Old 05-10-2004, 12:27 PM   #1  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Smile Chit Chat #47

WELCOME to the Jaded Ladies!

This is a very warm and friendly group of ladies who talk about everything. Who also provide daily support in our everyday lives, as well as our walk towards a healthier lifestyle.

We would love for you to join us.
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2004, 12:40 PM   #2  
One day at a time

Default Happy Monday All~

Marti~sending ((((((hugs)))))) your way and well wishes for the day. I know how hard funerals are, just know you are in my thoughts.

Jana~have fun planning the party! Glad you ladies had a wonderful Mother's Day and the guys did all the work. THANKS for the card, that is a cute one!

Katie~glad you too had a nice Mother's Day. So how long are you going to be in Montana?? Have a safe and fun trip and enjoy your visit with your mom.

Angie~glad you too had a wonderful Mother's Day. Have you heard anything yet about the show?

Well, it is a gloomy day here today in the midwest. We are supposed to get quite a bit of rain the next few days, we'll see. Nothing much going on, doing some straightening up and a little bit of cleaning. Will finally catch up on some reading today. Checked out three books at the library last week and they are due next Monday so I need to get them finished. One is the Atkins program-hate the word diet-not sure I will try it, but wanted to see what it is all about. My cousin lost 30 pounds following it and she liked it, so we will see. WW works for me if I just follow it! So not sure why I would want to try something else. I just want to see results fast and think if one thing isn't fast enough then something else will be. Yeah, yeah, I know it won't be and I need to be patient and lose slowly. Just need to get that in my brain. Okay, starting to babble.

Have a great day!
Old 05-10-2004, 02:31 PM   #3  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

It is just starting to cloud up here after a sunny morning. I spent it in the dentist chair. ugh... Now I have my usual "after the cleaning" headache.

Wonderful day yesterday as it was also my daughter's birthday and we all went out to eat. Both youngun's in CA called and wished me a happy day, even though they had sent cards. I, in turn called my mom.

Sounds like everyone had a nice day, and keeping busy today.

Marti..I have been thinking of you today. I hope the letter from your grandma helped ease some of the pain of her passing.

Christi...Is there a book or info on WW that I can find without going to meetings? I am having a terrible time right now with the diet. Perhaps I need something new and structured.

suetalks...
suetalks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2004, 07:19 PM   #4  

Height: 5'1"

Hello ladies--

Well today services for grandma was beautiful. Not a dry eye in the church. Saw some family that I haven't seen in YEARS......and I always find it sad that it's this type a thing that brings them home. But at least they paid their respect. My grandparents had chosen the cemetary that is just up the hill from their home. When we were up there, we were able to see their yard. Perfect resting place.

I am far behind in the school thing. Has been the last thing on my mind. And my diet (if I ever was on one) has been thrown out the window also!! I can't believe all the desserts and sweets that we bring to gatherings to help us cope. (does it really) Well of coarse I had to try it ALL out.

So starting tomorrow, I'm back to watching what I eat. Try to get some exercise and try to get caught back up to with all the homework I've accumulated.

I want to thank you all for thinking of me and my family during this time. It has meant so much to me. I told my family about you all and how you are like my family...even though we haven't met. (but someday we shall!)

I just wanted to pop in for a little bit and let you all know that I will be back tomorrow for my posting. Missed you all.

Marti
Marti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2004, 07:44 PM   #5  
kitty Momo

Afternoon-

Many warm thoughts for you and your family Marti. I didn't say it earlier but what a lovely gift from your grandma in the note she left. I think I would probably put it in a picture frame and hang it on the wall.

I went and saw my grandmother yesterday. She is 93 and frail. I have never been close with her, though I was named after her. I always felt she favored the males in the family. I also grew up heavy and I heard a lot of "what a pretty face you have Susan, too bad you can't lose some weight- "
Anyway- took my girls there and sat in her living room.We had a pleasant visit.
It is my grandfather that died in 1977 that I miss. I remember he would sit in his chair and give us peppermints- always so nice to me.
What a babble.........lol

Yes, it is a sweet flower pot from Rebecca- Jana I got a #1 Mom Brochure from Rachel- she drew 3 girls and she wrote " notice the smiles"....I thought it was sweet of them- means a lot.

I didn't make Breakfast Club ( hey............I have a 2 year old!!! I did sign up for a Dinner for 8 thing that the church is doing. You meet at a home and have a small dinner (duh- with 8 people....lol) so that is coming up.

Curious what a Strike Party is too Angie.

Katie- I feel for your son being deployed in Sept.I am glad you had a nice Mothers Day-

Cristi- We are having a gloomy day here in Portland also -rain on and off- smart me wore open toe shoes Oh -ya...........love yor new signature!!

