Old 05-15-2004, 07:37 AM   #1  

Default Time for Serious Fun #68

TIME FOR SERIOUS FUN #62

We are a thread dedicated to making losing weight a pleasant experience. We laugh, cry and talk together. We have challenges, points for staying on program, drinking our water, and exercising. We have a daily topic to join in. Our only focus is to help us realize that dieting and all that goes with it need not be unpleasant, but can be fun. Come join the fun here at Time for Serious Fun! Everyone is Welcome!

TOPICS:

Monday: Mission Monday New mission each week
Tuesday: Target Tuesday We target something to work on
Wednesday: Wednesday's Woes Our day to complain about anything and everything
Thursday: Time for Us Thursday The day set aside to pamper us!
Friday: Fabulous Lbs Down Friday. Report our losses!
Saturday: Sunny Thoughts Saturday We share stories and jokes to help us smile
Sunday: Silly Poll Sunday A new poll to give your thoughts to every week

POINTS VALUES:

STAYING ON PROGRAM IS 2 POINTS
DRINKING YOUR WATER IS 1 POINT
EXERCISING IS 1 POINT

POSTING A WTG: A WTG IS WHEN SOMETHING NON WEIGHT LOSS HAPPENS TO YOU LIKE A NEW DRESS IN A SMALLER SIZE. TO POST A WTG, USE ALL CAPS AND POST IT IN PINK. FOR EXAMPLE: WTG: I rode my bike 2 miles instead of one today.

SECOND QUARTER CHALLENGE MAY 1-SEPT 1. THE MOST LBS LOST WILL WIN A $30 VISA GIFT CARD! ONLY THOSE WHO ARE MEMBERS AS OF THE START OF THE QUARTER ARE ELIGIBLE FOR THE PRIZE, NEWBIES, ARE ELIGIBLE THE NEXT QUARTER THOUGH ALL MAY JOIN THE CHALLENGE!
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2004, 07:39 AM   #2  

SATURDAY: Today is Sunny Thoughts Saturday. What can you share with us to make us laugh?

check in later

Faye
Old 05-15-2004, 12:15 PM   #3  
Gym'll fix it!!

Hi Ladies

Congrats Susan and Gigglez on the losses

Jaymi, i use my treadmill mostly its my fave. You did better with the eating yesterday

Another 4pt day for me

I've no funny stories i can tell you i'm kinda off with hubby at the moment cos he's let a dirty mechanic sleep on my new CREAM leather sofa for the last 2 friday nights complete with dirty work gear you might find that funny but i don't and last week he sat on my brand new WHITE workshirt and it was filthy! double
cat90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2004, 05:43 PM   #4  
2006 - Panda Remix

Hi Guys!

Well done evryone on the weight losses!!

Cat - You have such a great sense of humour - I just read your comment about wearing 'chaps' to work - that image will make me laugh for days!
Not so funny is your husband and his diiirrrrrty (see what I did there!) mate - I would not be happy - maybe you will have to put a throw over the sofa to prevent it next time. Honestly, men are just from a different planet aren't they?

take care

Love Amanda xxx
Amanda Panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2004, 06:14 PM   #5  

Hi All

Tonight is our 3rd performance of the show I'm working on...Opening was AWEFUL! Just because the audience just didn't get it...you hardly knew they were out there...But last night was MUCH MUCH MUCH better, they seemed to enjoy it and actually found the humor. Its amazing how audiences have personalities. I think tonight will be good too.
Just so you know...I looked fabulous! All I did was something a little different with my hai and seriously every 15 minutes another person was telling me how nice I looked. I was loving it.

Sorry about the Sofa Cat, I would go nits too.
Scuzin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2004, 06:58 PM   #6  

Cat: I'd be kickin me some *** that is for sure! Jack knows not to even walk on my tile floors with his nasty shoes from work on nor sit on anything until he has taken his work clothes off because they stink stink stink! Men are THE biggest dopes in the world without a doubt!

Susan: Glad the performance went well and I am sure you were spectacularly beautiful.

