Old 04-30-2004, 06:16 PM   #1  
burned out bus driver

Default Stay at home Mom's #159

Welcome to a thread devoted to those who have the ultimate job of taking care of their family. Here you will find wonderful women raising a family and trying to find time to take care of themselves and their weight too. So if you are a SAHM jump right in and say hello and to all you who have been here before I look forward to a new day with you!!
ECmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2004, 06:31 PM   #2  
burned out bus driver

Well, I know that this will not be a long post......but surely better than yesterdays! (none at all!)

Spryng- congrats on the new debit cards. Hey, if they simplify your life (which for most of us is just too complicated anyway) then it is a good thing and I am happy for you. BTW, I love to crochet.....hope you are enjoying your afghan.

Michele- how did your day go? Get everything done that you wanted to?

Crystal- sounds like your back has been bad. Hope you are feeling better! (forgive me for not being up to date)

Geri- good for you getting your WATP tape done......should you be wearing a referree shirt while doing it????? (for Will and Tony) Forgive my sick humor attempt..........

Ricci- can't say I ever craved peanut butter and mustard.....but peanut butter by itself or with jelly is a different story!! So you are a fellow crocheter too?

Leigh- have a great vacation!!!!!!!

Ok, I know I have missed tons of you......but I am really a bear of little brain tonite. It has been a long week. We had that appt with the urologist.....who is taking Dd off all meds with the hope that she will not develop a UTI. IF she does, well, surgery is the next step. We could have the surgery now (same day- home that day) but Dd got awfully upset just hearing about it (minumally invasive, but general anesthesia) so we are for now, just biding our time. The Dr is ok with that. He does expect her to outgrow this condition. Then lets see....just a busy week at work.......Dd has a science fair tonite (so we were busy with her project), lots of softball and baseball......aw the list goes on. I have done some stress eating.....and knew I would ever get to WW this week. Next week I will. I have been a good girl with either walking or doing my tapes.
Oh, well, better go- gotta feed Dd before the science fair. Have a great weekend!
Ginny (Hi to those who I did not greet personally)
ECmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2004, 07:11 PM   #3  
2BoysMom

Hi all

Ginny...referee shirt YOU CRACK ME UP!!

Tony just spilled my LARGE mug of water all over the carpet down here I overdrew our checking account 2 DAYS AGO I never do that and they didn't let me know! I just emailed them to see if they're going to charge me and if we can get OD protection in case I'm stupid again and forget some auto withdrawals This is what I used to do for a living and I've never, NEVER overdrawn my personal account. I'm so freakin' po'd at myself! OK, thanks...I'm over it now

Now I've forgotten what everyone else posted so that's all I have to say for now...just came on to vent! Thanks for listening ladies. I'll be much more pleasant later.
Chubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2004, 08:04 PM   #4  
SAHM of 3

this is just a quick one too. I feel like snacking today and I've done pretty good. I have fallen into a few temptations, but I'm trying to hold it under control. You all know Fridays are not easy for me. I'm a little ticked, upset, or whatever at dh so the temptations are flooding me. I'll be back later when I can compose myself better.
Hi to all.
watkinsguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2004, 08:34 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Good Evening!!

Ginny- Good to see you posting again I really hope your life slows down a little bit, lol but I know that is wishful thinking for the sahm!! Yes I got all my stuff taken care of today, my two big projects were cleaning the refridgerator and restocking it, and scrubbing the bathroom top to bottom, I do keep up with it with fly lady but I still like to give it a really good bleach dousing every week.

Geri - I have only overdrawn my checking account twice and they were because hubby used the debit card without telling me, now we have online banking and its so much easier that I can just go online and check my balance before i go out shopping. I really recommend it if you don't already have it.

Spryng - Sounds like you had a busy day! I hope you relaxed while making your afghan I used to know how to crochet when I was a kid but I've long since forgotten maybe when my mom comes back she'll teach me .

