Old 04-27-2004, 08:17 PM   #1  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Default Stay At Home Moms #157 :) :)

Welcome to a thread devoted to those who have the ultimate job of taking care of their family. Here you will find wonderful women raising a family and trying to find time to take care of themselves and their weight too. So if you are a SAHM jump right in and say hello and to all you who have been here before I look forward to a new day with you!
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2004, 08:26 PM   #2  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

Hi Everyone

I thought it would be easier for people who get the email notification to just add the link for the new thread to the old thread

Anyhow,
The dr. called and said all Andrew's kidney functions were fine! I have never been happier to have his white count up!!! YAH! He only has the sore throat for now! And he said that is from his allergies draining down

Spryng,
Post that recipe so we can check it out!

Michelle,
I think I might get the watp's tapes and start adding my mileage with you

Julie,
Whatcha had for supper???? Both meals sounded good!

Cindi,
I LOVE Taco Salad! What type of chips do you use? We usually use the baked doritos!

Crystal,
Hows the garden coming?

Geri,
I think you have a great idea planning your meals. I am thinking about that myself.

Have a great night!
I did absoutely terrible today but it is over and I have to start fresh again

Last edited by mompen; 04-27-2004 at 10:48 PM.
Old 04-27-2004, 08:52 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Penny - thats great!!! I'm so happy Andrew is okay!! Yeah you should get the WATP tapes its actually fun and I'd love to have a walking "partner"

Spryng - your supper sounds soooo good I wish I could have some rice. I know my daughter would probably love to go swimming but the little one hates water, I just started noticing that she is terrified when she takes her baths I always thought maybe it was just a lil chilly or something, but I was watching today and she was just shaking with fear poor thing I need to get her over that. I might miss American Idol tonight cuz they are having signal problems for the fox station in my town I called the cable company and they said they are trying to get it up before Idol starts. I'm crossing my fingers.

Dinner is gonna be pork chops and broccoli with garlic butter (homemade) so I need to go check it out and see how its cooking, I'll talk to you all after idol, if I get to watch it that is, so spryng if you dont mind post me some highlights of the shoe just incase pleassseeeeee

Talk to you all in a bit!!

Michelle
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2004, 09:41 PM   #4  
soontobethin

Hi everyone.
Sounds like everyone is doing great. I am sooooooooooo busy right now. I have to take and pick up my siblings from school until the end of May, I am getting my blood drawn every other day for my study. Tomorrow, I have my alarm set for 6:15 just so I can get in my exercise before I go get my sister. We also have to go take oldest ds for his day in kindergarten. I will try to check in tomorrow.
need2losemore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2004, 10:21 PM   #5  
SAHM of 3

Smile Good Night Girls

Well, the threads seem to be busier now, glad to see that.

Spryng, I can't stand tomatoes, in fact I don't eat them at all, or onions, or peppers or most veggies. The weather there sounds nice. About like it is here. Saturday is our garage sale and it's suppose to be about 75, perfect. Glad your dinner turned out, that sounds like something I'd like to make, I'll check out the recipe if you post it.

Michelle, your dinner sounded good too. Hope you get to watch idol tonight. You know when I was little I was scared of water too, and at bath time. I don't know when or how I got over it but I did. I would say just don't give in to her fear, make her accept it and I think as she gets older and realizes it's not going to hurt her she'll be fine.

Penny, so glad to hear Andrew is okay. I think now I'm gonna get to plant my seeds on Thursday. We had had so much rain this weekend, my dh keeps tilling and we're having to let it dry out. He said he'll till again tomorrow and it should be fine after that.

I'm so sorry if I missed anyone. Hope everyone had a great day and has a great night.

