Old 05-15-2004, 02:21 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Default Stay at Home Moms #171

Welcome to a thread devoted to those who have the ultimate job of taking care of their family. Here you will find wonderful women raising a family and trying to find time to take care of themselves and their weight too. So if you are a SAHM jump right in and say hello and to all you who have been here before I look forward to a new day with you!!
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2004, 02:24 PM   #2  

Well I got another 4 miles behind me I did all my walking for the day in one sitting or rather walking lol, that way I don't do it late at night and my weigh in is affected. Which today I was at 233 again the same as yesterday and a lb up from last week, I'm hoping for a miracle to be a lb down tomorrow lol.

I hope you are all having a great day!
Michelle
Old 05-15-2004, 02:35 PM   #3  

I am a stay at home mom to Jessica 9 months and Matthew 7 year old autisic son. I am doing Jenny Craig and am only down 5lbs grrrrrrrrrrrr I don't know why my weight is coming off so slow I walk 1.25 miles 5 days a week and still only see .5 - 1lb a week Anyway I weigh 212lbs my goal is 199 right now then 180 then 160 I have to do it that way it is to overwelming. I would like to buddy with you or at least stay in touch Stay at home moms have tough jobs with no rewards or time to themselves but in the end it is worth it. Pattie
kaliu2fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2004, 03:39 PM   #4  
SAHM of 3

Well girls, I'm back from the zoo. Not too many posts today.

Pattie, welcome aboard. Please stick around here, you'll love it. Don't be discouraged about losing weight too slow. First of all, you could be gaining or not losing at all, second of all, it is better to lose it slow, slow, slow. It really does stay off better. Your body might just be slow to lose weight, but that's okay, you're doing what you need to to lose and be healthy. You get a reward for that alone.

Leigh, I used a midwife too. Had all three of my kids at home, it's awesome. I use NO birth control. Never have and don't plan on it. I sort don't believe in using it, dh says he wants a vasectomy and if that's what he chooses, I'll support that, but if it were me, I wouldn't do anything. God has everything under control. You can get on birth control but if it's in God's plan for you to have another one, you will. I know how you feel about being in that category. I by no means consider myself obese, but technically I am. Even my dh says I'm not, but the numbers don't lie. The zoo was gorgeous. East Texas is beautiful anyway, so the zoo is even better.

Michelle, hope you got that basement done. 4 miles is terrific. Alot of the zoo was uphill and I was pushing my 32 lb. son in the stroller, so I got some exercise in. Yes I am prolife all the way. I don't believe in abortion under ANY circumstance. Not rape, or anything. It's still a child God created and it was created for a reason. It's not up to us to get rid of it.

Well, like I pointed out, the zoo was great. The kids were great. The weather was PERFECT. We had alot of fun. I've sort of fallen off plan today even though I packed my lunch. But I'm gonna start lifting some weights at least 3x a week and continue my power walking about 5x or so. I think with all that and staying at or below 1500 I'll be fine. Even if I go off plan alittle too much.

Well, I'll be back around later. I've got to get some things done that didn't do themselves while I was gone, don't you hate that. You think you'll blink your eyes and it will be done when you get home, fat chance.
TTYL
watkinsguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2004, 04:15 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Good afternoon all!
Michelle, how does the nuvaring work? Is it something that never comes out? I love my IUD. And mine (Mirena) lasts for 5 years, the copper ones (which are hormone free) last for 10 years. Anyway, I will bow out of your abortion discussion though. There are some things I avoid talking about and that is politics and religion, I just don't like to cause any hurt feelings or anything. But I don't mind anyone else talking about them so don't think you've offended me because you haven't
Leigh, what happened to you at your doctors is what happened to me after my first son was born. I guess I didn't see myself as overweight and I was in denile. I went to get a checkup and the nurse mentioned something about me being overweight in such a matter of fact way that it was like a slap in the face. She wasn't being mean or critical but I never put that word with my body before and it was then and there I knew I had to do something. My ds was 6 months old at the time. So I guess that is why this time around I didn't wait until Tanner was very old when I started to get this weight off. So since she said the patch may not work for you, what did she recommend? And I have noticed Oprah lately. She is looking so good. She lost a bunch of weight for her 50th b-day and it seems her waist gets smaller each week. She looks great doesn't she? Of course she knows how to enhance her figure too.
Crystal, wow you got home fast! So glad you enjoyed your day.
Welcome Pattie!!! I am Spryng. Mother of 3. Ava 4, Bubba (aka Joseph) 3, and Tanner 10 months. I am currently on weight watchers and loving it! How long have you been on Jenny Craig? Slow weight loss is actually good. They say the slower it comes off the more apt it is to stay off. So hang in there!
Well my day has been going fine. My cousin came over for a few hours to chat and that was really nice and fun. She lives really close to me but we hardly ever see one another. She is the only family I have up here. Got my morning routine done and am fixing to make dinner. what is everyone having tonight? I'm making spaghetti squash covered with roasted chicken and sundried tomatoe alfredo sauce. MMmmmmm... makes me hungry just thinking about it, lol. I like using the spaghetti squash to save on pts. plus I love the flavor.
Well guess I should get off here. have a great evening all!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2004, 04:56 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 160/158/125

