Old 04-05-2004, 12:02 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 187/185/140

Height: 5'9

Default Scale Addicts Anonymous #7

WOOHOOO look at us gooooo!!!! On to thread number 7!!! Today is bright, sunny and REALLY COLD!!! I'm even wearing a hat, scarf, and mitties! Haven't stepped on teh scales. Refuse to until the Sparkly Day Week Of Celebrations is over@!!! But I'll try to be as good as possible!

Hope to see everyone on here at some point today!!!

Happy Monday Ladies!!!
Hotsplashes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2004, 12:09 PM   #2  
Bound and Determined

S/C/G: 268/268/150

Height: 5'10"

Just wanted to let you know I'm still around. I haven't been doing the greatest lately--I gained a pound and it threw me for a loop. But I did my measurements this morning and I've lost over 9 inches total, so I think it's safe to say I'm still headed in the right direction, even if my scale doesn't agree. It will figure it out sooner or later (I just hope it's sooner!).
Hope everything is going well for everyone.
~Elisha
miss_elisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2004, 12:15 PM   #3  
Student of the Hoof

Hey ladies!

Sorry I've been so absent. I have been, and continue to be, very busy. Work is hectic, I have a horsesitting job this week in addition to my regular riding and stable work, then we picked up a volunteer web design job for one of the humane societies out here, plus I still need to get MY site up and running now that I have my own domain - then move the horsesitting stuff to that, plus the web design stuff PLUS I had to get Quicken working for my riding instructor (she kinda boogered up the installation) and I'm sure there is much more I've got written down on little stickie notes stuck everywhere. I have stayed OP with food, am working out the water issues on the weekends, and my weight is at 175.5. That makes me happy. Exercise has been half hearted, and yesterday I worked at the stables and the horsesitting so much I really just blew off any "workout" - though I did spend a good half hour plus arm wrestling my kids! They're getting so strong!

I'm sure it's MUCH colder there than it is here, HS! But I'm still a weenie about it, and I'm really looking forward to honest summer temperatures. Where did the 80s of two weekends ago disappear to??
RavenToy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2004, 11:46 PM   #4  

Well, my day ended wonderfully (sarcasm there...BIG time) so here I am..sitting here one day before my 40th...bf went to FLA without me...said he wouldn't have time to call me at all! not even on my Bday...i'm getting depressed....even when friends are getting me such nice pressies and sending me flowers....i get a giant fishbowl dropped on my foot...4 broke toes...can't work...can't go dancing....yeehaww for me.

But good thing is...I'm down 2lbs...even after the chocolate Lava cake and icecream last nite. Soooo I'm going to look at the broken toes as a pressie...don't have to work...get to spoil myself with the spa certificate my friends got me...and enjoy the whole week to myslef!!!!
Old 04-06-2004, 08:26 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 160/147/130

Height: 5'4"

Oh HS - I'm soooo sorry!!!! I can relate to the fish bowl on the foot!!! Sucks that it happened on your bday! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!
little grasshopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2004, 08:29 AM   #6  

OK, why did that post??

Guys, I know i've been absent and I'll explain myself later. Right now, in 15 minutes, I have to be at the office of the doctor I want to work with....and guess what......giving him a MASSAGE! ug. ug.ug.ug. I'm beyond nervous. I'm terrified!!!! I have days where I know I give a good massage, and days where I know they are counting the seconds until they can get OFF my table. I hope I have the first today!! I'm going to be selfish and say, send me your good fibes, thoughts, prayers - what ever you've got!!!!! SEND THEM PLEASE! This is what I've dreamed of my entire adulthood and here it is in my reach.........sometimes it sucks to get what you want.

I'll be back - just needed my support group a little
Old 04-06-2004, 08:43 AM   #7  
Student of the Hoof

HS .. Why did BF leave without you, business? And not even time for a call on your birthday? Not just any birthday, but the 40th?? Tell me, please, that you and he have plans for something really special as SOON as he gets back? And I'm SO sorry about the foot!! How unbelievably annoying that must be! I think that would throw me into a full blown self pity party. Ok.. now...

*clears throat.. hack choke*

*ahem*

*warble* ~ Hippo birdies two ewess......
Hippo birdies two eweeeeesssssss....
Hippo biiiiiiirdies dear HotSplashesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss *cough*
Hiiiiiippppoooooooo biiiiiiiiiirdiiieeeeeeeeeesssss twoooooooo EWEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSS~

*wheeze*

Luv ya chickie, I hope in spite of it all you have a wonderful, beautiful, less fluffy day!!!
Old 04-07-2004, 08:57 PM   #8  

HEllo Ladies! Sorry I missed Yesterday...twas very busy. Thankee for the Bday wishes and the Broke Toe sympathies. Toesies are feeling much better today.

Grassie I hope all went well! My post-good wishes are with you! And guess what I got for my Bday from two friends?? A gift certificate for a proffessional Massage!! She worked on my hip alot and it's felt great! She also did jaw massage for my TMJ...and my jaw feels great too...one question tho. She did alot work on my shoulders and neck...and that specific area now hurts and feels bruised. Is that normal? Hope the Doctor LOVED the Massage!

