Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 06-02-2004, 08:49 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Wink Wednesday Chat - June 2nd

Good Morning Everybody

No boss today

But lots of work nonetheless. How's everyone's hump day Nothing much going on here, today I'll be looking for some where to buy some small weights, I am really interested in strength training, I feel Arnold Schwartz.... needs some competition I want to get pumped up so I can pump you all up here

I LOVE THE SUMMER !!!! (okay we are still officially in spring, but some one please explain the 85 degree weather )

I'm off to the Atkins site to check those chickies and then back to work.

See you all later.

Hugs
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2004, 10:35 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Good Morning Gang!

Leenie - you have already got me pumped up just by talking about strength training. Last night at 7 I grabbed my handweights and did 15 minutes of strength training! yea me! Also got up this morning and got in my aerobics!

I feel good, except I feel a cold coming on Sunday in church a little boy sat behind us that was sick as a dog. He coughed and hooped and snorted and sneezed at least 10 times and I could just feel the germs hitting my back and surrounding my air space! LOL man that sound weird but that's how I felt. and sure enough last night I went to bed with a sore throat and woke up with the same one. Whenever it's that TOM it seems like I am more apt to catch whatever comes around -anybody else have that problem?

I thought it was really nice that he and his mom wanted to be in church so bad, even tho he was sick as a dog, but I just wished I wouldn't have sat in front of him. The teenage girl sitting next to me even leaned over and said "you know we are all gonna be sick as dogs after this service LOL". I mean this kid was really sick with a bad cold. so I wasn't the only one being paranoid. I wonder if you can really catch a cold from somebody that quick? you know 2 1/2 days after you've been sneezed all over???

Hey? I started a new thread under Dieting with Health Problems called "Hypothyroidism and Adrenal Fatigue" if anybody wants to check it out. I would love to hear of any of you try the flashlight deal and tell me if you eyes stay perfectly contracted for the 2 minutes or tell me if the contract/pulse in and out. I know that makes no sense, but maybe it will if you read the thread I posted.

I'll check back later and see how our gang is doing.

Sheila - MAJOR CONGRATS on passing the insurance exam!

hugs,
cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2004, 12:03 PM   #3  

HI Leens and Cathy!!

I totally think that you are more prone to catching things around you if you are feeling under the weather....I know that around the time of my cycle I am more restless at night and tired during the day. It is a proven medical fact that people are more susceptible to illness around their cycle and if stressed. That kid sounded totally infectious and if like most other people wasn't using a tissue or washing his hands after coughing/sneezing. I really resent people who takes sick kids to enclosed areas when they are ill....especially when it is not necessary. There are some people that are more compromised than we are and springing back after a cold is not quite as easy.

Anyhow that is my 2 cents worth.....I have a sore throat too! All is well otherwise.

Take care!

Eliz
liz321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2004, 12:23 PM   #4  

Liz - I agree! I never brought my kids around other people when they were sick. I just didn't want to spread the germs. I'm just funny about those things I guess, but I think that's why everybody stays sick - bec nobody stays home when they are sick - they just spread the germs around the world. LOL

and I think you're right - we just seem to be more susceptible to things around TOM. I love getting a good nurse's opinion!

I sure hope your throat gets better! do you have what dd has?

I forgot to tell ya'll....when I came in the office this morning, I went straight to the kitchen to get my cup of coffee and there on the table sat a big ole box of Ding Dongs! do ya'll know how long it has been since I've had a Ding Dong? I bet I haven't had one in 10 years or more. do ya'll know how much I love Ding Dongs? do ya'll know how much I love chocolate? do ya'll know how much I love anything with sugar in it? I could have freaked! How am I gonna make it a whole day in this office with that box of Ding Dongs sitting on the table? I checked - they are 370 calories each! WOW! and loaded with sugar and fats, etc., so I'm not willing to give up a third of my calories to have one so I'm just griting my teeth and determined not to have one.

