Old 05-26-2004, 07:41 AM   #1  
SAHM of 3

Post Stay At Home Mom's #181

Welcome to a thread devoted to those who have the ultimate job of taking care of their family. Here you will find wonderful women raising a family and trying to find time to take care of themselves and their weight too. So if you are a SAHM jump right in and say hello and to all you who have been here before I look forward to a new day with you!!
watkinsguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2004, 09:25 AM   #2  
SAHM of 3

Wow, this forum is slow this morning. I hope everyone had a good night. What's everyone got planned today???
Well I still havent' told my mom about me. I've told everyone else, but I can't bring myself to tell her. I know her reaction and I don't want to hear it.
Could you tell someone, especially your mom, something that you know isn't great news for her and she'll dampen your spirit? I told my sister, I don't care if it slips out and I don't care if dh tells her, I just don't want to. I know she'll call me when she finds out and I hope she asks me why I didn't tell her because I will have no problem telling her why. I know it sounds rediculous that I can't tell her this, but I can't.
Well, I'm finishing b-fast and then gonna mow. TTYL
Old 05-26-2004, 09:40 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning Ladies!!

Well today is my official monthly weigh in with the doctor!! I'm excited for her to see my progress!! I wonder what she'll say!!?? Man oh man Teagan has been waking up early lately for some reason. I don't know why but I really have a hard time waking up if its before 7 lol she was up at 5:15 this morning but I just listened to her play in her crib for a bit over the monitor. Nothing big planned for today since I got most of my big jobs done yesterday and everything was clean when we went to bed so perhaps I'll go through my picture box and see what I can put together

Crystal - Good to hear that you slept better last night I spent a ton of time on the couch when I was preg. with Teagan don't worry you'll fit fine Then when I was put on strict bedrest we got a futon so I could lay down even more comfortably. I just kept my laptop right next to me and the phone and a garbage can lol. I had my own little bedrest center :P

Leigh - I know you can't hardly believe that Liam is 7 months already I can't believe Teagan is either!! Did you know you had Liam on my due date lol. I feel bad that we haven't gotten her pictures taken yet only the ones they do at the hospital and of course we have taken tons of them at home too but oh well Life is just too busy sometimes.

I forgot to tell everyone that Teagan is pulling herself up on the couch now!!! Into a standing position!! She'll be walking soon I just know it!! Taylor went with averages on her milestones she walked at a year took sippy cup at one year etc etc...Teagan, now she has been crawling up a storm for about 2 months and drinks a sippy cup during the day unless she's going for a nap, her hand eye coordination is just unbelievable for her age, the doc is impressed.

I better get off here and try and wake my butt up, I guess I'll start some coffee. Everyone else I didn't address, I hope you have a great morning!!! I'll post again in a bit maybe after I get a cup o joe.

Michelle
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2004, 10:08 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Good morning all!

Michelle, I'm so excited to hear what your doc says about your great weightloss!! Isn't she the one who said to do SB? And congrats to Teagan!! She'll be cruising the furniture before too long and then one day just take off accross the floor! Such precious times right now. I love babies. And that worked out great with the chat last night. I was too tired to chat too so after I got the kids in bed I crashed myself. i didn't see your post until this morning about you wanting to sleep too, so it worked out for both of us!
Crystal, yes I would dread telling my MIL too if it were me. She is very pessimistic and negative. But hang in there... she will find out and then you won't have to worry about that anymore. maybe you can send her a card and tell her... then you won't get her initial reaction and she won't feel left out since you told everyone else already. And what do I have planned for today? Not much. It looks like the rain is over so I guess I'll see if I can get the lawn mowed today. I have a load of laundry to do... a toilet to scrub...ummm... and just normal chores. I need to go pick up some milk sometime today. Oh yeah, tanning tonight and vacuuming out the van. So I guess I have more to do than I thought, lol.
Lisa, I really appreciated your thoughts on depression and for voicing them. How are you today?
Geri, wow! Tony was a big eater yesterday! My kids go through phases like that. One day they will pick and the next they down everything in sight, lol. I agree that Fantasia did well last night. Not on her first song... she murdered that first song. But did great with the other two. And Diana did great with the first two and the last one was shaky. Did you vote? I voted for Diana and got through the first time! So we will see what happens tonight.
Leigh, I saw part of that coke commercial... didn't realize the C2 was a lighter version of coke. I'll have to see how many pts that is when it is released. How are you today? How did your dinner turn out last night and what is for tonight?
Well... Jackie, Ginny, Misty and everyone else who didn't post yesterday, HELLO!! and I hope you are all doing great.

What is for dinner tonight? I'm making orange thyme crockpot chicken tonight.
OK, guess I need to get off here and make my bed, take a shower and get things done! lol. TTYL!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2004, 10:21 AM   #5  
2BoysMom

Just a quick hello this morning! Mom's already here working outside in my yard . I have a friend coming around lunchtime to visit so that will be nice.
Must be something in the air...Will woke up around 1:30...maybe from a dream...woke Tony...then Tony thought it was time to get up at 5am (YIKES) heard him again at 5:20, Dh's alarm started going off at 6:20...finally crawled out of bed around 7! Very late for us!

OK, hope everyone has a wonderful day and I'll check back later!!
Chubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2004, 11:08 AM   #6  
soontobethin

Good morning. I am done with my exercise for the day. Crystal, I am sorry that you are dreading telling your mom. Both my mom and MIL want us to have more babies. I told my own mother she will just have to wait for my brother and his wife to have one. DH is getting a vasectomy this summer. The kids eating alot must be in the air too. I think my oldest is going through a growth spurt. He is eating everything in sight. He eats dinner, and his hungry an hour later. I hate to think what its going to be like when the boys are teenagers.
Well, thanks spryng, for sending the rain down here. We have been getting hit and miss rain, and now tonight storms. Oh well. Yes, whoever asked, it was me who got the bike. I haven't been able to ride the past few evenings though, because of the rain. I can't wait to get back on it.Michelle, good luck on your weigh in. Geri, enjoy your visit with your friend. You make me jealous with your garden. I hope Diana wins tonight. I was hoping Fantasia was going to get voted off a couple of weeks ago. Any way, hi to all, and have a great day.
need2losemore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2004, 11:20 AM   #7  
SAHM of 3

well, girls sounds like everyone is doing okay. Spryng, you have a full day. Michelle, let us know what the doc says. Ricci, my dh is getting one for sure this time. We kept saying it last time, but I think he's serious this time. Geri, sorry about your night, hope the next one is better.
I guess it may be the pregnancy setting in. I mowed the back yard with Andrew in my lap and it's a rider and I'm pooped. I've still got another hour and half or so maybe when Andrew lays down, but then again, I'll miss my nap. Wow what a prediciment.
Anyway, I'll talk later.
Old 05-26-2004, 11:46 AM   #8  
Wife to 1 Mother of 4

Smile

Good afternoon all. This is my first day on this site. I'm a SAHM too. Married mother of four 13, 7, 4, and 5 weeks. I'm not really able to work out yet. . I have always been a BBW. But now I'm ready to be a FBW(fit beautyful woman). I have been reading some of the posts and when someone has a problem everyone is so supportive. I hope I can do the same for someone. I hope to be able to get to know some of you. And perhaps be apart of this team you got going here :

Rea
Reaferg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2004, 12:01 PM   #9  
soontobethin

Welcome Rea, sounds like you have your hands full. This is a great group of women who will support you in your weight loss journey, and everything else. Hope to see more posts from you.
need2losemore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2004, 01:31 PM   #10  
SAHM of 3

Welcome Rea. I'm Crystal, sahm of 3; Alisa 5, Ally almost 3 and Andrew 18 months. Just found out two days ago I'm expecting #4. I've been married for over 8 years and live in Texas.
It's so nice to have new faces around here. We hope you do stick around. This is the best place to be and best support around. Try to pop in at least twice a day to stay on top of the posts. We've been going through 1 thread a day, we start a new one every 3 pages.
Let us know some more about you. Are you following a plan or what plan are you thining about.
I count calories and exercise. I'm going to make this pregnancy the healthiest one yet.
Glad you've joined us.
Old 05-26-2004, 02:27 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Hello again!

Welcome Rea! I am Spryng (pronounced spring) mother of 3. Ava 4, Bubba (aka Joseph) 3, and Tanner 11 months old. Congrats on your new baby!! So what is life like with 4 kids? What plan are you thinking of doing or are doing presently? I am on weight watchers, I hit my goal weight last month for the 1st time ever. Are you breastfeeding? I hope you find yourself at home here and I look forward to getting to know you better!
Crystal, I would save that lawn mowing for your DH to do. Sounds like you have a big yard, you need to rest not wear yourself out. I have dh's cousins boys mow my lawn so I don't have to deal with it.
Ricci, glad you got your exercise in and so sorry about the rain! I really didn't send it that way, lol. I wish it would go away all together. We are suppose to get more storms this evening too. I just hope it waits until after the yard gets mowed.
Geri have a great time working in the yard! How is your mom doing lately?

Well my electricity went out for awhile this morning. A power line right in front of my house popped and came down causing everyone to lose their power. But thankfully it was up and running within an hour. Oh and good news! My workout dvd finally came today!!! I will do it tonight after the kids go down. So michelle I may miss chat again. I'm so glad it is here.
I feel really run down today for some reason. I think I need a caffeine fix. Maybe later when I pick up the boys I'll get me some diet coke or something. Even my tea here is caffeine free, lol.
OK, guess I'll get off here and grab a nap! TTYL!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2004, 03:56 PM   #12  
Walking away the weight

Default Busy, busy, busy!

