South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-06-2004, 07:12 AM   #1  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Default Thursday chat

Morning chickies......surprise surprise I am the first one here this morning. This a first in awhile. Well I am going to fill my tea cup and come right back.
Old 05-06-2004, 07:33 AM   #2  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Smile

Back again chickies....have my cup of tea..... and feeling pretty good so far today. Mind you it is only 8:30. I made it through the day yesterday. Although I do have a slight headache this morning. I am not sure if it is sinus related or if it is the no sugar thing. I will bet the it is the sugar. It seems pretty quite today. And for once I do not have much to say.... boy would my DH over that one. Well I am going to go make a few phone calls that I need to get out of the way and I will check in again later. Maybe then I won't be talking to myself. Have a great day chicks.
Old 05-06-2004, 08:07 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Big foggy good morning from the boonies. It's foggy out there and my voice is also foggy. Maybe I should be typing this in gray?

Sarah is coming this morning despite the weather. If it's too wet to garden, we will tackle the dreaded barn! I have stuff in there from April 1998 when I retired and closed my Ottawa condo. Do you think the shampoo and stuff will still be good? I also have some classified stuff which should have been burned years ago - don't tell CSIS, OK? Today we will just do the first floor - the loft is for another day.

I am impressed by the number of folks in the May challenge! Must be bathing suit weather soon.

Chicken fajitas for dinner tonight - the ww tortilla will be my Phase II carb for the day. Hmmmm....if I went to town I could get strawberries.....NEVER MIND!

Have a great Thursday, chickies.

This afternoon Jane comes to be with Harry. I'm debating whether to go to town or to just go to the Library and do some research. I may go for the last choice as the Library Ladies give me tea when I go there. You gotta love small towns!
Old 05-06-2004, 08:27 AM   #4  

hello everyone!!!
well it has been quite a while since i have posted here. sorry. i have been off the beach so to say. i crawled back to my low fat low cal comfort zone. i just wanted to stop in a minute and see how everyone was doing. hope you all have a great day!! good to see you back op littlechick, and ruth busy as ever you go girl!! i'll stop in again ta-ta for now
Old 05-06-2004, 08:56 AM   #5  
Reeling Reverend

Morning, gals!! I am mad this morning. The entire first level of my building is blocked off because the governer is coming to my building today. BFD! Is his SUV THAT large that he can't just use one spot? Rediculous. I digress...

House is coming along well. SLOW, but well. This weekend is going to be so busy for me!! I have to clean the house, get the workshop together, go to my mom's, have a BBQ on Sunday... OY! So much to do!

Chicks- have a great day!
Old 05-06-2004, 09:08 AM   #6  
Running Babe

Morning,

I am so proud of myself... I went to Red Lobster last night with the BF and completely ignored the garlic cheese bread! Not only that, even though it was on the table, I didn't even think of it at all. This is a HUGE! accomplishment, usually I'd be gobbling them down like there was no tomorrow and if I was showing restraint would have been craving them... I didn't even crave them at all yah! I had trout and veggies for dinner with a salad with shrimp and balsamic dressing.

Ruth: which department did you work for? Also where do you get WW tortillas, I haven't seen them.

Jodi: hi!

Cheers!

Ali
Old 05-06-2004, 09:22 AM   #7  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Wow! Ali, that is a HUGE accomplishment! I decided last week that I will not be able to go to Red Lobster again, period. I simply do not think I could resist those biscuits...they are pure heaven! You go, girl!

We've got two interviews today for an open Graduate Asst. position in our office. Will be a bit odd. The second interview is with a soon to graduate student from our school, and we're basically doing it as a courtesy...we know we're not going to hire her. I totally do not agree with that, but it's not my choice. :sigh:

I start my second week of Phase 1 today! My scale still will not weigh me so I am going to go over to the scale in our school gym and see if it works! It was partly broken a couple months ago and I do not know if it has ever been fixed. We'll see how that goes!

I'm fitting a little bit better in my clothes and overall I feel much healthier and more energetic. And I haven't even added exercise yet!

BTW, I took a look around our local grocery store (Wegman's, for those who know it) which usually carries a large variety of everything, and only found two possible sources for bread products of any kind. One is dark rye/pumpernickel type bread made by some German company, the other was Monk's brand, which had some sugar in it...so I don't think it's a great choice. The WW pitas have enriched flour, so I assume they are out as well. I'm a bit frustrated! Where do you guys shop for your whole grain food?
Old 05-06-2004, 11:21 AM   #8  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Ali, ww meant whole wheat, not Weight Watchers. I forget who makes them - Dempsters? Anyhow you can get them at any grocery store in Ottawa.
Good work ar Red Lobster. Was it the one at Baseline and Merivale? I am drooling over the memory of that bread!
I worked in IT at Revenue Canada and retired in 1998 just before it became an agency.
Just in from major gardening with Sarah as the weather cleared. Now I need to get cleaned up to go to town. I just may buy some plants!
Have a good afternoon.
Old 05-06-2004, 12:11 PM   #9  

It's just high noon here, and my back is slowly getting better. Thank you all for your good suggestions; I tried them all: heat, ice, and drugs. It should be better after that onslaught of remedies.

You all sound so busy, I feel like a slug. Or a turtle. Moving slowly I am.

Beachgal, I know Wegmans, and they have some whole wheat products in the freezer case next to the health food section. I know they have tortillas, and I think I remember some frozen bread there too. Might be worth a try.

You all have a great day........................Jo
Old 05-06-2004, 12:29 PM   #10  
RNMOM

Default Hi all

It's my first of 4 12 hour shifts this week. Thurs. Fri. Sat and Sun. Yuk, by Monday I'll be worthless.

Fell off the phase 1 wagon last night. The apple was just too much, I had a statistics class I'm taking at the local university. I needed something to have for the 5 hours I was going to be in class. The apple was the drug of choice. I hadn't lost anything from the 3 days of being phase 1ing. It must be getting to be that TOM.

Hope you are all having a ton of sunshine today!
Old 05-06-2004, 01:08 PM   #11  

Hello ladies,
I'm starting Phase1 again on Monday. Still afraid to get on the scale because about a month ago a rules went out the window. The good news is that my kitchen is amazing. The diet actually spurred us to renovate because I was in there so much more preparing veggies and meals.

I worked for Red Lobster for two years. Those things are insanely bad for you, 7 grams of fat, and I used to dip them in BBQ sauce, can you believe it?

I bought the cook book last night, hopefully I'll get around to reading it this weekend.

I'm not updating my profile, I'm going to have to be very brave to see how much I'm up in the last 3 months.
Old 05-06-2004, 08:24 PM   #12  
Member Florida Chick

Beachgal: Doesn't Wegmans carry Pepperidge Farm or Arnold breads? I have found their whole grain breads very good. I also use the Wasa bread, more like rye crisp. It is Scandanavian. Very crunchy but good. Good luck. When you say Upstate New York, how upstate is that? I've heard people refer to the Catskills as Upstate. Originally, I came from Northern New York until we decided to make florida our permanent home. No snow or ice here.

Ruth: You are busy busy as usual. I expect we will be in Clayton a little after the 4th of July, so hopefully we can plan some sort of get-together. Would love to meet you in person. Lizzie
Closed Thread