A few minutes ago the guys came in to eat lunch and I told them they need to get the Ding Dongs or take the box with them. and they were like "whyyyyyyyyyyy?" I explained that I needed them out of here so I won't eat them, but they were not sympathetic and said "well go ahead and eat one, it won't hurt you" LOL oh yes it willlllllllllllllll they said it's too hot to bring them in the shop or put them in their trucks, so I'm still just griting my teeth and determined not to eat one.

I will let ya'll know if I make it all day without eating one. See I don't have to deal with this stuff much at home. I don't have that kind of stuff around the house.

I can do it! (and see now I've made myself accountable to ya'll by telling ya'll all about it!)

hugs,
cathy

am I the only one rambling today? sorry!
Old 06-02-2004, 01:14 PM   #5  

Good morning everyone

I have been doing this zig zagging of the calories for the last week.....I decided to go with 2000 calories....actually 2002....thats what the formula worked out to....the calories are different for every day of the week....up & down....I wanted to see what would happen....if I would lose weight on this amount of calories.....well I lost 5 lbs. in the last week!!!!!!!!!!!!!....so I am going to keep doing this.....I have never lost this much in a week in the last many years.

I have to go for an upper lip wax soon.....so I have to go jump in the shower now.

Here is the site.....it has the calculator for the calories....for the week....what they are for every day www.naturalphysiques.com/tools.php?64&catid=9

See you later.

April

Last edited by april99; 06-02-2004 at 01:18 PM.
april99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2004, 02:12 PM   #6  

WOW april that is great! I am going to have to copy that site again.

Cathy I usually pick up all sorts of germs here at the gym. People always have something going on around here.

Leens I am like you the boss is gone but I am really busy. Not being here Monday gave me some extra things to do for today.

I don't have much time but I wanted to check in with you guys today.
Kempyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2004, 02:13 PM   #7  

ok April - you've got my attention!!! a 5 lb loss in one week is AWESOME!

I checked out the website you posted. I wanna see if I understand what you are doing? are you eating 2000 calories one day and around 1800 the next, and then back to the 2000, and so on?

I notice the way the calculator is set up it has you starting on the lower amount of calories on Sunday, and then zig zagging until you end up at the lower amount of calories again on Saturday. Are you doing it that way too, were you are eating the lower amount of your calories on Saturday and Sunday?

oh and did you use the "simple" or "complex" option on the calculator?

hey? would you have time to post your daily food journal on the weekly food log for a few days, so some of us could see exactly what you are doing? if you don't have time, that is perfectly fine.

hugs,
cathy

Last edited by cathyxxx; 06-02-2004 at 02:26 PM.
Old 06-02-2004, 02:15 PM   #8  

Hey Kemp! we were posting at the same time.

Is it hot over there? wow!

hugs,
cathy
Old 06-02-2004, 03:38 PM   #9  
Losin It For GOOD!

Hey everyone, how are you doing? I am really good and happy and feeling excited about myself. I had an insane morning. First I had an allergy shot appointment. Then I had an OB/GYN appt for my "Pre Conception Consultation", and I have been given the go ahead to get pregnant whenever I'm ready! That was cool news, I had a blood disease when I was a young teen and wasn't sure if that would cause problems. Then I went and joined Weight Watchers and got lots of their new tools like an electronic scale (!!! YAY!!!) and a new exercise dvd with light, moderate, and heavy exercise routines on it... and just got really pumped up at the meeting. Then I went off to Trader Joe's to buy lots of healthy snacks like dried fruit and these new Ketchup Fries things (Fries are a HUGE weakness of mine!) and other assorted healthy treats. So that was nice. I'm feeling in control, proud, and ready to FACE THE WORLD!! Oh I also found out I can continue on all my meds while pregnant, except my migraine pills, so that was good news too!! I was worried they would want me off the Prozac, and I turn into the psycho from **** without it - I didn't even have to ask!! she just said "all these are safe so go ahead!" I also LOVED her, and its important to like your ob/gyn. I have been searching for a decent one for about 2 years now. So all in all, I am happy as a clam. hope everyone is well!!
BA99TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2004, 04:17 PM   #10  

Smile Boss on Vacation

I just love these smilie things..Hello (group hug)

Lennie - I have no boss today. Yeppie! Wow, a whole week of not hearing my name being yelled out ("Stephanie, I need you"). If I had my way my boss would take more vacation..oh well.

