Closed Thread

Old 04-25-2004, 08:36 PM   #1  

Default Feisty & Sexy 50 & 60 year olds#15

G'day all,

It was lovely receiving your emails. It cheered me up no end.

Slavika your description of the dance recital was lovely. It must have been a great night especially with the tap routine of your d-i-l at the end.
I am also giving lots of fabrics away, some I would just never make up now. I will be strong and only buy when I want to make something not because I just couldn't resist a beautiful fabric/bargain etc.

Trudygood to hear from you as well. We play 500's with our ds and his wife a bit, ds always has to play some sort of game when they are here.

Karen I am glad the sun is shining for you again. I must have had a similar day to you yesterday. I am fine again and will try not to worry too much with what is next on the agenda.
Hope the wedding preparations are coming along well.

Ann that was some maths, adapting the recipe for 190
The longer I am here the more I can see that you and Karen will have a great time when you finally meet up. A couple of tap dancers!
I am pleased you have given your involvement in politics away, I agree who needs the agravation. Have a great time in Virginia.

Hi to Marnie, Lily, Peggy and Glenda

We had ANZAC Day here yesterday, the day of the year that we remember those that fought for our freedom. It was particularly moving yesterday because of our involvement in Iraq. The news never seems to get any better from there. We have been fortunate, Australia has not lost any lives [as yet]. It is heartbreaking how many lives have been lost over there.
Lets hope and pray it will all come to an end soon.

Off to do some more 'chucking', tidying, re-organising etc. etc.

Cheers
Maria
Old 04-26-2004, 07:29 PM   #2  
Super Surfer

Thumbs up A Soup Recipe

VEGETABLE SOUP

2 cans of diced tomatoes
2 cups chicken or beef broth
1 bunch of green onions sliced
1 green pepper diced
1 lb peeled baby carrots cut in chunks
8 stalks celery sliced
1 cup green beans (1 can sliced)
1 pkg. onion soup mix

Bring to boil, and simmer until vegetales are tender.

My friend gave me the soup recipe. I made it for din dins tonight and it was easy to make and very tasty. We had it with hamburger patties done on the George Foreman Grill and some Biroche Buns.

It is nice to see the board back. I really enjoyed the e-mail over the weekend as well. It was nice that we kept in touch. Unfortunately my e-mail to Glenda came back... Sorry Glenda

My thumb joints have been so sore lately. I am suspecting arthritis...it is really painful to grip anything. Unfortunately, this did not get me out of doing any work today. I wonder what is going to go on me next?

Maria has been "chucking" things out, I have been cooking and complaining a lot... What has everyone been up to today?
Old 04-27-2004, 12:54 AM   #3  
Life Time 2001

Yeah Board is back!
Trudy Soup Recipes looks good

At my Meeting this week there was a recipe posted. It brought back memories to me. My Mom use to make this for Thanksgiving. I lost her recipe a long time ago. Im sure hers used real Sour Cream. But when I saw this I ran to the store to get the stuff and made it. Its so good. And now I can have my Comfort food back on thanksgiving. This really could be served as a dessert to.

Frozen Fruit Cup

12 Ounces Cottage Cheese, lowfat
8 Ounces Fat-free Yogurt, Starwberry
1/4 Cup Fat-Free Mayonnaise
2 Tablespoons Splenda
1 1/4 Cups Strawberries, Sliced
2 Each Bananas, Sliced
15 1/4 Ounces Pineapple, Drained, Canned

Add the first 4 ingredient into a blender. Blend until smooth. Combine all the fruit in a bowl. Fold in the Cottage Cheese Mixture. Spoon into Muffin Cups and Freeze.

SERVINGS 12; CALORIES 68; FAT 1 g; PROTEIN 5 g; CARBS 11 g;FIBER 2 g;
CHOL 2 mg; SODIUM 193 mg;
SERVING SIZE= 1 Muffin Cup 1 point
Take out of the freezer at least 20 minutes before serving. Pretty hard to cut
Line Muffin tin with Paper or tin foil Muffin wrappers. Add ingredients. Remove from frezzer at least 30 minutes before serving

Yummmmmmmmm Im one happy camper
Its funny how such little things make us happy

Last edited by LilyG; 05-03-2004 at 01:00 AM.
Old 04-27-2004, 08:36 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 195/136/128

Cool Good Morning!

glad the board is back! BTW, it was nice getting e-mails from ya'll.

back at work today! More trust accounts.