Boy have I had a busy day! After our walk this morning, I came home and researched and then ordered a bunch of things for my "phase 1" of home reorganization: scrapbook area. I ordered some stuff from ebay, and some stuff from Container Store. I'm going to take before and after pics for ya'll to see later on! Also, I want to take a "before" pic of me at this weight so then I can take a picture every ten or fifteen pounds

Hope JW and Gabriel are better soon!

Michelle - When is Teagan's Birthday?? Liam's due date was the 18th og October. Liam tries really hard to pull himself to standing too - maybe Teagan will beat him to it

Lisa - glad DH is being supportive. My DH keeps himself in good shape, so he won't sabatoge me - actually, I guess he's more of a roll model

Spryng - I really like the menu mailer a lot. We're having Mexican Beef Stir Fry tonight - yum! I'm also curious to try the C2 Coke because I love Coke, but don't keep it in the house because it's so many calories.

Geri - I'm feeling mixed about this season of AI - for me it hasn't been as compelling as some of the other seasons. I'll actually be okay with whoever wins - they're both really good, but I think it will be Fantasia.

Crystal - about the tooth fairy! She sometimes takes two nights I have to keep that in mind for later. As for your mother, maybe you can have DH tell her.

Hi, Ricci! Hope you've had a good day.

Hi, Rea! Welcome - this is a great and supportive group of women. 5 weeks old?? Congrats! I look forward to getting to know you better Are you on a specific plan? I'm doing Weight Watchers.

Well, gals, Liam is falling asleep just in time for my 4pm 2-point snack. Not sure what I want yet, but 4pm is always my hungriest time of day, so I like to save a couple of points for that each day
Loveliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2004, 04:33 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Oh my lots of catching up to do!!!! Lets see if I can do it!!

Geri - I hope tonight is better than last!! Hope you have a great day with your lunch visit!!

Ricci - Sorry to hear you are having crappy weather!! Hope it rights itself soon for ya!! Lol unlike you I'm hoping that Fantasia wins, there is just something about her that I like I dunno exactly what it is but I like it lol. I think I'm the lone Fantasia fan here

Rea - Welcome!!! I'm Michelle sahm to 2 year old Taylor and 7 month old Teagan both girls!! I am on South Beach diet, and exercise with Walk away the pounds. How bout you? You are right about this group of women, each and everyone of them is so very supportive!! I couldn't do it without them. Congratulations on the new baby!!! Welcome to the group!!

Spryng - Ohh you'll have to let me know how you like your new dvd!!! I may want to try it once I get more of this heavy fat off of me lol. Hey if you miss chat for excercise now that is the best excuse of all!!! Get that booty shakin girl!!

Leigh - Teagan was born on October 13th at 11:42 pm. Shes been pulling herself to standing for the last 2 days I'm just waiting for her to start moving between pieces of furniture. We don't have a coffee table so I'm not worried about her hitting her head on that but I am concerned she'll fall on the hearth of the fireplace which has adobe tile. Has Liam started taking a sippy cup yet? Teagan doesn't mind them at all!

Ok now my doctors appointment went AWESOME!!! I have lost 16 lbs since they had seen me on April 30th but I've lost 20 lbs without clothes lol. I even weighed on my scale right before I left so I could see how much difference there was between the scales and I was 230 w/clothes and shoes here and 230.5 w/clothes and shoes at the doctors!! They were quite impressed with my dedication and progress and happy with the exercise I;ve been doing too! I also talked to her about my calorie intake which as you all know is rather low but she said not to worry about it that as long as I get 1000-1200 calories a day I should be fine Now I can't wait to see my results next month!!

Well I want to go soak in the tub cuz TOM has me feeling kinda crampy/crappy I'll talk to you all later. Oh by the way today is my "splurge day" lol I'm gonna have a small splurge day each month after my docs appt. I've only had 2 oatmeal cookies as my splurge

TTYL

Michelle
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2004, 04:58 PM   #14  
Walking away the weight

Hooray, Michelle! That's awesome, and I'm glad they were proud of you, too. Have a nice bath - that always make the world seem good again for me Liam loves sippy cups!
Loveliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2004, 06:38 PM   #15  
SAHM of 3

Michelle, that is great. You should be so proud of yourself. I'm so glad you are a part of us so we can share this moment with you. WTG!!!

Well, girls did your pregnancies differ much by the way you felt? I mean I don't feel pregnant. I don't feel any different than I have. It may be because every time I've been pregnant I just start eating anything I want and as much as I want. And I quit doing ANYthing physical. I thought it may be because I'm trying to continue on the way I have been and maybe that's why I don't feel different.

I haven't counted calories today, but I think I've done pretty good. For some reason after lunch by a couple of hours I've been getting so hungry. I mean like really hungry where I feel like I'm gonna be sick if I don't eat something. That's the only way that I feel different.
Anyway, I was just chatting while I was having dinner. Right now it's a salad. I may eat a piece of oven fried honey chicken. It's soooooo good. I won't eat the pasta stuff I made, don't care for it.
TTYL