Old 05-16-2004, 05:56 PM   #1  
Divine Gal

Default Weekly chat 5/16-5/22

Hey Gang!! Sorry I aint been around.Just been so busy with sick Bunny and going to visit BIL in rehab.Plus Dh has been using puter alot lately.
Plus I have been really down, unmotivated, and getting big again.Not putting it all back on.I just don't know what to do to get myself motivated again because I was really doing well.
Missed yall

*hugs*
lynnie
lynnie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2004, 06:03 PM   #2  
it's the getting up

Yeah Lynnie!!! I was just wondering about you the other day?!?!? Sounds like you've been busy, hope everything is going ok. Good to see your back, are you still going to ww? I'm starting again this week, finally saved up $12! Sad I know, but there's no enrollment fee till the end of the month I think- so I'm jumping back in! Yeah, glad your back!
sunseeker_ak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2004, 07:51 PM   #3  
Divine Gal

I haven't been to WW in over a month.Haven't had the money; maybe I should start again.
Old 05-16-2004, 08:20 PM   #4  

Hi everyone. I've been struggling lately as well (seems to be a trend with me). My fiance left yesterday for a 3 month internship.. so I'm started to hit a bit of depression. I'm trying to be strong, but its getting kinda hard and its only been a day.

I hope to exercise tomorrow. I need to get things together.
tonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2004, 02:08 PM   #5  
2blessed2Bstressed

S/C/G: 201/201/165

Height: 5'11"

Happy Week to everyone!
Glad to see your back Lynnie!

I have an exciting week planned, I leave for Cancun on Thurs. morning...that is where I found my motivation...swimsuit? Get's ya everytime!!!
spillthebeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2004, 04:47 PM   #6  
it's the getting up

Cancun.... you lucky girl! Did you find a cute suit?
Old 05-17-2004, 05:58 PM   #7  
2blessed2Bstressed

Jamie: I am very lucky, I found two bikinis at Target. I fit in the X-large, they have either s, m, l, xl I love that store they have everything, it's a super target, so they have groceries to clothes to cds....gotta love that..
Old 05-17-2004, 08:35 PM   #8  
Movin' and Losin'

Hey, ladies!

Welcome back, Lynnie! I was wondering about you. I'm really glad you're back! It sounds like you have a lot going on. How is your BIL doing? Sometimes, it's hard to focus on your health when you're worried about/caring for someone else. I hope you're able to find your motivation again -- you were doing great!!

Jamie: Hope that WW works well for you! Is that what you were doing initially to lose weight?

Tonic: Hope you get to feeling better! Three months will be over before you know it. Will you get to see your fiance at all during that time? You'll have to "wow" him with your progress!

Spillthebeans: Have a blast in Cancun!! I think I need to take a tropical vacation for motivation... you're onto something!

I'm finally back home! I've been traveling this past week (to Niagra Falls for business and home to Kansas). I didn't do too badly food-wise on the trips (although I did drink a lot of wine on the winery tour and I had desserts a couple of nights). I actually managed to lose 1.75 pounds this week! I think I counteracted the food and wine with lots of walking.

When I was at home, I was going through some old pictures from college and that was motivation enough for me! I weighed 30 pounds less then. And, even though at the time I thought I was a little big, looking back, I think I looked great! What I would give to look like that now! And, even though I've lost quite a bit of weight from my highest weight, and I thought I looked pretty decent, in comparing pictures now to pictures in college, I still have a lot to lose! So, I need to get these 30 pounds off.

Well, I hope everyone has a great week!

Take care,
Jina
jdoggmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2004, 10:19 PM   #9  
Divine Gal

I am trying my best to get it back!! Thanks for the WBs; its nice to know yall missed me!!BIL is doing somewhat better just not doing to well in the physical therapy part...We are going to start attending them with him to help motivate him....

*hugs*
lynnie
Old 05-19-2004, 06:48 AM   #10  

Hey ladies, I just realized I hadn't yet joined our "chat" for the week, so here I am! Welcome back, Lynnie--we missed you! I'm also missing our old friends like Jess (Mocha74) and Sacha.....hope they'll reappear here one day. (-;
Unfortunately, I have the same sad story to deliver--I've had trouble again with sweets (and it's always chocolate, specifically) the past few days. I feel like I have allowed it to basically control me, which is so ludicrous! Anyway, the bright spot is that I've kept up my exercise routine always, and in fact amped it up this week because I'd really like to lose again. Last night I did a lot of thinking & "musing" over my weight loss, bingeing, etc....I have a good, positive, hopeful attitude for today. I have to take responsibility and realize that I am the one that chooses whether or not I meet my goal. It sounds simple enough, and it is, but I sure have been making it hard lately! Ah, well. I'm livin' & learnin'. (-;
Jen24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2004, 10:48 AM   #11  

Hi everyone. I have had a rough week. I feel like I keep getting bigger and bigger. I started my first full day at work yesterday and I couldn't find any clothes that fit. I bought some at lunch and it just depressed me. Clothes shopping used to be fun. Today I have a big board meeting and my pinning ceremony (I get my illustrius Realtor "R"). I have to dress up. The suit jacket I got a couple months ago thinking that I'd lose a little weight hardly buttons. I just can't seem to get going. All I eat is junk. I actually got off my butt and went canooing (sp?) on Saturday, but only for about a half hour. I plan on doing a lot of walking and hiking through Yellowstone and Grand Tetons next week and maybe even some white water rafting, but I'm sure I'll sabotage it with eating way too much. Maybe I'll try to work out after my meeting. I think maybe just one long workout will help get me out of this slump.
South Dakota Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2004, 01:00 PM   #12  

Jina - Yeah we will see each other twice during that time period. I'm sure the time will go by so fast since I am really really busy. I hope to WOW him, but right now I am also having trouble with sweets.
tonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2004, 01:13 PM   #13  
2blessed2Bstressed

Happy Hump Day everyone!

This time tomm I'll be in Mexico....(i'm not bragging, just really excited!!) I need a vacation bad!!!!
Old 05-19-2004, 03:10 PM   #14  
Big-time loser

S/C/G: 306.6/247.2/156-164

Height: 5'8"

I hope you have a blast Spill!
jenicra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2004, 03:34 PM   #15  
it's the getting up

I feel like I am totally with you Meredith I too am a self sabotager. I have no clothes that fit well right now-- ahhh! So I am sporting sweats and yoga pants to school daily, not cute let me tell you. But tonight I am going to ww and getting back on track. I think I'm gonna do a combo between ww and south beach I am just inhailing carbs right now- didn't we talk about south beach before? Anyways, congrats on your "pinning" lets get on this and get out of our slump!