Raventoy! That's the bestest birthday song I've ever heard!lolTis better than the one my friends sang to me...Happy Bday to You...You live in a Zoo...You look like a monkey,,,, You act like one too!lololol How was all that Farm sitting and Horsesitting? Is the weather nice down there? We are supposed to be getting more rain and snow up here. Today was nice tho.To everyone else WHERE ARE YOU GUYS???? Hope to see everyone soon....I'll be on tomorrow again!! Sorry again for missing yesterday!
Old 04-08-2004, 02:38 PM   #9  

i did it again. Typed a whole post and then lost it. hold for a moment while I use profanity in whole new ways!!!!!!

okay. HS - unfortunately it's normal. As long as what you are feeling is like an overexercised muscle or maybe a bruised one, and not nerve problems, or numbness, it's common. It doesn't have to be though.

To work your TMJ area she would have to go to the neck and shoulders. YOu may not have known there were issues there, but there were. In order to work with those areas and not cause pain she would have to work very slowly and be very aware of exactly what's going on under her hands. Your muscles will push back if she goes too fast or too deep (it's a protective mech. in your body) many times it's hard to tell and we go a little too hard or fast and you end up in pain the next day.

It's not a good thing but it's pretty common and there is no real damage done to your body. If you work with her again I would ask if she can plan in the massage to work a little slower on the neck and shoulder area, before she goes deep, because you were bruised and sore afterwards and these massages are just as much for stress management (especially TMJ) as they are structural fixture. She should understand what you're asking for and then check in with you more often.

There are a lot of ideas on whether or not you should have pain in a massage. Personally it think less is more. If you can get results without pushing, you should always do it that way...but sometimes the push is needed. Most often if you are sore after a first massage, she just went too deep for your body (slightly) it's an easy fix though. As long as you were happier otherwise, stick with her!

Massage with doc went really really well. He was very happy and wants to put me in his schedule for more body work. I was happy about that!!! No job offer yet but good sign!!

I have to cut it short today. sorry!! Talk with you soon.
Old 04-08-2004, 11:26 PM   #10  

Gees...tis just me and Grassie now. Today has been hectic with housecleaning, last minit easter shopping. Walmart was a madhouse. I'm glad I don't have to do anything on Saturday.

Grassie, thanks for the info. Next time I go, I'll request the same girl and explain to her what happened. If she don't get it...I'll ask for someone else. Thank goodness that I've got you for a sounding board!lol

So what's everyone doing for Egg Day? I'm going to my BFs parents to celebrate Egg day, My Bday, his Mom's Bday and his sis's BdaY. Can't wait to see what kinda spread they're gonna put on! YUMMMMMMMm...

SO needless to say, eating will be out the window for the weekend! I'm already in on the chocolate bunnies!!!

See everyone tomorrow!!!
Old 04-09-2004, 10:15 AM   #11  
Confirmed Scales Addict

Hi everyone!!!

I'm back off my easter holidays....we got back late last night, haven't got much time on here today due to washing, shopping for easter, houswork, kids school holidays so there are on here more than me!!!

Weather has been great (for England!!) dry, bright and great for walking! We walked a lot over the last week, we took them (kids and ozzy) on a 2 hours walk, the dogs little legs were nearly dropping off. We stopped at a pub on the way back and the dog fell asleep on the floor and we couldn't wake him up for ages....bless him he was beat!

Sorry to hear bout your toes HS what you like???
Like wise with your head Shelley....

I'll pop in again if i get a minute free..going to marinade the lamb for sunday now!!!
Tulip-Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2004, 05:30 PM   #12  

Happy Good Friday everyone! Is there such a thing as a Bad Friday? Even Friday the 13th's are good!! It means the Weekend is here!! WOOHOOOOOooo...Weather is awesome. Got lotsa stuff done. Of course still got more to do!lol HOusework is never done especially with two dogs and a cat.

Going to be spending the next two nites with sis and friends closing down the local bars in the final celebrations of my weeklong Bday Party. Has been a hoot, broke toes and all. hopefully I can cram my toes into some boots to go dancing. I did it at Xmas...I'll do it tomorrow nite!lol

Bad news is...I've already started ODing on Choclit Bunnies!! Only one so far...but I know there will be more by Sunday!

Hope everyone has a great weekend. I won't be back till Sunday!!!
Old 04-10-2004, 05:00 PM   #13  

Hi guys! I know what you mean about those little eggs! they're yummy!!!! I haven't eaten any but I'm eating enough other stuff to make up for their loss....We need TF to whip us into shape!

My poor doggie messed up the pads on his feet. He's hobbling around all over the place and can barely stand at all. I did take him to the vet but there's not much they can do. He has pain pills but he's pitiful!!! Just plain sad.

Enjoying the break today! I will write more later!!!
Don't eat too many eggs HS!!!!
Old 04-11-2004, 11:08 PM   #14  

Ohhh sorry to hear about poor puppy, Grassie! Use some Vetwrap to help ease the pain. Poor doggie.

Had a good weekend here. The weather was nice, easter was great, got nice stuff for easter and my bday. And ate WAAAYYYy too much food.

Just a quickie note before I go to bed!

Take care and see everyone Monday!@
Old 04-12-2004, 09:00 AM   #15  
Student of the Hoof

Hey chickies -

Grasshopper, what happened to the poor pup's feet? I know once in a while my dane will tear up her pads on asphalt if she's running too fast.

HS - Glad you had a good weekend and a good easter.

I'm still here, just having a little apathy attack. I'm still OP, still losing, at 174 from 177 at the beginning of the month... I just don't seem to care much right now. Too much on my mind, too little sleep, just .. I'll be ok.

Hope everyone had a great weekend!