Well I'm sure everyone knows that I was debating switching from atkins to WW but I went to the doctor today and she wanted me to use the south beach diet because it allows you more fruits and vegetables so I'm officially starting SB tomorrow I went and bought the book today so I'm gonna do some reading. She also gave me the prescription for Meridia (the weight loss drug) and so I see her once a month for a weigh in and check up and I have to keep a diary of all food I put in my mouth and all exercise. So hopefully it will help!! I'm excited to get started and see if it will help me, my sister had great results with meridia she lost about 45 lbs just by using meridia. So if I have a good diet and exercise and meridia I should have wonderful results!! Dinner tonight is BBQ rib eye steak with sauteed mushrooms and a salad with thou. island dressing which is actually low carb 3 carbs for 2 tblspn. Okay guys I'm gonna go eat my dinner. I'll post again later!

Michelle
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2004, 09:49 PM   #6  
SAHM of 3

Thumbs down Good Night, or just Night

Hi girls. I'm a little moody and snacky. I keep telling myself to go have a small bowl of Rocky Road ice cream, but yet I know I shouldn't. At least y'all should know the purpose of this forum is working, normally I wouldn't be pondering it, if I thought about eating some, I would. I know I shouldn't but I'm in one of those moods right now. I think it's the week before TOM which is when I get effected with temptations and mood swings.

I didn't take notes I just hope everyone had a good day and great night. Tomorrow is my garage sale and it's suppose to storm through afternoon, YEAH. But it's already in the paper and those avid garage salers, which I am, will be there.

I'll check in sometime tomorrow, I hope everyone has a great Saturday.
TTYL
Old 04-30-2004, 10:22 PM   #7  

Crystal - Good luck with your garage sale!! I hope the weather reports are wrong!! And, I think that if you really feel like having some ice cream have some just don't overdue it My whole philosophy is that if you don't indulge in your cravings sometimes you'll end up falling off the wagon. Moderation, moderation, moderation. I went off plan today cuz I'm starting fresh tomorrow with South Beach.

EEKKKKSSSS sorry I didnt know I was carrying on and on lol. HaHa you guys should know by now that I'm a talker lol.

Well I got a new book today that I want to delve into. Anyone read "The Lovely Bones" I've only got a little bit into it and its good so far I'm sure I'll finish it in a few days.

OK I'll talk to ya'll later
Michelle
Old 04-30-2004, 10:41 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 185/185/145

Hi ladies, I would love to join your group. I'm a SAHM ( obviously) and just relocated to Iowa. My husband just got out of the Marine Corps, and is working now for the local Police Department. This past year we had our 3rd child, and it has been quite the year. I am not one of those lucky people who loose a ton of wieght by breastfeeding, so I am only 10 lbs lighter over the past year, since he was born. My goal is to loose about 35 lbs, although 20 would make the doctor happy. I'm at 167 now, and want to see 157 by June 7th ( our second wedding anniversary). I guess that's it, I look forward to getting to know you all.
favepairobluejeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2004, 11:03 PM   #9  

Favepairobluejeans!! So glad to have you join our group!! I'm Michelle Sahm to 2 yo girl Taylor and 6.5 month old girl Teagan. Have you decided on a program yet or just counting calories? I'm aiming to lose about 100 lbs myself. Let me just fill you in on something most of us do and you may see us talking about check out flylady.net it has helped a lot of us get our houses in order!! I know I truely enjoy it and it makes chores so much easier. I have to credit Penny for giving me the link on that one
Good luck on your weight loss journey and welcome to SAHM's!! This is the greatest group of women

Take Care
Michelle
Old 05-01-2004, 08:17 AM   #10  
SAHM of 3

Hi FAVEPAIROBLUEJEANS, welcome. I'm Crystal. SAHM of 3. Alisa -5, Ally almost 3, and Andrew 17 months today. We live in Texas. Love for you to join. Post often, you will begin to feel like we're family. Hope we can help you.

Michelle, I am so proud of myself. I did have some ice cream. But believe it or not, I only had less than a cup, probably 1/3c-3/4c somewhere around there. That's an accomplishment for me. I didn't feel too bad after having it either.

Well girls, I've got to go get ready for this garage sale thing. I'll check in much later tonight.
Old 05-01-2004, 09:23 AM   #11  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Wink

Hi Ladies,

Ginny,
Please keep us informed about your dd. What type of kidney problems does she have? Is it reflux? Andrew has hydroneuprosis. He has a blockage in the tube to his left kidney. We go back to the urologist ourselves in the next couple weeks for another renal scan. Is she having the renal scans done?
I will keep you in my prayers. I know how you feel!

