Old 05-13-2004, 08:33 AM   #1  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Default Stay At Home Moms #169 ;)

Welcome to a thread devoted to those who have the ultimate job of taking care of their family. Here you will find wonderful women raising a family and trying to find time to take care of themselves and their weight too. So if you are a SAHM jump right in and say hello and to all you who have been here before I look forward to a new day with you!!
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2004, 08:43 AM   #2  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Good Morning Ladies!

Crystal,
Sorry You Had Such A Horrible Night! Hope Your Day Goes Better

Michelle,
Congrats On All The Exercise! How Many Days Of The Week Are You Doing It? I Vow To Find A Walk Away The Pounds Dvd Somewhere Today!!!! I'll Let You Know!

Hope Everyone Has A Wonderful Day! My Scale Is Down Again This Morning So I Am Very Excited About My Weigh In This Weekend. ( Ok Michelle, Yes I Did Weigh This Morning....... Lol I Couldn't Help It! )

We Have Our Family Reunion Saturday And We Are Hopefully Moving It To A Community Center B/c We Have Been Flooding With Rain Here Since Monday ..... Yuck! So The Park Is Out Of The Question!

Have A Wonderful Day......... Me And The Kiddos Gotta Run Errands Today To Pay Bills.... Thank Goodness For The Tv In The Van!
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2004, 10:11 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning Ladies!!!

Crystal - Sorry you didn't sleep well, I didn't get much sleep either I was woken up at about 12:30 by my neighbors (the smokers) who were haveing a friggen party. And at 2:30 when they finally succeeded in waking Taylor up I sent hubby outside to set things right, He told them "I can hear everything you are saying I have a wife and 2 kids in there trying to sleep and I have to be up at 4 do you think you can keep it down, either that or I'm going to call the cops." It got quiet really quick, but man was I ticked off cuz I couldn't get back to sleep. Oh yeah my windows were even closed last night and we could still hear everyword thats how loud they were! I peeked out the window this morning and their front porch was COVERED in beer bottles!! Man I wish it wasn't rented out, the only rental property in our neighborhood and I have to live next to them lol. Ok enough of that lol.

Penny - Hey girl Ok I'm convinced of a few things, either I'm in starvation mode, retaining water, or building some good muscle mass because yes I peeked at the scale too and it was 235 I've been working so hard too it was a bit discouraging to see that but its not official weigh in either, So I'm gonna do some more exercise each day maybe add some crunches and some upper body with the resistance bands hopefully WI day will be better. I'm half tempted to go up to hospy and ask to purchase a toilet hat so I can measure my fluids in and fluids out lol. I've had to do INO before and it helped me see I was retaining. ugghhh oh well

Ok enough obsessing!! Sorry guys.

Well the girls first night in their room went pretty well, Taylor slept in there til she was awaken at 2:30 and Teagan stayed in there the whole night! It was really nice having the bed/bedroom to myself!!

Well I better get going I need to pack in 1200 calories today lol, and I need to get some cleaning done. I'll be back later.

Michelle
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2004, 10:24 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Good morning all!
Penny thanks for starting the new thread!!! Ok you have to stop teasing us on your weightloss!! LOL. I am ready to know what your scale says for this week! How much longer do I have to wait!? How many people will be at your family reunion?? Sounds like so much fun. And good luck on that doctor appointment tuesday. I hope you get great news. I know you have been going through this for such a long time.
Crystal, so sorry you had such a bad night. I didn't sleep very much either because of the storm that went through. It thundered and all that ALL night long which kept me up because I thought it was going to scare the kids, but they did just fine. Figure huh? So I got about 4 hrs of sleep also. Well... that just means I'll definitely be catching a nap sometime today.
Jackie, don't rush yourself into a diet if you are not ready. Exercise is a great way to start. Gets that metabolism going so that when you do start a diet plan you'll lose great. And I am so glad you are crawling out of your shell and back with us!!! Please don't leave us again!
Michelle, maybe that is what I need to do also. Picture my "what I want to look like" body to help me exercise more. Great of you to get yours in yesterday even though you didn't feel like it! Maybe I should cut out some pictures of abs and such I would like to have but will only get with real exercise and tape them to my tv so I will do something! Actually I did sit in the floor yesterday and get some crunches in. I've been looking at collagevideos.com for new workout videos that might interest me. I'm just not an aerobic person, I like weight training and toning but not jumping around and all that. So I found a couple I think I may like to order but I'm going to see if I can get them cheaper first before I order them from that site. I love The Firm but it includes aerobics along with the weight training and I hate that part of it. Am I just strange?
Well I was going to go grocery shopping today but since it is still storming I guess I will stay put and go tomorrow. Which is fine with me. I'm running low on everything but I'm sure I can manage three meals for us today. We will have chicken fajitas tonight for dinner. What is everyone else having?
Ok, well I guess I will get off here and start my morning routine. Oh I ordered that Saving Dinner last night (the one recommended on that flylady site) and I can't wait until I get it!!! It's a book full of menus and recipes (healthy ones) for the year with grocery lists and all that and I can't wait to check it out. I got it really cheap on amazon.com. Ok got to get off here. TTYL!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2004, 10:28 AM   #5  

