Old 04-30-2004, 07:02 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 247/177.5/130

Height: 5'3"

Default I need a pick me up

Hi everyone..

Well... for the first time since starting this thing, at this point I have not lost any weight this week and I even worked out really hard and really, really watched.. Do you think it is possible that I didn't eat enough? I officially weigh in on Sunday so I do have 2 more days and I weighed myself tonight when normally I weigh-in first thing in the morning. Just looking for some hope here.... Any words of encouragement?? I need it right about now...
tolose85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2004, 07:10 PM   #2  
Abby's Mommy

Gretchen... Whats the first rule of weighing in? ONCE A WEEK ONLY! Otherwise you'll get down on yourself. ( I have to repeat this to myself about 100 times a week, Id weigh every day if I thought it would be accurate) Remember , your body fluctuates daily, and that you really cant controll that. You are doing such a fantastic job attaining your goal...dont get down on your self! YOu know deep down that you're doing a great job, it just got lost the instant you saw the #'s on the scale! Keep up the good work, come Sunday you;ll see some progress!!! :
Ivanna B. Skinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2004, 08:50 PM   #3  

I agree with Amy because I am a compulsive weigher and used to weigh myself 2 times a day once in the evening and once in the morning. It was usually 2-3 lbs more at night than in the morning. If you have been exercising you could have dropped inches and built muscle so that you dont see a loss on the scale. Dont be discoraged because I have weeks that I dont lose anything despite being completely OP. I have just learned to accept that it happens but it doesnt last forever. Just make sure you dont go too low or too high in your calories and keep moving it!
dowsx4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2004, 09:56 PM   #4  
Born Loser

S/C/G: 490/See Tracker/245

I agree with the above just stick to your once a week weighing. I do think that you can eat to little sometimes. If you do this your body will think you are starving it and try to hold on to all it can. I have had great success in the past with allowing myself a treat night once a week where I would eat whatever I want. However it is hard to stop at one night sometimes so it is a dangerours thing. I think now I am just going to up my calories by 600 for that day. That way I am still in control.
howie6267 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2004, 10:32 PM   #5  
Believe

Height: 5'7"

I can't add anything new because Amy Jo, Julie and Howie have said it all. SO LISTEN TO THEM! You're doing an amazing job this year!
Melissa
melsfolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2004, 01:56 PM   #6  

You are doing a great job. I had a week like you are having and I had actually showed a gain of one pound. I was beating myself up over it. The next week I weighed I had lost a total of 6 pounds. There could be a number of things that could affect the numbers you are seeing on the scale. Hang in there. You are doing so great.
Tammy32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2004, 12:31 PM   #7  

Can't add a whole lot to what everybody else has said, but.....
You are doing fabulously, and you should be feeling great! You just have to ignore those scales, and keep doing what you are doing.....you'lle be losing inches whether or not you lose ounces...and you'lle probably find that if you slow up on weight loss one week, you lose more the next.....
So hang on in there!
artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2004, 12:57 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 247/177.5/130

Height: 5'3"

Thanks. You all are right. No more looking at the scale before weigh in! I ended up losing 2 lbs this week and a couple inches.. You guys are always right! Thanks so much
tolose85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2004, 01:09 PM   #9  
Born Loser

S/C/G: 490/See Tracker/245

Weigh to go Gretchen. Your doing awsome.
howie6267 is offline   Reply With Quote