South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-27-2004, 05:39 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Tuesday Chatter on The Beach - April 27

Good morning! Yes, I'm still up before the birds who are finally cranking up their pre-dawn song.

Just a quick post this morning as I've yet to cruise the Boards. The site is a bit faster than yesterday but opening posts still takes too long. Quit whining, Ruthie!

Congratulate me! I got our taxes done! Harry owes $130 and I get a $180 refund so we are ahead a whole $50 this year, Now I need to fill out the forms and mail them. I wrote a little program to do the taxes and must change it so it puts the figures on the e-form!

Yesterday afternoon was lovely here so I planted my side flower box with pansies. I love their cheery faces. In a few weeks I'll move them to the front porch and put out the geraniums and lantana for the summer.

This morning is usually greenhouse day but Kevin is coming to do the patio in the dog garden. The gates will be open off and on so chances are good for Lucy Houdini to do one of her sprints. I decided to stay home this morning to foil her as Harry certainly coudn't chase her over the meadow and through the woods! Back garden clean-up will continue. Sarah comes for the whole day tomorrow and I need to make messes for her to rake up!

Hey! It's getting bright but looks a bit cloudy. I'm off for coffee and eggs after I do my Board cruise! Have a super day.
Old 04-27-2004, 07:06 AM   #2  
I vant to draw your blood

Good morning, Chickies~~

Sorry I didn't get in yesterday. I had some writer stuff to do that didn't get done over the weekend (I was busy playing at the Rennaissance Festival).

The Ren Fest was fun, as usual. My dd came with. She ended up buying a costume so she wouldn't feel out of place with the rest of the crowd. She had a great time flirting with all the guys.

I spent the entire morning doing the spinning demo, then around 1:30, my rear got sore, so we went in search of lunch. Ended up with a Chicken empanada. Am so very sorry I ate it, too. Suffered from MAJOR heartburn the rest of the day. We got home around 7:30 that evening.

Ruth, sounds like you did just about right with taxes. No sense giving the gov't a free year-long loan, right?

Well, I need to figure out what lunch will be today. Probably another sweet potato and some string cheese and pistachios.

Everyone have a great day on the beach!

Mamacita
Old 04-27-2004, 08:19 AM   #3  

Height: 5'-2"

Good morning, darlings!
It's Green Day!! I've been waiting and waiting for this. You know... the first day that you look out the window and all the trees look like they've got a green glow...
Spring is coming!

Congrats on the taxes, Ruthie! I should have waited to do mine. For the first year ever I was on the ball, and I did them about two months ago. I completely forgot about the RRSPs, and got the tax receipt (late! ) for them last month. I may as well save it for next year and get a really big chunk back.

Marmacita, sounds like the festival was fun!

Must run... DD is going out the door, and I've got to get DS ready. love to all!
Old 04-27-2004, 08:41 AM   #4  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Morning chickies it is raining again here today. YUCK. I am done my taxes as well I owe big time like always. Almost done dh so not sure how he is going to do. I wish this rain would stop. The kids are going shack wacky. Well atleast they are calling for sun tomorrow. Well I must go and get snack ready for the wee ones and start packing for the week-end. See ya all later.
Old 04-27-2004, 09:04 AM   #5  

hello everyone!!
went to opening day for ds's little league last night they won 12-0 yahoo!! another game tonight and tomorrow gotta love little league!! i had to sprint home from work yesterday to get dinner started before the game, while making dinner i remembered that i forgot to check his b-ball shoes to see if they still fit (of course they did not) so i made a mad dash to the sporting goods store to get him some cleats they were out of bball cleats in his size so i had to get the soccer ones i hid the box so don't tell him when you are 9yo and you have the wrong shoes your world might crash in. he hasn't noticed yet so i think i am safe.

not a whole lot else going on in my sandbox. hope you all have a great day on the beach!!!
Old 04-27-2004, 09:20 AM   #6  
Reeling Reverend

Mornin, Gals!! Got my coffe splurge this morning, mainly because I woke up a half hour before I was supposed to leave for work! By some act of god, I got here on time!

There is a sliding glass door where a window used to be in our house. I went to work yesterday, having looked out a window, and I came home to three darling Polish installers and a door. Pretty reasonable as far as door pricing goes, but still wicked expensive.

WARNING! I'm going on vacation this weekend. Here: www.nemacolin.com and I'm NOT going to stay OP. I am pretty darned programed to have good choices, but I'm letting myself splurge. We're getting massages, a hummer ride, skeet shooting, and a FACIAL!! I've never done any of these before, I can't wait!!! Noodles is staying at my mom's house for the weekend, which these days is FINE.

Let me just tell you what Noodles did last night. I promise this will take the cake for all bad dog stories... SHE PEED ON MY BED! I think it's because Jorge left her up there all day.... who knows. I couldn't yell at her, she'd been crying all day because she wanted to kiss the boys in the house... shees!

