Old 05-24-2004, 01:03 PM   #1  
burned out bus driver

Default Stay at home Mom's #179

Welcome to a thread devoted to those who have the ultimate job of taking care of their family. Here you will find wonderful women raising a family and trying to find time to take care of themselves and their weight too. So if you are a SAHM jump right in and say hello and to all you who have been here before I look forward to a new day with you!!
ECmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 01:11 PM   #2  
burned out bus driver

Well, I got daring and started a new thread.....the computer has been awful all weekend and I was unable to get thru at all. I would get into the site....and was able to sometimes open the thread and a PM and then got shut out. Oh well. Sometime I will have the time to straighten out this mess, but that isn't going to happen today.

Testing my feeble memory from the last thread.....and I only skimmed.

Lisa- you sound like you are having a non scale victory...which in Weight watchers terms is just as important as a scale victory. SOmetimes you just have to ignore the iron monster.....and go by how you feel or measurements or how clothes fit. Or even just knowing that you were OP for a time- and the scale does catch up sooner or later.
Hang in there!

Michele- was it you who had the flu???? Hope you are feeling better.

Penny, Geri, Crystal, Spryng, Leigh, Ricci, Jackie......aw I must be missing someone...HI!
No time to get really personal now. The weekend was ok.....got my workouts in. Crummy weather (hot and humid). BTW we went out to eat as a family (no not for anniversary.......I do not want to go there at all- he remembered,well sort of.....)
at Applebees- and they have quite a few menu items complete with WW points!!! Even 2 desserts! I know not everyone is on WW- but they provided the nutritional analysis- so you could use for any diet.......the salads of course would be low carb too for SB'ers. It was SO nice......the salad was ok but just nice to know that I did not have to go crazy looking up points or guessing.
Gotta go.
Have a great day!
Ginny
Old 05-24-2004, 01:13 PM   #3  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Hi Ladies,
I just wanted to let you all know that I have decided not to continue posting on the boards.
I am still doing well with my weight loss but I am spending too much time on the boards and not enough time with my family.
I am turning the SAHM's webpage over to Geri and Spryng.
I may be back in the future but for now, I wish you all the luck with your weight loss efforts! Congrats to you all!

Hugs,
Penny
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 01:19 PM   #4  
burned out bus driver

Penny- we will miss you........but I hear ya, this can take a ton of time!!!!! Please check in with us periodically to say hello and share your weight loss victories!!!
Ginny
Old 05-24-2004, 01:19 PM   #5  
burned out bus driver

Penny- we will miss you........but I hear ya, this can take a ton of time!!!!! Please check in with us periodically to say hello and share your weight loss victories!!!
Ginny
Old 05-24-2004, 01:33 PM   #6  
SAHM of 3

Penny, I am so sorry to hear that you are leaving us. I don't know how the boards can really take time away from your family but I'm sorry about that. Please check back in the future. I always enjoyed reading your posts.
watkinsguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 02:31 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Good afternoon all!
Ginny thanks for starting the new thread!

Penny!!! Must you go?? Could you just cut back how much you post with us instead of leaving completely??? Maybe just once a day or something? I will miss you and our late night chatting too. PM me if you need to talk. I hope everything is ok.
Ginny, I ate at applebees the other day and loved it! I got tthat chicken quesadilla thing (not the skilet one) for 10 pts plus the cheesecake for dessert, which was wonderful!! I'm sure I'll eat there more often now. Sorry to hear that computer is still giving you problems. Does your ds download music?? I know MP3's can take up alot of memory.

Well this is a typical monday for me. The day DH leaves is my decompress from the weekend day. So I haven't done much of anything so far and I'm really tired so I think I will grab a nap.
What is everyone having for dinner tonight? I'm making Chicken Pasta with Artichokes (I've never had artichokes so it should be interesting,lol) and a salad.
Well, I guess I will chat with you all later. Have a great day!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 02:44 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Penny - I really hate to see you leave Now I have no diet buddy I hope everything is ok if you need to talk give me a call!!

Spryng - Your dinner sounds great!!!!! I'm on my way over!!

Ok I'm soo sad that penny is leaving I'm almost in tears!! I'm gonna go have some lunch. I'll see you all later.

Michelle
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 03:38 PM   #9  
Walking away the weight

Default Afternoon

Hi gals. I'm feeling kind of frustrated today, though I'm not sure why. TOM arrived, so I should feel better, not equally frustrated Strange thing is, I got a lot done today, but still feel overwhelmed. Maybe it's taking on my reorganization project . . . anyway, I'm still OP though

Michelle -I'm so happy that your feeling much better. I'll keep you posted on the home improvements

Crystal - I'm sorry your MIL is frustrating you. I can understand being upset after she said she'd watch them. Maybe you should let her watch them on the 12th anyway

Hi, Ginny!

Penny - oh no! I'll miss you a lot, but I hope you can come back every once in a while just to give us an update on your progress. I'll be thinking of you

Spryng - I having the chicken pasta later this week. Artichokes are yummy. I had to use her sample menu/grocery list because there was a delay before I got the weekly list, but I had to go grocery shopping- does that make sense? Tonight I'm having the Asian Chicken with plum sauce.

Michelle - I know, I'm sad too. On top of that, I found out today that our good friends are definitely moving. I cried a bit when I heard the news. Maybe today is just not a day to be on top of things
Loveliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 03:45 PM   #10  
SAHM of 3

okay girls, I just found out some sad and disturbing news, although in the long run will be good news. I've been in tears today after finding out,............................I'm Pregnant.
This saddens me, I really, really, really didn't want anymore. But I knew God was in control and obviously he thinks I need more. We live in a 2 br house and are more financially bound than ever. I am a christian and I know God knows what he's doing, but I HATE being pregnant. I had my new clothes and everything. This means I'll be pregnant when we go out of town. I am going to stay a part of this thread if you all don't mind. I always take advantage of being pregnant, but I want this one to be the healthiest one ever. I could still use to lose some weight. I'm gonna keep exercising and I'm not gonna count calories but I will try to make the best decisions I can.

I know this is good, but I have to go through my sad times at first and then the happy times will hit me. Hope everyone is doing okay.
TTYL
watkinsguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 03:51 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Crystal - WOW!!! Pregnant?!!??!! I know its a hard thing to deal with when you aren't really wanting more but you have the love to share!! This will be one healthy pregnancy we'll make sure of that! I hope you are feeling better and now coping with the news We're here for you!

Michelle
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 04:25 PM   #12  
Ready for ACTION!!!

Wow, take the weekend off and EVERYTHING changes!

Crystal, I have been pg and overweight long enough to know that you only need to add and additional 300-500 calories to support your pregnancy, so you can still count calories and you probably should. Also, your doc will want you to watch your weight so that you won't have any of the related health risks while PG. So nothing really has to change, just another healthy choice or two each day and you are fine. Remember, children are God's blessing to us and everything will work out as it should. This really is a good thing, just let it sink in and start enjoying it!

Penny, I am sad to see you go. Just do the posting the Flylady way...15 minutes or so with your timer. I hope you will not stay gone for too long!!

As for me, I am feeling rough these days, but I know I am not pregnant. Just always tired and run down. Been having alot of headaches, too. So that is why I didn't post this weekend. I remembered what Crystal said about exercise giving her all that energy, so I got me a weight lifting exercise video to try. I'll let you all know how I like it. Still no air, so not really into exercise these days. But the repair man should be here today or tomorrow. Tomorrow is my haircut day, I am just letting her go with the flow and do what she thinks will work for me. So it may be a new style all together.

Back later, need to go sit in front of the fan!

Hope everyone is having a great week!!

Love to all!!
BIGtimeLOSER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 04:29 PM   #13  
Walking away the weight

Crystal!!!! OMG!! I know you don't like being pregnant, and the timing is a bit off for you, but I wish you a better pregnancy than you've had before I'm sending hugs your way - deal with the news the way you know best. Please keep posting here and we'll help you have the healthiest pregnancy you can. My positve thoughts and prayers to you and yours.
Old 05-24-2004, 04:32 PM   #14  
Walking away the weight

Hi, Cindi! Sorry your not feeling your best -- do you have seasonal allergies? Sometimes that gets me feeling run down and tired - well, that orTOM Be gentle with yourself until your better.
Old 05-24-2004, 04:52 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 185/185/145

Crystal, I just saw your post, and I want to tell you that I admire your attitude about your pregnancy. I'm sure your frustration wlil come and go, but that little baby will be so beautiful. I hope you'll definately stay a part of the group. We're all mom's, and I'll bet we've all had those little chats with the Doctor's about our weight, so I'll bet you'll find alot of support here. You have my sincerest wishes for a happy, healthy, wonderful pregnancy.

Penny, I have enjoyed your posts so much, I'm sorry to see you leave. I am glad to see that your family comes first, however, and will enjoy seeing you back when you feel that you can better control your time here.

Cindi, any chance your lethargy, adn headaches are due to your body not getting enough calories? How long have you been feeling this way?

Lisa
favepairobluejeans is offline   Reply With Quote