Old 05-07-2004, 05:28 PM   #1  
SAHM of 3

Post Stay At Home Mom's #165

Welcome to a thread devoted to those who have the ultimate job of taking care of their family. Here you will find wonderful women raising a family and trying to find time to take care of themselves and their weight too. So if you are a SAHM jump right in and say hello and to all you who have been here before I look forward to a new day with you!!
watkinsguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 10:17 PM   #2  
2BoysMom

Hi guys,

Not much new here today. Hung out with the boys. Mom came over for dinner because I had a 3.5 lb pork roast that was going to get old if I didn't cook it soon. It turned out great!!

That's about it. Boring day. Dh is going to be on nights again next week so hopefully I won't go too insane! I don't know how Spryng does it. It's only been a week and I've already threatened to leave a couple of times . Of course I won't really go

Have a wonderful night everyone. Check in on you again tomorrow.
Chubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 10:27 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Hi guys!! I had such a busy day with running errands and grocery shopping then my sister called and said she needed help at the daycare that she works in so I went and helped her for a few hours. I have my niece and nephew over for the evening, my niece is staying over and my sister is going to come pick up her son a little later she needed some time away. Ugghhh I didn't eat all day until dinner time but I packed in my calories, thats what I get for having no time for myself. Oh well tomorrow will be better.
Well I'm gonna rock my nephew to sleep (hopefully ) I will talk to you guys later! I hope you all had a wonderful day sorry not to get personal.
Michelle
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 11:41 PM   #4  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Hey Michelle,
I was wondering what happened to you this evening! How are you doing? Busy seems! You are going to have a great loss this week I am so proud of you
Crystal,
CONGRATS on Breaking the 200 Mark! YAH! You are well on your way!

Geri,
You are down 22 lbs! I just want to tell ya congrats on the great job you are doing I'm glad you enjoyed your roast. Was it beef? We eat deer here mostly. Hope your week goes ok w/ dh working

Spryng,
Enjoy your dh! I hope you have a great day at the zoo! I know it will be a blast. How's the weather there for the weekend? I have been doing flylady for about one yr now but the kids can mess up faster than i can clean up...LOL

Melinda,
How is everything going for you? Are you enjoying the yoga? How is the new plan working for you. I have been battling "weaning blues". It is getting better each day but it is still hard to wean, NOT milk wise... just emotional. My milk supply has been delepting just fine and no wraping, pumping etc. It is nothing to it!

Sarah,
Hope you have a wonderful mother's day with Kyle! Enjoy your company and congrats on resisting the temptations!

Cindi,
How did dh's interview go? Is your son feeling better? Prayers to him!

Ricci,
How are you doing? How did the yard sale go?

HOPE EVERYONE HAS A GREAT NIGHT!
Candy, Jessi, Ginny! Get here soon!

Doing great here! Missing my kids My mil asked if she could keep Hunter and Nicholas for the night! I wish they were back! My kids never stay the night anywhere! I don't ever feel like it is a break from them b/c I always worry about them.

Anyhow, My scale is down YAH! And I had my cheat night today and didn't cheat that much! Felt great! I will post results on Sunday! Mother's Day

My high school sweetheart is my hubby Love em to death

My stats:

Favorite Color: Purple

Birthday: October 28, 1980

Anniversary: October 29, 1999

Education: One Semester of College

Job History: Worked at my parents store for 5 yrs., Rental Property Manager, VP Secretary of a Seed & Lawn Company, NOW A SAHM!!!!!

Favorite Music: Christian Music, Pop

Religion: Catholic

Kids Names & Ages: Hunter Landon, 4 Nicholas Patrick 3, Andrew Thomas 11 months

DH'S Name: Brad

Favorite Time of Day and Why: Late Night, I get a little time to myself

What Would You Have Done If You Hadn't Gotten Married: Finished College B.A. in Elementary Education ( I will go back!)
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2004, 08:02 AM   #5  
Walking away the weight

Default Vacation's Over

I'm back from Florida. I have to go back and read aqbout what ya'll have been up to once DS takes a nap. DH and I had a wonderful time, but I think I'm back to square 1 with my weight!! So tomorrow I'll begin anew. Right now, I think I pickep up a virus along the way and am feeling yucky. More later - just wanted to check in and tell ya'll that I miussed you gals
Loveliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2004, 08:54 AM   #6  

Welcome back Leigh! Hey don't worry about the weight I think its great you had a wonderful time in florida, now that you aren't on vacation just hop right back on the wagon!! You'll lose it in no time

Ugghhh so my daughter Teagan was up at 5 am this morning and of course I have to wake up feeling like crap!! My right ear is killing me and it gets worse when I swallow, so I'm guessing I probably have an ear infection. I'm going to go to urgent care if its not better by monday since most ear infections tend to be viral rather than bacterial. Maybe I'll have hubby use an earwax candle on me and see if it relieves the pressure. Tomorrow is weigh in and I'm excited!!

My niece stayed the night last night and when I woke up she was hugging taylor in her sleep it was so adorable. They fought a bit last night but hopefully they will be better today til my sister comes to pick her up!

Well I'm going to try and rest and wait for hubby to come home.
TTYL
Michelle
Old 05-08-2004, 09:04 AM   #7  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

WELLLLLLLLLLCOMEEEEEEEE Back Leigh,

You are doing just fine! I think I would be off plan on vacation some too! Just start back fresh! Did you have a good time?

Michelle,
Sry you aren't feeling well today Hope the day gets better!

Have a great day everyone!

BE Back Later!
Old 05-08-2004, 09:57 AM   #8  
Ready for ACTION!!!

Thumbs down Morning

Half my family is sick now. I have a sore throat and TOM, yippeee for meee! Christian is STILL running a fever, guess I need to call the doc back.