I can tell my appetite is decreasing. It doesn't take as much to fill me up. I'm so glad. I'm able to fit a nice dessert or snack at night time without going over my count. I've also realized, the more I eat fruit the more I crave it, of course I always do in the warmer weather. I eat apples like every day and even crave them over sugar free cookies. I can tell eating this way is becoming second nature and I'm not having to think about it as much. I didn't get to go walk, but I did help rake and hoe the garden some, then me and Alisa played tag outside, I ran enough to work up a sweat, I think that counts. I also moved furniture around today. And btw, dh doesn't like it so I'll move it again tomorrow. I didn't get to mop, which now I'm glad, we're still tracking in mud and it would have been for nothing, I may wait until Thursday. Well, i've had a good day and hope to have a great night.

TTYL
watkinsguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2004, 10:23 PM   #6  
2BoysMom

Good evening ladies,

I VOTED! I don't want the best people in the bottom 3 again this week! I voted for LaToya but I actually liked Diana the best tonight. Michelle...did your cable company get fox up and running?

Penny.. YEAH for Andrew!! So glad it's nothing major. WHEW!! Now stop stressing and get back on track . I highly recommend the WATP and wish I had thought to keep track of how many miles I have walked with her . Oh well.

Ricci, nice to hear from you...hope you get your life back soon

Dinner was Spaghetti with shrimp in it and broccoli and a salad. I have to download some new pictures 'cause Tony fed himself tonight. Why is it that kids always have to put their spaghetti sauced hands in their hair?? He never does that when he eats The pics are adorable...hopefully I'll get to it tomorrow sometime.

Spryng, luckily Tony will sit nice in the grocery cart and our store has these cool car carts that I can use if I have both boys with me. They're huge though and turns are kind of tough but they have a car in the front of them that 2 kids can sit in. Will likes to hang his body out of it though . Let's see..tomorrow there are supposed to be 8 of us but there is usually between 5 and 6 every month. Luckily the dessert I made is 8 servings so there will be none left to tempt me.

Julie don't worry about addressing everyone! This group, although shrinking in pounds , is getting pretty large!

I'm jealous of all your warm weather. Hit a whole 48 degrees today. Thank goodness the sun was out so we did get out for a bit this afternoon. Tomorrow it's to be in the 70's but with very high winds. Hopefully we'll get some more planted (the beans, peas, carrots, radishes) tomatoes and green peppers will have to wait until later in May.

I realized tonight that I won't be going to WI next Monday because it's Will's birthday and we're having the Grandma's over to dinner. The big party will be the 15th for both the boys but we'll have a small cake just for him. I tend to slack off on the eating if I know I'm not going to WI so help me stay true to my new lifestyle here!! I don't know if I'll get my workout in tomorrow either because a city inspector has to come look at the holes Dh dug for the deck and I'm not going to answer the door all sweaty and gross. If I start exercising then I know he'll show up! Hopefully I can still get one in later before dinner.

Well, hello to everyone else out there. Ginny...how was the urologist visit??

Have a great night and I'll ttyt.
Chubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2004, 10:47 PM   #7  

Ughhhh no my cable company still hasn't gotten fox up and running I called to make sure my digital box wasn't malfunctioning, and they said no there was a problem with the signal and that they were working on it, then I asked if there was a time estimate and they said no but they were having a lot of people call to see if it would be up in time for Idol. Oh well it at least better be working tomorrow for the results show.

Dinner was wonderful tonight and I was gonna try and do another mile before bed but to be perfectly honest my leg muscles are killing me don't let the word "walk" make you think the workout is easy lol they really do use some good muscles in those tapes

Well I'm gonna watch a little more nick at night and then hit the sack need to get some sleep before the storms hit I won't sleep well after the first peal of thunder lol yeah yeah I'm a scaredy

Talk to you all later!

Michelle
Old 04-27-2004, 11:08 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Good evening all!

