'm having a really good time with our little darling girl.
The last two years have been really challenging for us. Starting with a job loss, retraining etc. We have experience some really challenging times this last 4 weeks and somehow we have made it through without binging, and gaining back the weight we've lost and have actually continued loosing. That is a first for both of us. Way to Go WW! Since we both have A LOT of weight to lose this will be a major lifestyle change forever. I've noticed that food is still important and sometimes fixing meals that are point friendly has been a challenge. I don't have anything against the prepared dinners except they don't taste as good a fresh food prepared by me. But I'm learning that not every meal has to be an original, it's ok to repeat things that we like, Oatmeal is a breakfast fav, add some raisins and ground flax and it's good and healthy. The accountablity is a challenge, writing down points, and sometimes it's a struggle to eat enough of the "right" food. It is easier to not eat than to figure out the points. I know there have been days when I've under pointed. I think I've only used my flex points once or twice and then not all of them. I just pretend they are not there unless I get in a bind. I love WW fudge bars...thank goodness for them. YUM

HW: 249
PW: 233
MaryLou

Last edited by fatNana; 06-05-2004 at 02:24 PM.
Old 06-07-2004, 08:49 AM   #15  

Default Monday

Hello MaryLou. Jump right in and join us. You are very welcome here. Congratulations on the new grandbaby. How wonderful for you. Lucky you that your husband is doing weight watchers with you. That makes it so much easier. I find it hard at times due to the fact that I am preparing 2 different meals all the time. One for me and one for my husband. He should watch what he eats but won't.

Linda don't worry about the spelling. We all have that same problem. Usually mine is that my fingers fly over the keys faster than my mind thinks and it comes out backwards. My heart aches for Jamie when I read about the candy wrappers. You are right, you can't say anything that would just make it much worse. I hope she feels much better today and can sing beautifully tonight. Did you have to sew a dress after all.

Well, this weekend was not good. Didn't even get on the scale yesterday but did today and am up. I keep thinking maybe I should go back to the meetings to help get rid of these extra gained pounds but I just don't want too. My meetings were getting so boring just sitting there listening to the same stuff over and over. I really enjoyed them until I was at goal and then it seemed to be the same old same old. I would like to find a meeting the is designed just for lifetimers who have regained. Not one that has everyone lumped in it. That might be an interesting meeting. I don't think one of those is offered. Our mall here has meetings everyday, all day long and do offer different types, teens, pregnant moms, etc., but not one like I would like. Well no use fretting about the gain or the meeting, just get back on today and focus. Hope you all had a good weekend. See you all later.
Closed Thread