Trudy and Lily thanks for the receipes - they both sound good. Trudy, is there a WW point count to your soup? Almost sounds like the 0-point soup.

Karen, I've never gotten any thing from Bath & Body. Is there stuff pretty good?

Hi to all - gotta start "spread-sheeting!"

Catch ya later.

Marnie
Old 04-27-2004, 07:19 PM   #5  

G'day all,

It is lovely and cool here. Last night I even had the heater on for 5 minutes!

Trudy soup recipe looks good, it must be about 0 points! I haven't heard you complain too much , good to keep yourself busy with cooking.

Your recipe sounds interesting Lily, is it a bit like fruit icecream?

Something definite happening this time.......
I am booked to go to Singapore on the 10th May and return to Australia on the 23rd.
DH rang last night and they still won't come at an apartment however they now have agreed that they will pay for an apartment but......when dh is galavanting about in Asia and is not in Singapore, we pick up the tab of the rental of the apartment.
DH is not too sure if I would be happy to be in Singapore for the rest of the year and so I will go on a 'fact finding' tour. He is finding it very hot and he knows what I think of hot weather.
The other option is that dh spends half his time in Singapore and half his time home in Adelaide (it is only a 7 hour flight).
By the time I get there dh will have a bit more of an idea and then we can talk about what we will do and go from there.

It will be very good when we organise our trip to America, it will be dh and I that call the shots and we will know exactly where we are at!!

Off to the podiatrist this morning.

Cheers
Maria

Last edited by flaggies; 04-27-2004 at 07:22 PM.
Old 04-28-2004, 08:46 AM   #6  

Maria is off and running again. Hope it's not to hot in Singapore. You can celebrate your anniversary when you get there Ours is on May 1 we will be married 39 long long long years.

Trudy going to try the soup today and Lily will be trying yours also this week. Sounds like something I will love.

All the wedding plan have been made now we are in a holding pattern untill Saturday. Then I'm sure we'lll be running arond like chickens with their heads cut off

Ann what are some of the rules in the retirement parks? What I'm worried about is all the wood working power tools the kid gave my husband. Do you think he will be able to use them?? He also has a moter scooter he likes to ride around town here do you think that will be a problem? Question Questions Questions. I lay awake at night and think about these things

Need to get my day started. Today is cleaning day and cooking day so it will be busy!

Karen
Old 04-28-2004, 03:26 PM   #7  
Life Time 2001

Maria: Seems pretty unfair to me what they are doing. Hes traveling for them they should pay. I guess you could call it Fruit Ice Cream. My mom always called it frozen fruit salad. It does taste like a frozen yogurt. Every one always laughs at me cuz this time of year I freeze my yogurt. But its good that way. Like eating Ice cream on a daily basis
Takes forever to eat to.

Marnie: Yes that soup would be 0 points. Nothing in it but free stuff!

Karen: Glad you got all the wedding Plan made. Where did you fianlly get the cake? Sat will be a busy crazy day for sure!

Boss coming to town so I wont be around for a few days. Need to cart him all over the place. ALAS!!!!!!!!!

