Old 04-29-2004, 07:18 AM   #1  
SAHM of 3

Post Stay At Home Mom's #158

Welcome to a thread devoted to those who have the ultimate job of taking care of their family. Here you will find wonderful women raising a family and trying to find time to take care of themselves and their weight too. So if you are a SAHM jump right in and say hello and to all you who have been here before I look forward to a new day with you!!
watkinsguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2004, 07:30 AM   #2  
SAHM of 3

Smile Good Wonderful Thursday Morning To All

Hi there girls. You may wonder why the title sounds so awake and perky. Well get this...I went to bed at 1045 and slept until 545. I mean not one single interruption at all. Straight through 7 hours. Other than my back is stiff because it's not used to that much sleep in the bed, usually half is spent on the couch, I feel great.

Now, Michelle, so sorry about the pink eye. Hope it gets under control soon.

Melinda, I definitely think you should take that coupon to WW. If you have the $. That sounds like a great invitation especially since you've been contimplating this for a while, it's like a sign. LOL

Spryng, sorry to hear that your kids may have been a little unorthodox yesterday too. Andrew is teething and that is his biggest problem. Also, we've been spending more time outside and he's started coughing again, that usually means his asthma is acting up. But I pumped him with Motrin last night and he slept all of it. Thanks for telling me about that stupid Sonic food. You know, you go to these places and try to make the best decision and you still end up losing. I can't believe Sonic hasn't come up with better, healthier choices like alot of the other fast food places. Oh well, I still managed to stay under my calorie count. I never had a late nite snack.

Well, my nite was great. I'm planning on staying home all day. It's sort of raining and gloomy out. Thinking about making homemade stew and homemade cornbread for dinner. It's all low cal. Suggestions: I should mop today and if I don't today I won't until next week, but it's gonna be raining for the next several days and we use the door in the diningroom where the vinyl floor is, should I mop?
Well, I'll do my other duties today. I don't think I even have a full load of laundry. We'll school and I'll do my mission in my zone. I'm not sure what else I've got to do. I still have to go through books and toys for the garage sale. It's suppose to rain Sat. morning the day of the garage sale, wouldn't ever thought that, LOL!
Anyway, hope all have a great day. TTYL
Old 04-29-2004, 08:02 AM   #3  
Walking away the weight

Default WI Day!!

Another Pound down!! This means I've lost a a total of 4lbs! Hooray!!! This week's reward: a new book by one of my favorite authors:The Outside World by Tova Mirvis.

I'm actually a bit surprised - thought I'd only maintain this week since I went off program while my friend was visiting - but I did stay active, so perhaps that balanced things out for the week.

Well, Ginny, hope things calm down a bit for you. I hate weeks where I feel like I'm going to scream

Crystal - hope the children are better for you today. The days that Liam is in a bad mood always feel so long I'm glad you got lots of sleep last night - that's always fun. Re: mopping the floor - is there a way for you to mop and then place an old sheet or something over the freshly mopped area to keep it clean from the rain/mud being tracked in?

Melinda: I'm glad DH is feeling better. I'm sure that's a relief for you Don't worry - allow for some stress times in your life and then get back to a plan once your able. I'm sending you positive "vibes" with the WW stuff. I know it's a good program . . .

Michelle - yikes! Hope your eyes heal soon. I would hate having pink eye, which I haven't had since I was a child. Wonder what Liam eventually has in store for me

American Idol note: Don't know how John made it as far as he did, really. It was time for him to go, though he seems like a sweet young man. OMG!! Did I just say "young man"?? Now I know I'm old

Spryng - thank you for your good wishes for DH . . . that really helps me feel less alone and less stressed out. Hope the 3-year-old is much better today. Liam is, amazingly, still asleep. Wonder what got into him???

Today's plan: [I got so much laundry, etc. done yesterday! But there's still more - it piles up when we have company] wash guest bedding and bath towels, pack and get ready for trip (see below), introduce applesauce to DS.

Tomorrow we leave for Florida. We're visiting MIL and FIL for a week, but in the middle of the week DH and I are going to Key West for 2 nights - it's our 2-year anniversary It will be our first time leaving DS overnight and I'm freaking out a bit.
Loveliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2004, 09:39 AM   #4  
Ready for ACTION!!!

