South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-28-2004, 10:24 AM   #1  

Default Phase 1: When did you find you lost the most weight?

Just winding down week 2 on phase 1 but i'm wondering which week you found you lost the most weight. I lost around 5 last week but nothing this week (granted it is only wednesday ). Does weight loss typically slow the 2nd week? I think i also heard that some ppl don't lose at all 1st week and drop a ton the 2nd week. Just wanted to see what your experiences are. Oh and how much weight did you drop total for phase 1?

cheryl
Old 04-28-2004, 10:45 AM   #2  

I lost 6 pounds the first week and nothing at all the second. Now I'm a few weeks into phase 2 and the first week of phase 2 I lost nothing and the second week I lost anothe 6 pounds. It's kind of crazy. I won't lose anything for a week and then the next day I get on the scale and I'm down 6.
Old 04-28-2004, 11:03 AM   #3  
RNMOM

Default My experience

I lost 9.5 the first week and 2 the second week. I felt pretty awful the first week and I think that's the only reason I stayed on it at first. The scales were my friend that week. I have never had another week like the first one. I've consistently lost weight about 2-3 pounds since I began, but nothing like the first week. It was a good motivator for me. Since then I'm staying with it because I feel good and I feel that I'm losing at a healthy pace even though I want to wake up and have it all gone.

Stick with it, you are doing well.
Old 04-28-2004, 11:10 AM   #4  

wow that is nuts! i weight myself every day (though they tell you not to, i can't help it). and this week i've lost nothing so far. no offense to you but i hope i don't follow your same pattern! LOL! it would drive me nuts.

but hey at least after 4 weeks you're down 12 pounds! yay! how did you ease into phase 2 btw? i plan on just adding a piece of fruit every day to my phase 1 menu. is that ok?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendyjo
I lost 6 pounds the first week and nothing at all the second. Now I'm a few weeks into phase 2 and the first week of phase 2 I lost nothing and the second week I lost anothe 6 pounds. It's kind of crazy. I won't lose anything for a week and then the next day I get on the scale and I'm down 6.
Old 04-28-2004, 03:46 PM   #5  

I weight myself every day too, but more out of curiosity. It is amazing how much the scales move around in the course of a day. I weight about four pounds more at the end of the day than the beginning. Interesting to jump on the scales first thing in the morning and see those extra four pounds you gained yesterday disappear along with whatever weight loss actually happened.

I seem to remember losing about 6-7 pounds the first week and about 3-4 the second week. The main thing is that I got into good eating habits which I have pretty much kept up.
Old 04-29-2004, 01:50 AM   #6  

I lost 8 the first week and then 4 the following week. Most of the weight you lose in the first week is water weight. By reducing carbs so much your body has to let go of the extra water (carbs hold water; protein cannot).
Old 04-29-2004, 09:34 AM   #7  

pikapuffie, I didn't add too many carbs at all so far in Phase 2. I might have a bowl of cereal once a week, or a few strawberries once in a while, but that's about it. I was always kind a little bit hungry in Phase 1 so I've just added a bit more of the foods allowed in Phase 1 to my Phase 2 diet to fill me up a bit more.

I think you just have to find out what works for you and stay with it. If you like fruit and missed it alot in Phase 1 then go ahead and make that your extra carbs in Phase 2. For me, I really missed having a yummy flavored coffee creamer in my morning coffee, so I buy the low carb version and I have it each day, sometimes twice a day, and it makes me happy like nothing else can So that is my extra carbs and since I don't like fruit that much it works for me. I guess it's not as good for me as fruit but it satisfies my sweet-tooth and that's improtant too.
Old 05-01-2004, 03:28 PM   #8  
Dancing Fool

Pikapuffie,
Be sure to measure yourself. Sometimes you don't loose any pounds on the scale but your fat/muscle mass is changing. I weigh every day, and I measure every month. Even when I didn't loose many pounds on Phase 2 I found that I lost inches. I am down 36 pounds and 4 inches per thigh, five in my waist and five inches on my hips. Can't complain about that.
Keep at it even when it seems to slow down you will be surprised when you measure.
Closed Thread