See you this weekend!
Old 04-29-2004, 12:14 AM   #8  
Net browser

Hi Everybody
Lily I made the Frozen Fruit Cup Recipe that you posted. I tried one and it was really good. I sent you an email because you didn't say what "kind" of pineapple to use and also if we were to use the paper muffin cup liners. I used the pineapple bits one...not the big chunks but the smaller ones and I used some paper cups and some without just to see.
Thanks for posting the recipe!
Sounds like both Maria and Karen will be soon travelling and I think that Ann has left for her DH reunion.
Yesterday was Weight Watcher weigh in.....and I have to say that I had a really good week again, and lost 3.2#. I had low point breakfasts and lunches for most of the week, but then I used my points to have really nice dinners. By having a good dinner I found I wasn't in the kitchen every half hour looking for something to snack on. The hardest time for me has always been from after dinner to the time I go to bed. I will try and stick with that plan again this week, although I know that I will not have losses like that all the time. That's ok, as long as I lose something, that is certainly a step in the right direction. My sinus have been bothering me so I didn't walk as much as I should have on my treadmill but I think I'm starting to feel a little better so can pick that up again.
I went out with my friend, it was her 70th birthday today. I bought her a gold charm in Maui, that is the symbol for long life and happiness, for her to wear on her gold chain and I think she was pleased.
Good night all.
Old 04-29-2004, 12:45 AM   #9  

G'day all,

This will be very quick, I am leaving tomorrow at midday and get to Singapore tomorrow night 10pm Singapore time!!!!
It is all ridiculous, just as well I am so adaptable.
We will now be spending our wedding anniversary together (May 2)

Fantastic loss Slavika

I will be in touch from Singapore.

Cheers
Maria
Old 04-29-2004, 08:19 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 195/136/128

Talking Only in Minnesota!

Yesterday it was 92 degrees; today it is 50 (probably cooler up by Karen)!

So, Maria is off and running; I bid you a safe journey. Hope you can plug in someplace in Singapore.

SLAVIKA, YOU ROCK!
Great weight loss.

I might try your strategy. I'm a grazer in the kitchen!

Ann's at the reunion, Karen will be enjoying the wedding, busy times! I'm going to a funeral on Saturday; DH of a dear cousin passed away. It's about an hour drive from here.

Lily, I'd be interested in the pinneapple, too. It's the canned, right?

Glenda, I thought you were back at WW, no?

Trudy, I plan to try the recipe next week - we grocery shop on Sunday.

Peggy, how goes it? What project are you working on ? I'm starting a new quilt called Martha Washington's Star: black background with multi-colored stars all over. Not sure I should've chosen "black." I bet it's a bummer to sew on.

I'll check back.

Marnie

Old 04-30-2004, 08:28 AM   #11  

I really don't know where the time goes. I have been busy packing and moving things to the new house. We are getting ready to show this one and I want it to look more spacious. Have been doing lots of yard work too.

It is raining today and I am going to help out in the school cafeteria. Seems the moms have spring fever or something and don't want to fill in their scheduled time. Hope they have something I hate since I am flunking WW's.

Slavika you are doing so well. I will use you as an example and when I go to eat something I shouldn't I will say your name and see if that works.

Those recipes look good. Lily I remeber that frozen fruit salad from when I was a kid. It was so good. I forgot all about it. And I have never frozen my yogurt but will be trying that too. Anything to make it last longer.

Maria how cheap that they will not pay for an apartment while you dh is traveling. Hope you find some way to make it work out for you.

Marnie good luck on sewing on black. I made a little tiny Amish wallhanging a long time ago and black was hard. And that was when I had better eyes.

Got to get ready and face the day,
Old 05-03-2004, 01:07 AM   #12  
Life Time 2001

Slavika: Wow 3.2 Is awesome! I changed the recipe to answer the quesions.

Peggy Try frezzing the yogurt. It really is good. Like an Ice cream. Sound busy getting read to move.

Karen: how was the wedding?

Maria: Safe trip to you. Hope you can check in.

Trudy: Where are you?

Ann: Where are you?

Did not do anything this weekend. Had to stay home and clean. House was getting pretty bad All better now! And Im happy its clean!
Old 05-03-2004, 05:56 AM   #13  