Ruth- I nominate you for crazy do to much award of the month! Aren't you supposed to be retired??! You go girl!

Mamacita- I LOVE the ren fest here. One year I got 4 foot tall candles, and Jerry Garcia died, and we took them to his vigil on the natioanl mall in the city. It was the best! I was once the DD who had to have a costume, too. I still have it!!

Ellis- I know what you mean. Last week, our trees exploded and incedentally, the weeds did, too, but it's still lovely!

LC- Sending some sun your way!! We've got it here, and I don't know where I put my sunglasses!

Morning, Jodi! What a good mom! Thank goodness he plays baseball and isn't an ice skater or something... That would have been a dangerous mad dash!

Morning everyone else!! Gotta get crackin, I only have 2 more days of work after today and I'm off for my aniversary/long weekend/dogless vacation!
Old 04-27-2004, 09:42 AM   #7  
Running Babe

Morning all,

I am leaving soon to go to the doc to try and get something more powerful for my eczema: I have some on my hands, legs, arms and now my FACE! It's all stress related so I have to work on the stress part (part of the stress will be over this weekend) the rest I am trying to work on.

My eating has been okay.. I am OP, but wonder if I am eating too much sometimes. My weight stayed the same as it was yesterday so I am not too worried, but coming off of a low fat diet, it's hard wrapping my head around eating so much fat, even if it is the healthy stuff. I am doing my two hour workout tonight!

To all the Canadians: Yah for doing your taxes on time I am getting a refund, but I was a full-time student for 5 months last year, so who knows about this year (hopefully I'll have enough deductions with my pension plan and RRSPs and charitable donations and tuition costs next year).

Caity: Facials are awesome! I had one two weeks ago Enjoy your weekend!

Cheers!

ali
Old 04-27-2004, 10:05 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning all!
My DIL was installing some stuff on my computer over the weekend, and completely messed up things! I logged on yesterday but couldn't post! Today I fiddled around a bit, (don't know HOW I managed to get here!), but at least I can read the threads now and do some posting. I called her at work and told her to get herself over here after work today, and put things back the way they were! My kids keep forgetting that I am NOT computer literate!
It rained all day Sunday and yesterday, and I was stuck inside with a teething 9 mos. old and a 3 year old. I was at my wits end coming up with things to keep them entertained! When they finally went home, I sat down with my book and a cup of tea and fell promptly asleep!
Sorry, everyone, I just realized how grumpy I sound. I am usually pretty upbeat and try not to complain, but I just HAD to vent.
On the bright side, I bought some beautiful dahlias and snapdragons at the nursury on Saturday. I'm afraid to plant them yet, so they've been on the patio, and I've been bringing them inside at night. Hopefully by this weekend I can get them in the ground. It sure is pretty outside with all the trees in bloom and the grass emerald green.
I don't think I'm going to make my goal for the April Challenge. I pledged 8lbs. and I only lost 4 so far. Our anniversary is tomorrow, so we celebrated Sunday night with dinner at my favorite Italian restaurant. I enjoyed a Chocolate Martini (delicious!), and had half a warm Italian roll with olive oil. About the only thing I had OP was the salad! Along with the pasta and tiramisu for dessert, I really went off plan! But we had a good time and the food was delicious, so I don't regret it. Besides, I should get some type of reward for putting up with Jake for 35 years!
Old 04-27-2004, 04:30 PM   #9  
Goddess In Her Mind

S/C/G: 215/215/150

Hello all! I haven't been able to check in for a while because work and home has just been crazy. Between taking care of both I have to squeeze in the wedding plans!! There is just NO time and it's just beginning. Ugh! Every day I inch closer to the idea of eloping.

I'm glad to see everyone doing so well. Your energy is amazing!

Take care.
Old 04-27-2004, 07:46 PM   #10  

Talking

Good evening beach buddies

I'm new to this board & figured I would just jump right onto the Daily. As I mentioned in my "another newbie" thread, I just start SB on Sunday. I'm feeling pretty good about it, just a little hungry . I know this will pass as I get more into the program.

I look forward to meeting & getting to know everyone. Have a good night!
Old 04-27-2004, 07:52 PM   #11  
RNMOM

Default Hi...I know it's late, but it's still Tuesday

Day off today, but it was busy.

Dr. for a mole removal
Dentist for plaque removal
Walking for fat removal

How's that?

It's finally starting to warm up, but it stayed windy all day.

So anyway, another 1/2 pound off. Not sure I'm going to make the challenge. Don't think I can do 2 pounds by Friday, but I'll work hard.

Have a great evening!
Old 04-27-2004, 09:08 PM   #12  

Good evening all!
Hope everyone had a good day --
Since it is close to the end of the month -- this is the craziest time of the work month for me -- so this week will probably end up with several hours of overtime --
the bad thing about this is that when i finally do get home in the evening, i just don't feel like doing a thing --
so i will get my meals ready for the day tomorrow and then will probably not do much else --
hope everyone has a happy hump day --
Closed Thread