Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 06-01-2004, 07:04 AM   #1  
A Mighty Thump

Height: 5 feet 4 inches!

Default JuNe WaLkErS

Good morning ladies

I thought that seeing as we did so well walking in May and walked a lot of miles, let's continue and start a thread for walking in June.

Our phone lines are back up, yay! We lost all power and lines early Monday morning due to bad storm weather. I didn't get any walking done over the weekend but it was weigh day today and I have reached my first goal of 193 lbs by 24th July!!!

I'm really happy to say the least and have now set a second goal of 185 lbs by 24th July.

I'm planning a walk today, so will update after I get done with it.

Let's get walking and see if we can beat our May miles .

Edit: 2 miles walked for me this morning, complete with 2 blistered feet after wearing my new walking shoes for the first time

Last edited by LynneA; 06-01-2004 at 08:28 AM.
LynneA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2004, 09:32 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

I'm hoping to walk 50 miles in June!

Lynne - Glad to see your phone lines are back up!! We Missed you!!! Sorry to hear about your blisters!

Michelle
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2004, 10:32 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 175 / 140 / 125

Height: 5'2"

I don't know who to compliment first!!! Lynne for reaching her first goal or Michelle for walking 73 miles in May!!!! You two should be so proud. I can tell that June is going to be a successful month for all of us. I too managed to surpass my goal miles and lose a few pounds this month thanks to the support I receive her from all of you. Thanks so much. My goals for this month are 50 miles walked (I'm not increasing from last month because I want to add some bike rides as well) I also want to do 2 miles in 22 min. That's shaving off 36 sec. It doesn't sound like much, but that means I'll have to get up to and sustain 6 mph for some time!!! So far I've only managed 6 mph for 3/4 of a 1/4 mile (whatever that figures out to be *not much*) I did have a terrific weekend, but no exercise and lots of naughty foods. It rained quite a bit here, but we did manage a couple good campfires. Yesterday we had a "no electricity day" which means we can not use anything electrical for entertainment. We had our campfire going by 9am and pretty much played and cooked outside all day. Pancakes, omelets, burgers, potatoes, pudgy pies, and lots of marshmallows. I am up 3 pounds, but it was fun to not count cals for almost a "whole week"!!! and I figure if I get right back OP today that 3 will go away real fast. I'm going to set a modest goal for weight loss and aim for 135 by JuNe 30th. Keep on walkin' ladies.

Kristen, It was nice to see you post. I am an original and would love to have you join us again. The ladies here are really determined and very supportive. The last time we chatted you were doing really well with walking and weight loss. Are you still moving forward? Take care.

Sunny, Hope you had a great weekend!!
lovnmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2004, 11:48 AM   #4  
Psalm 91:9-11

Location: I am from 29 Palms, California... but now live in Northeast, Ohio

S/C/G: SW-245.5/CW-209/GW-170

Height: 5'5"

Unhappy

Hello everyone,
Just a quick note --- I am very ill and have been for
the last two days... please keep me in your prayers.

I'll be back when I am well again and able to walk
Thanks so much!
SunnyD
SunnyD57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2004, 12:52 PM   #5  

Sunny!! I will pray for your quick recovery!! I'm soo sorry you arent feeling well!! I can't wait to have you back.

Kristi - Thanks for the congrats! Sounds like you had a wonderful weekend!!

I'm off to do a 4 or 6 mile walk not sure yet which

Michelle
Old 06-01-2004, 02:18 PM   #6  

I just finished my first 4 miles then my dvd started skipping hubby is fixing it for me and I'm off to do another 2 miles.

Michelle
Old 06-01-2004, 03:07 PM   #7  

Sheila - Great goal!!! Keep up the excellent work!!

Ok I just did my last 2 miles for today so that was 6 total today!!
Come on guys we can do it!!!

Michelle
Old 06-01-2004, 07:04 PM   #8  
Pending Email Confirmation

thank you for the welcoming back!!!

i can't believe i've been away since... probably november or something? it's been a while.

since then, i actually.... reached goal!!! lost a half pound... and then gained 2.. so... i'm a pound above goal... but... am still pretty excited.

i do have to admit that now i'm in the "what next" phase. ya know? like... i've accomplished meeting goal... i need to figure out my next thing to conquer.

also, since i'm so interested in weightloss and food and all this stuff, i enrolled in a summer class at tufts university. i'm taking nutrition 101. pretty much all the other members are tufts undergrads who need to take it as an elective. i've only had one class... but i can already tell that i am going to love it.

so... i decided to come back to the group, because i need that motivation, and i really enjoyed reading the posts daily. it always keeps exercise a priority, ya know? cause ya don't want to let yourself down... OR the other girls in the group.

i don't know what i'm going to set my goal at, though... i'll just set it at walking/exercising 4 times a week.

anyway... it's good to see some old faces again... and i can't wait to get to know the new faces.

i'll be around....

kristen
kcatanza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2004, 02:00 PM   #9  

Sunny, I'll keep you in my prayers asking that you will be feeling better soon and back to your happy self.

Michelle, Great job getting in 6 miles on the first day!!! I did nothing again yesterday, but am off to do 4 right now. Thanks for the inspiration!

Shiela, It's so great to see that you have set some goals, they sound like you're right on track to make all this work for you. Have a great time watching your niece play softball. That's so awesome. I have a niece who is now 28. She was born when I was only 12 so I kind of raised her and grew up with her both. I loved going to all her games. She played volleyball and softball both and aunt Kristi missed very few games. Now she has 2 daughters of her own (3 and 1) and I'm very close with them as well.

Kristen, Wow!! you made goal. Huge Congrats. I'm always sabotaging myself at like 10 pounds shy of goal. I think I'm afraid to actually obtain goal, because of the "what now" factor. It's great to have you back. WTG on taking nutrition 101. That's where I believe I'm headed soon. My youngest will start school 1/2 days this fall and I'm checking into what to do with my life then.

I took a total day off yesterday. I had gotten the book "Mystic River" and once I got started I couldn't put it down. I totally want to see the movie now. I di get my eating back on track yesterday. Yippee!! I got out and grocery shopped today so now I have no excuse. My cupboards and frig are stocked with fresh fruits, veggies, and whole grains. I'm so proud. I am enjoing a treat while I post. We delivered feed to an amish farm today and the were selling fresh cut asparagas. MMMMMMM it's so tasty. She's agreed to save 4 pounds for me when we deliver next week. I purchased 25 plants of my own, but haven't gotten them in the fround yet. I think it takes 2 seasons before you get any though. Well, I'm off to do my 4 miles. Have a great day.

Hi to you too Lynne!

Kristi

JuNe : MiLeS 4
Old 06-02-2004, 03:00 PM   #10  

3 miles for me so far today! I'm doing 2 more when I get home. I just started a part time job for a few hours in the evening to get me out of the house and some adult talk lol.

Sunny - i hope you are ok!! We miss you!!!

Kristi - You are doing great!! Keep it up!! You are the one who inspired me to walk more Thank you for that!!

Sheila- Great Goals!!

Kristin- Great to have you!! Congrats on reaching goal!

Michelle
Old 06-03-2004, 08:02 AM   #11  

Good morning Michelle, I got up early and got in a quik 2 miles and now I'm off to ride the LaCrosse Queen with my DD and her class. It's a paddle boat and we will be riding it down the Mississippi. It should be a lot of fun. Good luck at the new job, I hope you enjoy it. That "big people" talk can be really important.

Sunny, Prayin' for your healin'

Lynne and Kristen, Have a good day!!

Kristi

JuNe MiLeS : 6
Old 06-03-2004, 03:19 PM   #12  

Smile

Good Afternoon LYNNE, KRISTI, MICHELLE, SHEILA, JENNIFER & KRISTEN ~

I am back
Thank you all so much for your *Well wishes* & *prayers*!!!
I was really frightened that this time I was gonna have to go tot he hospital, guys. My IBS & Diverticulitis got really bad and I had been feeling great up till this past holiday weekend. I did a couple of things wrong and paid a very high price. First off, I was very involved in helping Joe with the gardening and we did allot of shopping in the garden ctrs. and allot of working in our gardens - like nonstop on Sat. Sun. & Mon. They are not huge gardens, but they are still allot of work - fun, but work - and so I became over exhausted & didn't stop to take care of my special needs (and drinking water!) Second (and the worse thing I could ever do) is I skipped meals on Sunday & on Monday --- I went 6-7 hours without eating (both days) and for me that is not good! I am suppose to eat every 3 no long then 4 hours (small meals). So... I goofed big time! And paid a very high price. I was beginning to feel ill on Sunday, but by Monday evening It all peaked. I looked like a hot air balloon I was so bloated --- and the pain --- is undescribable! I had fever for 2 days and really thought that I was heading for the hospital. I will be going for further testing soon, but I didn't want to go like that... I want to plan it with appointments, you know what I mean? And as of today... I am much, much better!! Thank you ALL so much for your thoughts and your prayers! My fever broke on Tuesday night, but I was still tender in my left side down to my lower ab. and on a liquid diet. Last night I ate normally again and everything is functioning normal again and I feel well. I feel myself coming back! And I truly feel that your prayers made all the difference! Well... ... second to my hubby's TLC !!!! He really takes good care of me when I get sick like that - God Bless him! Up till then we were really having a nice time! He was off from Thursday - Monday and we got everything done we planned to and then some.

This weekend is going to be beautiful ~ sunshine all weekend and we'll take the time to enjoy it. We have nothing planned and just want to take it day by day and enjoy. My only plans are to go tomorrow and get my hair cut... my SIL does it. Poor Maria, I had to change the appointment two times because I wasn't well. I did get all caught up with my laundry yesterday - I needed to do something - it helped to move around, so I thought I would do that. I haven't exercised since last week!!! I am anxious to get back into the swing of things again. I may try to walk a mile or two today. I didn't make my 50 miles last month,
but did get up to 48.25 miles for May.

Congrats to everyone in doing so well in wt. loss
and in walking.
This is a great group and I missed you!
I might be back later with some miles...
SunnyD <><

Old 06-03-2004, 03:19 PM   #13  

Sunny!!!!!! I'm soooo glad you are feeling better!!! I was really worried about you!! Actually I feel like crying cuz you are all right!!! Tears of joy!!!
We're here for you and sooo glad you are back!!

Michelle
Old 06-03-2004, 03:33 PM   #14  

Smile

MICHELLE ~
You are going to make me cry!
Thank you for the {{{warm hugs}}} in the
kindness of your words... you made my day

I am going to sign off and give the T-Mill a go now.
*God Bless*
Me <><
Old 06-03-2004, 05:23 PM   #15  

Thumbs up

Well Gals,
I did it --- I got two miles in while watching an old movie
I began to sweat right off and really