Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 05-01-2004, 10:34 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 175 / 140 / 125

Height: 5'2"

Default MaY WaLkErS

Hi, my name's Kristi I'm at stay at home mom with 4 beautiful children and I am a walker. I'm hoping to meet other walkers to give and receive support from. Motivation can be hard to keep up on our own. I'm not into challenging anyone other than myself, so if your a 1 mile a dayer or a long distance strider let's keep track together and encourage each other along the way!

Personal goal for MaY 50 miles

May Miles : 3
lovnmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2004, 11:48 AM   #2  

Hi, I'm new to the month walkers. My name is Teisha, I'm 18 and a high school student. I've just really gotten into walking a lot and to be honest, I love it. I give myself a new goal everyday that I walk. Last night I did 4.0 miles and 514 calories. My goal had been just 500 calories but when I saw that I was close to 4.0 miles, I just went ahead and did it. I was estatic that I had gone that far but when I was done, my feet were on fire!

I don't really have a personal goal right now. I'm just gonna try and walk as much as I can.

May Miles: 4
peachwaterfalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2004, 12:32 PM   #3  
Psalm 91:9-11

Location: I am from 29 Palms, California... but now live in Northeast, Ohio

S/C/G: SW-245.5/CW-209/GW-170

Height: 5'5"

Smile

Hello KRISTI -
I believe we have met on the Faith Based Forum
Nice to see that you have begun a Walker's Thread...
I like how you wrote it too (MaY WaLkErS ) - clever

I am 47 and am really working hard trying to lose this 42#'s
I have left to lose ~ hopefully reaching my goal weight
of 155 by Fall of this year..

I would love to join you on this Thread
when I am able to... if you will have me

Here is my schedule on an average week...

Monday: Curves & *T-Mill (* I walk for 1 hour everytime I walk the T-Mill... not always sure of the distance till I am finished)
Tuesday: Sculpture Bands (**Michael Thurmond**) & *T-Mill
Wednesday: Curves & *T-Mill
Thursday: Sculpture Bands & *T-Mill
Friday: Curves & *T-Mill
Saturday: I walk in the park with my hubby - aprox 3 to 3.25miles
Sunday: Much needed REST

**Michael Thurmond** has a great Food Program as well, but you have to get his package to know how he does it ~ it is given to you with your "body type" in mind... I love his program. I mainly ordered his package so I could learn more about the exercises he teaches... you get great results.

You have put in 46.75 miles in April so far ~
Awesome Job!
I have put in 40.97 miles for APRIL ~
Usually I get up early and walk (5:15 to 6:15am).

My pace is not fast either... I don't know how others WALK at a faster pace! It hurts my legs & left hip and I find that the tendons become very tight... so I just do what Michael Thurmond says to do --- Walk slower and Longer to burn off "body fat". My machine has a heart-rate monitor and I keep it in the Fat Burning Range that is posted on my machine & for me it is 110 - 115bpm on the monitor.

When I began walking again on April 6th, 2004... I walked about 1.8 miles in that hour and now I will get in about 2.25 in an hour as my heart becomes stronger I find I have to increase the speed to maintain the heart-rate. So that's how I do it...

It will be FUN to note my progress here
along with you and the others
*Thanks for the thread*

*God Bless*
SunnyD

SunnyD57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2004, 01:28 PM   #4  

Smile

Good Afternoon KRISTI ~
I thought I would post again what I wrote at the end of APRIL (with a few changes )... mostly for introduction reasons... hope that is okay with you.

Thank-you so much for the P.M. and the warm welcome

Hello PEACH/Teisha ~
So good to meet you
How long did it take you to walk your 4miles?

My husband and I went to the park this morning and walked 3.5miles in about an hour and 10min. I did stop to take a couple wildlife pictures...
Have a great Day!

SunnyD
MaY MiLeS: 3.5

Old 05-01-2004, 03:37 PM   #5  

Welcome Peach, It's great to have you here. It's totally ok that your goal for the month doesn't have a number attached to it. Just walking as much as you can is a terrific attitude. I'm very proud of you for choosing a healthy approach to weight loss. Are you walking on a treadmill or out side? I've enjoyed walking on the bike trail for years, but have recently purchased a TM and find that I push myself much harder on the TM. Now walking outside is considered a treat not exercise! Imagine, me thinking of walking as a treat! You have a great start to the month. Keep up the good work.

Hi Sunny, I see you too have a great start for the month as well. Walking in the park with your husband must be wonderful. I think you should stop and take all the pictures you like. We run a family business so my DH works 6 days a week and Sun. is so filled with church and activities with the children that walking together is rarely anything we get around to. His job is quite physically demanding and he is naturally very thin. He has been using the TM some the past couple of months. He said he wanted to show interest in my interests. I thought it was sweet. If not a little irritating. By his 3rd night using it running a 10 min. mile was a piece of cake for him!! Well girls I have laundry that is not going to dry sitting at the bottom of the washing machine.
Happy Walking!