Michelle you snuck in on me! I wouldn't worry about the weight loss this week. You had such a great week last week that your body may need a week to adjust to that, so if you don't lose or lose very little this week it's normal and next week will be great for you. Also if you increase your exercise be prepared to gain or maintain your weight for a little while due to muscle building. But it will pay off in the long run I promise!!! So just hang in there and don't get discouraged. The best thing to do right now is to measure yourself because I guarentee that even though you aren't losing this week you are losing inches. Sorry about your next door neighbors last night. Hopefully they won't do that again. It's weird to throw a party in the middle of week, lol. But maybe that is the kind of people they are.
Ok, I need to get dressed and get my bed made. It's funny but I can't function around here anymore unless I am dressed and my bed is made for the day.... Darn that Flylady!!! LOL. She's put good habits in me!!!
Old 05-13-2004, 10:31 AM   #6  

GERI HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!
Old 05-13-2004, 10:33 AM   #7  

Omg you guys!! I just looked outside again and its Friggen Snowing!!! Like total Blizzard!! I can't believe it!! Man I thought winter was over lol thats just how montana is darn it all anyway. Ok bye again lol

Michelle
Old 05-13-2004, 10:37 AM   #8  

Ok one more post from me lol,

Spryng: Thank you so much for those kind words!! I was really feeling discouraged but that helped So I'm sending you a great big hug!! Thanks again girly, you are great!

Michelle
Old 05-13-2004, 10:56 AM   #9  

Michelle - Snow! That is crazy! We hardly ever get it here. It has been about 90 all week. Measuring in/out is a bit extreme. I hate when you know you have done so good and the scale does not show it. That is why it is so hard for me to weigh in 3 times a week. I will keep you posted on Saturday, so you don't have to hear the ups and downs all week. That is kind of discouraging. Don't give up Stay on Prgoram, you are doing great!

Spryng - I like the Firm videos too, but I have them on tape and hate to rewind them. Isn't that awful. Haven't used them in awhile.

Geri - Happy Anniversary! Enjoy your hubby! Don't you love marriage. I tell dh we need to do some celebrating for you. TMI

Penny - Do you think weaning has made it easier or harder to drop the pounds? How long did the process take? We are going on a trip in Aug for our anniversary and I want to have him weaned by then.

Didn't make MOMs day at the beach. We took JW to the doctor. My mom was afraid he was wheezing. I developed asthma when I was 9 months. BTW, everything is fine, he just has a cold. I felt really good bc the doc said that he has stayed really healthy. He has a cyst on his left hand next to his thumb, but the doc said that is benign. We will check on it though.
Haven't planned my workout yet today! The gym won't work with JW and I don't really want to take him outside. I know get off my butt and do a tape.
I hope everyone has a good day. I will be checking in.
meltin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2004, 01:22 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 242/199/160

Height: 5' 5"

Good Day Everyone!

Spryng: Thanks for the encouraging words. Does that mean I have to go pedal my R. Bike today? I decided after I posted in the wee hours this morning that I definitely need to control what I'm putting in my mouth. I'm not sure what plan yet, but I do know that I need to cut my carbs a bit. I'm not into the extreme low carb diets, but definitely in controlling them. I may go back on the Fit For Life program or WW, I dunno. I just need that thing called "Willpower". Penny: Have fun at your family reunion this weekend! Michelle: Glad to hear that the kiddies slept well on their own. My dd will be 11 y/o in August and since last weeks storm in our area, she decided that she's more comfortable on the floor in our room. "Oh Bother!!"
I thought we were over those days. And for the snow: You can keep it in Montana, okay? As for your exercise: Can you send some incentive my way? Melinda: Did you get off your butt for a workout? If not...maybe we can challenge one another, okay? Glad everything is ok with JW, kids sure can give us a scare once in awhile, can't they? Well, I'd like to stay & visit a little longer, but I better get back to work. See yah all later!