Default Hello Friends!!!

I have already cleaned the living room and vacuumed, cleaned the kitchen, done the dishes, mopped the floor, showered and dressed to shoes, hair and make up, dressed Hope and did her hair, had breakfast and dressed Christian. That was after I got dh and all the other boys off to school. So I am taking a breather for a few, but feeling pretty darn happy with myself!!

I did 50 crunches yesterday, 15 squats, 25 calf raises, and several types of arm exercises with weights. I am going to try to add crunches, 10 at a time, and see how far I get. The same with the other exercises. I also think I will take the kids for a walk with the double stroller for an intense workout(those babies are heavy) on the nice days. They will enjoy that, too.

Food wise I have done okay, I had McD's for dinner last night LATE, but I didn't eat as much as I normally did. The rest of the day was great and I ran off many calories running to the bathroom, and I didn't drink more water than usual, so I thought that was odd.

Leigh!! WTG on the one more pound lost and never to be found again!! You are doing great!

Crystal, I'd mop anyway and just touch it up when they track dirt in. Seems it would be easy enough! But I am the anal one who vacuums several times daily, so that may not be practical for you. Just having so many babies around through the years has made me a stickler about clean floors. It's better than the shiny sink to me.

Melinda, If you have the ability to go, then do it!!! It might be just what you need!

Spryng, Hope you have a good day with the kiddos!

Michelle, I have had pink eye that just hurt SOOO bad, so I feel for ya.

For today, I have some beef tips I need to do something with, any ideas? I have some pasta and some rice, but trying to decide on what type of sauce or how I should cook them. I will have grilled salmon and a salad for lunch.

My laundry will be caught up today. I still need to steam clean the carpets, but wish I could do it without kids under foot. Guess I need to get over that and just do it, huh? Need to tidy both bathrooms and that will be that. Yipeeeee!

Dh has gotten a new job that he willl start in a couple of weeks. So he will be working two for a while. So we are both less stressed than we were at this time last week, THANK GOD!!!!!!

Be back later to check in, crack the whip, or whatever is needed!!
BIGtimeLOSER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2004, 10:03 AM   #5  
Walking away the weight

Wow, Cindi! That's some major productivity today!! I'm very impressed.

I think fast food is okay in great moderation - like a small portion once a week. Sounds like you handled it well.

I've gotton the afternoon bottles made; started on load 1 of 3 laundries, and printed my packing list for our trip.
Old 04-29-2004, 10:15 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Good morning all!

Cindi how early did you have to get up in order to complete everything you did today??? You are on FIRE!!! I do have a crockpot recipe for beefs tips... here it is:
Beef Tips in Mushroom Sauce (5.5 Points)

2 pounds lean chuck - cut in 1 - 3/4 inch pieces
1 can 98% fat free cream of mushroom soup
1 pkg. onion soup mix
1 can sugar free sprite or 7up

Put meat in crock pot. Pour soup & onion soup mix over meat. Add Sugar Free Sprite/7up. Cook in crock pot all day on low (or high for at least 4 hours). Turn off and let sit for 30 minutes before serving. Also good to add zero point veggies to.

Makes 8 servings at 5.5 points per serving.

I thought it was good. I served it over rice. So glad to hear your DH has found a new job! I know that must take lots of weight off of you! Congrats!

Leigh congrats on the lb lost!!! That is fantastic!! I'm looking forward to my WI tomorrow. I'm glad I was able to help you feel a little better about your DH's situation. When my dh had back surgery he was down for many weeks and I had to wait on him hand and foot. It was so hard, but that is all part of being a loving wife and marriage partner. We do it without thinking twice don't we? We rea going to miss you while you are in florida!! Have a great trip and second honeymoon.... I mean anniversary!! LOL. Enjoy each other to the fullest while you are childless for a couple days.

