Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2004, 08:34 AM   #1  

Default CCRRMM Sizzling and Slimming in the Spring & Summer Palace

Because the size of the last thread begins to resemble my former girth, I'm immodestly assuming the authority to start a new thread.

Because spring has crept into almost every area of the realm, it's time to begin our move to the Palace of Spring and Summer where bright sunlight banishes those tired gray days and gives added spirit to our journey into health. In the spring and summer palace there are so many more fresh and nutritious food choices available, so many opportunities for exercise and enthusiasm, so many more hours of daylight in which to pursue our goals of "putting us out there".

Well, we just can't fail now, can we, Royals? Failure is not an option. And though we may have occasionally faltered in past days, May is the time to set those feet straight once again on the path to swimsuits and svelte.

Last edited by anagram; 05-02-2004 at 08:39 AM.
Old 05-02-2004, 12:26 PM   #2  
Empress/Queen

Yo!!!! Thanks for starting this springalicious thread, Anagramatic!!!! And if I didn't congratulate thee on thy weight loss before: CONGRATULATIONS!!!! You're doing a great job!!!

I'm really happy to be able to post safely again and really happy my latest extended eating fiesta did not result in my going back to the 150s. So I did not make my May Day goal but feel as though I did. I'm up a half pound and am restarting from there with a goal to lose four pounds this month! I'm thinking this month has GOT to be more problem free than last ... although it's not looking that way at the moment, but I'm not going to cope by eating too much and exercising too litte.

That said, I'm about ready for brunch!

Later ...
Old 05-02-2004, 01:33 PM   #3  
Hot Stuff

Hello fellow s!

Amarantha, you will make that 100lb mark, I have complete faith in you. Glad the spam thing seems to have resolved itself. I hope the same can be said for whatever is the cause of your recent depression. If you want to share, you know we are all here for you.

I have come to the conclusion that while I cannot control what other people in my life choose to do, I can control what I choose to do. Really, wallowing in chocolate does not solve anything and for sure does not help the health quest. I have been playing on the South Beach half-heartedly and have discovered that I do feel much better with less refined carbs in my diet. Can't quite do all the required vegetables with my wonky gut, but I am working out a happy medium and plan to incorporate it with daily exercise. I am done with diets and restricted eating plans. Common sense is my new modus operandi.

So, having said all that, I am setting my sights on a 5lb goal. Not 10, 20, or 30. Just 5. Anyone want to join me?

Now I hear there is a journal thread somewhere....I'm off to look for it.
Old 05-02-2004, 02:18 PM   #4  
Empress/Queen

Thanks, Wildfire! I do fell better today ... am ignoring all bad things (including work) in favor of getting eating and exercise back on track and finishing a mystery novel I'm reading. Thanks for posting on the journal thread ... I just said hi to thee there.

Quote of the Century: "Wallowing in chocolate does not solve anything ... " ~ Wildfire

That about says it!
Old 05-02-2004, 07:31 PM   #5  
deleted2

Hail Queen Anagram the Bold for putting herself out there and starting a new thread! Thank you, Anagram!!!

I'm feeling good about May---so far so good and all that. Purchased my first bathing suit in 3 years just a few days ago. It's a very modest 2 piece---but a 2 piece nonetheless!!! One of those that flatters the figure with a 'mini- skirt' bottom and a tank top. It's nice; I won't feel so exposed on the boardwalk. Feels good to just do it!

Old 05-02-2004, 07:51 PM   #6  
Empress/Queen

Hooray for E and her two-piece bathing suit!!! I'm betting she looketh terrific in it! A true NSV!!!!

I'm off to do Wae Lana yoga. Will return to post my report on the journal thread later ... much later ... I always do it too early and then have to edit because just saying I'm done eating makes me want to eat.

Will note that I had white rice today for the first time in ages ... it's not really as high glycemic as people think and I put some lf cheese on it, but having come to prefer the more nutritious brown, I found I had a bad reaction to the white ... more so than if I'd eaten a donut (which I did not because I'm cutting sugar out for today, at least!) ...
Old 05-03-2004, 06:55 AM   #7  

Hello all!!

Fresh thread feels good!

OK.... here we go...

I will join you Wildfire... 5 lbs sounds doable!

What a weekend! Friday and Saturday lots of steps with the yard sale... yesterday... slept in till 6 am and then suprised DH by showing up at a big yard clean up ... to be his helper! He was going to do as much as he could before the rain came in and I knew with help, there was a good chance of getting the job done.... and....knew I'd burn more activity points outside than in!!

Yes, seems like the weekends have us all running different directions....
but Monday is upon us and its time to check in and FRESH START MONDAY!!

Thought of the day :

"Learning is finding out what you already know...."
--Richard Bach

Question of the day :

"If money was no object, what kind of car(motor vechicle) would you pick?"

hee hee.... scale says that after the 3 days of running, stretching, etc, etc,... I'm up 2 lbs.... do you think my cycle due to hit??? hmmmmmmmm....MAYBE!!
and its full moon too! YIKES!!

Here we go Monday, here we go!

KETTLE IS ON!
Old 05-03-2004, 06:56 AM   #8  

Default Monday Grin --PG RATED

MONDAY GRIN ( PG RATED)

A crusty old biker walks into a bank and says to the woman at the teller
window "I want to open a da** checking account."

The astonished woman replies, "I beg your pardon, sir. I must have
misunderstood you. What did you say?"

"Listen up, da** it. I said I want to open a da** checking account
now!"

"I'm very sorry sir, but that kind of language is not tolerated in this
bank."

The teller leaves the window and goes over to the bank manager to inform
him of her situation. The manager agrees that the teller does not have
to listen to that foul language.

They both return to the window and the manager asks the old biker, "Sir,
what seems to be the problem here?"

"There is no da** problem," the man says. "I just won 50 million
dollars in the da** lottery and I want to open a da** checking account
in this da** bank!"

"I see, " says the manager, "and is this b**** giving you a hard time?"
Old 05-03-2004, 12:12 PM   #9  
Spreadin' the luv.

Talking Monday Morning

Thank you, Your Highness Anagram, for leading us fearlessly to our bright new land. Camelot, you could say.

Ah. I am SO pre-caffeine right now.

It did my heart good to come in this morning and see you all here, bright-eyed, bushy-tailed and ready with new goals wiggling in your pockets. I think for May I just want to lose two pounds. Just two. I'll have to tell you which two pounds those will be after my weigh-in at Gold's tonight. I suspect I've gained. Eep.

I had a good weekend, yes, even without Ramon. Saturday I did indeed tidy the apartment, then took a bus to the local mall, swept down its entire length, thundered into Lane Bryant, threw clothes this way and that (and then carefully hung them properly again for the ladies were having a tough day) and came out triumphant with two delicious knee-length pencil skirts (slit in front ) and another pair of long pants. Then I stopped at a kiosk and bought a bright purple cover for my phone. Then I stopped at another kiosk and had my blood-sugar checked (I have diabetes in my family), but it was 81, so I'm good. So, I won't sport with your patience by going step-by-step through the whole weekend, but I slept, read, tidied, watched movies and ate out at a lovely Ethiopian place with a glass of wine and my book. Ramon came home last night. He had a wonderful weekend with the couple he stayed with, and they actually got all of his old friends in the area together to spend Saturday with him. He felt very loved. I was really, really glad for him.

Amarantha, I'm absolutely amazed that you're nearing the 100-pound mark. I actually brag a lot that I have a friend that's lost a small person, and a lot of my sentences that pertain to weight loss begin with "Well, Amarantha says...". See? You're an inspiration! I'm so sorry you're dealing with depression, my dearest. Thinking about you today...

Kaylets, it's embarrassing, but you and I cycle at the same time. With the full moon. Gawd, how freaky can you possibly get? It's so sweet that you went and surprised your husband! Awwwww! Thanks for the grin, by the way. And QOD: I would buy a Mini-Cooper. Actually, we're getting one in the next few years anyway. Ramon and I both LOVE those little cars!

Eydie, your swimsuit sounds naughtynaughtynaughty. Is it the ruffly kind of skirt or the straight, James-Bond kind, like in the '60s? Either way...naughty! Pictures? I sound pervy, don't I, but that's not how I mean it.

Ramon and I rented something called "The Magdalene Sisters", based on true events, about the Magdalene Laundries - some sort of work/reform, Catholic place for pregnant or wayward unmarried ladies - ghoulish. Joni Mitchell sang a song about it on an album we have of hers, but I never knew it was a real place. Can't wait to see it. Have you guys heard of it?

Wildfire, I wallowed in chips this weekend. Literally. I feel your pain. We'll get it right, honey, never fear.