Crystal,
I am not going to lecture you about eating b/c I have been off plan myself for a couple weeks now. But I tell you a couple weeks ago I was down to 167.5 and now I am up to 172 I do know the longer you stray from plan the further you will be from goal. Let me know if you need anything BTW, Congrats on the ice cream moderation! Yah! Hope you make a fortune at the garage sale.

Geri,
I know how you feel about the checkbook. I am another one who never overdraws. I do have the od protection to our savings though, just in case.
How are you doing in Tops? Are you the top "loser"?

Spryng,
How are you doing? Congrats on the loss!!! I say 125 is great and if you ever go under that, it is just a bonus

Leigh,
Have fun on vacation!!!!

Melinda,
Are you back on plan? Let me know if you need anything or just wanna talk. I know you have alot of your plan with work and everything! When do you go back to MOMS Club?

Mary,
How is the weather over there? It has been pouring here for days!

favepairobluejeans,
Welcome! I am Penny, SAHM to 3 boys I know what you mean about not losing while nursing. I just started losing myself and Andrew is 10 1/2 mo old. Are you still nursing or is your little boy finished?

Jessi,
How are you doing?

Ricci,
Is it still raining there?

Cindi,
Congrats on the great loss! WTG!!

Michelle,
How are you doing so far on South Beach?

As for me, I am back on plan finally ! YAH! Michelle motivated me again and I am back on! I have changed my weigh in day to Sunday to hopefully keep me on plan better on the weekend!

Hope everyone has a great Saturday!
Does anyone have any big plans this weekend?

YOUR FRIEND PENNY
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2004, 10:26 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Good morning all!
First of all let me welcome favepairobluejeans (do you have a shorter name we can call you? lol) I am Spryng. Mother of 3. Ava 4, Bubba (aka Joseph) 3, and Tanner 10 months old. I've been battling my weight since my wedding 6 years ago and just this month I hit my first goal weight! I am on WW, what plan are you doing or thinking of doing? I hope to see more posts from you and please feel at home here
Penny, you can get back down to 167! Don't let that scale get you down. Have you been thinking about trying a different plan? I noticed SB is so difficult for you to stick with. And no, I have no plans for this weekend. I may go to Dh's cousin's house tomorrow for a visit but not sure on that yet. She is the one I tan with.
Crystal, congrats on the portion control with the ice cream! Doesn't that feel good. I did the same thing last night. After tanning I took the kids out for ice cream and got me a great big brownie earthquake, but after eating less than half of it I was satisfied and gave the rest to the kids (who had already scarfed down their cones, lol) Just knowing it's not off limits helps me to not over do it like it will be my last icecream ever, you know?
Michelle, that is you in your avatar right?? You don't look like you are 100 lbs overweight. You look good! Very pretty. And thanks for posting on my success story! I was very bored yesterday and was running around all over these boards, lol. Then I thought posting my story would be a good idea. Thanks for reading it! What is your book about? How is day 1 going on the SB diet? I know you can do it!!
Geri I hope you got things worked out at your bank. That is one reason we switched to bank of america, it has great over draft protection and it's all online too so I can see what goes through and where my balance is. Does yours do that? Hope today is a better day for you.
Ginny, thanks for starting a new thread! And so glad to see a great post from you! I guess I am in the dark on your dd, what is wrong with her? Something with her kidneys or bladdder? I hope she doesn't have to go through surgery but is it enevitable?

Well it's just another long saturday for me. It stormed last night so I put Bubba in bed with Ava and boy was that a mistake. I woke up at 12:30 am to footsteps and stuff and got up to see what was going on and Bubba was jumping around Ava's room and bed having a gay old time! Ava was so tired but couldn't sleep with him doing that. So I got on to him and made him get back into her bed or else he was going to have to go to his room and he was so mad at me! you know those you can go to **** looks kids can give you? Well he gave me a few. So I went back to bed and still heard him going at it until after 1 am. So needless to say I am so tired today from a broken nights sleep and a little cranky, lol. But I'll survive. I have nothing planned for today. Just going to do my morning routine. Finished my entire living room over the course of last week so that is done and my weekend is free from my zone, looking forward to monday and starting on the front porch and such, which needs it. But I guess that is it. I ate all my flexpoints yesterday so I am back to my target today, but it was fun and delicious while they lasted, lol. The good news is DH will be home this upcoming friday. It just about kills me when he is gone 3 weeks. So I'm counting down the days... plus TOM is to hit this upcoming weekend so I'm sure I'll be moody for his hometime, lol. and it will affect my WI... sometimes being a woman sucks. lol. Ok.... blah blah blah... LOL. I'm getting off here to start my day. TTYL!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2004, 10:39 AM   #13  
Ready for ACTION!!!

