Old 05-19-2004, 10:30 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Default Stay at Home Moms #175

Welcome to a thread devoted to those who have the ultimate job of taking care of their family. Here you will find wonderful women raising a family and trying to find time to take care of themselves and their weight too. So if you are a SAHM jump right in and say hello and to all you who have been here before I look forward to a new day with you!!
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2004, 11:00 AM   #2  
Ready for ACTION!!!

Morning ladies!

Spryng, I would have voted for Diana if I could have gotten through!!! She was very good, as always. Fantasia was good, too. But I don't think I'd ever consider buying her CD, her sound just isn't appealing to me at all. After the way this season has turned out so far, I can't even begin to know who is gonna win this thing.

DH seemed to be more cheerful this morning, so any who prayed for us, keep it up, it is working!!

My house looked great yesterday, but not so good anymore, so I am off to pull it together again. It should be easier than yesterday. I also have to make a snack for Bible Study tonight, so I better get to it. I won't tell you what I am making, don't want to be cruel.

Be back later!
BIGtimeLOSER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2004, 11:13 AM   #3  
2BoysMom

Good morning ladies

First of all....CONGRATS TO ANDREW Penny, that is great news! Will had to get stiches in his forhead when he was about 18 months old so he had to be wrapped up in that thingy too. It was soooooooo sad I think that was worse than the stitches!

Michelle and anyone else in the 200s or close... we may still be fat, but we're not as fat as we were yesterday That's how I like to look at it! Also, we didn't get here overnight, we aren't going to get to goal overnight either...but with eachother's help we will make it!!! Hooray on the WI!!

Spryng, Dh is in again this weekend?? Seems like you were MIA last weekend...but that was me with the birthday bash Time sure flies doesn't it?? Nice talking with you again last night! I heard noises after I went to bed too and then I heard Tony at 2:30, 3:30 and 4:30 and he was up at 6:02

HAPPY 1ST BIRTHDAY TONY
He's officially a year now. We decided to put money into his college plan rather than buying a toy or clothes that he doesn't need!

Crystal...YEAH to Dh for giving you your time and I'm glad for you that he was happy that you mowed.

Gas is $2.15 here...REDICULOUS!

Lisa Hey, just be happy he lights the candle!! Could me much worse....right Michele?
Flowers...what are those??? Oh yeah, the things they used to do to get lots of lovin' I hint once in a while but it doesn't seem to help....so I'll just buy more of my own to plant in the yard

Leigh congrats on the scrapbooking...I have all the stuff but never get my butt down here to work on it after the boys go to bed. I'll have lots of catching up to do! I have Will's 1st year almost done (he just turned 3 ). Oh well!!

OK, I almost lost this post due to Tony...so I'm going to end it now. Hello to everyone out there! Going to enjoy the weather today because it's going to rain again for the next 5 days on and off. Expecting another 3 inches that we don't need!!!

Bye now!
Chubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2004, 11:15 AM   #4  
2BoysMom

Ricci, any news on your brother??
Chubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2004, 11:26 AM   #5  

Happy 1st Birthday Tony

Oh yeah Geri I'm totally with you on the whole being lucky if they light a candle to cover the stench or even spray the air freshener lol.
Flowers? I get those on holidays and such, my hubby actually does pretty good with that. One thing I had to teach him was that you don't give your wife a gift certificate for xmas, anniversary, etc... I told him that he needs to think about what I would really like and to pick it out himself and it makes it that much more special! So he did great for xmas!! He got me one of those awesome stand mixers that cost like 200 bucks, I love it!!

and you are absolutely right about us not being as fat as we were yesterday or a week ago or a month ago!! You all make some very valid points

Ok guys I need some help lol I'm just glued to this bed cuz hubby took over today lol he even shut the door so I am not disturbed lol god I feel so special today lol. Ok I want to get in the bath tub but at the same time don't want to leave my warm down comforter lol.

Ok I'm off and running, I'll catch you girls later.
Michelle

Last edited by MichelleRae; 05-19-2004 at 11:28 AM.
Old 05-19-2004, 12:14 PM   #6  
Walking away the weight

Default Afternoon Report

Wow! This thread is hopping

The day's been going fairly well so far. Great in terms of eating, but Liam is in a bad mood today,so that's no fun.

Spryng - hi! I'm like you with the shopping, so you know exactly what I mean Sounds like a relaxung weekend is planned. We have Master and Commander rented so we'll watch that, and we have some dinner and brunch plans - but don't worry, I'm already thinking ahead for that Dinner tonight is Lamb Kabobs on salad greens and some high fiber bread (we've always eaten high fiber bread, oddly enough, so there's no change in diet for that one).

oops! Liam's having ameltdown - I'll reply to the rest of you later . . .
Loveliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2004, 01:54 PM   #7  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Hello Ladies

Geri,
You rock! Thanks so much for the applause for Andrew And

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY TONY!!!!!!!!!! :cake: :cake:
Does this mean terrible twos are NEXT??? GRRRR.......