Talking I'm Baaaaack

Did you miss me??? I'll tell ya I've had a time. Where to even begin. Ok well I might as well kinda start over and introduce myself. Looks like the only one around to recognize me would be Spryng. Sooo.
I'm Misty. Married to Hoss (for 8yr) SAH mother to Hannie (5yr) Grace Mae (3yr) and Baylan (6mo). I'll be 30 this year. I live in West Virginia. As of right now I'm on no diet at all. But seriously considering WW. I'm very out doorsy type and most loved is horseback ridding with my girls and gardening.
I was back for like one day (to 3FC) after I got my new computer. But then alot of things in my life went bad. Mostly personal. So I was so absorbed in what I was dealing with that I had to give up some things to make time for resolving problems. That took me away from 3FC. But I'm back now. YAY!
I'm still fighting post baby weight. Ick 138# but down from 168# since december. That was my weight 3 weeks after the baby.
I'm in desperate need of a plan. Its lack of money and lack of time to go to meetings that keeps me from WW. I don't have anytime to myself my 3 kids are always in tote. Not that I mind. But I just can't get away to meetings.

Spryng~ I missed ya girl! Hoped you were still posting here. So you have to fill me in on how you and the kids are and send some pictures. I'd LOVE to see Tanner. I bet he's a little Doll. Did you buy a new house yet? Last I was around you were looking. I read you stats. YOU GO GIRL! 129#
ROCKS!!! I'm jealous! tee hee! So you really like WW? I'm thinking about it. Tell me what would you recomend? I'm going to go look on ebay for the materials. You know what would be great? I know you are so busy like me with 3 kids... But I'd be ever so grateful if you could check out ebay and email me which sale on material you think would be best. I'm so lame and have no idea what I need to get started. oh yeah I'm [email protected] I'd really appreciate any help you want to offer. Has your weightloss slowed down any? I can't remember what weight you were last. Well I gotta skedattle my husband is home!!!
K2BMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2004, 05:13 PM   #7  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Good Afternoon Ladies!

Michelle,
You go girl on your exercise!!!! You are doing awesome! I know you will have a great weigh in tomorrow! Good Luck!

Pattie,
Welcome! Hugs to YOU! I am so glad you joined us! We are a great bunch of motivating ladies! I'm Penny SAHM Mom to three boys Hunter, 4 1/2, Nicholas, 3 1/2 and Andrew 11 months! Hope you love it here! I know I do! And congrats to your weight loss! Slow and steady wins the race!

Crystal,
I am so glad you had a great time at the zoo! It is nice to get out of the house and do something as a family!

Spryng,
I have never had spagetti squash but I really want to try it. Is it just like the reg squash I buy at the fruit stand or is it the same thing?? I am glad your cousin came over and you got to visit! That was nice!

Misty,
Welcome Back! I am not sure if I was here when you were. I started out here a little less than a year ago and then was MIA for a little while too but I have been back for a couple months and I feel great to be here! Congrats on the weight loss Good for you! What is your goal if you don't mind me asking?

Well the reunion was great. Half of the family didn't come b/c it was flooding all around us and we couldn't even use the pavillion we rented at the campground. We just set up next to my grandma's campsite. It was still a great time! I ate my chicken breast I brought with me and picked up a little mini fruit salad from WalMart. We stay for about three hours or so. When I got home I made me a wheat tortilla wrap w/ refried beans tomato ff cheese and ff sour cream. And I am still on plan! YAH! I didn't eat the fried chicken, chips, or carrot cake, or the strawberry shortcake that was brought! I was so proud of myself and didn't even feel deprived at all!

Hope you are all having a wonderful day! It is still raining here and we are just bumming in the house

Hugs to you ALL!!!!
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2004, 05:15 PM   #8  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

Misty,
Hey girl!!!!!! I do remember you! How's the baby doing????

