Closed Thread

Old 05-16-2004, 04:38 PM   #1  

Default Feisty & Sexy 50 & 60 year olds#17

I all thought I'd take a minute and start a new thread.

We are leaving in the morning for our trip to Florida. And Have been in contact with some one else who wants to sell bad. We are going to look at her place also. She has some one showing it to us as she lives in England.

We are getting together with DS and family for tacos tonight. So only have a few minute to say good bye and i'll see all of you when I get back. Take care and stay on program like I am planning to do.

Karen
Old 05-16-2004, 06:12 PM   #2  
Net browser

Hi Everybody

Karen have a great trip and I hope you find exactly what you want. Give Ann a hug from me.

DH and I had a wonderful weekend with the grandkids.
They loved their Friday Alien night sleep over at our place and stayed up until 11:00. We were able to check into our hotel suite at 1:00 on Saturday instead of waiting until 3:00 which turned out to be just great as the children literally had the whole pool area and slide to themselves for almost 2 hours. They had a wonderful time on Saturday. Later we went to Montana's (their choice) for dinner. I had a small salad and a half a hamburger (DH finished the other half), and I also ate a few of my french fries but not all of them.
When we returned to the hotel the children spent the evening in the pool and at 10:00 they were so tired that I rinsed them off quickly in the shower and they fell asleep in iminutes. This morning they woke up at 8:00. DH got into the shower first and then when the pool opened at 9:00 he took the kids down for their final pool time. I showered, and packed up all the stuff and when they all all came back to the room we showered the kids, they dressed and we checked out of the suite around 11:30. They wanted to go to Perkins for brunch. I ordered a waffle and ate just over half of it. It had a topping in the center of it made from apples/raisins and brown sugar...topped with a yogurt (I think). It made the center of the waffle soggy so it was easy not to eat the whole thing. I'm really hungry now tho, and not sure what we will have for dinner tonight. By the time we got home, our Son and DIL were back from NYC and picked the children up. They saw two Broadway shows, and one off-Broadway, and enjoyed them all. They said they had a wonderful time and so did we with the children.
DH ("the Papa") is sound asleep on the sofa. hee hee
I better go and see what I can find for dinner tonight. Talk to you all later.

Last edited by slavika; 05-19-2004 at 07:16 PM.
Old 05-18-2004, 08:26 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 195/136/128

Thumbs down Lost a post!

Hi everyone! Drat! Just lost a post.

Slavika you made great choices while you were away with your grandchildren. I have to have a few fries, too, when we go out.

Karen is probably meeting Ann. Isn't that great? Maybe some day we can all get together and have a great gab-fest!

On Thursday my sister (the chatty one) is coming from Clearwater, FL, for a couple of weeks. Just in case I'm here less frequently, you know we're visiting.

I was down -.8 at WW. I love the fact that I've started over, and yesterday I started week 3. I'm going to Lifetime Fitness today and plan to get in a walk even while my sister is here. I know exercise is really important and I'm glad I do it (after the fact). My biggest struggle is getting to it and making it a priority.

Maria I'll be your "partner" when you get back to join WW again. There's strength in numbers!

I'll see ya'll later.

(Slavika and Trudy: GO TWINS!!!)

Marnie
Old 05-18-2004, 03:01 PM   #4  
Fun Blonde

Oh my. I feel sort of lost, reading posts here and there, but Marnie, good going on the loss. Just keep putting one fork in front of the other. I am back on program but just can't seem to get to a meeting. My kids are needing Grandma a lot these days. We took care of grandkids last week and this week one is graduating high school. So, I won't be at a WW meeting until the 29th. Surely by then I will be at goal, just had 1.8 to go.

Maria is scaring me to death about Manila. I certainly hope she is being very careful. I think I would be in a fetal position under the bed.

Hope you are all doing well. I tried Applebee's this weekend with their new WW menu. Wish all restaurants did that. I do not like chicken so my choices were limited but I had the shrimp and cheesecake and it was all great. Everybody, try them out. I love this idea.

By the way, how do you get this annoying Special K out of here?

