Closed Thread

Old 04-11-2004, 11:32 PM   #1  

Exclamation Okay I have exactly 100 pounds to lose....looking for people to form a support group!

Okay I have 100 pounds to lose! I know that I can do this. I lost 50 pounds last year and have gained most of it back.

I decided today that I am going back on WW. So I started today -- YEP on Easter Sunday I sure did. And I did just fine.

Now that I am ready to recommit to WW. I need to find some buddies. I am hoping there are others out there that come here and wonder why there is no group here. there are plenty of us that need to lose 100 and we can do this. But support is really important!

So come join me and let's get this forum rocking. We can look so good by the time Christmas time gets here!

B
Old 04-12-2004, 09:37 PM   #2  

Well I am on day 2 and so glad I am taking on this challenge again. Although it is hard for me to realize I was almost 40 pounds thinner last year. But that was then this is now. I can not live my life thinking of what I did wrong. I have to learn from that and move on.

I hope others join me here. Cause I know support is the most important thing when it comes to losing weight.

My first goal is to lose 10 pounds. When I do that I will add 10.00 in Disney Dollars to my DisneyLand fund.

Well off to do my hair and get ready for a long day at work tomorrow.
Old 04-14-2004, 10:28 PM   #3  

Hi there,

I'm on my ...nth attempt back at Weight Watchers - I've lost 16 lbs but kinda lost track when I lost my weigh in buddy last week. I have another 85-90 lbs to go.

I find it difficult to stay motivated bec I eat when I'm stressed or upset - which is too often! I'm going to attempt to go back to the Sat AM meeting this week and see where I'm at - Exercise would be helpful but all I can manage right now is lots of walking.

How are you doing?

D
Old 04-15-2004, 01:04 PM   #4  

Hi D:

Well today is day 5 for me. And it is going well. I excerised the last 2 days. I plan on getting in more since I am off of work till Monday.

I need to hit the store. I want to get some things we are running low on. Plus I want to make subway sandwiches for dinner.

I too have a thing of eating when I am stressed. In fact the other day I was at the vending machine ready to get chips. But I asked what did I want more. So I walked away.

I am not happy that my summer clothes are all to small. So I am working to get back into them. That is step one.

I hope you keep posting here. I go to WW on Sat, Sun or Monday depending on my schedule that week
Old 04-17-2004, 09:51 AM   #5  

Hi B,

Thanks for your note back - sounds like you are getting on track.

I have clothes for all seasons in a variety of sizes. But I'm at the point of not wanting to buy anymore clothes until I get some more weight off.

I missed the WW meeting this week cuz my schedule got thrown off with a v. late nite last night - I usually get up really early and do a 1.5 h workout at the gym before going to WW - they are at the same location - The meeting started 30 mins ago. Anyway - I'm going to head off with my dog and get in a long walk instead today. I find that if I can get focused on exercise, it motivates me with my eating. I have a gym at work but tend to work through lunch, etc. and find it hard to get there.

I'm finding it v. difficult to get back to recording what I'm eating - I'm going to try starting this week.

I will get to WW meeting next week - its good support - I usually stay for the meetings.

Good luck and keep going

D
Old 04-18-2004, 11:25 PM   #6  

Hi D:
I slept in a lot this weekend. I actually had the last 4 days off. Which was awesome and just what I needed.

I weighed in today and am down 6 pounds. Which made me feel great. I am now on to week 2 and today was a good day.

Made some great chicken fajitas Friday. So I am having those for lunch tomorrow already packed and ready to go. I try and get the lunch or most of it packed the night before.

How was the walk? The weather here was just awesome. You could not ask for any better weather. I also got a bunch of housework done today. I have been wanting to clean out my room and finally did! It looks so much better.

Hope you have a great week! Let me know how WI goes. I will check in again soon.

I bought a steno book and that is how I have been journaling. I add up the points to equal my target. I just find it easier. I keep it in my work bag or on the kitchen table when I am at home. It has been a big help for me to keep journalling.

This week I want to work out at least 4 times. I too think once I get into working out ~~ I will want to continue to eat better.

I love the fresh fruits and veggies of the summer! I can't wait.

Last edited by Bluvsu2; 04-18-2004 at 11:27 PM.
Old 04-19-2004, 10:21 PM   #7  

Hello Everyone!

I too have 100 pounds to lose and would love to join your group. I have lost the same 40 pounds over and over again but am determined this time to lose 40+ and keep it off. I have set some short term goals for myself of losing 40 pounds by the middle of september. We are going on a two week vacation with five other couples so that is my target goal. We are going on a cruise in Feb so I would love to lose another 20# by then and then by the start of next summer to hit the 100# mark! I have always wanted to lose the weight but have never really thought about if I wanted to do the work to lose the weight. But I feel ready now. Ready to do the work to lose the weight. I am planning on joining WW this week or next and to use the Y membership I pay for every month but rarely go! I am excited to find this sight and hope to get to know you all in the journey.