As for me, I have paint head to toe AGAIN! I am wiped out. We painted the dining room (2 coats) and I painted all the trim, woodwork, doorjambs etc all myself while dh snoozed on the couch. He apologized, but I told him not to worry about it because I just wanted to get it done so we could put up the wallpaper and border tomorrow and move stuff back. We have to shampoo the carpet on top of all that and clean out cabinets etc. I went shopping at Lowes today (we had to buy more paint) and found gorgeous lamps for the dining room (there is no overhead fixture in the room) and they were on clearance, but hopefully they will still be there next week when I can afford to get them. I am putting one lamp and one hanging silk lamp in there for light. We also looked at ceramic tile again for the entranceway since it will be cheaper to do than the bathroom/laundry room/kitchen area. It is still going to cost about $400 to get the initial stuff, though the tile cutter and supplies we can reuse. I found a really nice looking terra cotta tile we are going to get. My entranceway has no natural light so I painted it this color but I first put an eggshell prime on then grocery bagged the walls (sort of like sponge painting only you use plastic grocery bags and dab the paint on. It looks cool and goes well with the floor color which looks like this sort of.

Well, blabbed enough, I need to go and get this paint off before I become permanently a mess!

Faye
Old 05-15-2004, 08:54 PM   #7  
Gym'll fix it!!

Faye, i feel worn out just reading what you get up to you never stop!

Amanda, there is a duvet thrown over the sofa to protect it, i leave one on it before i go to bed in case hubby falls asleep in his chair then he just moves over to the sofa so he does'nt disturb me trouble is he well "they" now wrap themselves up in it and put their diiiirrrty ( ) hands, feet and heads on the arms of the sofa i had to clean it with cream vim this afternoon and the water was filthy when i complain about it i just get "well, it was a stupid colour to pick in the first place" and i respond with "well, they're are'nt meant to have filthy welders and mechanics sleeping on them!" i'm beating my head against a brick wall so i may as well shut up about it. Feel like locking them all out tho'

Susan, glad the show is going well

Walked 3mls this afternoon but i want to snack trying hard not to overeat.
cat90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2004, 08:13 AM   #8  

SUNDAY: Today is Silly Poll Sunday and our Silly Poll this week is:

Listening to Cat's trouble about the couch got me to thinking on this one. What common household product do you use in a secret way? For example: If you take new clothes that are sure to bleed in the washer when they are washed the first time and put them in a sink of cold water and 2 cups of white vinegar for about 2 hours, this sets the color and they will NOT bleed.

Let's see: toothpaste is good as a jewelry cleaner and as "plaster" for wall holes if you don't have plaster, just be sure and use white toothpaste!

rubbing salt on your hands before cutting an onion prevents the smell from getting on your hands

filthy grills plates? Day before grilling, take a black trash back put grill plates in them with ammonia and tie it tight. Lay in the sun all day and next day take out and scrub a little and the gunk comes right off.

Ok, I know you are going to be very very jealous of me today, wallpaper flopping over my head, glue running down my arms and neck, stiff muscles from reaching all day. WHOOOPEEEEE! I am dying to get it done though. The color is so gorgeous. I promise to take a pic of the room when finished.

Faye
Old 05-16-2004, 01:10 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 249/215/165

Height: 5/5

Morning ladies!

Faye, I am like Cat get kinda worn out from all that you do. Right now I am here at work waiting for another store to turn on their puter so that I can transmit a file.

Susan, I am glad taht you are having good shows. Congrats on the loss.

Just wanted to say hi. About the poll mean green it is the best. Gotta run.

hugs
sandy
gigglez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2004, 02:19 PM   #10  

Hello All,

I'm been missing in action for about a month and 1/2 but here I am again! The school term is over, I got all A's, so I'm happy about that, and now I have a week shy of four months to do as I please. So I figured it was time for me to get back on the bandwagon. I've been on-plan for about 4 or 5 days...can't remember which day I started!

Hope everyone is well. Congrats to the winner of the first quarter prize! 34 lbs is wonderful!

As for a product...i clean my title floors with windex and paper towels on my knees. It's fast and does a great job, but then I'm lazy and a slob!

Hope everyone has a great day!