G'day everyone,

I arrived in Singapore last Fridaynight. The trip seemed to take an awful long time because I had to travel via Melbourne. I left home at 11 am and arrived in Singapore at 12.30 am on Saturday Adelaide time, 10pm Fridaynight Singapore time.
All a bit confusing.
What can I say about Singapore, it is HOT, very HOT.
I am constantly amazed at the way some of the Singaporians dress, especially the Muslim women. I don’t know how they can stand to be totally covered in this climate. I look like I have run 5 marathons and they look cool calm and collected.
The hotel we are staying at is very opulent and the service is excellent. The gardens surrounding the hotel are magnificent. The foyer is massive with some beautiful floral displays, especially the superb orchids that are grown here.
Where the hotel is located is all very upmarket and very expensive. We went to an area yesterday where they sell all the silks etc. It was in a very old part of town and really interesting, much more interesting than around the hotel.
We visited a muslim mosque that was located in the same area. DH was in shorts and he was asked to cover up, they provided him with a long flowing green robe, very attractive!
The mosque was very impressive, first time we had actually been in one.
The train services are excellent and no grafitti. I don’t know about the trains in your areas but in Sydney they are really very bad.

Today we went to the botanical gardens, the orchid display was excellent.
I have walked non-stop for 3 days and I am exhausted, thank goodness dh is off to work tomorrow so I can have a rest
On Wednesday we are off to Manila for 10 days and then back here again.

I am hoping we will not have to be here for 3 months or so, I am finding it just so hot, it is like walking in a sauna.
DH is coming back to Australia with me on May 23, we will then just wait and see what happens from then on.

I might be able to get back tomorrow but in Manila I am not sure how I will go.
Take care all.......
Cheers
Maria

Last edited by flaggies; 03-07-2008 at 04:48 PM.
Old 05-03-2004, 07:43 PM   #14  

We made it through the wedding. It turned out really nice for the short time we had to plan and prep for it. We had as always way too much food (it's a Minnesota thing) nobody went hungry. Being it was our anniversary too(39th) the kids wanted us to go to town with them to celebrate, We had fun and the kids had way too much fun. We don't do the bar thing at all anymore . And even though it was fun to hang out with the kids the smoke gets too me. I think my eyes burned for hours after I got home.

We got them married not a minute too soon. They now have their travel orders. Both will be leaving this state June 1. Not sure where from here but I do have an idea. They have just afew weeks to get the rest of their stuff in order. Cars need to be put up on blocks and the house will need to be closed up. Water pipes drained and all. I have accepted that this is what is going to happen so I'm not what you could call frantic over it. Not happy but resigned that it will be happening.

Maria sorry your so so warm. I know what you mean about the humidity. I lived in Panama for 3 years the humidity will get you bad! Feels like you're being wrapped it a hot wet blanket. Yuk! Thank goodness for A/C!

Slavika did I tell you great job on your weight loss last week. It's great to see results.

When is Ann coming home?

Marnie this is crazy weather we are having isn't it. I think we had our one day of summer last week. It's been real cool up here.

Well just wanted to check in and let you know how the wedding went.
Talk to you more later.
Old 05-03-2004, 10:55 PM   #15  

Whilst I still have internet access.........

Good to hear the wedding went well Karen I think you are very good in accepting that they have their travel orders. I guess there is not a great deal you can do to change it.
We get very little news from Australia here, it is either CNN or the BBC and then of course the local news service that we do not understand.
I must say I found the CNN news rather depressing, if it is not about Iraq, it is about Sharon and the lack of support from his party for his plans.
I then watch Discovery and that was about infections that they cannot get a cure for, so I have turned the TV off and read a book instead.

Peggy did I miss something I thought it was your aunts house where you were doing the cleaning up etc. In your last post, it sounds a little like you are moving house yourself.
Whatever you are doing, you sound very busy.

Marnie I agree, Slavika is doing exceptionally well
It is not easy here, all the food seems to be dripping of fat . I did have a chicken ceasar salad last night and asked for the dressing to be seperate. I am sure they thought they had not understood what I had requested but were amazed that it was exactly what I wanted. I didn't bother with the dressing and the salad was quite nice.
Breakfast is a huge buffet affair and at $34 each, you feel like you need to get your money's worth
I am getting better and this morning I had a breakfast similar to that at home.

DH is at work today and I am catching up with emails etc. whilst I still have access.
I will organise my case etc. fot the 10 day trip to Manila tomorrow.

till next time whenever that will be........

Cheers
Maria
Closed Thread