GeeChee Girl!
Old 04-20-2004, 11:11 PM   #8  

Hi there,

Well I'm going to go to a WW meeting this week (SATURDAY) - want to ensure that I stay on top of this. Got to do a lot of walking - I did get out on Saturday - the weather was great and walked over 2 hours (mind you there were little puppy stops en route) as I slept in and did not make it to the gym.

Work kind of seems to take over and I work through lunch etc. Its 11 pm here and this is the first moment I've had to myself since getting home. I'm trying to have some healthy snacks at work or ensure I bring my lunch so that I don't get famished and indulge - particularly around 3-3:30 pm in the afternoon.

I'm walking everyday at least a mile up to 3 or 4 some days - I'd like to try to get back to the gym at least 2xs a week.

So how is everyone doing? I think that we need to keep the faith and believe that we will be successful this time. I hear you burn a lot of calories just doing housework.

Have a good week all!

D
Old 04-24-2004, 01:24 PM   #9  

Default Missed this one.

Hi everyone, D, S, Chee, Blu, I missed this thread some how. I have 100 + to lose. I am doing WW on my own. I also started Easter Sunday. I was down 8lbs as of yesterday. So I hope it's not too late to join in. I've really pumped up the activity in the last 2 wks and I think it's really helping. I feel alot better and being a diabetic it's important I exercise and lose the weight. My doc wanted my to have weight loss surgery but I'm still trying to do it on my own. So I could definitely benefit from the motivation here with others that also have quite a big goal. But since coming to 3fc, it's the first time in my life I've ever felt I could actually do it. All the way to goal. I've been yo-yoing for yrs and with every "yo" I get a little heavier. I lost and gained 30 lbs last summer. Well, as of now 22lbs. So my motivation. Lose or maintain....no longer gain.
I want off all these pills. At 44, I should be alot healthier.

Looking forward to getting to know everyone.
Old 04-26-2004, 10:15 PM   #10  

Hi there S, Chee, DonnaD, Blu

Well I'm checking in - I did make it to WW meeting on Saturday - unfortunately I was up 1 lb. The discussion was on "stress" and we did some brainstorming on:
1) how we react to stress; 2) alternative behaviours/responses to stress. People at the meeting were talking about the Hockey playoffs and how it stressed them out and how everyone takes things too seriously - having too much to do and not enough time to do it...... personal control is the key - sounds familiar. I figure it all has something to do with "personal nucleus of control" - which is how we frame and respond to situations. (read it in a book = Dance of Anger.... by a Doctor) Anyway - I did get to the gym for 1.5 hrs and will try to make it there a couple more times this week.

I do manage the walking every day (thank god for my pup!).

Bluvsu2 sounds like you're really getting on track - congratulations on the weight loss.

Everyone have a great week - hope the server doesn't go down again.

Danielle

PS - I have found some great high fibre, low fat granola bars via a company outside of Montreal - they are 1 and 2 points and very filling which helps when I don't take the time re: lunch, snack time.
Old 04-26-2004, 11:47 PM   #11  

Hi everyone, I really did miss this board while it was down. I had a busy work weekend. We had a big rectangular aluminum pool in the back yard that needed to come down. We hauled 560 lbs of aluminum to the junkyard. Then on sunday we ripped out about 60 ft of old hedges and a couple of large shrubs. I've also been exercising 1-2x day about 6days a wk. Since re-starting for the nth time on 4/11 I'm down 9.5lbs. Now to just keep it going. It's not easy with the box of entenmans ultimate cinnamon buns that the dh has in the fridge for over a wk. He's just not in the mood to eat them so they sit there getting harder and harder and torturing me. But so far I've avoided a collision D, where do you get those granola bars. Online? I've been looking for some that aren't loaded with sugar and points.

Anyway, I hope everyones monday wasn't too bad. I gonna get some shut eye. 5:45 comes around quickly. Have to get up that early to fit in the morning exercise. Then I usually go after work. Phew!

Have a great tuesday!
Old 04-30-2004, 07:38 PM   #12  

Default I HATE THE *&#$ SCALE!!!!!

