South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-03-2004, 06:57 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Chatting On The Beach - Monday. May 3

Good morning! It's raining right now but get under the big umbrella and we'll have coffee, tea or whatever!

I spent most of the weekend napping, reading and drinking water and feel a tad better today than yesterday and MUCH better than Saturday! Stupid cold! Now poor Harry has a sore throat so I may have passed it on. Zinc and echinacea and Vitamin C tablets are on the menu for him today.

Gail will be here in about an hour so I'll tidy up a bit. My diningroom table is covered with Fair stuff which would irk her as she adores polishing my old diningroom set. I'm done with it for now so will stash it away.

Aside from the pre-Gail tidy, nothing much is on today's agenda except a trip to treadmill with Madame Hershey. If it clears up we'll barbecue something tonight, otherwise stir-fry chicken.

What's on your schedule?
Old 05-03-2004, 07:31 AM   #2  

Height: 5'-2"

Hi, Ruthie! I'm glad you're starting to feel better. I hope Harry can keep the cold at bay.
It's NOT raining here at the moment, but it's looking pretty gloomy. And it rained all night. Got my clothes on the line.

I'm off to the gym, then to my psychiatrist's office. I forgot that he'd be away this week, and made the mistake of making a coffee date with one of the other psychos. I'll have to get there just as he's getting out of his appointment with his psychi. Ahhhhhhhh, the life of a mentally ill princess. It's all about me.
He's bi-polar, and I'm on new meds (yes, again), and depending on how we're feeling, we may be simply happy, or we may be smiling superficially and plotting to overthrow the government or something similar.

We started cleaning the basement out on the weekend, and we got rid of a TON of junk. I'm actually getting organized. I'm even contemplating redecorating the TV room this spring. I wish I didn't love red so much. I want every room to be red.
Old 05-03-2004, 08:09 AM   #3  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Morning chickies..... a big Hello to all the new chicks that have joined our little group. Glad to have you on the beach. Sorry I have not been around for awhile but it has been a crazy in my life the last little bit.....taxes, dress rehersals, hemming costumes, and then this week end we were away to Halifax for my dd's dance competition.. She got a bronze medal for her solo, a silver for her duo and 2 silvers for tap and jazz troupe numbers and a gold for their lyrical. I am so proud of her. They did wonderful. But needless to say we had little sleep and way too much to eat. So tonight it is off to the grocrey store and back on track tomorrow. How many times have I said that... I get so ticked off with myself but summer is just around the bend and I need to get back on track.... So I guess I need a big old kick in the butt. I will check in again a little later. Have a great day chicks. Ruthie I am glad you are feeling better. Ellis hello chickie have fun cleaning the basement and plotting I may just have someone you can plot against I call on you if I need some help have a great day.
Old 05-03-2004, 08:19 AM   #4  

Height: 5'-2"

Little Chick, we've missed you!
Congratulations to your DD!! Wow, what a great haul!
Old 05-03-2004, 08:21 AM   #5  
Running Babe

Morning Ladies,

I have just started phase 2 and had some good 'ole fashioned oat meal this morning and it was good (i added some sweetner, but tastes better than I remember). I plan on an apple this afternoon. I'll add the carbs slowly.

Anyway, I am down about 6-8lbs and have been putting on muscle so I am pretty happy with the results thus far.

Cheers!

Ali
Old 05-03-2004, 08:56 AM   #6  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Thanks Ellis I missed you guys too.
Old 05-03-2004, 09:12 AM   #7  
Reeling Reverend

Good job, Ali!! Way to go!

I have no idea how I managed to keep weight off this weekend. Probably because we didn't stop moving ever! We had SO MUCH FUN! I drove a Hummer, shot a shotgun and begged for more rounds to keep shooting, had a massage, ate at some shi-shi places, went to a winery, Falling Waters (the Frank Loyd Wright house), and hiked all over Pennsylvania. It was LOVELY. and eye opening! Man, are we out of shape. We didn't let that slow us down though, that's for sure. We ate pretty well, except for breakfast, but I'm reasonably sure we burned off every single gram of carbohydrate we took in!! All and all, a very fun weekend.

Ruth- There was a Port. H20 K9 there!! Pets are not allowed at the resort, but some rich b*tch brought hers anyway AND LEFT IT IN THE CAR. Luckily, the valets had some sense (since her owner CLEARLY did not) and took her out and got her a bowl of water. I was enraged! How could you leave your dog in the car?!?!?! We tipped the valets extra that night... Beautiful pup, nonetheless..

LC-Welcome back! Time to get back on track!! You've come so far, so don't stop now! Congrats to your DD!!

Ellis- my god, but you're a busy lady! Have fun with psycho, hmm?

Off to all the work that appeared in my absence on Friday. Have a great OP day, chicks!
Old 05-03-2004, 09:56 AM   #8  

Good morning, All. Very gloomy here too, and it's cold!! Low 30's. Yuck.

Glad to hear you're a bit better, Ruth, and glad to hear that your day will be a bit slower than usual.

Ellis, you're a good friend to keep a date that you have to make a special trip for. I love to toss stuff out and feel organized.

You must be so proud of your dd, Chick. She sure made her momma proud!!

It sounds as though you had a fantastic weekend, Crystal Caity. What a good way to start off the summer.

I'm still nursing my sore back and trying to stay OP while avoiding MSG. It's not easy. Saw the Dr on Friday and she was impressed with the weight loss..
However, I now need blood work, colonoscopy, etc,etc. Yiu know how it goes. Just as well, I guess.

Take it easy, everybody...........................Jo
Old 05-03-2004, 10:31 AM   #9  
RNMOM

Default Hi Chicks

Sun is shining and I'll be headed out for my walk. I started lifting weights on Saturday and will go again tonight. Stayed OP, but the weight loss has slowed significantly. I've played around with a pound for about 2 weeks now. I decided to go back to phase 1 and see if I can amp things up. Had some string cheese, 1/2 green pepper and some v8 for breakfast. Sounds nasty but it was delicious. I'll miss the fruit, maybe that's what slowed me down.

Sounds like you all have a busy day planned.
Old 05-03-2004, 09:41 PM   #10  
Believe it & Achieve it

Hey all, I'm back! Hopefully this time for longer than a day...lol. DBF got my computer up and running. It's been a constant battle for computer time with his new job. That's the price you pay when you work from home I guess.

So, now I can post when I want to without having someone looking over my shoulder waiting for the latest fax/email/quote.

Things on SBD have been going well, dropped another 10 pds the last 2 months. My friend and co-worker asked me to be her diet/excercise buddy and it has been very motivational. We've kind of slumped on the excercise part but between job/kids and signifigant others we are lucky to be able to find time to sit for 5 min (like every other normal human being!) I've done fairly well on my own trying to get out for at least 20 min here and there to walk or run and going to swim class on occassion.

There is so much else that has changed in the last few months since the move but it would be a novel to write it all and I doubt it would be a bestseller, although you never know!

It's good to be back and here is to another 10 pds!
Closed Thread