I had a brownie yesterday, and ya know, it didn't even taste that good. Maybe I have at least broken my chocolate addiction. I didn't even crave it PMS. I ate lettuce instead, strange!!

DH is waiting for his second interview, but it looks very good at this point for him. Praying hard for this one, I think he'd love it.

Welcome back, Leigh, we missed you. Just jump back in!! You know you can do it.

Baby is crying, gotta go. Sorry for all the short posts. Hope it gets better soon!!
BIGtimeLOSER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2004, 10:33 AM   #9  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

Cindi,
Sry you aren't feeling well And about the lettuce thing! That is wonderful! Maybe you have broken your addcition! YAH!
Good Luck to DH! I will keep you in my prayers

Hope you start feeling better
Old 05-08-2004, 10:45 AM   #10  
2BoysMom

Good morning chickies

Cindi, sorry you're not feeling well. Hope you can chase that bug out of your house soon! I didn't think it was possible to break a chocolate craving Dr Phil says if you don't eat refined sugar for a while that it just doesn't taste good anymore...well, I beg to differ. I still love it in moderation of course.

Michelle, hope your ear gets better very quickly!!

Hey Leigh, welcome back How was your trip? Want to hear all about it...where were you, etc? We'll get you back on the wagon here. Hope you have a couple of hours to catch up on posts! These ladies talk alot Our computer is in our basement rec room so I don't get down here much during the day once the weather gets nice enough to get out. Hope you're feeling better soon too!

Penny, I'll ship my boys over to you for the night anytime you need some extras The night Dh & I had our last date we stayed at a hotel and we both missed the boys...but not til morning . Good to see you had some time for a nice long post!! The roast was a pork roast...my favorite!

Got my 4 mile super challenge walk in this morning. Dh only worked til midnight last night because there was lightening (can't run heavy equip when there's lightening...they're rebuiling a major freeway here..he's an engineering inspector (sort of)...anyway he's watching Tony upstairs so I didn't have an interruptions).

Hi to everyone else out there. I won't list names because I don't want to hurt the feelings of whoever I forget !! No big plans for the day...we'll see what comes up. Talk to you all later! Have a great day.
Chubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2004, 05:12 PM   #11  

Wow!! really slow day here. I hope everyone is doing well!!

Michelle
Old 05-08-2004, 06:01 PM   #12  
SAHM of 3

I'm back girls. I had the homeschool bookfair today. I'm back and pooped. I'm gonna relax while ds is sleeping and go through my stuff from the bookfair. Glad to see everyone doing good. I'll check in later.
watkinsguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2004, 09:39 PM   #13  

Default Happy Mothers Day!!

I found this on the Fat Chicks on the Beach and thought we would like it here.

Tribute to Motherhood
"All that I am or ever hope to be, I owe to my angel Mother." -- Abraham Lincoln (1809-1865)

"God could not be everywhere and therefore he made mothers." -- Jewish proverb

"Of all the rights of women, the greatest is to be a mother." -- Lin Yutang

"The heart of a mother is a deep abyss at the bottom of which you will always find forgiveness." -- Honore' de Balzac (1799-1850)

"My mother was the most beautiful woman I ever saw. All I am I owe to my mother. I attribute all my success in life to the moral, intellectual and physical education I received from her." -- George Washington (1732-1799)

"By and large, mothers and housewives are the only workers who do not have regular time off. They are the great vacationless class." -- Anne Morrow Lindbergh (1907- )

"The mother's heart is the child's schoolroom." -- Henry Ward Beecher (1813-1887)

"Youth fades; love droops, the leaves of friendship fall; A mother's secret hope outlives them all." -- Oliver Wendell Holmes (1809-1894)

"I remember my mother's prayers and they have always followed me. They have clung to me all my life." -- Abraham Lincoln (1809-1865)

"The most important thing a father can do for his children is to love their mother." --Author Unknown
Old 05-08-2004, 09:48 PM   #14  

Good evening ladies!!

Everyone must be having a busy weekend!! So I'll just babble on about nothing really lol. So anyway I got a 2 mile walk in today even though I really didnt feel like doing it I just made myself go down and do it and I feel a bit better now! I had a cup of green beans and a tuna wrap for dinner and a oatmeal peanutbutter cookie for dessert which doesn't contain any Sugar or Flour. It only has 1 cup all natural peanut butter 1 cup of old fashioned oatmeal 1 cup splenda and 2 eggs and a tsp of vanilla mix it all together and then form balls of dough and place on a sprayed baking sheet and flatten with a fork, bake in the oven for 10-12 min at 350. Now how many ever cookies you make divide that by 8 and that is your serving, I myself make 8 balls of dough so I have a one serving cookie. but these are high in fat because of the peanut butter but they work for me to add in some calories
My hubby is doing a project with Taylor right now to give me for mothers day, (not that I had to tell him to do it or anything )

Anyway I just thought I'd come say hello I hope to hear from some of you soon.

Michelle
Old 05-08-2004, 10:14 PM   #15  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

OOOH OOOOOH ! I'm still here.......lol

Crystal,
Wasn't your goal to be under 200 by the Homeschool Fair??? I can't remember to well but I thought that you had said! Well if so, CONGRATS

Geri,
Congrats on the four mile walk! How long is that one? I am going to get some soon! Just a matter of time! When do you go back to TOPS?

Well I have had a great day! My hubby bought me a 11pc patio set for Mother's Day! I tell ya I will have a tan this summer b/c I will be on it all summer! It is so comfie It is a sling back set that reclines. It also has two foot rests so you can lay the chairs back and make it into a lounge chair! VERY NICE!!!!

Anyhow Have a great night and a SUPERTIFIC MOTHERS DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!