Cathy, mentioned "Ding Dongs", now I want one. I haven't had any sweet junk, i.e., candy, baked goods. I cleaned out my kitchen, now there isn't any snack food available. Now, if I break down I will have to make a trip to the store, which am to lazy to do.

This is the web site that got me started: calorieking (due to spam I can't post the url till I've post more). I love this site. I bought the calorie counting software, so while am at work I just plug in my numbers.

Take care,
Stephanie
stepbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2004, 04:35 PM   #11  

Hey Steph - sorry I made you crave a ding dong. It's 3:30 and I've just about made the day and didn't even look at the ding dongs. But ya know what - nobody else ate one either, so that means I have to do this again tomorrow! *sigh* that's ok - I'm strong - I can do this!

I bet that calorie king website is great. I have his calorie counting book and I love it - colorful and pocket size.

Beth Anne - I'm so glad to hear how well you are doing! You sound so excited and reved up! YOU GO GIRL!!!! it is great to hear your excitement in your post!

hope everybody has a great nite!

hugs,
cathy
Old 06-02-2004, 07:00 PM   #12  

Default A very positive day

Hello ladies--

It sounds like you have all had a positive day. I have had a unsettled baby all day. Steven has been crying every 2 hours since 1230 last nite. He acts fine but gets grumpy then only sleeps for 45 min. His usual nap is about 2 hours. I gave him some tylonel before I put him down 30 min ago. If he doesn't have a good nite I may be forced to take him to the Dr. My peds hates it when I bring him in and say "fix him" but he puts up with me.
I am trying hard to make it a postive day here. I have cleaned the glass of my shower. It looks very nice. The laundry is almost done.

Thanks all you ladies for all the good tips. It is good to check out things that worked for other people.

Have a positive Weds evening. Steven has just started fussing again. Off to see what can be done to make him happy.
Arenee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2004, 07:22 PM   #13  

Hi again

Cathy & Kemp....I have been eating 1200 to 1300 calories...from ediets...it ends up being 1400 to 1500 calories a day...when I put the food into FitDay....wasn't losing hardly anything this year.
So when I saw this site....I thought....I am not losing at 1400 to 1500 calories....so I thought....I will give it 1 week....I put a weight in the on line calculator....that would give me about 2000 calories.
I wonder if I was eating too little before.

Cathy....I used the simple option on the calculator.....I will post some of my menus for you.

Here are the calories I used....it averaged 2002.

Sun....2002
Mon....2184
Tues....1820
Wed....2184
Thurs....1820
Fri....2184
Sat...1820

April
april99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2004, 09:07 PM   #14  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

WOW that seems like alot of food !! you go girl

Arenee, have you ever tried Motrin for Children? it last longer than Tylenol, ask your Dr. about it. I had better luck w/it with my dd. Especially if she was teething. Good luck tonight, give the little one a hug for me.

Stephanie never heard of calorieking, how are you liking it?

Beth Anne, aren't you a little ray of sun shine today, aaaaaaaaah keep it up congrats on the "on your mark, get set, GO!!!" lol and have fun doing it

Kem, glad you checked in to say hello we miss you.

Liz, hope your feeling better soon, pump that vitamin C in. Hugs !!

Cathy, WELL???? did you make it past the first round of ding dongs? I love them things too but you know, they DON'T taste as good as they used to years ago. They don't make em w/sugar anymore, its all corn syrup and gosh only know's what, not worth it in my opinion (helpin ya out here okay ). But truthfully, they really don't taste as good. Remember Yodells, well the last time i had one I was shocked at how they changed, cheaper ingredience i guess. Oh well.

Talk to you all tomorrow.

everyone to come.
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote