View Poll Results: Would You See "Super Size Me" ?
Yes, I'd Like To. 40 80.00%
No, that sounds ridiculous. 5 10.00%
Don't Know/Undecided 5 10.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-23-2004, 10:00 PM   #1  
missaprylj

Arrow Will You See "Super Size Me" ?

Morgan Spurlock ate only McDonalds for 30 days and documented the affects it had on him. Will you see the movie?
Old 05-23-2004, 10:15 PM   #2  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

At my current size, I really don't think I'd go see it in a theater - but I will DEFINATELY rent it!!
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2004, 11:50 PM   #3  
Born Loser

S/C/G: 490/See Tracker/245

I will watch it when it comes on the independent film channle but I will not pay to see it because I do not agree with the man. I heard him on a radio show and he believes Mcdonalds and fast food should have to make the public more aware of there bad food blah blah blah. I just don't think it is Mcdonalds fualt that americans are so overweight. It's time people take responsibility for there own problems. No body forced me to eat those big macs all those times. That was my choice. It seems everyone is so ready to blame someone else for there problems. Do they need to list the calories and fat content? Yes I think they should do that. But not to serve there Super Size meals anymore because of group presure. That's not right. And no place should have to put down there own menu and tell the world that cheeseburgers are bad for you just because the food is fating or high in calories. I think we all know this and we buy it because we like it.
howie6267 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 12:46 PM   #4  
Old Cackler

absolutely not. i have no interest in this. my concern is that the general public will now turn and look at overweight people and actually believe that we got this way on a steady diet of fast food!!!

i WILL NOT fork over a single penny to support this assault.
jiffypop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 02:46 PM   #5  
Born Loser

Well I guess we did not gain all our weight from eating healthy. I know there are the few exceptions. However I think the general public aready believes this and for the most part I would have to argree. Maybe not fast food but junk food in general
Old 05-24-2004, 04:17 PM   #6  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

I actually think it will be interesting to see, but it's going to be tough to find it in a movie theater around here. I'll probably have to go to the artsy-fartsy theatre on the bohemian side of town.

I heard there is a woman who did the exact same thing, but she stuck to the healthy choices and she exercised and she lost weight in the end. I think she may be writing a book about it.

I agree with Howie - Anyone who thinks you won't get fat eating cheeseburgers and 1/2 gallons of sugar-laden soda is just an idiot.
Jennelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2004, 01:18 PM   #7  

Jenelle-I heard about her as well

I recently saw the movie-and what I found the most alarming was the school lunches. It was amazing to me that parents had no idea what their kids were eating (and were giving them money daily to buy lunch).
love2live is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2004, 06:15 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 238/238/185

Height: 5'9

My thing with fast food is they use to make it so easy to super size. 39 cent. Salads and healthier food are higher. I know they don't force people to eat it but they could offer healthier foods. They are doing better, I do see the calorie listed for everything. Fast food is changing because we the consumer and making them change.
channning102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2004, 08:45 PM   #9  

I might see the film because it looks interesting; also, it looks like it might turn me off McDonald's forever, which would definately not be a bad thing. However, I don't support it if it's simply blaming McDonald's and other fast food chains for the obeisity epidemic. It isn't the FOOD's fault that I'm fat, after all, and I don't like the way society is turning fast food into a scapegoat for America's unhealthy eating habits.
nicoleiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2004, 11:42 AM   #10  
Born Loser

Amen nicoleiris. We need to put the blame where it belongs, on ourselves.
Old 06-01-2004, 04:09 PM   #11  

I totally agree with you all-I definitely we need to be looking to oursleves for the answer and the solution in being in charge of our own personal responsibility.
Old 06-01-2004, 04:23 PM   #12  
Wife to 1 Mother of 4

I wouldn't mind going to see it myself.
Reaferg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2004, 05:43 PM   #13  
Zoë's Mommy

S/C/G: 300.2/295.8/150

Height: 5'8"

True nobody is being forced I agree with that.

But I do believe that the nations weight problems are from fast food places. Look at all the McDonalds signs they claim over a billion people served. So how can we say that it hasn't contributed to the nations obesity as a whole. Remember that I do agree nobody was forced to eat it.

On the average Americans eat out more often than they ever have in history and the fast food drive thrus are probably highest.

I might see it when it comes on video. Haven't been to a movie alone in 10 months. We have seen a few at the drive in with the baby but not alone yet.
Zoesmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2004, 05:49 PM   #14  
Zoë's Mommy

S/C/G: 300.2/295.8/150

Height: 5'8"

And I agree with channning it is too easy to super size. I think all restraunts fast food and sit down alike are serving us for meals that could feed 2 and sometimes 3 people. But for the sack of saving a few pennys or trying to get a better deal we scarf down way more food than we need because who wants to waste it.
Zoesmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2004, 06:23 PM   #15  

Zoes mama-what a gorgeous baby!!!

I understand what you're saying-obesity is definitely a nationwide issue-but as parents I feel like we're setting examples for the younger generations and they learn from our habits. So if we exercise and splurge in moderation-hopefully they'll also be on that track. It's not always as easy as it seems-but I think our role can influence them.