Last edited by Freckles; 05-13-2004 at 01:38 PM.
Freckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2004, 01:38 PM   #11  
bluekitty

Location: Plano, TX (but originally from the pacific northwest)

Default Hmmm...

Hey girls!

I'm not sure who mentioned this good idea yesterday, but I've decided next payday to go on ebay and buy the WW materials. I need a little more structure and finding the caloric content on EVERYTHING is a little time consuming. The points thing sounds cool to use and memorize. This sounds like a great way to do WW and save $$. SO thank you very much to whoever posted that thought.

Michelle, I used to be an apartment manager and dealt w/noisy, rude, obnoxious people. I lost sleep from idiots....I'm sorry you lost sleep last night. That sucks. Enjoy the snow! It's beautiful and I miss it, from when I lived in Spokane.

Everyone: Thanks for your support and encouragement yesterday w/the congrats on my 2# loss. You guys rock.

Later ladies!!
Sarah
bluekitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2004, 02:05 PM   #12  

Hi!
It's me again, lol.

Sarah, yes ebay is a great place to find ww materials. Just make sure you get a kit with the pts slider in it! Very important to have I am think pts are much easier to keep track of than calories. Everything has calories in it, even a stalk of celery but with WW there are some foods that are 0 pts, like some veggies and such that you can have alot of. So I like it better.
Jackie, I wish I had motivation to send you regarding exercise, but I'm doing terrible in that department. I did do my pilates the other night and some crunches yesterday. Babysteps I guess. My r.bike has been sitting in my ds's closet for almost a year now! I'm planning on selling it in a yard sale sometime this year. Sad I know. But I just don't like it anymore. Plus I don't have room in my living room to keep it out. I need small equipment. You did very well on fit for life, I remember. But take it easy and ease yourself into something. I haven't told anyone this yet but my DH is now trying to lose weight. At first he wanted to do atkins (because he eats alot of steaks and such out on the road) and then when he saw he couldn't have mashed potatoes and gravy and all that starchy stuff he loves he thought he'd try WW but keeping up with pts in no name restaurants would be very difficult so he has decided on making better food choices and portion control. That way he doesn't have to count anything. So I weighed him the day he left out for his starting weight (he's at his highest ever at 306 lbs) and we'll see how he has done when he comes home next week. So far he feels like he is doing a good job. I'm going to buy him a little notebook for him to use as a food journal so he can see what and how much he is eating and that way I can help him when he comes home because I have no clue what he eats out on the road. But he cut out all soda right now, even diet and is eating smaller portions. I think it will work great for him I just pray he sticks with it. But I shared this because not all of us have to go find a specific "diet" to work for us. We really can manage our weight on our own by making better choices with our food and smaller portions. So don't feel like you have to go back to fit for life or ww, maybe incorporate some of those principles into your eating habits and go from there and if you hit a dead end then pick out a plan to stick to. JMHO, of course
Melinda, I like my workout videos to be on dvd too. My firm ones are on DVD which makes it nice to just go straight to the part you want to do and no fast forwarding or rewinding (plus I can workout and tape a fav show on tv without it interfearing, lol) so any workout ones I get MUST be on dvd. And I know you posed this question to Geri but I love marriage too!!! LOL. I would be so lost without my Dh and it's crazy how as each year passes the closer we get and more in love and in tune with each other we are, it is the best thing in life, along with the love of our children.
Michelle, I really am so happy I was able to help you! I was watching Oprah not too long ago and she mentioned something about plateaus (or maybe it was dr.phil) but plateaus are important in any weight loss (not that you are on one) but it was brought out that when you go a week or more with no loss and you are 100% OP that it is just your body adjusting to your changes and revving up your metabolism and then you start losing again. I know it feels like we are scale slaves at times but there is more to weight loss than that magical number we want to see. It's about how our clothes fit, how we feel inside, etc. I'm really learning that now. I thought for sure when I hit 130 I would be a size 6 and have no problems spots, lol. naive, I know. Not only am I not even a size 8 yet but I still have flab I want to get rid of and I don't really want or care if the scale goes down, any lbs lost at this point are bonuses but I want to lose some real inches. I want to have firm skin and not soft and squishy, so those are my new goals. To get into a size 8 without losing much more weight but with exercise to tone me up and lose inches. You are very motivated and doing so great and you will hit your goal weight and you'll look so fantastic!!! So don't let that scale control your life, you are doing great and that is a Non-Scale Victory! (as us WWer's call it, lol)

