South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-06-2004, 11:56 PM   #1  

Default where are do you all lose weight first?

i've been on SBD for about 3 weeks now. and i haven't lost much weight the last 2 weeks, pretty much the same weight i was at the end of week 1. but i have been taking measurements of myself and noticed that i've been shrinking a bit. and in the last 2 weeks, nothing has been changing at all except my thighs! they just keep getting smaller but nothing else is moving! i guess i should be happy that anything is decreasing but my real trouble spot is my stomach and its not budging.

ugh! why is it always the trouble spots that are the last to go! does this happen to other ppl to?

on the up side i haven't seen my mom in a month (i started SBD while she was gone) and when she saw me she said i looked like i had lost alot of weight. only 5 lbs but i guess its showing!
Old 05-07-2004, 01:27 AM   #2  
~ Berry Happy ~

My face seems to be the first place I lose weight. If I lose 10 lbs - you can see it in my face. Once I start losing more, the next place to go is my stomach. (Which is a good thing.) I wish my legs would go though!
Old 05-07-2004, 03:54 AM   #3  
Chickpea

I think my *** may be shrinking first because my underwear feel a bit saggy in the back. Still waiting for the belly to reduce more. If it doesn't I wonder if I am retaining water there.... My progress is slow. Started about Mar. 24 this year. But I am happy that it is something I can do for life. Next project: get to sleep earlier!
Old 05-07-2004, 07:22 AM   #4  

Height: 5'-2"

My face is the first to go. Then my legs. This is the fattest I've ever been, and I'm anxious for the rolls on my back to go.
Old 05-07-2004, 07:43 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

No idea! Maybe my armpits?
Old 05-07-2004, 09:25 AM   #6  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

I lost first in my boobs then my face and neck area I wish my butt and thighs would lose some.
Old 05-07-2004, 09:42 AM   #7  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Ruth!

Actually, I wouldn't mind losing some fat from my armpits... It might help reduce the arm waddle I have going on. (did anyone else watch Ally McBeal back in the day?)

I have no idea where I lose my weight. It's been so long since I have lost any! At this point, I would really like to lose in my belly (which hangs down at least five or six inches and is huge!) or in my boobs...they are way, way, way too big!

I was going to get a breast reduction done because I could not see myself losing all the weight (this was pre-SBD), but a friend told me that her mother had done the same, only to end up losing her weight and ending up with breasts the size of raisins!

Has anyone else considered a breast reduction if the diet does not do it for you? I was a C back when I was skinny, and that was way too big.
Old 05-07-2004, 10:02 AM   #8  
Recovering chocoholic

I want to lose weight on my legs but instead start by losing on the stomach and waist and boobs which I'm already happy with and want to keep the same. The legs seem to be last its sooo unfair
Old 05-07-2004, 10:14 AM   #9  
Goddess In Her Mind

S/C/G: 215/215/150

Ruth, you are too funny!

I have had very similar experiences with losing a lot of weight in my legs. Also, I've been on the diet since the end of March and the scale has hardly budged since the first week! Frustrating.

But now I'm starting to see the loss in other areas like my face and a bit of my stomach. Still, the scale doesn't budge. I have increased my exercise so I'm hoping some of it is muscle weight. I could also do better about drinking my water. I think I could drop 3 pounds in a week if I just drank enough water for a few days.

At the same time, I know this is a good plan for me because I feel better and, after the first two weeks, I have more energy. For the first time I've found something I can stick to so I don't have the same stress over the scale as I do with other diets. I'm not suffering with food limitations so I can have a little faith that, even if its slow, the weight will come off!
Old 05-07-2004, 09:39 PM   #10  

My tummy was the most noticable first. My face is thinner now, too -- but I'm pretty much losing evenly all over. Got a new haircut (short!) to celebrate the new "younger" me!
Old 05-08-2004, 12:15 AM   #11  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

i had a c section 11 months ago and my belly finally started going bye bye!

SEE YA LATER BELLY AND NEVER COME BACK!
Old 05-09-2004, 04:31 AM   #12  

I seem to have lost it around the middle of my body. Thighs, hips, bum and waist. I notice it because my pants are much looser and some don't fit anymore.
Old 05-09-2004, 11:45 PM   #13  
resident lactivist

I mainly loose from my lower-body, because my main exercise is walking. I lose from my face too. Breasts...can't tell with them, they're filled with milk. I've been lactating for more than two years straight now! Eventually (in probably another two years, since I intend to let both girls wean themselves), I will probably be getting a breast reduction. It'd really be nice to be able to buy my bras in a store again, rather than having to order them through the mail. (Though I did get a laugh out of the look on the face of the lady in Motherhood Maternity when I asked her if they had any nursing bras in a 40J. )
Old 05-10-2004, 11:02 AM   #14  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Sabra and Penny,

I would love to learn more about doing this diet while pregnant/nursing. I hope to be on Phase 3 by the time I am pregnant, but I worry about getting enough calcium, and about eating the sugar replacements.
Closed Thread