Glenda
Old 05-19-2004, 07:29 PM   #5  
Net browser

Hi Everybody

I went to WW on Tuesday and lost .8# and was pleased with that after the weekend with the kids and eating out.
I had Trudy back here for tea time with another friend. I tried a new recipe that was in the current issue of Taste of Home, Light and Tasty. It was called "Orange Angel Food Cake Dessert". You start with breaking up an angel food cake, so the recipe is an easy one. I am not fond of orange jello so I made up the recipe using peach jello and topping the dessert with sliced peaches and it was wonderful. It makes a large 9x13 pan and is 184 calories per slice. Serves 15 (make it 14). Trudy and I could not think of how to cut it into 15 equal pieces. hee hee If any of you think you might like this recipe and don't get the magazine let me know and I will post it for you.
Had my usual Wednesday out with my friend today. We had a good time but it certainly rained a lot. On Friday, DH and I are going to go to the States. It's a long weekend for us in Canada, and we thought we would just get away for a couple of days.

Marnie Congrats to you once again for showing a loss at Weight Watchers. Well done!!
Old 05-19-2004, 08:53 PM   #6  
Member Florida Chick

Just a quick hello; DH and I are both nurseing colds. He gave me his.: He had to go see the Dr. and has bronchitis. Now on antibiotics and had a breathing treatment at the office. So far, mine hasn't developed so bad. I have been steaming, and using Vicks Vaporub.

I'm looking forward to getting together with Karen and her DH. Hope they can find the house they like.

Congrats on the weight loss everyone. The Dr. changed my BP medicine and so we'll see if it helps in the weight department. Friday I go to get the results of my breathing test. In a way I hope it is positive, because I know the treatment. If it is not, then that will mean more tests.

Time to go and steam again. Hope to see you tomorrow. Ann
Old 05-20-2004, 08:24 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 195/136/128

Smile Hello, Friends:

My sister arrives around noon today. I've been "programming" myself to stay on program while she's here. Our family meets and converses around food. And, I know I'm part of that togetherness, I've just got to stick to my guns and COUNT POINTS! I have to stay

Slavika Good Going at WW! Your dessert sounds great and I would like to have the recipe. Do you know the "points?" Are you and DH coming to Minnesota?

Ann sorry about the cold - they can sure be bummers - especially in summer.

Thinking of you all!

Marnie

Old 05-20-2004, 11:11 AM   #8  
Member Florida Chick

Well, I've gone the next step, had to get up in the night. as I had such burning when I breathed. As long as i sat up I was okay. so today I go and see the Dr. Don't know when i've felt so 'punk'. hope you all have a great day.
Marnie: enjoy your sister. Ann
Old 05-20-2004, 12:12 PM   #9  

HI All,

I so enjoy reading your mail. Maria is very adventureous going about Manila like that. We need to equip here with a suit of armor. Hope she stays close from now on.

I am behind reading the thread. Seems Karen is on her way to Florida to search for a place to live. And she will be meeting Ann. How fun. Karen hope your find your special place.

Slavika I can see why your grandkids love to visit with you. They have a great time.

Marnie have fun with your sister. ONe thing with WW you can eat anything-just stay in your points range and you will be okay. Good going on the loss.

Glenda now that you mentioned Applebees and cheesecake I have to go and have some. Didn't realize that they had the points for that. Sounds good to me. I like that idea of restaurants and points too.

I couldn't make my usual WW meeting yesterday at noon time so I went in the evening. I was up a pound and I hope it was just because I weighed in later in the day.

The cicadas have emerged this week and they are all over the house, yard. Yuck! I swept some up this morning and came in and later felt something tickle my leg. Seems a cicada was in my shorts. Not a fun way to start the day.

We have had people look at the house-it has been up for a week. I am getting tired of constantly keeping it dust free and neat. Oh well such is life.

Got to go eat lunch.
Old 05-20-2004, 06:38 PM   #10  
Net browser

Hi Everybody

Ann sure sorry that you aren't feeling very well. I hope you get better before you have your visit with Karen

Marnie Hi there. Here's the recipe for you. I will give you the original recipe and you remember that I said I used the peach jello and topped the dessert with sliced peaches, so you could do that too, or even use another fruit.