Well I ended up having to venture out in this storm anyway this morning. I realized Tanner only had one diaper left so I had to go to walmart. But I just went to the small one here in town and was in and out. I'll still do my big grocery shopping tomorrow (I go to the supercenter in the next town over for that) but while I was out I got me subway for lunch and it hit the spot. I am addicted to their 6" roast beef (on wheat with no cheese or mayo) and their bakes lays, yum! Only 7.5 pts for it all! But now I should try to get a nap in since we'll be getting more storms tonight and I may not get much sleep again. TTYL!
Old 05-13-2004, 03:02 PM   #13  

WOW!!! *tear* Spryng what an inspirational pep talk, you are saying all the right things lol sounds like hubby when he wants nookie lol I know i know TMI lol. Well I packed a whopping 500 calories into lunch but, I'm stuffed lol. I'm gonna do a 3 mile walk when hubby gets home and do another mile tonight. And I'll be all done with my eating by 6 pm tonight we'll see what tomorrow brings. This morning I just felt horrible because I know I've been working my butt off, quite literally lol I stay on plan and exercise on top of taking care of my children and household, I know it doesn't happen overnight but a girl can dream can't she? lol

On the flip side, I've got some good news!! The neighbors that have been causing me so much grief are moving out today!!! I saw them loading up a few pickup trucks with furniture!!! Yayyyy lets home the next tennants are better behaved lol.

Well I need to finish this monster of a lunch! I will talk to you guys later on.

Michelle
Old 05-13-2004, 03:05 PM   #14  

Spryng you are so right about its all about how you feel inside. You and I are at about the same weight. I think if I did not have my little ones of course my body would be more toned and fit. But everything shifts, hips, butt, breasts, just everything. And I blame it partly on gravity . That is great your husband is trying to lose weight. It must be really difficult being on the road. But I am sure with your support he will make progress. Make sure to tell him its not just about the number it is about HEALTH. I know my husband could probally lose some weight too. I don't know what I would do if something would happen to him. I know even thin people can have heart attacks but, it makes you think when you have some extra weight you are in control of yourself, and especially when you have kids you have to think of your health and future. Well enough rambling on.
Michelle I am glad your husband said something to your neighbors? Are they really young? How annoying, I feel for you.

Well Hi to everyone. Julie
jbbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2004, 03:05 PM   #15  
SAHM of 3

Hi girls, I've had storms this morning that knocked my computer out for a bit. I'm fixing to get a nap in so I'll make this short.
Spryng, sorry you had to get out for the one thing, I absolutely HATE when that happens. Subway sounds extra good right now.
Michelle, sorry about your night. Glad the girls did good though.
Melinda, glad JW is okay and it's just a cold.

Well I haven't gone over this with dh yet, but this is what I've got planned for us. A weekend getaway at a ranch bed and breakfast in our very own log cabin with breakfast both mornings and dinner one night at a local restraunt, our cabin includes a jacuzzi bathtub for two and fully equipped with kitchen and everything. The rest of the ranch has a patio and cabana with hot tub, sauna, and pool. We can fish or paddleboat or ride horses. Are you ready for this, Hot Springs, AR. It's about 4 hours from me. How much fun does this sound like. All less than $400.00 and includes little things like a dozen red roses, a box of chocolates and a bottle of wine in our cabin. I think I might want to move there. I can't wait. The trip we thought about to Turner Falls would have a cabin with a hot tub, but we would have to take our own food and cook it and with everything there it would be only about $25.00 less than the trip to Hot Springs. It's hands down for me. I think dh will be excited he said yesterday if we are gonna do it, lets just do it. We haven't been out like this since I was 4 months pregnant with Ally which is almost 3 years and that was just a casino in Vegas. That doesn't compare to the Hot Springs thing. So anyway, I'll get personal later. I just wanted to share that with all of you.
TTYL
watkinsguru is offline   Reply With Quote