Crystal, so glad you got a great nights sleep! You sure deserved and needed it. I know what you mean about ordering something from sonic or any fast food place thinking it is a healthy choice and turns out to be high calories. When DH managed Sonic they were adamant about never conforming to the low fat thing. So it suprised us when they put low carb stuff on the menu. But always remember this... low carb is not low in fat. Now the low carb tortillas are low in cals and such but not the rest. I guess to make it low cal you could get the low carb tortilla, grilled chicken, no sauce, no bacon, and add the lettuce and tomatoes... but then the whole point is gone isn't it?lol. But don't worry about it, you still did great yesterday. It's going to be raining here the next few days too and I am going to mop tonight. But my kids take their shoes off in the entryway so nothing gets tracked in so it stays pretty clean. And if it stops raining and they play outside the know to take their shoes off before coming back in so it works out.

Well all of our good weather is gone for the next few days too. Now we are back in thunderstorms and tornado's wacthes. I just hope when DH comes in on the 7th that we have great weather because we wanted to take the kids to the zoo that weekend. We'll see.
Well I need to get off here and start my morning stuff. TTYL!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2004, 10:21 AM   #7  
2BoysMom

Hi all,

YEAH for John being gone!!

Mom's here so this will be short. She's upstairs with Tony.

Congrats to all the losers and exercisers!! Melinda...so glad to have you back...and tell Dh I told him to stop being such a big baby and lay off the intercom!

Girl's night was fun...they left around 9:45 and by the time I cleaned up it was time for bed!

OK, I'll check in later today...in the 70's again today...then back to the 40's
Chubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2004, 11:46 AM   #8  
Ready for ACTION!!!

Smile

Spryng, I get up at 6:30ish every morning to get the guys outta here. That's to wake up my 3 teens(NO FUN AT ALL! you should see the crazy stuff I do) and dh and my 8yo and my 4 yo and help them get out the door. Sometimes I take my 4yo to preschool and sometimes I let dh, but if I do, I have to get the other two sleeping beauties up and dressed to make the trip too. Then my daycare child gets here at 9:30, so I like to get as much done as I can before then. I try to do it at night, but last night while gone, they kinda trashed the place, so I had more to do. thanks for the recipe, I think I'll start it soon, I have all the ingredients, believe it or not.

I have only made a few calls and paid some bills since my ealier post, so I need to crack the whip on myself

Check ya later!
Old 04-29-2004, 11:48 AM   #9  
Walking away the weight

Default Mid-day Check In

Spryng . . . about the "honeymoon"! Tornados completely freak me out - I think I'm scarred from my time living in KS! I hate earthquakes even more, though.

Geri - glad you had fun on girl's night

Been getting lots done today. Laundry is coming along, packing is coming along . . .

I'll check in again soon.
Old 04-29-2004, 12:09 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning Girls!!

Slept wonderful last night and got to sleep in til 9 cuz hubby has the day off. So I'm going to relax, he had the morning routine done by time he woke me up for breakfast (isn't he sweet?) So I wake up this morning and my eye is swollen shut lol I look like I got in a big fight lol. oh well hopefully it will be better by time I have to go out in public tomorrow.

Crystal - So glad you got a great nights rest

Leigh - Congrats on the loss!! Keep up the great work!! Have a great time in Florida!!

Spryng - Sorry you get the crappy weather for a few days its beautiful here and If I'm feeling up to it I'm gonna take the girls to the park and maybe see if we can fly Taylors kite. That beef tips recipe sounds good I may have to try it

Cindi - Wow!!! You have been busy, you can come clean my house sometime with that lightning speed WTG!!!

Melinda, Ginny, Julie, Jessi, Penny (if I forgot anyone blame my head not my heart) I hope you are all doing well, we hope to hear from you soon!!

Well I do need to get my house disinfected and my linens cleaned again, I don't know what I'm doing wrong with this pink eye each time someone in my family had it I disinfected and washed linens and it still comes to the next person persistant little infection it is, I'm thinking its got to be the linens because the baby is the only one who hasnt gotten full blown pink eye she just gets a few crusties in her eyes.

Anyone have any ideas on keeping the lawn green where the dog pees? (gross i Know) but we have brown spots in our back yard where the dog goes to the bathroom and I want to green it up and keep it looking nice. Our tulips are blooming and look so pretty along the fence line. I need to get some more cedar chips for the girls playground and some sand for the sand box turtle thing, then my outside will be doing ok.

Well I've gabbed enough, I'll post later.
TTYL!!
Michelle
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2004, 02:13 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Hello again!

Michelle, are you taking something for your pink eye? I wish I could help with the dog "spots" in your yard but I didn't know dogs could do that with their urine!
Leigh, where did you live here in kansas? I was a california girl born and raised so I know all about earthquakes. They scare me more than tornados anyday I suppose. You can hide from a tornado but not from an earthquake. Have fun packing! will you be swimming?
Cindi, did you get that whip craking on yourself? lol. I think you have done alot today already.
Geri glad you enjoyed your girls night out. How is your mom holding up?

My afternoon is going fine. I'm just kinda sleepy. Maybe it's the rain outside making me feel tired. Haven't decided what I want for dinner tonight. What are you all having?
Ok, going down for a nap. TTYL!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2004, 02:53 PM   #12  
Walking away the weight

Michelle - hope you got some much needed rest! Hope you get the pink eye out of your family for good

Spryng - I used to live in Wichita. DH and I spent 2 years in Seattle and were threre during an earthquake, which is how I know I hate them!

For some reason, I'm starving today. I have no idea what's going on, and I'm drinking lots of water, so that's not it. I understand it more on the days I get exercise . . .
Old 04-29-2004, 03:58 PM   #13  
SAHM of 3

just checking in for the afternoon. Gonna get started on dinner soon.
Spryng, I'm kind of tired today too, the rain stopped this morning, but it's been sort of cloudy and gloomy all day. I got my routines done so quickly that I haven't done alot that's another reason. I'm making stew and homemade cornbread for dinner. I don't have any buttermilk, it'll just have to be with skim milk I guess, maybe half skim half whole. Anyway, I like that sort of thing on the days it's like this out.

Leigh, are you eating alot of fruits? Sometimes eating those early in the day help you from getting hungry and give you lots of energy or at least it helps me somewhat.

Michelle, how's that pink eye? Your dh sounds.................different. Mine won't even wash dishes when he stays here with the kids. I went to buy groceries last weekend. The sink was full of dishes.

Cindi, you've been doing so well, I sure wouldn't let a little fast food screw you up. Remember, we're changing our lifestyles, so obviously sometime during the rest of our lives, we're gonna have fast food again, so so what. At least that's sort of how I look at it. We know that it will only be sometimes, so just make it sometimes.

Well, girls, I've gotta get started on dinner, stew has to simmer for a while. I have absolutely NO laundry left to do. Gonna vacuum while stew simmers, bathroom cleaned, bedrooms cleaned, everything has been dusted recently. Wow, I feel guilty that I'm not doing something, but I just don't know what else to do.

Hope you are all having a good day. TTYL
Old 04-29-2004, 06:07 PM   #14  
Walking away the weight

Default Not a good day

Hey, Crystal - that dinner sounds good! I love corn bread. And thanks - I'll try the fruit suggestion.

For no apparent reason (full moon??) I'm having a bad day and am way off program Well, I'll have to just get back on track tomorrow I suppose
Old 04-29-2004, 06:20 PM   #15  
Ready for ACTION!!!

I got queezy and sleepy this afternoon, so I slowed down a bunch. But I felt much better after I ate, so hopefully it's nothing major. I had peanut butter and tomato sandwiches again, love them!!! I had them open faced, so only two slices of bread. Didn't get the beef tips going either, so I guess we may have those tomorrow.

Leigh, don't sweat it, you can have an "off" day, we all do. Just get back to it when you are ready.

Crystal, I don't sweat it much when I goof. I am not depriving myself of anything, and sometimes ya just gotta have a double cheese burger. It's when you have them daily that creates the problems we are all trying to conquer.

I WANT veggies for dinner, isn't that so funny!! Don't know what we'll end up with, but it won't be fast food!

Tomorrow is weigh in day, and I am looking forward to what te scale says! I hope I am not disappointed

See you all later this evening!