Kristi
Old 05-02-2004, 12:40 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Hi I'm Michelle SAHM to 2 girls Taylor who is 2yo and Teagan is almost 7 months. I just recently started WATP and would love to join your group So far for this month I have walked 3 miles

Take Care
Michelle
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2004, 04:53 PM   #7  

Put me down for 2 more miles today that makes 5
Michelle
Old 05-03-2004, 09:43 AM   #8  

WTG Michelle, I totally took yesterday off from exercise and even overate some, but I'm back in action today. Which WATP tapes do you use? I have the 1, 2 , & 3 mile tapes. I used them all last year and just loved them. This yr. I'm into using the TM, but I know some day I'll get bored with it and go back to Leslie. I just really like seeing how many cals I've burned printed out in front of me! It's great to have you here!

Kristi

MaY MiLeS : 6
Old 05-03-2004, 10:53 AM   #9  
A Mighty Thump

Height: 5 feet 4 inches!

Hi all

I've been walking as my chosen exercise since mid April and although sometimes I struggle to motivate myself, I do like how I feel after a walk.

I'm alternating walking 2 miles then 4 miles a day.

I don't use WATP tapes, this is the first time I have heard of them. I walk outside unless the weather is raining hard and then I will run on the exercise machine instead. My iPOD is my motivator, some good music keeps me going .

May Miles: 2
LynneA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2004, 04:09 PM   #10  

Hi LynneA, Motivation is why I love this site. Last month I had started the ApRiL WaLkErS and didn't get a lot of responses, but at least 10 people a day read the post and knowing that even one of them may have been a repeat viewer keeping tabs on me was enough to push me past my March miles. It's great to have you and I hope we can stay motivated together. Congrats on your loss!
I actually walked the trail today rather than use the TM. My poor dog was tuckered by the time we got home. I strictly walked and was able to do the 3 miles in about 42 min. I don't feel like I get as good a work out walking thetrail as I do on the TM, but it was a nice change of pace. I've got Cub Scouts tonight and I'm thinking either tennis or frisbie golf. All my boys have earned their advancements and a few arrow points I feel like it's time to play and just have fun before summer hits.

Have a great eve!
Old 05-03-2004, 04:17 PM   #11  

Kristi thanks for the welcome. I love the WATP tapes I got the 1 and 2 mile express dvd and I bought some pilates resistance bands cuz my dvd didnt come with a stretchie. The 2 mile still gives me an ok work out so I'm gonna keep doing that one til I get bored of it and then go buy the 3 mile. By the way...have you tried fitday.com its great for tracking calories burned from exercise or house work etc. Anyway I have yet to go do my walk today I'm gonna let my lunch settle then head downstairs and walk.
Have a great day!
Old 05-04-2004, 10:10 AM   #12  

Smile

Good Morning Everyone...
Whew Don't know if I will ever catch up with you all ~ you are doing so well with your walking! I just put in 2.5 miles... yesterday I wasn't up to par, so I didn't walk, but was on this morning and doing much better.
Drinking allot of water.

*~*~*

Morning KRISTI ~
I think that you will see allot of posting as the weather gets better - I know that the sunshine sure makes a difference with me. Yesterday was so crummy most of the day & that's how I felt too; then at around 3 the sun popped out... I called my hubby and asked if we could go out for dinner - he was all for it. We had a wonderful evening out and I felt so much better this morning. I usually cook every night - even weekends. Although, this Saturday is our monthly evening out with our good friends - always a great time!

I personally like that you don't have challenges... I feel very motivated just by all your posts here. There's enough stress in our world and sometimes those challenges make me feel more stressed. Thanks again for beginning it again

Hi MICHELLE ~
"Welcome!"
I have never done the WATP tapes, but have seen them at Wal-Mart. I myself love my new T-Mill (just got it April 5th). I don't think it matters how you get in your walking as long as you do, don't you think Saturday's Joe & I go for about 3+miles on a trail in the park - makes a nice change.

Beautiful family!!!! Just love your picture

Hi LYNNE ~
"Welcome"
I too have difficult days with motivation - like yesterday... I really felt out of sorts yesterday. But am my good old self today.

Hi PEACH ~
Hope that you are doing okay.
We haven't heard from you yet this week

I have so much to get done today, so off I go.
Catch you all later...
Have a Wonderful Day today Gals
SunnyD

MaY MiLeS: 6

Last edited by SunnyD57; 05-05-2004 at 05:58 AM.
Old 05-04-2004, 10:52 AM   #13  
A Mighty Thump

Height: 5 feet 4 inches!

Good morning Ladies

Well, I had a great motivator for going for my walk today. Tuesdays are my weekly weigh in day and the scales said 198!

I walked 3.9 miles today with very good spirits.

Thank you for the warm welcome also .

May Miles: 5.9
LynneA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2004, 01:59 PM   #14  

Put me down for another 2 miles today! making 7 miles so far I hope to do a one mile walk a little later.
Take care
Michelle
Old 05-04-2004, 05:54 PM   #15  

Hi Ladies, Thank you all so much for being here. Today was such a busy day. My daughter represented her school at the Heritage Fair through the gifted and talented program. I've eaten all the wrong things today including a strawberry cheesquake blizzard from DQ. At least I ordered the small, but I was totally going to blow off exercise, but since reading all your success for the day I'm going to my TM for a 2.25 mile walk right now. Thanks again, because I have another BIG meal out on Thurs. eve so I really couldn't afford to skip exercise today as well. You chicks are awesome!!!

Kristi

MaY MiLeS : 8.25