Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 04-23-2004, 08:59 AM   #1  
JrzeMe

Red face New Member from OKC, OK

Hi everyone! My name is Donna and this is my first post. I joined yesterday and have been reading the posts and I cannot get over the support! There are people out there I can actually relate to!!! What a relief. I am married and 37 years old. I have 2 daughters Meghan 15, Amber 14 and a son Connor 11. I have always had weight to lose yo-yoing up and down. I fluctuated between 175 - 195 for years. I was always bothered by it but not consumed by it. BUT now I have hit 220 and it's exhausting. I am 5'4" and I have no energy. I went back to school and am eating on the run a lot. I cook for my family and my husband cooks too but we are not eating healthy by a long shot. I love Dr. Phil and I bought his books The Ultimate Weight Loss Solution and the companion Food Guide. I have been so swamped with studying that I have not had a chance to really read it. I pick it up at bedtime but I am out by the time I read one paragraph. School is out for me May 14th and I am going to focus hard on this and read the books. I am going to be 38 in May and I would like to at least have some progress by then. Well off too school for me. I have lost weight in the past but always with a friend. I have no "buddies" this time around that are interested in losing weight. But with this board I can see how much everyone supports on another. That is so nice. And afer I read some of the posts I got up and actually made a healthy lunch to take with me today. I can't wait to check the boards later!
Old 04-24-2004, 08:38 AM   #2  
Ready for ACTION!!!

Default Hey Donna!

Welcome! I am Cindi, 37, mother of 7. I live in GA and have been a member for about a month now. Because of this group I have lost 15 pounds so far!!! In so many ways, I can relate to your post because I too have a hectic schedule. But I haven't gone back to school!!!WTG!!! I am not really following a program yet, but I am reading Dr. Phil and I just have been influenced to make better choices by being here. I eat sensible and drink water, that's it. I am going to really kick up the exercise, because loss or not that will change the way my body looks and after 7 kids, I sure need it!!

In the support groups forum there are lots of great groups to join or you can try to start a thread of your own. I have been hanging out with the Stay at home moms and love the group!! So just check it all out and see where you fit!!

Once again, Welcome!!!!
Old 04-24-2004, 10:01 AM   #3  

Smile Good Morning Ladies

I am new here too..I too am amazed at the great support..I was diagnosed with diabetes three weeks ago..and fear certainly can be a great motivator..am finding this exchange diet very comfortable..Been fighting my weight since 4th grade..lost 100 pounds at least 4 times only to gain it back..very hard on your self concept....Have lost 11 pounds since my diagnosis and I am feeling soooooo much better...I am walking or gazelling 25-30 min every day..It really helps to get the blood sugar down..Before all of this I was sort of attempting the Dr. Phil program have his books and am still working on the 7 keys....I guess we need to learn that things don't happen overnight..and One step at a time...One meal at a time....and One day at a time really does work...You all have a nice weekend..I am a 53 year old widow with a GREAT 15 year old son...working on changing my lifestyle .... this diagnosis could be a blessing in disguise..It is forcing me to make changes I wish I had made YEARS ago..
Old 04-24-2004, 01:08 PM   #4  
Ready for ACTION!!!

Cindi,

I know what you mean about the blessing in disguise! I, too, am diabetic, but have been for a few years and just didn't care...until a little over 3 weeks ago when my blood sugar was 235 FASTING! That scared me, so here I am today, just like you!! It is sad that sometimes it has to go THAT far to really make us think!!

Glad both of us hardheads decided to pay attention and care enough about ourselves to do what it takes this time!

Welcome to the greatest community on the web! Both of you!
Old 04-24-2004, 03:53 PM   #5  

Default Thanks Cindi

for the warm welcome....
I know I am going to love it here.
Closed Thread