Smile Morning Ladies!

How is everyone today? I am good. I slept a little late and I am glad.

Food and exercise was great yesterday. I am happy! My 14yo MALE said my pants were all too big! How cool is that? Today I hope I do as good, I need to go buy food and haven't had much time to do so. The fruit selections around here aren't very special right now.

Michelle, I know several people who do South Beach and LOVE it. I do think it's a diet you can live with long term. Especially being allowed fruits and stuff at some point. I am still just using portion control as my guide, once I get to a slow down I might have to do something more specific to kick it up a notch. But I am even babystepping it with my eating plan. I bet you'll like SBD! Let me know if you need recipes, I can hook you up with my friend, who is a moderator for a SBD board at iVillage. She is awesome.

Crystal, Moderation is GOOD! It shows control. I was thrilled for being able to refuse a candy bar at the grocery store!! But to eat and be able to quit is even better.

We will miss you, Leigh!!

Where is Jessi???

Welcome Favepairobluejeans, you will just love it here! I am Cindi, mom to 7. I have lost 17.5 pounds since 3/30/04 and I couldn't have done it wouthout these great ladies!

Penny, Glad you are back on plan!! YOu can do it!!

Ginny, Hope the dd is gonna be okay!!

Where is everyone? WAKE UP!!!!

Gotta scoot!
BIGtimeLOSER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2004, 10:50 AM   #14  

Good Morning Girls!!

Well I haven't had any breakfast yet I always have to take my thyroid medicine then wait an hour to eat anything but I'm going to have 2 eggs scrambled and a slice of ham with a cup of black coffee and a glass of crystal light. Lunch is gonna be tuna on a salad with viniagrette dressing, and dinner I'm going to have a rib eye steak with mushrooms and some steamed asparagus.

Spryng - yes thats me in my avatar but keep in mind you can only see my face lol and if you pose it a certain way it doesnt look so fat lol. Heres one for ya: you know your fat when you practice face poses in the mirror so you know how to hold your head and only have one chin LOL!! If you go to my profile you can see a slimmer pic of me just after i had my first baby I think I was about 170 in that one. I did get my 2 mile walk in already this morning so thats over with and I dont have to put it off and maybe end up not doing it.

Penny!!! I'm sooo glad to see you posting! How is the plan going? What for breakfast?

Crystal - WTG!! See you can indulge and stay on plan Moderation is the key and I say you have wonderful control, you do know that the ice cream was posing as a test for you right? lol It was saying crystal come eat me you know you want to, but you did just fine and didnt over do it!! I'm so proud!!

Well I should get some things done for today but Hubby cleaned up the house before he went to work so there isnt that much for me to do. I'm sure I'll find something. Yesterday I went to target and got one of those wicker laundry baskets with the linen lining in it, Now taylor can pick up the toys she plays with a lot and keep them in the living room with out the place looking like a train hit it. Maybe I'll go to home depot and get some flowers for my flower boxes ehhh who knows lol saturdays tend to be a bit chaotic for me lol. Ok girls I better get off here and do a few five minute room rescues. My weekends are filled with room rescues lol.
Ok guys ttyl!!
Michelle
Old 05-01-2004, 10:51 AM   #15  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Hi Ladies,

Cindi,
OH cool! I didn't even know ivillage had a sb thread. Gonna check it out!
That is so neat that your pants are getting to big on you!!!!!!
Yah for you!!!!

Spryng,
Yes, SB has been difficult for me but I don't think it has been the plan. I think it might be from the breastfeeding. I was doing great on it and with the nursing and then all of sudden the last couple weeks Andrew has been wanting to nurse all the time. I think it is making me hungry. Anyhow, Probably just making excuses for myself blah blah blah....
But this is the only plan I have ever liked.. I am still gonna give it a little longer and see how things pan out!

Jump my butt if you see me off plan again though!!!!!

Have a great day everyone!
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote