Old 04-27-2004, 01:46 PM   #1  
my body my temple

Default Canada Day Challenge!

So I've called myself Miss.Procrastinator.....

I thought I would get my butt into gear and I joined the gym but I can make an excuse everyday not to go. Whether it's the weather, my long day at work, homework or work preperation - I'm the excuse queen. I mentally beat myself up before I go to bed because I didn't eat well or exercise that day, but when I wake up I still don't do anything.

I have tried to stick to diet plans but I give up if I don't see results. I have stuck 90 pounds on my body in only two years, the only positive thing about the first 40 pounds was because I quit smoking after 14yrs. The next 50 pounds came from making excuses for not smoking ie: I am substituting food for smoking. Whatever, I was telling myself that it was ok. Ummmm nope - not okay.

Anyways, I'm at my highest and I want to get back to 160pds. It's not the 'model' weight nor the dream weight but it's my healthy feel good about me weight and that is my new goal. Now that I've reached that end of my rope maybe I can start climbing back to the top.

I'm calling this thread Canada Day Challenge, although I welcome all my American friends to join as well. My parents are visiting me for the week of Canada day and I would love to be able to show them a healthier me.

Goal: July 1 (Canada Day) - 235pds
Miss.Procrastinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2004, 02:11 PM   #2  
One step at a time...

S/C/G: 236/236/166

Is the challenge to lose 15 pounds by July 1? Or are we each supposed to set our own? I would like to take your challenge but just wanted to know how it is going to work. Thanks!
JEO1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2004, 02:52 PM   #3  
my body my temple

Hi ya Jenn!

Thanks for replying to the thread and welcome aboard! I set my personal goal for 15pds by July 1st. The amount of weight you would like to take off is souly up to you and what you feel you can realistically accomplish. I have realized from past experience that you body decides if it wants to lose the weight or the inches so I suggest taking measurements as well, I will have my fiance measure me tonight. Oh that sounds funny. LOL. After July 1st we can move on and take this challenge further!
Old 04-27-2004, 03:48 PM   #4  
Gym'll fix it!!

Hi Miss P and Jenn

Count me in i've got relatives coming over in August and i want to show them a new and improved me i'm gonna try for 20lbs (10lbs per month for May + June) a bit ambitious but i've done it before when i'm really "serious" maybe we can get serious together Miss P cos i know where you are coming from with your attitude towards this

Starting Weight 169lbs / April 27th '04
Canada Day Challenge 149lbs
cat90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2004, 11:53 PM   #5  
my body my temple

Welcome Cat90! With alot of hard work your goal is realistically attainable, ambitious is good! I hear you about being "serious", as I take the train home from work and look at this beautiful BC sunshine I know that I need to keep myself focused because I have a feeling summer is coming early! Today I spent an hour and a half at the gym before going off to work. I have only gone three times since this week to the gym and I have had my membership since february - hence the name.....HA! I am going to start off with a promise to myself on going to the gym atleast three times a week, but if I go more than that *props* to me!!!

Last edited by Miss.Procrastinator; 04-27-2004 at 11:55 PM.
Old 04-28-2004, 09:01 AM   #6  
One step at a time...

15# sounds good to me...So I will set my sights on seeing 197 by Canada Day...Just in time to celebrate with a big ol' on the 4th of July Just kidding....but it would be nice

So 197 it is....I'll keep you posted and look forward to reading about your successes!

Go Chicks, Go!
Old 04-28-2004, 06:06 PM   #7  
Gym'll fix it!!

Hi Everyone

Awww Well at least you're going now Miss P better late than never as they say sounds like you're making up for it too 1.5hrs !! Well Done. Is'nt the weather wonderful? i just love it

Hi Jenn, glad you're in with us

I'm doing OK today although i know i could do better i'm missing chocolate after a major Easter Binge but i'll get into the swing of things i'm sure
Old 04-28-2004, 07:24 PM   #8  
One step at a time...

Off to a good start...I've had over 4 16.9 oz bottles of water today And after work I went to the gym, then came home and did my "Bellydance: Fitness for Beginners - Hips, Buns & Thighs" DVD....2 workouts...Now it's time to relax....
Old 04-28-2004, 10:35 PM   #9  
Gym'll fix it!!