And BTW,
Geri,
Hope the boys are having a wonderful party!
Old 05-15-2004, 06:45 PM   #9  

hey ladies!!

Spryng - I understand about the politics and religion thing lol I myself am usually the same way, I only brought it up because I had seen that someone was considering not joining a gym because of it I don't judge I'm glad you had a great day, and even had some visiting time in!

Crystal - So glad you had a good time at the zoo, and you got some good walking exercise in at the same time!

Pattie - Welcome!! I'm Michelle SAHM to 2 year old Taylor, and 7 month Teagan, both girls. I live in Montana, and I used to be an outdoorsy type before gained all this weight now I try not to go out Stick around I'm sure you'll find all the support that you need.

Misty - Hi, look right above and you'll see who I am lol I had Teagan on October 13 of 2003 so our children are very close in age You were due on my birthday lol pretty neat. Well welcome back and nice meeting you.

Penny - I am soooo proud of you!!! You did wonderful today. I never once doubted that you would. So glad you had fun at the reunion. Keep up the good work girl!!

Well I'm going to have ranch chicken without the bacon and a salad and squash (which I substitute for mashed sweet potatoes) and some Broccoli, I'm probably going to come up short on calories again but hopefully I'll at least hit 1000. Well I better finish getting dinner ready, I'll post again after I eat.

Michelle
Old 05-15-2004, 08:10 PM   #10  

Penny - You are so good with the family reunion; there are also temptations everywhere.

Leigh - I work in health care and drs are pressured to inform patients of healthy weight standards, due to malpractice and insurance companies. I think the charts are unrealistic. I do not feel obese. The important thing is that we know that we need to make a change and are doing it.

I didn't get in an offical workout, you know I am all or nothing on the workouts, but we took JW swimming at my MIL/FILs 1st time for about 1 1/2 hour. Dh says that counts. I will probably end the night with some stretches.

Happy Saturday!
meltin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2004, 09:32 PM   #11  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

Hi Ladies!
Hope everyone is having a great night! The boards seem slow tonight but that means I won't have to think alot to address everyone.....

Michelle,
Let me know ASAP on the weigh in tomorrow!!!! You are doing awesome! And supper sounds good!

Melinda,
I know swimming does count as exercise! It is a great workout! Hope you had fun with JW! Did he like the water???? Hope you are doing well!

Well,
I am worried about my weigh in tomorrow. I ended up having my splurge tonight! We went to pizza buffet..... I had three slices of pizza.... You know the ones that look like frozen pizza, and then a small salad..... Yes, I ate too much and now I am hurting...... I didn't have any dessert if that counts for anything...

Oh well I am in this for life! Hopefully it don't hurt me too too bad....

Have a great night! I am going to hopefully turn in early tonight!
Old 05-15-2004, 10:19 PM   #12  
SAHM of 3

Smile well good night or bad night...

Hey girls. I have done really, really bad. I have figured out my problem and now I have to figure out a solution. I do great ALL week and I can handle one day off plan, but when my weekend is out of whack it screws me up. I tell myself to not fold under temptation, but somehow that doesn't work. I have to figure out how to handle the tempts., when I'm away from home. Any ideas...???

Pattie, I welcomed you on my last post, but I didn't introduce myself. I'm Crystal, sahm of 3, Alisa 5y, Ally almost 3y, and Andrew is 17 months. I homeschool. I've been here only about 7 weeks or so, I think sometime at the end of March I joined. I've lost 11 and have lots more to go. I'm not following any plan. I count calories and try to get some exercise in.

Spryng, I did get home fast but we left at 9 am, made it there right after 10, it took about 2 hours to walk through, we had our picnic and came back. It was fast, but that's what I like about that zoo, it's not too big. By the time we were done looking at ALL the animals, we were hungry.

MistyMichele, hi there. I have been around almost 2 months so I don't know you. I had all my intro info in my post to Pattie. Glad you're back and sorry about the tough times. Hope you stick around.

Penny, glad you had fun at the reunion and you stayed OP. Don't worry about that splurge, you expected it last night and didn't do it, so tonight shouldn't matter. Just the one splurge keeps us sane. Of course for me, after one comes another and another and another...

Michelle, ranch chicken sounds great. I actually haven't ever had it and I don't know why. You know I was thinking about doing Atkins up until my weekend escape to try to lose more, but I'm just so afraid I can't do it. If I could I would probably drop another 20 lbs or so and then when I come back from the getaway I could slowly scoot back into this calorie thing. What do you think? Should I even if I can't totally trust myself? The last time I did it, there weren't near the things they have now for low carbers so I might find it alittle easier. I just hate the no fruit thing.

