Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Closed Thread

Old 05-15-2001, 04:19 PM   #1  
WW Jazz Diva! LOL

Talking

Hi all,

I'm wondering if anyone has taken Xenadrine and what their experience with it was?

I have never taken any drug to help me lose weight, but I read about this and most of the things I've heard have been positive.

I'm actually on Weight Watchers now, and in 9 weeks, I've lost 21 lbs. I'm happy with the results, but I would be interested in knowing if Xenadrine could be taken in addition to what I'm already doing to give me a little extra boost?

Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers,
Taunia
Old 05-15-2001, 04:33 PM   #2  

Please see our post on Ephedra before you do this and check out the product as much as possible. Here is a link to get you started: http://content.health.msn.com/messag...message/658038
Old 05-22-2001, 11:57 AM   #3  

Hi- I am using Xenadrine along with my Weight Watchers plan, and have seen increased results with it. I would advise, though, that you look into it, and decide for yourself whether it is right for you. I had been losing, on average, 1.5-2 lbs a week, and for the past three weeks, since I began taking Xenadrine, I have lost roughly 3.5 lbs. per week. There is still a lot of controversey about pills such as Xenadrine, and it has not been approved by the FDA. These are things to seriously consider. Personally, I like the product, and have seen good results thus far, but naturally, it is something that you should really research for yourself. If you *do* decide to try it, make sure you take a multi-vitamin daily, and drink *plenty* of water. Good Luck in your weight loss efforts- and congrats on the success with WW! Isn't it a fabulous program? I'm half a pound away from my 10% goal (lost 25.5 so far), and in my 11th week, so I'm feeling really good- we seem to be making about the same progress ;-)
Old 05-23-2001, 01:20 PM   #4  
WW Jazz Diva! LOL

Default THANKS COLLEEN AND NETTIE

I really do appreciate your thoughts and postings.

I'm going to do some more research on it, but I'm happy to hear (Colleen) that you've had increased results.

I am doing well on my own and have really changed my habits and started excercizing much more, but if I can try something that would help speed things up a bit, I'm interested.

I promise to read and do lots of research first!!

Thanks for your advice and congrats to you all for your progress!

Cheers,
Taunia
Old 05-24-2001, 07:07 PM   #5  

Default Question for Colleen

Did you start off with just 2 pills a day? I'm about to start them and was just wondering.

Thanks!
Old 05-25-2001, 11:43 AM   #6  

I started with four a day. I have since reduced that to three a day. However, there have been several weeks where I've accidentally left the pills at the office, so I've gone without them on weekends, and still saw results. I would suggest taking only two or three a day. You'll still get results, and you won't feel so drained of energy on days when you're not taking them :-)
Old 05-25-2001, 12:21 PM   #7  

Default Thanks !

Thanks for the info. I'm also on WW and am trying to find something to supplement. I started today with just one pill in the a.m. and I'll do one this afternoon. I'll try that just to test my tolerance...then I may up it to 2 in the a.m. etc... So far I'm not really feeling any symptoms...just dry mouth. Hopefully this will help me as it's helped you!
Old 05-25-2001, 02:26 PM   #8  

Haha... I had *severe* drymouth my first couple of weeks (even though I was drinking a TON of water at the time!) That'll go away eventually, I swear! :-)
Old 05-25-2001, 02:42 PM   #9  
WW Jazz Diva! LOL

Default DAY ONE - XENADRINE

Hi All,

Well, I read all of the literature available, and despite the side effects that are listed, I decided to give myself one week and see how it affected me. I started today and I'm only taking one pill in the am and another in the pm right now.

So far, I have to say....I'm totally jiggy. I don't usually drink caffeine, so I think that's effecting me. I'm just a little jumpier than usual. So, I'll see how it goes until weigh-in on Wednesday to decide whether the jumpiness is worth it!

Cheers,
Taunia
Old 05-25-2001, 02:53 PM   #10  

jazzgirl:

That doesn't happen to me anymore. The only affect I have *now* is that I feel SO drained of energy some days (when I don't take it.) I've started taking it one week on , one week off, to hopefully ease that a bit!
Old 05-28-2001, 02:05 AM   #11  
WW Jazz Diva! LOL

Default CAN'T SLEEEEEEEP!!!

Ok.....here's the thing: I LOVE this Xenadrine! I have a TON of energy and I feel like my body is feeling results. The bad thing is, I can't sleep! Literally. It's 2:00 a.m. right now and I cannot for the life of me go to bed. It's nice having energy, but I think this is a little TOO wired!
Old 05-28-2001, 08:13 AM   #12  

Default How many are you taking?

Are you still only taking 2 per day? I take my second one (I just started taking them on Thursday) at around 1:00. I'm afraid if I do it much later I'll be restless at night too!
Old 05-28-2001, 02:15 PM   #13  
WW Jazz Diva! LOL

Default TWO PILLS

Yep, I take my first pill early morning and my second is usually no later than 2:00. I guess my body just needs some adjusting. I'm not jittery anymore, so that's good....but I really am restless. It's not too bad, though.....I feel wide awake when I get up in the morning, so I'm not *really* concerned with the falling asleep problem.

Wednesday night is the test, though.....to see if I lost anything additional. I've been doing anywhere from 1-2 lbs on my own on WW, so we'll see if this actually has any benefits for me!

How is everyone else progressing?
Old 05-29-2001, 08:58 AM   #14  

jazzgrl:

Let us know how you do on Wednesday! I'm still seeing good results. I lost another 2.8 lbs when I went to weigh-in on Thursday- earning me my 10% award- (yippee!) and that was with taking Xenadrine only three days last week (I ran out!). Unfortunately, I ate really bad over the holiday weekend, so I doubt I'll do very good this week! Oh well!
Old 05-29-2001, 11:04 AM   #15  

I decided to up my dosage to 2 in the a.m. and one in the afternoon. I don't think it's doing much for me yet...except the dry mouth...small amount of increased energy. I'm having no problem sleeping but I don't take it past 2:00. I don't weigh in until Saturday, so I guess we'll see. But I don't see any difference yet in my appetite. I seem to be eating the same as I was. Guess time will tell!
Closed Thread