I forgot who said there child swallowed the quarter but I just wanted to say Hunter did the same thing when he was little! The quarter came out And it was turned black.... lol

Michelle,
OMG!!!!!! CONGRATS CONGRATS LADY!!!! I TOLD YOU YOU WOULD HAVE A GREAT WEIGH IN THIS WEEK!!!! JUST WAIT TILL SUNDAY!!!! YAH!!!

Leigh,
I never thought about a scrapbook for the grandparents... I gotta get mine finished first......lol

Spryng,
Glad ya'll are relaxing this weekend! You need it!

Cindi,
Are you eating the snacks for bible school study?????

HI,
My name is Penny and I am addicted to the scale. I have been for 5 years now and don't think I will ever change..... LOL I weighed in this morning at 162.5 OMG!!!! I am down 20 pounds since I started SB! YAH! I am so excited about it and will make it!

Anyhow,
I just went to Walmart and spent $100.00 on our next door neighbors... I got a call at the hospital yesterday b/c someone thought our HOUSE was on fire but it wasn't us.... It was our next door neighbors... It burnt all the way down and now they have nothing! So I just brought her what I could and will help out as much as possible! That is so sad.... I just wanted to cry for her!

Have a wonderful day ladies!
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2004, 02:50 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Good afternoon all!

Penny congrats on the loss!!! And that was so caring of you to buy your neighbors some things. How devastating it would be to lose your home and all your possesions. Were they home when it happened? Anyone get hurt?
Leigh, I really liked Master and Commander, thought it was really good. Lamb Kabobs? Sounds really good! I've never had lamb before. Does it taste like beef??
Michelle, I would die if my DH bought me one of those mixers! I have been wanting one forever! That was a great gift. I've talked to my DH about buying me stuff before, you know for no reason at all, out of the blue. Well he tried ONE time. And halfway through shopping he called me to ask me what I would buy if I were there... so the suprise and all that was blown out of the water. But I guess it was the thought that counted. lol. He makes up for not being romantic in other areas though, so it balances out, lol. How sweet of your DH to give you all morning to yourself!! Enjoy it!
Geri, yes I was not MIA last weekend and I'll try really hard to not be this weekend too. I just get so sidetracked when DH is home. And he's like another child that requires so much attention, you know? And I really enjoyed talking to you too last night! I feel like we've known each other forever. Did you check today to see what may have been causing those noises? Sometimes it makes more sense in the daylight and our imaginations aren't taking over, lol. I grew up on horror movies and stuff so sometimes my imagination takes on a life of it's own. I can do a better job at scaring myself than any movie I've ever seen. Does that happen to anyone else?
Cindi, so glad your DH is doing better. Takes some stress off of you. And you can tell me what snack you are making, lol, I won't tell anyone else!
LOL
Well, guess I will get off here and find something to occupy me. I wish someone wanted to chat. TTYL!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2004, 03:19 PM   #9  
Ready for ACTION!!!

Chat where, Spryng?

I am making Chocolate Lava Cake...right now I don't think I want to eat it, but I will just skip dinner if I do. It's worth it to skip dinner for CHOCOLATE! I need something not so sweet to go with it, but can't decide what.

DH has a very positive job lead. He doesn't know about it yet, this is one of those times I wish he had a cell phone. Daytime hours and very decent starting pay, which is good, because he was strongly considering becoming a truck driver...and leaving me all week with 7 kids...the nerve of that man!

Hi I am Cindi, addicted to the scale as well...must have my "fix" several times a day!*Blush* I still haven't lost that measly half a pound, but I will soon. I didn't drink enough water this week, so trying hard right now to fix that.

Everyone here is doing such an awesome job. We really need to work on that reward meeting when we all hit goal, because we are all going to!!

Time to meet and greet the kiddos, see ya later!
BIGtimeLOSER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2004, 04:21 PM   #10  
Walking away the weight

Default I'm back . . .

Okay, We're back from the car dealership, so I can continue my earlier post

Michelle - Way to go with getting to 229 Hope you bask in it for a long while! I'm kind of tone deaf as well, while DH is very musically inclined, so we're the reverse of your situation

Geri - happy first Birthday wishes to Tony

Penny - Hooray on the loss!!! So sorry to hear about your neighbors. That's very sweet of you to help out.

Spryng - yeah, lamb is a red meat - it tastes a bit like beef, but slightly different Wow, that's a great descripotion there!

Cindi - ooo! Keep us posted on DH's job, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

Ugh . . . it feels like Liam's been crying non-stop all day. It's enough to drive the most sane person batty. It has to be his teeth.
Old 05-19-2004, 04:25 PM   #11  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Spryng,
No, no one got hurt thank goodness b/c they weren't home. But they do have a 1 1/2 yr old and a fifteen yr old. So the baby needs alot of things so I bought more for him than everyone else.
Hope you have fun with dh this weekend!