OK, ladies, just one more instance in which you've made me feel 100% better about my Journey Toward Health. Getting off the ground, brushing off my butt and moving forward, thanks to you! Aw, ****, let's be pink today! Bibbity-bobbity-BOO!!!

Love,
Old 05-03-2004, 02:18 PM   #10  
Empress/Queen

Yo! Brevity mode as I'm supposed to be working on a deadline story from heck. When I get it done, I'm going to hide out from the universe for the rest of the day but will come back and make my report on the journal challenge thread!!!! So glad it's back and I can safely post each day.

Cerise, thanks for the kind words and for thinking about me. I seem to really need the support right now ... but I'm absolutely determined to get four pounds off this month and that'll perk me right up.

s, it is not a matter of me being obsessed with weight loss or thinking it's the only thing in life that'll make me happy. That's not the case. It's just that this weight loss is tied in with a lot of other things in me working to make the best life I can for myself (and for Old Dog, Silly Cat and Bright Budgies). And it's unfinished business, a goal (to be at 135 pounds and maintain that) that I've set but haven't reached yet, a job that needs to be done.

I do not believe whatever forces in the universe that evolved over the eons to become the entity that is me (assuming it took that long) meant for my spirit to be encased in extra weight. Amen.

K, thanks for the Monday grin ... that made me laugh!!!! Do not worry about the effects of the full moon (unless thou be sprouting fangs and long talons and baying at midnight) ... they are temporary! Tell Scale to be quiet!!!!

QOD: My car was a gift from someone very important to me, so whatever amount of money I possessed, I would have the same vehicle.

Ok, I have to go back to work now. Really. I'm going. Right now.

Sigh.
Old 05-03-2004, 02:46 PM   #11  
Spreadin' the luv.

My darling Amarantha, thanks for sharing a bit of what you're feeling right now. I feel you - goals undone squeak and patter and nibble at your brain matter (uh, that rhymes. Didn't mean to do that ) inside your head and give you no rest.

I'm praying for serenity and a deep certainty that that happy day you speak of will indeed come.

I've never doubted it, my dear.
Old 05-03-2004, 05:12 PM   #12  
deleted2

Loved your story, Kaylets! And about the question, if I had a choice of vehicle, I'd choose something ultra reliable and station-wagon-y. Not into the glitz--- as far as my cars anyway!

Cerise, no no no. Absolutely no ruffles on my bathing suit---especially since I saw on "What Not To Wear" that ruffles make one look wider. It's a straight black mini skirt kind of thing. Maybe I'll slap on some self-tanner and send you a pic, you lucky creature!

Amarantha, yes, you'll get to 135 and you'll stay there. I know it I know it! No escaping your destiny----and then we'll have a party!

I was reading a book of essays this morning by Debrena Jackson Gandy. It's called "All the Joy You can Stand". [Don't you love that title?!] Here's a quote: "I kept getting amnesia, forgetting that God gave me one body for this trip. This was it. This was the body I'd been GIFTED with. This was not a practice model. No trade-ins, no exchanges or returns. We were together for the long haul. Yet, I kept treating my body as if my REAL body was going to arrive any minute. Like this one was for a test run."
Made me think of all the times I've disrespected my body [and still do sometime]. And other times I'm so overcome with appreciation for this 'vehicle' that I could weep! I'd love to be able to love my body 100% of the time. Now there's a worthy goal!

Last edited by deleted2; 05-03-2004 at 05:15 PM.

Old 05-03-2004, 06:01 PM   #13  
caffeine free!

Hi,
Just stoping to say I like the new digs. Now if I only had a summer palace in real life...
Old 05-03-2004, 06:18 PM   #14  
Spreadin' the luv.

Eydie, that's what I thought. Naughty.
Old 05-03-2004, 11:42 PM   #15  
Empress/Queen

Yo! You're on for the party, E!!!! Even though I crashed and burned calorically today (see menu thread for gory details), I hear the siren song o' 135 off in the distance, but moving closer!!! Yowza!!!

Hi, Zadie k!!! Er, real life? What's that?

Cerise, your phraseology about the squeak and patter inside my brain is quite apt ... that's pretty much where I am ...

But yep, I will get there and so will we all!!!!

And then the journey really begins.

Eydie, I love your identification of the goal of giving your body 100 percent of the respect it's due!!! Thanks for sharing the Gandy quote. It's true, we do have this one vehicle to get us through life. Not to do right by it and work on it to make it the best it can be seems very illogical.

I need to go read a book or something.

Closed Thread