South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-04-2004, 07:01 AM   #1  
I vant to draw your blood

Default Tuesday Beach Chick Chat

Good morning Chicks~~

I'm back from my jaunt to Maryland. Actually got back very late Sunday night. Was so tired when I got up yesterday am, that I completely forgot to post.

Very happy to report no weight gain, despite splurging on eggplant parmesan at Olive Garden Friday night. Must have been all the walking for 8 hours at the festival.

Had a great time. Came home broke, but with most of the things I'd been hoping to find. My only regret is that the very last place I wandered into, when I was already broke, had 50/50 cashmere and silk fiber. Ahhh, what I could have done with a little of that!!! Happily, the vendor is also the publisher of a fiber related magazine and has requested me to send in an article for her consideration. If she likes it, she'll buy it! So, keep toes crossed for me, please.

Well, gotta run.

HAGD on the beach everyone

Mamacita
Old 05-04-2004, 07:16 AM   #2  

Morning, Mama. Glad to hear you had such a great time in Maryland. Don't you hate it when you see something you lust after, and absolutely can't have it? The memories stay with me for years. I remember an antique chest on chest from 30 years ago. LOL

I think today will be a replay of yesterday. It's still cold, and I'm still cursing my lousy back. It's at its worst in the AM when I get up. I must think about all moves before I make them. It is so frustrating. Oh well, it's a good excuse to not do much. HA!

Everybody else have a great day...........................Jo
Old 05-04-2004, 07:59 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning on The Beach.

Pennywise, I turn on the heating pad sometimes in the morning and sit and drink my coffee leaning on it. It sort of warms me up to start the day.

Mamacita, cashmere and silk! Wow! Maybe she'll pay for the article in that! Eggplant parmesan can't be too bad - it IS vegetarian so at least the calories would be lower. Now I'm getting a yen for some.

Cold and dreary here this morning. Sarah may come for garden work but the veggie garden is too darn muddy. We will probably work at cutting back my fall raspberries or splitting and moving hostas. PArt of me wants to get all these jobs done but another part wants to just sit and read. The cold/flu thingie seems under control. Long naps and water seem to be the trick.

Have a super Tuesday, Beach Babes.
Old 05-04-2004, 08:26 AM   #4  

Height: 5'-2"

Marmacita, I'm so glad you had a good time! There's never enough money.

Jo, take care of your back, sweetie. Have you got some heavy duty drugs? There are some muscle relaxants "down there" that we can't get here. Can't think of the name. Alleave? Neproxin? My DH's boss takes a trip down occasionally and brings back bottles of them for the staff.

Ali, you live in Ottawa?! Ruth, didja hear that? We caught another!

Emily, welcome back, and congratulations on your loss!

Crystal, what a hoot you had on the weekend! Darling, please put the gun down.

RNmom, good for you starting weights! I'm feeling SO much stronger and more energetic since I started with my trainer.

Glad you're feeling better, Ruth! The sun is shining here... I'll send it your way.

DH is taking the day off. He refuses to come to the Y with me for my cardio (thinks he may see a co-worker there ), so we may do a tai-bo workout together at home.
Old 05-04-2004, 08:41 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning Everyone!

Checked in earlier, but this darned computer is still giving me woes, so I logged off. It's sunny but chilly here today. I wanted to get some much needed weeding done but it's way too muddy for that after all the rain we had the past 2 days. I think I'll put away the winter clothes and get out the summer ones instead. Maybe clean out closets while I'm at it.

Glad you enjoyed your weekend, Mama. I found that if I cheat a little just once in a while, it doesn't effect my weight. And anyway, Eggplant Parmesan isn't too lethal.

Jo, how did you hurt your back? Remember to bend your knees when lifting, and like Ruth said, use the heating pad. (But only 10 minutes at a time) I hope you start feeling better soon.

I'm glad you are finally over your cold, Ruth. How's Harry doing - still suffering from sore throat? Take good care of him, and give him some chicken broth to sip. That should be soothing for him.