Better get back to work! YAY- Having a great day! My work hours are back to 10PM- don't like that much but that is ok-
Get my own office space next week- get the supervisors computer and supplies.Didn't see the MM- though I am sure he is somewhere .....lol
I did see the painter- darn if he is married- he is really dreamy *sigh*
Sound like a school girl.
Speaking of which- Rebecca stayed home sick from school.Hope she is feeling better- should call her........

Ok.............best get!!
Mom2Gaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2004, 08:04 PM   #6  
RosieKate

Default Welcome back Marti!

We missed you! Glad the funeral went well...I was thinking good thoughts for you...

Hope everyone had a great mother's day. Mine went pretty well. As I mentioned over in 21 day challenge, I'd been wrassling with a migraine and DH gave me the gift of peace and quiet so I could take a nap. It helped immensely. My family gave me a print of the painting I liked from the Rau collection at the Portland Art Museum. Very appropriate as it's a Mary Cassatt painting of a mother and her child. (I posted a link to it a few days back) My son (age 7) gave me a bunch of homemade coupons to be redeemed for things like "washing dishes", "car wash", "kisses", etc. Very cute! I redeemed the "kisses" coupon immediately

Susan - I managed to catch the plant sale after church on Sun. Did you make it? I ended up with some basil, tomatoes, some flowering perennial my son liked (can't remember the name, cranesbill or something like that). I had to chuckle. They had bags of grape hyacinth bulbs, which grows like a weed in my yard. Every year I yank out more and more. It's one of those plants that looks nice in everyone else's yard, but in mine it looks like a weed. Certainly wouldn't PAY for more!

Jana - Your Mother's day sounds awesome! Once upon a time we used to all get together and let the men cook for us, but people have started going different directions so the tradition kind of pooped out.

Sue - I know you were asking Christi, but I thought I'd mention that WW does have an online program, if you can't go to meetings. I've checked it out, but I decided to work on this on my own til my birthday and if I just can't get it together, I may look into a paid program. Don't know yet what i'm going to do. I kind of feel like you do, that I may need more structure.

Christi - I'm right there with you on the "D" word. I try to say "healthy habits" or "eating healthy" especially now that I have two kids who watch me and are picking up on everything that I focus on. I don't want them to grow up with a mom who thought of eating in terms of diet and deprivation, which is what I did. Hey - DH's aunt lost 50 lbs on Atkins, so there's another success story for ya. Certainly makes one curious, doesn't it?

Oh - this is getting long! Hope everyone is off to a good week. My weigh-in today was another no-change But, you know, I'm feeling ok about it - it wasn't a gain.
Cheers!
RosieKate
Old 05-10-2004, 09:17 PM   #7  
kitty Momo

Hi RosieKate

My ex bought a maple tree for a $1......I didn't make it though. I did drive through the parking lot at 7pm that night
Gabrielle akways wants to play in the playground .
Thinking it isn't opened to the public though?? Gab fusses so much- pretty neat things to play with in that fenced in area

Do you ever go to Vermont Hills Coffee?? Really, the BEST coffee I have tasted-- wish they could be on my side of town.
Very cute what your 7 year old son made for you - the coupon book and all.....

Hi Sue!! Came back because didn't mean to over look you Glad you had a good Mothers Day

Better go...........TTFN
Old 05-10-2004, 11:35 PM   #8  

Evening ladies--

I was sitting here alone missing James (he's on night shift this week) and I thought why not stop in and say hello?

I went over my homework and I have to say....I had no idea what I needed to do so I'm just going to have to get back into school and go from there. I'm not too worried about it.

Sounds like everyone had a great Mothers Day. I didn't do too much. I did take Jhanai to my grandparents and we spent most of the morning over there. We have a lot of family in town so it was nice to visit. Jhanai made me a beautiful Mothers Day card. Crafty thing. She made it in school. I saw the same technique on a scrapbooking show and I told her that I might use that idea for one of my pages if I ever get back to doing it! I also got a call from my son. I wasn't home at the time so I only got a message on the machine, but that was nice.

I got a call from his mother the day my grandma passed away. She was planning on coming down over the weekend to see her.....I felt bad telling her that she had gone. And of coarse she felt terrible that she called so late. I asked her how tall he was and what he looked like and her answer surprised me!! He is 5'10, 165lbs. and very stocky boy.(muscles she says)....hmmm....well he didn't get that from me and he definately didn't get that from his dad! (I even told that to Thom ) He sounded more built like James!! They plan on visiting us soon. That will be a very nice visit and I'm looking forward to it.

So does anyone want to come over and mow my lawn?? It's so tall it's getting crazy!! (I almost lost both dogs this morning in it!) Now why can't my hair grow that fast?! I need to get out there and do some landscaping. I also need to weed some area's that are also getting neglected. My whole house is in a shambles...I'm in the middle of laundry right now! My grandpa plans on giving me some Dahlia starts to plant around the house......my favorite from their yard! Always loved getting pictures of Jhanai in their flower gardens!

Well looky me.....I'm gone a few days and when I get back....I'm not stop yappin!! Look out girls!