Cindi,
I am glad I am not the only one addicted to the scale.... LOL Hope you have a great day!

That is a great idea for us all to meet Like a skinny cruise or something??? That would be awesome!

Have a great day,
Gonna go outside and sit on the patio set and let the kiddos play. Trying to take it easy today
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2004, 04:43 PM   #12  

Wow Penny how great of you!! Someone I used to work with house burned down and I gave them a crib and some linens and some furniture that we didnt use. The wife was pregnant and due like in the month following the fire, it was even worse for them though because they were buying this house on a lease purchase and the "owner" didn't put any home insurance on it!! I just couldn't imagine losing everything!

Sounds like everyone is having a great day!! I had to go do some running around but I'm home for now, today is one of those days that dh is just getting on my nerves driving me absolutely nuts!! Its not really him lol its more me just being a little bit crabby.

The weather here today is just absolutely beautiful!! So while I was out running around I drove the long route home It was nice.

Leigh - so sorry to hear about Liam being crabby, Teagan has kind of been too, but she's just really clingy so she likes to be held a lot.

Cindi - OMG!!! I want some lava cake!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! mmmmmmm

Spryng - That is just hilarious that your hubby tried ONE time lol I swear some men just are clueless in the shopping department lol.

Ok guys well I need to calm my grumpy little self down, I'll come post again later!
Michelle
Old 05-19-2004, 05:17 PM   #13  
Walking away the weight

Michelle - hope you calm down some. Liam is also very clingy, but today he's both clingy and fussy

I have a WW question: When they list 2 shrimp Fajitas in the book as 8 points, does that include 2 small tortillas? I know any side items like guacomole, sour cream, etc. would be counted separately.

I keep forgetting to mention this . . . my friend who I walk with has pulled out her WW stuff from before she got pregnant (her son is Liam's age) and has started - inspired by me Isn't that neat? I may show her this group and she might decide to join our little circle of support if it's okay with ya'll.
Old 05-19-2004, 05:31 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Hello again!
Leigh, so sorry Liam is fussy today. Have you tried baby oragel or anything for his gums? And yes those two shrimp fajitas should include the tortillas. Of course you can make shrimp fajitas for much less than 8 pts for 2. Buy those low carb tortillas which are only 1 pt each, shrimp is very low in pts, and the onion and bell pepper are 0 pts... so each fajita can be around 2-3 pts tops! JMHO, of course. That is how I would make them. And that is so great that you have inspired your friend!! I inspired my aunt to join and she is doing great. Went down two dress sizes already.
Michelle, hope you are feeling better. Just remember that your DH was so sweet to you this morning, don't forget you DO love him!! LOL.
Penny I would love to meet everyone face to face someday too. Someday I'll get to mee Ricci because we actually go to the same city every now and then, we just need to make plans.
Cindi, in Penny's signature you'll see a link to the mom's losing weight web page and there is a chat room there we can use to chat. We used to chat everyday at 2 pm but that has been gone for awhile now. I miss it. Maybe we can set up a late night chat? Like 10 pm central or something? What do you all think? I hope your DH takes that job! Sounds good, but if worse came to worse, being a truck drivers wife isn't all that bad, really. Plus it is really good money.
Well, I have dinner going now. My kitchen is quickly getting WAY too hot. I'm probably going to be forced to turn on the AC soon. I really hate having to do that. I delt with huge electric bills all winter due to using the furnace non-stop and I just don't want another big bill so I am willing to sweat a little to achieve that but it's getting to be almost 100 degrees in this house!! Too hot. Next year we are getting central heat and air put in to save on energy and bills... but that is months away yet. We have all summer to put up with out little window unit. When it gets really hot outside it can't keep up at all.
Ok, need to go stir the beans. TTYL!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2004, 05:50 PM   #15  
SAHM of 3

Penny, that is great of you. Our home burned down when I was 8 yo. It was at like 4 something in the morning and in February and snow was on the ground. EVERYTHING got burned. The volunteer fire dept. that came out, their water froze, so it literally had to just burn. My parents didn't have home insurance either. It was bad, but of course, I can remember it happening, but I don't remember how horrible it was on my parents, as the kid, I just kind of went with them wherever they went. We finally had our home built back on the same slab. That's where I was until I got married. Anyway, EVERYONE gave us things. People we didn't know. We lived with my aunt and uncle for a while and they had this HUGE game room with only a pool table in there, and there were literally mazes through the bags of things given to us. I know that is what helped us get back on our feet. I will pray for them. I hope they can get back on their feet like my parents did.

I'll personally post to all of you later. I'm cooking dinner. Tangy chicken breast and I don't know what else.
TTYL
watkinsguru is offline   Reply With Quote