Beth
beth_on_the_beach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2004, 04:25 PM   #11  

Height: 5 foot

Man, I gotta get used to changing these threads!! Got lost again! Anway I've already forgotten what was on the last thread for Saturday so whoever lost weight I didnt weigh in until Saturday, I lost 2 lbs. Wish I could lose more like yaw'l....what kind of exercises are yaw'l doing?!?!

Scuzin- Good Going on your performance!! YAY!!!

Beth_on_the_beach-- Well just want to welcome you back since we havent met...glad you missed the "take care of Jaymi's problems week"

Well, I'm just a typical clean up when I have to type of girl. The craziest thing I might do is use Ivory dishwashing liquid instead of bubble bath for my kids because that baby stuff doesnt make as much bubbles I used to use ammonia to clean my jewelry....I mop the floor with pinesol, and sometimes wash dishes in bleach...but not all the time because I usually get bleach all over my clothes which sucks....

Glad I missed the joke thing...because I can't even make myself laugh on that one... the only joke I know is...Why did the chicken cross the road?!?!?

Well Faye, I said I'd tell ya later, so I am. I remembered what you told me about your dad, just found out Friday night that my dad had to have Triple bypass surgery. Didnt want to say anything about it really, since I said I was gonna stop being a baby. And because I was sooo upset about it, He's like Superman to me...undestructable. But it could of been worse, he had been having chest pains and they ran tests on him and said he was ok...come to find out almost all of his arteries were clogged. But he's ok now, I'm just upset that I cant be there until 2 weeks from now. Oh well, see now that I feel better its not as bad!!

Dirt and Men just go together... I dont get it..and it's invisible to them...I'd have a fit about it so he'd have to notice. Then next time...the same thing.

Well Sat and Sun were 4 pt'ers. Sat I stayed ate about 890 cal, but....that was plus 3 apples!! And I was upset so what I did eat, I made myself eat it. I did my Denise Austin, crunches,leglifts, treadmill, and even played tennis...if that's what you wanna call it.

Today I'm aiming for more calories...i guess... But I ate a Bagel with ham egg and f/f cheese, and for lunch shrimp alfredo. 60 minutes Denise Austin, 60 minutes treadmill...enough for me!! Tired today. Well I'm gonna change my weigh in day to Friday so I can participate better. Oh, anyone have any suggestions on exercises I can do while I'm in tx?

Well, Hope everybody's day is going good!!! When I get this thread thing together I'll be able to comment more!! Bye All!!
Jaymi_Dol_78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2004, 05:06 PM   #12  
2006 - Panda Remix

hi all!

JAYMI - I'm so sorry to hear about your dad. I hope he is recovering well after such a big operation. I know how you feel about thinking your dad is indestructable - I come from a very healthy family who hardly ever get ill and have never even broken a bone - I take it for granted that they are okay - but they are getting older and won't be here forever.

SUSAN - I'm glad your show went well. Are you going to stick with the new hairdo?

BETH - Welcome back! Well done on your excellent exam results. Have you got any plans for your long break - apart from getting back on your programme?

SILLY POLL - I have no tips, other than if you can afford it, get a cleaner!! I HATE HOUSEWORK - the only problem is that Nigel is even messier and lazier than me, so I have to do all the cleaning as he doesn't even notice if the place has become a pig sty. The thing is that he is really good at cleaning as he used to work in big industrial kitchens and have to clean them up - he is just a lazy so and so!. I nevr know any of those useful household tips - speaking of which, does anyone know how to remove water stains from a stone fireplace surround? (I tried to clean it with a damp cloth and justmade it worse! )

I went on my exercise bike today - it was a really hot day and I hadn't used it for a couple of weeks, so I found it hard work! I am not looking forward to Summer this year - medication that increases sweating, coupled with being over 100lbs overweight, does not a happy summer make! It will all be different next year though!

Love Amanda xx
Amanda Panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2004, 06:48 AM   #13  

MONDAY: Today is Mission Monday and our mission this week is to take time to sit down and really look over your weight loss program as far as food goes. I am greatly concerned that some of you are not eating properly nor enough and to have effective weight loss you MUST maintain a good program. Make sure you include protein, carbs, fat all in proportion (usually 10%, 60%, 30% in that order is what is recommended.) Cutting calories and fat way back DO NOT BENEFIT YOU! So, this week take a good long look at what you are eating and make sure you are balancing your diet to be the healthiest it can be.

Sounds like Amanda had the best tip of all about cleaning!

Beth: I am so glad to see you back and glad you are up and running! We missed you a lot.

Jaymi: It wasn't my father who had a heart attack (he has been dead for 30 years), it was my HUSBAND! You got to remember I am the oldster of the group! Anyway, hope your father is on the mend and makes some positive changes in his life to live a long life. I expect he is around my husband's age and that is too young to die of a heart attack. As for you girlie, I am seriously worried about what you are doing to your body. It is your choice to do what you want, but I have seen your profile pic and seen your posts and you are on your way to anorexia honey. You need to be taking in at least 1200-1400 calories a day and you seem to be doing a huge amount of exercising along with that. Please consider what I have said and try hard to eat more. We wouldn't want to lose you or have you end up in a hospital because you are starving your body!

THE WALLPAPERING AND PAINTING ARE DONE! I am going to shampoo the carpets in there and put everything back today. Our next projects now are finishing up the lighting issues and starting on flooring, but that is going to have to wait awhile as it is expensive to do and I want to take a trip in July.

Have a great morning girls. Check back later today.

Faye
Old 05-17-2004, 08:01 AM   #14  

Good Morning Lovelies!

Well, I'm back from show-land. Saturday night went really well, just a few minor screwups which is to be expected. I spent all day yesterday catching up on sleep! Oh, and I got tons of compliments on that costume, so I guess I was just over reacting and really seeing myself in my old body.

Didn't count points for the last week or so, but Today starts things anew! This Monday's Mission is perfect,Faye, cuz I need to revamp my program and really think about what I'm doing. I've just been cruising during this stressful time, I ended up gaining about 2 pounds........which I expected given all the CRAP I've been eating. So NEW PLANS TODAY!

Jaymie, I hope your dad is doing better and your fears are put at ease. I have to say when I read that you had UPPED your calories to 850....my head screamed "anorexic behavior"!!! I have no idea about your life or your body......I don't pretend to know you at all. BUT we all try to look out for each other here, strictly out of love and concern. PLEASE talk to someone! No one can live healthfully on that little food, especially with as much exercise as you are doing. Your family needs you to be healthy and strong! I have a dance student who is a counselor for people with these tendencies.....she was an anorexic for many years herself and she almost died from it. If you want, I can send you her website info......she does alot of counseling over the phone and email.

Beth, welcome back and WOOO HOOO on the grades! Well Done!

Susan, glad your show went well too! I'm sure you had tons of fun

Faye......I get my daily exercise just READING about all the stuff you do! I was in remodeling **** last year trying to sell an old farmhouse we had. I'm so glad we are in a newer house now that doesn't need anything except the room over the garage which we can finish at our leisure.

OK, kids are bugging me to get them to school.

Later babes,
Julie
Mirabelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2004, 09:19 AM   #15  
It is what it is...

Wow, alot has been going on this weekend, you girls have been busy

Faye, Faye - I wish I had all of your energy...My dh and I need to touch up paint all over the house before we put on market and we keep putting it off every weekend, didnt you say you were coming up to IN soon? Wanna make some extra cash?

Susan - Glad the shows are going well, that sounds like alot of fun

Julie - See we told you that you looked great, glad to hear everything went well and now you can focus on your weight loss now...

Beth - Hi, great to hear from you!!

Amanda - I too hate housework, my house has the "illusion" of clean, like it looks clean from a distance but if you get right up on something it is dusty, ha...that is bad of me

Jaymi - I have to agree!! I don't want you to feel like we are coming down on you but eat something GIRL!!! 850 calories is scarily ( is that a word ? ) too, too low....especially when you are so active, re-think your plan, go to a nutritionist....good luck!! Also I am sorry to hear about your Dad, I will be thinking of him and you...

Everyone else, hello, glad you had a good weekend...I did have one too, although not OP, back on track today!!!! Talk later!!
Satine is offline   Reply With Quote