OK, I am really frustrated my friends. I have been exercising alot. I have not been eating between meals. I've been so good it's disgusting and the scale just keeps going up and down the same 2lbs then 1lb the 1/2 lb for the last 3 days. I can't help but get on. I must admit my choices the last few days have been saltier. But Aunt flow isn't due for a couple of weeks so I can't blame it on that. I am just so I can't stand it. It's hard work. I need to see results. ..... Ok, thanks for letting me fume. I feel a little better. I know, push the water and keep up the exercise and don't give in to those 2 big ultimate cinnamon buns that have been residing in my fridge because the darling dh isn't in the mood for them right now and can let them sit for a week. Ok, so maybe I don't feel much better. Maybe I should just shut up and deal with it. Why is it so hard. I mean, I must admit, the exercise is finally becoming a habit. Still have to push to do it. The cravings are much better, but having it in my face all the time isn't easy, and then on top of that the scale is driving me

Well I hope everyone is doing better than I. I feel like I wasted 3 days even though I was OP and exercising...grrrrr!

S, I think I need to stop and smell those flowers of yours. I don't know why I let myself get worked up over such trivial things. There are such problems in the world and I go on ranting, now I feel stupid. But sometimes you have to vent. The underwriting is moving along. It's actually fun, at times, to learn something new. That's so cool that you have a diet buddy at work. I have a friend that's sort of a diet buddy. We support each other and have big soft shoulders when needed. Also kind of neat that you ran into an old friend and that it's going well. Keep us informed, inquiring minds want to know!
Old 05-03-2004, 03:58 PM   #13  

Hello everyone,

Danielle here - well I'm had a horrible flu (nice time of year to be sick) and didn't make the WW meeting this past Saturday. I did get out on a few walks with my pup but feel like I'm a little off track. I stayed home from work today and may again tomorrow.

Donna don't get discouraged - sometimes when we work out and the equation changes from fat to muscle - you can gain weight. Keep focused. Remember to stay the course - you shouldn't be weighing yourself so much - one a week max.

Hi S.,

I can relate to someone seeing you 100lbs different - I had lost about 120 pounds at one point and was my thinnest in my life and saw people who'd known me at my full weight. Now I'm back almost at that starting point.

So I'm going to get back on the horse so to speak as soon as this flus gone.

I'm married, I have one 15 year old daughter (who's giving me a lot of headaches these days - seems like a different girl right now) and I work in the federal government in Canada in the field of ethics. My pup is Taffy and he's 3 years old and looks like a Bichon Frise (but he's a mixed breed). My husband is Italian and, fortunately for him, doesn't really gain weight although he has a very hearty appetite.

A couple of you wanted to know about the granola bars I eat - they are from Grandma Emily's Granola bars in Montreal (Quebec) Canada. The website is www.grandmaemily.com and you can call toll free 1-877-943-3661 (not sure if it works in the US)

Anyway - I hope everyone is having a good week - take care

Danielle
Old 05-03-2004, 05:02 PM   #14  

Default I Wanna Join...But I Don't Go To WW

It seems as if a lot of you go to WW. I need a support group. I've had a gym membership for 4 years and I'm still 250 lbs. That should say alot. I need help, support, advice, a push, a shove, and some more. I did go to the gym Saturday and I was on the treadmill for 30 minutes. Pray for me. I want to lose this 100 lbs. I've lost almost 20 lbs and then I'll gain it all back. It seems like as soon as I eat anthing, I put on weight. I think I'm a carbohydrate junkie (if there is such a thing). It's been really hard to reduce the carbs in my diet. I'm 40 and I've been overweight for 13 years. My weight gain was triggered by the Persian Gulf War in 1990-1991. Its a long story. I went from a size 9-10 and didn't stop until I hit my high point (254.5) size 24. I need some people I can be totally honest with who won't judge me, but support me. I need people who didn't know me when I was a size 9, so they won't keep lookin at me as if to say, "How could you have allowed yourself to get like that." I also had a complete hysterecomy in 1994 and have been taking Horomone Replacement Therapy every since.
Old 05-03-2004, 06:39 PM   #15  

Dirojon, I don't go to the weekly WW meetings and weigh-ins either, but I do think it is a sensible plan. I pulled out some old booklets I had and figured out to stay at about 30 pts. It's a decent amount of food. And flexibility is important. Nothing worse than cooking different meals for yourself. I modify what everyone else is eating. More vegies and fruits, that type of thing. I'm not doing low carb, been there several times and the rebound weight goes on really fast. So I try to stick to whole grains. That helps. Try to exercise(some type, any type) at least 6 x week. And most importantly, I come here to 3fc. Everyone here is great. Ideas, inspiration, understanding and a good push when you need it. So check in as often as you can. We all have lots of reasons for our weight gain, but there is one thing we have in common. We want to change our way of living, eat better, lose weight, get healthier.

Can you tell I love it here?!
Closed Thread