Orange Angel Food Cake Dessert

1 package angel food cake mix
1 package (.3 oz) sugar-free orange jello
3/4 cup boiling water
1/2 cup cold water
1-1/2 cups cold fat free milk
1 package (1 oz) sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
1 teaspoon orange extract
1 carton (8 oz) frozen reduced fat whipped topping, thawed.
1 small navel orange, halved and sliced
1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted

Prepare and bake cake according to package directions. Cool completely.
In a small bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water, stir in cold water and set aside. Cut cake into 2 in. pieces and arrange cake slices in a ungreased 13" x 9" x 2" dish. With a meat fork, poke holes about 2 in apart into the cake. Slowly pour gelatin over cake. Refrigerate.
In a bowl, beat milk and putdding mix for 2 minutes, add in the extract. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft set. Fold in whipped topping. Spread over cake. Garnish with orange slices and almonds. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
Yield: 15 servings
One piece equals 184 calories
3 gr. fat.
1 gr fiber

I did not bother with the almonds in this recipe either.

I really like this recipe.
Old 05-21-2004, 06:13 PM   #11  
Member Florida Chick

Hi All: Well Karen and I have a date for Saturday. Really looking forward to it. Also, am now on antibiotics for the cold, or whatever the heck it is. More news, today was my day to check for the results of the breathing test. I tested positive again, and so will have to start the course of treatment, but can't do it until the cold bug is better. Guess it never rains but it pours.

I don't know if you remember our friiend from England who had to go home for treatment. Just got a call from his wife that he died, peacefully in his sleep. we will all miss him dearly. He was so well known in our park, one of those rare persons, who was always ready to help out whereever there was a need.

I'll tell you all about our visit. Ann
Old 05-22-2004, 12:57 AM   #12  
Life Time 2001

Marnie: Way to go n the loss!

Slavika: Woo Hoo in the right direction! Thanks for the recipe!

Im still Lost as the how to's

My week........ Same old Same old

Nothing new to report.

Last edited by LilyG; 05-22-2004 at 04:56 AM.
Old 05-22-2004, 01:13 PM   #13  
Member Florida Chick

Thumbs up

Hello everyone:
Just finished a nice visit with Karen and her DH. They stayed for lunch, but then had to go, as they had other people to see. They are very happy, as they found their house, and are in the process of buying - over in Plant City. We felt like we had known each other for ages. And I guess we have, since we have been on the 3FC board together for a long time. She looks just like I expected, from our photo collage. They took some pictures of the two of us together, so she will share them with you later. (She is the young skinny one). I'll let her tell you all about their new home. They had scads of pictures, because they knew that everyone back home in Minnesota would want to see. I think they will be very happy there. And we are only about 35 - 40 minutes away from each other. Now doesn't that give some of you Northerners some ideas?:

We are both feeling better, and not contageous anymore, thank goodness. The miracle of antibiotics. And then when I finish with this, I'll start treatment for the H-Pylori all over again. I just hope that all the anitbiotics won't end up giving me a yeast infection. I know it does happen sometimes.

Now, I just have to get my voice back. Really scratchy. No singing for a while. think we are going to enjoy our enclosed porch. Especially when the weather is cooler. And I think it will make a difference in our electric bill. We will see.

Hope you are all having a great weekend. : Ann
Old 05-23-2004, 01:56 AM   #14  
Life Time 2001

Hi All! Trying to catch up!

So glad Karen and Ann got to meet each other! Im sure it was special! You talk to each other on the board and its like we have known each other forever.

Me Im still busy as always. When I get home I check email and thats about it. Really miss the board. But there is nothing I can do.

My Popeye went up this week and has gotten rave reviews from everyone and the TM. Was exciting for me. Was suposed to go up quite a while ago but didint. Im just happy he got such great reviews!

Hubby is off on a guy thing tomorrow. Im going out to lunch with a friend Back home to clean house. Pretty dirty! But I sure hate cleaning. Gotta do it tho

Hope all is well with everyone!
Old 05-24-2004, 03:27 AM   #15  

G'day all,

I am home and very happy to be cool and having to turn on the heater!!
Will talk to you as soon as I get a chance, dd over from Melbourne, lots to do etc.
Need to read all the posts thoroughly before I post.......

See you soon...

Cheers
Maria
Closed Thread