Melinda, I think swimming is DEFINITELY considered strenuous exercise. That's alot of work and they say it works EVERY muscle, so I'd count it.

Well, I'm fixing to watch Matchstick Men. I'll check in in the morning. But quickly, does anyone here like fashion? I love fashion and popular trends and so on, but I'm really stuck and was wanting to get some advice so if anyone of you are really into it, let me know and maybe I'll PM you. Anyway, everyone have a great night.
watkinsguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2004, 10:39 PM   #13  

Penny I'm sure you will be fine with your weigh in tomorrow I will weigh as soon as I get up tomorrow!

Crystal I'm not on Atkins anymore and actually I don't know if you would like it, it is REALLY restrictive outside of meats lol I would go with the South Beach diet if anything it is sooo well rounded I'm sure you would love it AND you don't even need to count calories Cuz you probably would only get about 1200 in in a day because of all the veggies you eat you keep pretty full!! I eat TONS of vegetables every day lol I had to eat 4 cups of veggies for dinner!! My dinners tend to be bigger so I can pack calories in because I get so busy during the day I don't get much of a chance to eat so sometimes I can go all day without eating until dinner time but I'm trying to break that habit

Well I'm gonna lounge around for a bit!!!
Michelle
Old 05-15-2004, 11:06 PM   #14  
soontobethin

Good evening, hope everyone is having a great weekend. Welcome pattie, welcome back Misty. i remember you. Talk to everyone soon.
need2losemore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2004, 11:59 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Good evening all!
Well I tried really hard to get myself in bed by 10 pm tonight, and as you can see it didn't happen. lol.
MISTY!!!!!!! I am sooo glad you are back with us!!! Ginny and Jackie are with us too so you will feel right at home! Wow, is Baylan 6 mos old already? Time flies huh? Tanner will be 11 months old on the 24th! Can you believe that? He started walking at 9 1/2 months and is doing really good. And I will email you a bunch of pictures but I want some of baylan too! 138 lbs sounds fantastic for not being on any specific plan! You will get that weight off in no time. And I will email you some info on WW and I'll check out ebay for you soon, ok? And no we ended up not moving afterall. Decided to buy a new van for our growing family instead of another house. Just doing some work on this one to make it more of our own. And yes I LOVE WW! It has fit into my life so perfectly. It took me 7 months to reach my goal weight but that is ok... I have become a better cook from it for sure. And yes my weight loss slowed way down a few months ago. But I did ok with that. Just took it one day at a time. I lose about 2.5 lbs a month now, so that isn't much but it works for me. I still need to lose inches though. I am so glad you are back with us! Can't wait to catch up with you again!
Crystal, I don't really know any ways to handle temptations away from home except for plan for it. If you are going out to eat get online and check out that restaurants menu and plan ahead what you will order or eat a small snack before you leave so your grumbling tummy won't talk you into bad choices, lol. And drink lots of water to curb that appetite. Remember that we are on that journey and there will be rocks in the road so don't beat yourself up for stumbling every now and then. Just don't let one bad night turn into 2 or more. That must be small zoo to get through in 2 hours. The one we went to was small (smaller than I am used to) and we walked for 5 hours and still didn't see it all. And I think you should steer clear of atkins. Just because you sounded like you really didn't want to do it and you'd miss certain foods. Don't set yourself up for a fall you know? You are doing fine with counting cals, just hang in there... the weight will come off! You'll have to let me know how that movie was. And I LOVE fashion but can't afford most of it. But I like to think I dress trendy and modern. lol. As modern as you can get with cheeto smear on your jeans from sticky fingers, lol.
Penny, drink extra water tonight and you may not see a gain from your dinner... but if you do you know what it is from and it will quickly be gone. Good luck! And spaghetti squash is different from the regular squash. It is a soft yellow color and big and oblong. You half it and steam it and then you use a fork to create spaghetti strands and you can use it like pasta! But the taste is just like yello squash (to me anyway) It was very good tonight smothered with the chicken and sun dried tomato alfredo sauce.
Melinda, how did JW enjoy the pool? Sounds like so much fun. I can't wait until it gets warm enough take Tanner. He loves the water.
Michelle, your dinner sounds so great! I love ranch chicken.
Well, I need to get in bed. TTYL!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote