Old 05-01-2004, 06:47 AM   #1  

Default Time For Serious Fun #66

TIME FOR SERIOUS FUN #62

We are a thread dedicated to making losing weight a pleasant experience. We laugh, cry and talk together. We have challenges, points for staying on program, drinking our water, and exercising. We have a daily topic to join in. Our only focus is to help us realize that dieting and all that goes with it need not be unpleasant, but can be fun. Come join the fun here at Time for Serious Fun! Everyone is Welcome!

TOPICS:

Monday: Mission Monday New mission each week
Tuesday: Target Tuesday We target something to work on
Wednesday: Wednesday's Woes Our day to complain about anything and everything
Thursday: Time for Us Thursday The day set aside to pamper us!
Friday: Fabulous Lbs Down Friday. Report our losses!
Saturday: Sunny Thoughts Saturday We share stories and jokes to help us smile
Sunday: Silly Poll Sunday A new poll to give your thoughts to every week

POINTS VALUES:

STAYING ON PROGRAM IS 2 POINTS
DRINKING YOUR WATER IS 1 POINT
EXERCISING IS 1 POINT

POSTING A WTG: A WTG IS WHEN SOMETHING NON WEIGHT LOSS HAPPENS TO YOU LIKE A NEW DRESS IN A SMALLER SIZE. TO POST A WTG, USE ALL CAPS AND POST IT IN PINK. FOR EXAMPLE: WTG: I rode my bike 2 miles instead of one today.

SECOND QUARTER CHALLENGE MAY 1-SEPT 1. THE MOST LBS LOST WILL WIN A $30 VISA GIFT CARD! ONLY THOSE WHO ARE MEMBERS AS OF THE START OF THE QUARTER ARE ELIGIBLE FOR THE PRIZE, NEWBIES, ARE ELIGIBLE THE NEXT QUARTER THOUGH ALL MAY JOIN THE CHALLENGE!

Last edited by gma22; 05-01-2004 at 06:50 AM.
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2004, 06:56 AM   #2  

SATURDAY: Today is Sunny Thoughts Saturday. What funny story, silliness or anecdote can you add to our day to make us smile?

Good Morning Ladies. I haven't heard from the other Sandy so drum roll please..........................OUR FIRST TIME FOR SERIOUS FUN CHALLENGE WINNER OF THE $30 VISA GIFT CARD IS CARRI WITH A WHOPPING 34 LBS LOST!!!!!

Congratulations, Carri, on a superb job. Now let's all follow her lead and really kick butt the second quarter.

Faye
Old 05-01-2004, 08:44 AM   #3  

Default On with the Challenge!

What a great day! It's 8 am and I am getting ready to get on the treadmill. Yesterday was a 4 pointer for me. Stayed on my plan, barely got my water in (only 75 oz but that is my minimum. I worked out with the bellydancing twins in the a.m. (too tame for a vet - got to try one of the more advanced tapes), and I did a lower body bowflex workout with hubby.

We almost fell out yesterday morning about diet choices. I am committed to having an extraordinary relationship with him (Landmark Forum training) - so we are going to start Atkins today and give it a whirl.

Today is busy - shopping, cooking, preparing for a week-long conference for work - setting up an inventory for a sales committee I am chairing, and I found out just yesterday my proposal to present a workshop was accepted - to be presented twice - I have not even begun the prep for that! I think I have more fodder to add to my book I am writing about the superwoman syndrome. But I am deterimined to stay OP.

Faye - I want to participate in the next challenge - my current weight is 229. I am still praying for you - wow an hour long interview!

Carri - WTG - you are awesome - my herione - you give me hope!

mscat
sw238/cw229/gw140 - mini goal 220 by Disneywork 5/14/04!
mscat816 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2004, 09:04 AM   #4  

Congratulations Carrie.....You ROCK girl!!

My sunny thought for today is that yesterday it made it up to 85 degrees!!!! And today is warm too......and I"M WEARING SHORTS! ON PURPOSE!!! Usually I just suffer in my jeans until it's so hot I just can't stand it (usually late July), but today I'm wearing shorts shorter than I've worn since high school. And they look good, too! I'd have worn them yesterday, but I had to do alot more shaving!

Some years we just don't get a spring.....hop right from late winter into summer. Right now that's just fine with me! I actually used the A/C in my new van....haven't had a/c in 15 years!!!

Well, everybody have a great weekend.......I'm taking the kids to the park and get some sun on these pasty legs of mine!

Oh yeah, I got 4 points yesterday.

Later babes,
Julie
Mirabelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2004, 12:05 PM   #5  
Zookeeper

Yay Carri!! Way to go!

There's a new class at our gym called Body Flex, and it combines parts from yoga, pilates, tai chi, etc. We went for the first time today and it is AMAZING! Not a lot of jumping and flailing, but lots of strength and flexibility and balance. It ends with relaxation, which is good for my constant stress! I'm going to try to go 2 or 3 times a week.

My happiness for the day is all the housework I'm getting done. I'm crabby at my husband, and I do my best cleaning when I'm mad.

Have a great Saturday!

Jessica
zookeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2004, 01:14 PM   #6  
Gym'll fix it!!

Hi Everyone

CONGRATULATIONS CARRI

I'm really busy doing yardwork and i'm just about to go out to 'kill' some more scotch broom i must be burning calories doing all this

Faye, I'll opt out of the gift card option if thats alright i doubt you girls have any competition with me at the moment anyway
cat90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2004, 01:38 PM   #7  
It is what it is...

Thanks Everyone !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It has not been easy
( as you all know ) but you all have helped me in someway and I really appreciate all of you...I look forward to losing 34 more !!! and 34 more after that

Good luck over the weekend, that is always the hardest for me!!!
Satine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2004, 04:00 PM   #8  

Cat: I just want to give you the opportunity and don't want you to think I am not including you. You are welcome to join in or opt out of anything we do here so thanks for letting me know for sure.

Julie: Shorts in Maine and it just turned to May! Good for you girl!!!! Next thing you know it will be swimsuits. Personally, you know I can't wait for that!

MsCat: I entered you into the spreadsheet so you are all set to lose lose lose!

Knobhdy: I have your info in the spreadsheet also.

Girls I am so pooped even my eyelashes (the one on each eye that I have ) are tired. I got up at 6 am, painted the right side of the kitchen countertops so all the counters are done, Jack resanded this outcropping part of the wall and the cabinet over the fridge (we had a leak from an upstairs toilet a while back and I hadn't gotten to repainting UGH!) and I finished painting the kitchen cabinets, then I got down on my hands and knees and stripped, cleaned, the remopped the whole kitchen floor, laundry room floor and bathroom floor, cleaned the bathroom, oh yeah fixed and cleaned up breakfast and lunch in there somewhere, did a load of laundry and cleaned all painted and floor cleaning junk up and put it away. I am dirty, stinky and tired! I am going to go and shower and fold a load of clthes and sit on my behind for awhile and read I think.

Everyone have a spectacular day!

Faye
Old 05-01-2004, 09:49 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 249/215/165

Height: 5/5

Congrats Carri!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Faye, I know about being exhausted. I got up at 3 a.m. started work at 4 a.m. worked til 12:30 p.m. Played driver and hauled Corey to a birthday party for about 2 hrs and then got him back to his Granny's house. Went back to work for call backs and finished that around 6:30 p.m.. Went to my mother's house and then had to take her and Corey to WalMart. It is now close to 10 p.m. I have worked 10 hours and put over 200 miles on my car and I cannot move!

Night chickies!
gigglez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2004, 06:36 AM   #10  

SUNDAY: Today is Silly Poll Sunday and our Silly Poll for this week is:

What are man's greatest and worst inventions?

SandyG: Sounds like you had a really really busy day. My hands are sore from scrubbing (I have one of those Black and Decker Power scrubber things) and my butt cheeks from getting up and down, but I figure it is good exercise! Hope you get some good rest today!

Have a good morning ladies and I will talk with you later!

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us. -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Faye

Last edited by gma22; 05-02-2004 at 06:38 AM.
Old 05-02-2004, 11:33 AM   #11  

Happy Sunday
I've been off plan for a while because I went out to ice cream with some friends after seeing a play at my old High School...well not really mine...they built a brand new one after I graduated and the next day was "Mom's weekend" so my mother and I drove back down here and did brunch. I was so tired yesterday and didn't get any exercise in, but did friday and will today....water has been right on track!

A big congrats to you Carri on those 34 pounds to win the challenge!
Scuzin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2004, 09:28 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 249/215/165

Height: 5/5

OK for the silly poll, my answer is lupron. Granted it was marketed to treat men with prostrate cancer and that is great if it helps them. The bad thing is that it is given to women for other things and it is so bad for us that it is devestating(sp). Enough now
gigglez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2004, 06:28 AM   #13  

MONDAY: Today is Mission Monday and our Mission this week is to FIND TIME FOR YOURSELF! I have noticed everyone seems to be incredibly busy. You need this week to find at least an hour for you everyday. It doesn't matter what you do, even sitting staring into space, but it is easy to become burned out and when you do that, the first thing we give up on is our weight loss program becaue it is the easiest to just forget about. Take time this week for you and you will be glad you did!

later ladies.

Faye
Old 05-03-2004, 08:59 AM   #14  
Cute and fun to be with

S/C/G: 250/ticker/125

Height: 5' 5.5"

Julie - I play in the SCA too. I tend to tell people that I play two types of combat, pad the person and pad the weapon.

On saturday, I was at at boff LARP (live action role playing game) which was fun. I were assaulted by peasants turned into monsters and we had to fight our way through a boy scout obstacle course to get to the machine that was causing the transformation. (we like our peasants as non-monsters, thanks.)

On Sunday I went to the SCA May Day celebration, where I ran the Baronial Fencing tournament. It was a great tourney and much fun. I, being the idiot I am, sat in the sun while I was score keeping (without sun block) and am now a bit red on the neck and I am so glad that I was wearing long sleeved garb. I had to go home directly after the tourney which was great for me because about the time I got home (I live about 1 mile from the site) it started pouring.

It was ok. I needed to bottle my beer anyway.

Congratulation Carrie! 34 pounds! Wow! Way to go!
Good luck to everyone on the next challenge.

I hope everyone has a great day.

Oh Julie - Will I see you at pennsic?
knobhdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2004, 10:56 AM   #15  

Good Morning
Things are going pretty well over here. I just didn't feel likebeing stuck in a gym yesterday so I went for a nice bike ride instead. It didn't go nearly as long as I intended because my bike is a little broken and I thought it best not to push it.
Have a good day everyone
Scuzin is offline   Reply With Quote