Old 05-01-2004, 04:22 PM   #1  
Abby's Mommy

Talking May Exercise Log

I thought we should start a fresh log to celebrate the beginning of a new month!
Ivanna B. Skinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2004, 04:27 PM   #2  
Abby's Mommy

OK... I'll start. The constant rain here is not only depressing, its detramental to my plan! I had to do a stupid tape (which I HATE) instead of going outside. Oh, well, at least I did it and its over with for the day!
Good Luck to every one!!
Old 05-02-2004, 02:20 AM   #3  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

2 mile walk today!!
SuchAPrettyFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2004, 12:42 PM   #4  

Salsaerobics class (it rocks!) and 15 min swim today.....
artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2004, 04:31 PM   #5  
Abby's Mommy

SALSAEROBICS!!! That sound SOOO FUN!!! Our area doesnt off anything fun like that. I wish they did...I really need some motovation to DO SOMETHING today! Its raining again, and I guess Im off to do a video (YUCK)!!! Oh, well, I might as well get it over with.
Old 05-03-2004, 03:33 AM   #6  

Hey Amy Jo

Yup, salsaerobics is great.....I'm not one for normal aerobics classes, but I love to dance, and this class is brilliant - taught by a really enthusiastic and energetic woman! Just to make you even more jealous, there is even a belly dancing class straight after.....I'm hoping that I'lle soon be fit enough to do them both...
Old 05-03-2004, 06:39 PM   #7  
Abby's Mommy

Default Salsaerobics!?!?!

Ok... Thats IT!!! I MUST find a place to take some of these awsome classes! I'll probably have to drive an hour or more (I live in an extremly small town in the country.) You must have blast doing these!! Well...I did 2 miles today on the old treadmill (YAWN) and then all the arm and leg stuff I do with weights. ( DOUBLE YAWN!) Good Luck to every one !!!
Old 05-04-2004, 01:05 AM   #8  

Well, I'd say its definitely worth finding some classes you really enjoy - even if you only go once/twice a week, it makes such a difference if you enjoy the exercise.

Talking about enjoying exercise......well, I was offered a great new job last week....so, given that and meeting my '25 per cent of the way there' goal, I joined a fantastic new health spa yesterday...hmm......have sampled the aqua classes, pool, sauna and whirlpools so far......lovely. Going for body conditioning class, Pilates, and gym induction today. Promise to report back!
Old 05-04-2004, 05:58 PM   #9  
Abby's Mommy

Artist... you are so lucky to be able to treat yourself that way!! Congrats on the 25%!! I was down another pound this AM, so now Im 1/3 of the way to my (realistic) goal!. Im really excited! I push mowed the yard this AM (burned about 350 calories!!) And after my supper settels a little, Im ont he way to the gym... Ill report back later about that workout!! See Ya!
Old 05-04-2004, 07:34 PM   #10  

Good job Amy Jo!!

I am still sticking with walking 3 to 5 miles a day. Mostly I stick to 5 miles.
Tammy32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2004, 09:03 PM   #11  
Abby's Mommy

I never seem to be able to push past 3 miles at a time... I want to work my way up there though. Congrats on the 5 miles at a time! I went to the center and did 2 miles, and all the arm and leg stuff I do. Ive upped my weights to 30 lbs for les and 25 for arms! Came home and did crunches, too! I feel pretty good about todays activities! I wonder if I can count push mowing my yard as a mile? My goal this week is 10, and Ive done 4 so far (5 if I count the yard) I really need to get a good pair of walking shoes though, my feet and ankles are killing me...HMMMMM shopping!!
Old 05-05-2004, 12:47 AM   #12  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

3 circuits @ the gym tonight
SuchAPrettyFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2004, 02:57 AM   #13  

Hey, way to go Amy Jo.....sounds like you're getting into this exercise thing!
Me, I had a truly lovely time at my new health club/spa yesterday....25 mins cardio in the gym, 20 mins swim, lower body weights, 60 mins Pilates.....oohh and did I mention the steam, sauna, whirlpool and obligatory snooze-by-the-pool???? (I know, not exercise, but relaxation is surely important too, LOL!)
Old 05-10-2004, 09:00 PM   #14  
Abby's Mommy

I havnt posted here since the 4th. I was off plan starting Wed. I jumped back on today though !! I push mowed my yard this morning (45 mins burns like 350 cals)! Tonight, I went to the center and did 1.5 miles and the treadmill (.3 of that was JOGGING!! Ive never been able to do that!) And I did a circut of the weight machines. Came home and did my crunches! YAY!
Old 05-10-2004, 11:27 PM   #15  

For the past few days I have stuck to five miles of walking. A couple of days I did 6 and 7 miles. I'm going through a really emotional time, and I am trying my best to binge exercise as opposed to binge eating. So far I am winning. I hope I can get past this.
Tammy32 is offline   Reply With Quote