Jeez Jenn i'll say you're off to a good start
Old 04-29-2004, 12:55 AM   #10  
my body my temple

Bellydancing!! Cool Beanz! Now that's something I'd love to try, although my belly looks a bit like a jello giggler at the moment. I didn't go to the gym today at all, but I did go for a nice fast walk up hill during my hour lunch break. I am trying really hard to cut down on my carbs and sugars and kick up the protien but it's payday on friday so this next few days the cupboards are kinda bare expect the usual leftovers and crackers and breads. I have a killer grocery list made up for the weekend so I am going to have a healthy kitchen once again. Cheers dollz and I'll catch ya tomorrow. Nighterz!!
Old 04-29-2004, 08:48 AM   #11  
One step at a time...

The Bellydance tapes are fun even though I too look like I could be made of jello. I only do them when I am home alone because I don't want an audience....

And Miss P., I just wanted to tell you that it is almost exciting to 'hear' someone not from Massachusetts use the saying "coolbeans"....I say that all the time and when I say it in front of out-of-staters I usually get a 'say-what?' look....
Old 04-29-2004, 08:29 PM   #12  
Gym'll fix it!!

I would'nt have a clue where to start with a belly dancing tape i'm not very co-ordinated and i'm just useless trying to follow a step routine its something to do with watching a mirror image that screws me up i put the wrong foot and arm out everytime i need to watch the person alongside of me if that makes sense? not the one in front

Well i screwed up today i went out shopping and i'd only had some weetabix for brekky so i bought some caramilk choc eggs while i was out i had planned my meals for today too but i was so hungry when i got home that i had something else instead the trouble is i can't decide which plan to follow and i keep trying something else after a few days i don't really give it a chance maybe i'll have to go back to calorie counting
Old 04-29-2004, 08:51 PM   #13  

Red face

undefinedundefined
Hi all,

Im new to this website, but would like to join you ladies in this challenge. Im the heavist ive ever weighed and am so tired of different diets that dont work. Just wondering if any of you have any tips on how to begin...any proven diets or good habits to follow..
krissyp77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2004, 01:27 AM   #14  
my body my temple

Welcome Krissy! I hear ya about being at your heaviest and sick of all the diets. I am not going to suggest anything but exercise and portion control. I am definitely no expert or nutritionist, but from previous experience 'diets' are not realistic. What we all have to do is a LIFESTYLE change, meaning eating healthy with appropriate servings and LOTS of exericse. I put on a magority of my weight because I was home all day with nothing to do but graze. Now that I'm working and going to school I wish I had all that free time again so that I could spend quality and quantity time at the gym. I will say that the diets out there like Atkins and South Beach will work if you stick to it, but do you really want to say good-bye to carbs as a healthy lifestyle? Nuh uh! I am doing this... cutting down on carbs and starches after 2pm, when I'm less active, kicking up the protien and eating more veggies. I am cutting back all sugar, but I will eat fruit. That is one beef - no pun intended - that I have with Atkins.

I went to the gym tonight before Survivor - WHY WHY WHY is Boston Rob still sitting there???? Anyhoooooo.... I am not a scale junkie, my scale is actually busted, not from me, ha! I don't care if you all weigh yourself weekly or daily or monthly - that is your responsibilty to yourself and your business. I'll be posting mine in my signature when I see a difference like 5pds. I started this mainly for support, encouragment and a place to escape. Trust me, any anxiety, social issue or self esteem problem you've felt is mutual and typing about it is sometimes the best medicine. Anyways ladies, thanks for being a part of this journey with me and I know that in just a few months time we will all be spiritually, mentally and physically healthier!!!

Cheers to you all!
Old 04-30-2004, 10:39 AM   #15  
One step at a time...

Hi Krissy! I can't say anything about diets because I'm such a picky eatter I find it hard to stick to a particular plan, I'm just watching what I eat and trying to make healthier choices with smaller portions and no more junk food...however I do have one small piece of advise I'd like to give you, and that is to set small, attainable weight loss goals, like 5 or 10 pounds at a time especially to begin with, so you are encouraged by reaching your goals instead of discouraged thinking about how much more you have left to lose...And reward yourself when you reach your goals with something small like a manicure or something...Something to keep you feeling like this about your weight loss journey and not like this

I look forward to hearing updates from everyone as you all work toward your personal Canada Day goal! Have a great day!