Old 05-24-2004, 07:49 AM   #1  

Talking Weekly Chat 5.23 to 5.29

Good morning, ladies! Hope everyone's week is off to a good start. I'm pretty pumped because this is my last week teaching--and DH & I are moving in about a month! So there's lots of excitement & change in our future, which is fun.
Anyone ever heard of "The Great High Mountain Tour?" It features Alison Krauss & her band Union Station, along with lots of other bluegrass/country type groups, and the music is mostly from the soundtracks to "O Brother Where Art Thou" and "Cold Mountain." Anyway, DH won 2 tickets to that concert, so we got to see it for free last night! It was really good--and 3 hours long! So we had a fun, but late, night.
Let's have a great week! (-;
Jen24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 09:43 AM   #2  

Jen, glad you enjoyed your concert! I had a pretty good weekend. I had plans to go camping with a couple of friends, but major storms moved in all weekend, we've pretty much been under a tornado watch for the past 3 days. More storms to come... woo hoo. Obviously we didn't go camping, but we had a sleep over instead. It was fun, but not the same. A couple of us did go hiking on Saturday which was fun. Thankfully it wasn't too muddy. Friday night we went to my house and made a fire in my grill so we could make s'mores. Still, not as good as the real thing. Well, here's to livin' in the heartland of good ol' tornadoes... Hope everyone else's weather was less eventful!
deeloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 11:15 AM   #3  
Big-time loser

S/C/G: 306.6/247.2/156-164

Height: 5'8"

Dee - I like your improvisation, too bad you were stormed out of camping.
Jen - Have a wonderful last week at work! You must be so excited about all of the upcoming changes in your life!
I'm excited, because I get to babysit for the baby I watched all year today (they put him in daycare last Monday). He got sick the first week, so they called me. He can puke all over me, I don't care, I just want to see him! If I get any reaction from him today (a wave, a smile, a hug...), my heart will absolutely melt.
jenicra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2004, 02:56 PM   #4  
2blessed2Bstressed

S/C/G: 201/201/165

Height: 5'11"

Hi All, I am back, I just got back from the best vacation ever...went to Cancun, Mexico. Was a great, beautiful time. I snorkeled & that was the coolest thing ever. I have a nice tan going...

The bad thing....gained six lbs in four days!!!! That is craziness!!! I did eat huge breakfasts, lunches and dinners and lots of drinking...and lots of laying around in the sun! If I had to go back, I would do it all the same again....Back to reality, and back to the track tonight!

happy hump day everyone, we are halfway done with the week. Yeah!
spillthebeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2004, 03:33 PM   #5  
Movin' and Losin'

I've been thinking about you, spillthebeans. It sounds like a fabulous trip! Isn't the water there beautiful? I loved snorkeling. Glad you had such a great time!
jdoggmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2004, 01:34 PM   #6  
2blessed2Bstressed

S/C/G: 201/201/165

Height: 5'11"

Thanks Jdogg! I think I will always vacation in Mexico now!

Did anyone get in on the American Idol mania last night? I watched it,and am very happy that Fantasia won! I was in tears with her when she sang last night!
spillthebeans is offline   Reply With Quote