Old 05-08-2004, 06:50 PM   #1  

Cool Get me motivated..please!!!

I haven't been here in so long. It is amazing to see the same people here, I raise my hat to you. That is great for such commitment. I need help to get motivated to start another "diet". I know I desperately need to, but don't know what to try. If anyone has any suggestions please let me know what is working best for you. Thanks for listening. Have a great Mother's Day! and weekend for the guys!
Blossom777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2004, 07:35 PM   #2  
Born Loser

S/C/G: 490/See Tracker/245

Hey good to see you here Blossom. There is a great group of people here aren't there. I too have been away along time and have been welcomed back with open arms. I love this group.

I do calorie counting myself. That is what has always come easy to me. I do 1800 a day and my wife does 1600. I think this type of diet helps you to learn to eat right. It's something you can keep with after you lose your weight. You don't really need to learn to eat different just smaller. Unless if you are a junk food junkie like me. We have been eating a lot healthier the last couple weeks and it has been great. Plus there are no packaged foods to buy or anything like that.

What ever you choose this is the place to stay. I think the biggest factor in losing is to have a good support group that can help you through the rough times.
howie6267 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2004, 10:10 PM   #3  
Believe

Height: 5'7"

Hi Blossom! Like Howie said, there's a great group of people here so hopefully one of us will give you some motivation. The most important thing is that you need to stop trying to start another "diet"! You need to find something that you can incorporate as a way of life not a "diet". Take it one day at a time, and don't try to change everything at once. Start by decreasing your portion sizes, then add in other changes (the first thing I did when I started Weight Watchers was to completely elimnate all soda's even diet sodas). And start adding in exercise - again do it gradually unless you're already active.

Good luck to you on your weight loss journey!
Melissa
melsfolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2004, 10:03 AM   #4  

I second what melsfolly said. This has to be something you can do for the rest of your life. Even when you reach your weight loss goals you will still have to deal with your relationship to food on a daily basis. Just start off small and work to make these changes into habits. This really is a great support group. Just don't be afraid to share the bad stuff as well as the good, because when things aren't going well is when you'll need the support them most. Good luck Blossom, you can do this!

Beverly
boiaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2004, 11:59 AM   #5  

Heya Blossom, I agree with everything everyone else has said. Key being incorperating eating habits that you can keep with you for a lifetime as opposed to just doing it for "dieting". I know how hard it is to get motivated to exercise, but that is very important also. It really pays of tremendously in the end. I knew loosing weight was not going to be easy and at first it was very hard for me, but I am getting comfortable with the eating habits now, and I don't much feel that it is a "diet" anymore. Finding great low fat recipes on the net has helped me. Another bonus for me is that my kids are starting to like some of the recipes that I am getting also, so I am teaching them healthy eating also! That is very important to me. I don't want them going through what I have. Blossom, give yourself small challenges for the week and make yourself accountable to them by posting them here. We will give you great encouragement. To me, making oneself accountable is a wonderful motivation. I look forward to hearing more from you about your weight loss journey.
Tammy32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2004, 01:07 PM   #6  

Hi Blossom,

This is a great place full of wonderful people. If you need a dose of Motivation, check out the Maintainers forum and have a read through what people have done. It is very inspirational and there are lots of life/health lessons there. People share very freely in an effort to help others. Just my thought. Remember, it is a new way of eating healthy never a diet - a diet denotes deprivation and that can set one up for failure. Healthy eating respects healthy choices and being good and kind to your body.

The secret to my ability to lose weight is kickboxing. I love it. If you haven't tried it, give it a shot and see what you think. I look forward to getting to know you better and you can and will do this! We all will.

Jenaya

297/266/170
Jenaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2004, 09:33 PM   #7  

Hi Blossom. Thanks for placing this post. I had the same question but everyone seems to have a plan and its nice to know someone else doesnt have one set yet. The replies were very helpful. My starting wt and current wt are the same too. :-) I think yours is the first Ive seen!! I felt so much better when I saw that that thank GOD Im not alone!!
TaraJW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2004, 10:00 PM   #8  
Believe

Height: 5'7"

Welcome to the forum Tara! All of us started out with our weights the same for the starting and current weight (or at least most of us) so jump on in!

Melissa
melsfolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2004, 10:11 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 247/177.5/130

Height: 5'3"

Yo've come to the right place. This bunch of guys and gals are pretty awesome. You want motivation... you got it! You can do it. We're your cheering section.. Go Blossom Go! GO GO GO! GREAT LUCK AND SUCCESS TO YOU!

I almost forgot... My plan~! I set up a binder with lots of goodies... Such as a food journal tab, meal planning, low fat low cal meals, measurement record and other miscelaneous items for quick reference.

I count calories, watch fat and carb intake with my meals, eat dinner no later than 6:30 pm but I do have a very small snack (50-75 cal) around 9:00pm. My dietician says that keeping your metabolism going overnight is a great way to burn calories while you sleep! Exercise is key and drink plenty of water. It seems to be working and I am enjoying all the food I am eating. I think the main thing is to get excited about "Designing" you plan. Be creative and choose foods that you like. There are tons of food products out there to accommodate every plan!

Last edited by tolose85; 05-11-2004 at 10:17 PM.
tolose85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004, 07:47 PM   #10  

That binder idea is great!! I knew some people kept journals or food logs but the binder ideas with recipes is great! Thanks for sharing that.
TaraJW is offline   Reply With Quote