I'd better get started doing something productive here, so see you all later!
Old 05-04-2004, 08:43 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning Ellis, I just missed you!
Old 05-04-2004, 08:46 AM   #7  
Running Babe

I did not want to get up this morning. I slept in... oopsies!

Anyway, I am having a problem with water retention. I am feeling really bloated. Could by pre-TOM since my cycle is all messed up right now, but I also realized that I am probably having more salt than usual. I should try some substitutes. I have been completely OP though (I have had problems since Sat with the Water Retention)..

Ellis: yup, I live breathe and sleep in Ottawa. I live in Nepean right now and will be moving to Stittsville in a couple of Months (okay it's all Ottawa). I work in the East-end, makes for a long commute, but I am learning to snuggle up with a book on the bus. I am also in a typical Ottawa couple... a gov worker with a high tech guy.

Mamacita: that seemed like a good choice! Good luck with the article.

Ruth/Pennywise: howdy!

Anyhoo cheers!

Ali
Old 05-04-2004, 08:47 AM   #8  

Good morning, Cottage! I did the clothes switch on the weekend. I'm making a big clothes closet in the basement for all of our coats. Why we each have about 15 assorted coats is beyond me.
Old 05-04-2004, 08:49 AM   #9  

Ali, Stittsville is very nice. (geez, they have buses out there now?!) You'll have to do dim sum with us some time this summer!
Old 05-04-2004, 09:18 AM   #10  
Running Babe

Ellis: yup, I love Stittsville, we're moving into an 18 year old raised bungalow and I cannot wait! Yup they have buses, though my pass will be 95$ a month as opposed to 61.75$... I'll eventually start driving to work, but I am saving right now. Always wanted to try Dim Sum.

Cheers!

Ali
Old 05-04-2004, 12:27 PM   #11  
RNMOM

Default Helloooo all

It's a beautiful day and I've just gotten back from my little jog. I did weights again last night. I'm hoping to really get things moving again. My weight loss has really hit a stall. Phase 1-ing again. Felt a bit yucky yesterday, I'm sure that's why.

Anyhoo, Mamacita, eggplant parmesan sounds like the lesser of most evils. The fibre stuff though, now that sounds like work. I'm not savvy enough to appreciate cashmere and silk. You're my hero. Sounds like you had fun.

Pennywise-sorry about the cold weather. You'd think that once May hits it should be beautiful all the time. I think that anyway. Woke up to snow last Wednesday and just about went back to bed. Try alternating heat and ice to your back. 15 minutes of each every four hours or so. Hope you get feeling better.

Ruth triple X- I say forget the garden and weeding and just read a book. There's nothing better than a good book!

Cottagebythesea-Why would you want to clean out closets? (I'm feeling lazy today)

Ellis- Can you ever have enough coats? Oh, and going to do Tai-Bo???? Ouch, you go girl!

Sweater girl-don't you just love TOM? It's way irritating and it does weird things to the scales.

Anyway I hope you all have a great day.
Old 05-04-2004, 12:53 PM   #12  

Speaking of TOM, that feminist/sex shop I was in yesterday had these cute t-shirts. On the front of them was printed, "Red Zone".

You won't want to hear this, but I'm eating a plate of tiny new potatoes that I picked up in the Market yesterday. With real butter. The butter is running down my chin. Either that or I'm drooling.
Old 05-04-2004, 05:58 PM   #13  
RNMOM

Default ellis

you are evil I hope the butter dripped on your freshly laundered shirt..............
(did it taste to die for?)
Old 05-04-2004, 05:58 PM   #14  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Hey! Now that's evil...eating potatoes in front of us Phase 1ers...hmph!
Old 05-04-2004, 07:09 PM   #15  

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNMOM
(did it taste to die for?)
Oooooooh, baby! DID IT!!

Laurie, let this be a lesson to you. I am one of the original South Beachers, and I've been off-plan for MONTHS! Don't let this happen to you!!
Closed Thread