Time to throw the laundry in the dryer and put in the next load.

You all have a good night.

Marti
Old 05-11-2004, 12:34 AM   #9  
Not Giving Up

Height: 5'9"

Good evening ladies.

I haven't been able to get on the computer for a few days so I will catch up later. Just wanted to give Marti a great big hug. Actually it is a big group hug that includes Jhanai and James also.

And say hi to everyone else. I will try and pop back in tomorrow.

Kathy
luckycharm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2004, 08:31 AM   #10  
GmaTo8

Good morning ladies,

Katie - hope you had a good time with your mom and a safe trip. I don't understand how they can send more troops to Iraq but don't get me started... I also remember Monday Monday and used to sing Lundy Lundy because the boy I had eyes for had that last name, lol. I was 14 or so, lol.

Schumley Susan - welcome!! Hope you'll jump in here and tell us what's going on for you today.

Cristi - when I go to the library I try and find an author who has lots of books in print. That way, if I like the first one, there are more to feed the need, lol.

Suetalks - glad you had a nice Mother's Day.

Marti - how sweet that your son left a message. Hope you get to see him soon. Don't worry about the food ... there's a good reason they call it comfort food, right?

Susan - the church dinner sounds so nice! The church you go to seems to do a lot of Fellowship, which is great! Hope Rebecca is feeling better today.

RosieKate - hope you are over the migraine and gla you had a good Mother's Day.

Kathy - hi, glad you popped in.

Hi to the others...

Today I am going to organize my closet better. I've got to get another shoe shelf and get rid of some things I'm just not gonna ever wear. Seems like I just did that! The good thing is, I am constantly taking things out that are too big now. YAY! Did I tell you my sister Mary Lou joined WW? It is nice to have someone to call and talk points with, lol.

Bbl,
Jana
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2004, 08:39 AM   #11  
GmaTo8

Talking

Just in case I don't get back before tomorrow morning, I wanted to say....

Happy 45th Birthday, Cristi!!

You're catchin' up with me, missy! Hope you have a great day tomorrow!
Jana
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2004, 10:35 PM   #12  

Boy....are we all a bunch of busy ladies....only one post?

I felt like I had such a long day today!! Going back to school without having had much sleep all week is hard. But I suppose I'll survive. Tomorrow ought to be the toughy day....accounting is a class that if you miss a day, you're behind,,,,and I've missed three. Hmmmm....will I have to audit this one too? (I don't think so....I'll struggle and get through it)

Just came back from my grandpa's.....told him that he's going to get sick of seeing me pop in everyday....he just shook his head and said "Naw...I don't think that will ever happen" Sweet. And of coarse, I got the stubble rub on the cheek before I left!! (ouch!)

Well ladies, my post is going to be short...I have this throbbing headache that isn't going away. I need to post on the challenge and then take some asprin and tackle more homework.....(so that's where the headache is coming from!)

You all have a good night!

Marti
Old 05-11-2004, 11:17 PM   #13  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Just a quick hello. I just did some sewing today and cleaned the kitchen. How can a house with just 2 adults get so messy? We went to watch a tee ball game....our neighbors 5 year old was playing. He comes over here and "visits" with my hubby in the garage. I had forgotten how precious those first games are. We stopped for dinner at a local diner and I did ok. Not much going on here for the rest of the week.
Just hope I can get my walks in and eat right.

Sue
suetalks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2004, 11:22 PM   #14  
kitty Momo

Happy Birthday Cristi!!!![/

Wishing you a wonderful birthday!

Just popping in. I had a good day, though it has been a long one. I think I finally went to sleep last night at 1am and Gabster woke me up at 7am,,,,,,so wanted to sleep in!!

Rebecca leaves tomorrow for an overnighter at her school. She packed herself and is all set to go.....miss her already.

I guess that is it - not much going on.

Oh-Jana. Yes, the church I attend is very social. Members have to get involved though because it is a big church. I still don't know that many people after 1 year.Cross fingers that the dinner thing is enjoyable.....

ok- out of here!!!

Your grandpa sounds like a sweety , Marti

Last edited by Mom2Gaby; 05-11-2004 at 11:26 PM.
Old 05-12-2004, 12:50 AM   #15  
One day at a time

Smile

Hi Ladies~

Sorry I am too pooped to do individuals but please know that I was and am thinking of you all. I have been so busy today and tomorrow won't be any better. DH is taking off work and we have a full schedule. I will be sure and post individuals Thursday.

THANKS Jana and Susan for the birthday wishes! Jana :ssh: you're not supposed to tell my age!!! Just kidding, I don't have a problem with it at all. But ya know, it was kind of weird seeing the big 45-I forgot how old I was! And yeppers, I am catching up with you Jana.

Okay, ladies it is late and I need to hit the hay. Take care and everyone have a HAPPY HUMP DAY tomorrow.