Michelle, so sorry you missed American Idol! But you really didn't miss much. I didn't like most of the performances. I did think Diana did fantastic but I forgot to vote. I would have voted for her. Do you like Gloria Estefan? If so then you may have enjoyed the show but I don't care for her music so it was "blah" to me and alot of them had a hard time singing her songs. (oh and I did NOT like Diana's dress. It was red and WAY too tight on her. She isn't "thin" so it looked bad I thought) I think she is a beautiful girl but needs to rethink some of her outfits. But maybe that is just me, lol. But you should be able to catch all the highlights tomorrow night and hopefully John Stevens (the red head) goes home. He was so terrible tonight.
Geri, I've never had spaghetti with shrimp before. Sounds great. I have made it with chicken once, it was ok. I can't wait to see those pictures. Sounds so cute. We have those baskets at our local grocery store and the kids love them. I wish they had them at walmart too. Well if you don't make next weeks Wi you'll have a huge loss the following week! How exciting that will be to see huh? Will the suspense kill you? It would me. I peeked at the scale this morning and was happy to see what it said! Now lets just hope it says the same thing on friday.
Crystal, I will post that recipe as soon as I have time to write it out. It was in my current WW magazine. But you may not like it because the chicken is cooked in tomatoes and onion, two veggies you mentioned you hated, lol. I guess you could pick them out. It gave it a really great flavor.
Ricci, wow! You are busy! How many siblings do you have? Are you the oldest?
Penny, so glad to hear your little one is fine. I know you will sleep better tonight knowing that. What a roller coaster you are on sometimes with kids huh? And thanks for starting the new thread with the link, that was cool.

Well, my evening has been fine. I'm tired tonight more than usual. But I guess it's from the extra stuff I did today, like shopping. Oh I did want to share something... Tanner discovered his tongue tonight. It was soooo cute. He will poke it in and out like a snake and just laugh at himself. He thought that was something special. I'll have to get a picture of him doing it tomorrow. Too cute.
Well I am off to bed now. Have a great night all. Ginny I miss you!! Hope your WI goes well tomorrow!! G'nite!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2004, 12:14 AM   #9  

Spryng - Yeah I'm not a big fan of Glorias music either, I just like to see the performances. I definately agree that John needs to go home. I read on netscape news that they are predicting that American Idol will be cancelled if John wins lol.

Ok well I should definately go to bed now
I'll talk to you guys in the morning

Michelle
Old 04-28-2004, 07:56 AM   #10  
SAHM of 3

Smile I slept in.......

Well, i'm having a tough time getting going. I slept in til 630 this morning versus my 530. I didn't sleep well, so dh left me alone when he got up to go to work. He must have been tiptoeing because I didn't hear a thing.

Anyway, everyone seemed to have a good evening.

Michelle, so sorry you didn't get to watch idol. But if you'll remember how much it got to you last week, it may have been for a reason, huh? LOL

Spryng, I don't mind cooking with tomatoes and onions, but I always make them big enough to pick out, but dh will probably gripe, he doesn't like that stuff either. That sounds cute what Tanner is doing. Andrew knows how to stick his tongue out at you and pretty soon he'll have to get in trouble but right now it's so cute, he'll stick it out and make that humming sound to go with it and it's just adorable.

Geri, you sound like you're gonna be a busy mommy. I've got a birthday coming up in June for Ally. She'll be three. We don't ever do anything other than family, but with 7 cousins it makes for a pretty big one.

Well girls. I've got a few errands to run today, don't want to but got to. I'm gonna get my mission done this morning so hopefully I'll be done by pm hours and I can go run around. Since I slept in I may not need a nap. I hope all of you have a great day.

TTYL
watkinsguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2004, 08:24 AM   #11  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

Hi Ladies

Hope everyone has a great day! Andrew was burning up with fever last night and I didn't get him to sleep until after 2am this morning. He seems to be doing better this morning.

Not much planned for today. I am going to work on some of Andrew's party stuff and just clean around the house!~

Have a great one!
Penny
Old 04-28-2004, 09:32 AM   #12  
Walking away the weight

Default Almost Back :)

Okay, gals, I'm almost back to the boards. Our guest left this morning. The good news: while I don't think I'll have a loss at my weigh-in tomorrow, I have maintained, which is a relief. I was a little worried I might gain. It's difficult when others visit, or we go out of town.

Liamand I are meeting a friend and her son for a walk in the park, so I am off to do something healthy! The house is a bit out of order, so it will be back to flylady today as well

I'll come on later and respond to each of you from this thread (I'll go back and read everything I missed).
Loveliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2004, 09:43 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Good morning all!
I am still very tired this morning and dragging, lol. I wish I had some caffeine around here. O-well.
Leigh, I hope you had a nice time with your guest! It's always nice for someone to come visit and even nicer when they leave, LOL. Oh! Maybe that is just me Enjoy your walk in the park today! Sounds wonderful.
Penny, so glad to hear Andrew is better this morning. Since the fever didn't have anything to do with his kidney was it due to teething or something? I don't remember if you mentioned that already.
Crystal, so glad you got to sleep in a little this morning. 6:30 would kill me to wake up at. I don't function well before 7:30 lol. Before Tanner I would get to sleep until 9 or 10 am (that is what time the other two get up) so it was an adjustment to get up at 7 after Tanner was born. Now I am used to it and like getting up earlier to start my day but there are still days I wish I could sleep until 9.
Michelle that is funny about AI and John. I would definitely quit watching if he got much further. But I think after last week those who are not as good will be going home soon and no more great singers in the bottom 3. I hope anyway. We'll see tonight.
OK, I need to get off here and get dressed and my bed made. What does everyone have planned for dinner tonight? I'm not sure yet for us. Maybe spaghetti or something easy. TTYL!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2004, 09:46 AM   #14  
Ready for ACTION!!!

Thumbs up Morning Skinny Chicks!

I am psyched, I got on my scale and peeked this morning. I was expecting the worst after the not so great weekend I had, and I was so happy to see my lowest weight yet!! Hopefully mine will be lower by Friday! So never get discouraged over a bad day or two of eating, as long as you get back to it you will be fine!

I didn't have a taco salad, no one else wanted it. So I will make it for lunch and use the rest of the meat for nachos for the kids dinner while we go to bible study. I use Wow Tostitos, and not very many. Homemade salsa is just to die for to me! LOVE THE STUFF! I really wasn't hungry before dinner, but lunch was late. I made a Veg All casserole instead, it's like a chicken pot pie with cheese and a ritz cracker crust and it could be done using lowfat ingredients, but I just chose to eat a smaller portion instead. I had Mayfield Less Carb ice cream for a snack and it was really good. DH liked it better than the regualr ice cream I buy. IMAGINE THAT!

Spryng, I am thinking I may HAVE to get up earlier to get the exercise in. The kids are getting up about the same time as me, so I may have to do that to be able to do it in peace. Although I do try to do toning exercises here and there throughout the day, while watching TV etc. Sometimes when I do WATP they will do it with me and that is fun.

I will miss the results show tonight, but John just has to go...although most of them were so bad, it could be anyone this time! I just don't think I should skip bible study for AI, although the thought has crossed my mind more than once(BAD CINDI!!!) Did you hear the poor guy is getting death threats?? What is with this world we live in????????????

I had a krave bar for breakfast, the taco salad will be my lunch and I will likely indulge in the goodies at bible study tonight for dinner, lol!!! My snacks will pretzels and PB and maybe some broccoli with dip or something. I am going right now to do crunches! Then my pants will fit better!

Have fun today girls! I know I will, I love dh being gone in the daytime!
BIGtimeLOSER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2004, 10:09 AM   #15  
2BoysMom

Arrrgh...lost my post because of fat fingers!! I hate that.

So now I'll just say hello and I'm waiting for the city inspector to show up for our deck.

I will miss AI tonight so be sure to post results please!!

Gotta run.
Chubba is offline   Reply With Quote