Old 04-23-2004, 12:51 AM   #1  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Default chit chat #44

Welcome to the Jaded Ladies site!!

This is a very warm and friendly group of ladies who provide daily support in our walk towards a healthier lifestyle!!

Please join us!
Ang

Last edited by da fat n da furious; 04-23-2004 at 12:59 AM.
da fat n da furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2004, 12:57 AM   #2  
Give me strength

Good evening Ladies,
Figured we needed a new thread.

Marti, am into another play,,,Anton in Show Business,,,funny show. A play within a play.

Jana,,,you ROCK! So are you going to go and buy another SMALLER pair of pants?

Susan tried to call you....will try again

Well got a call from the show,,,it seems they had written down my number wrong and my papers were sent to Edmonton and then someone had to dig throu all the hundreds of forms to find my number....and now 2 days late they got ahold of me and I go for my second audition Wed. The woman I talked to was the same woman who did my first audition,,,she was so relieved to get me...I was flatter and pretty goofy on the phone. I was shaking so bad....and laughing. Of course,,,I always laugh when Im nervous...which makes for things like funerals horrible places for me.
So Im now exhausted from everything....
plus the Wings lost...and I got alot of ribbing about it.
well night all
Angie
Old 04-23-2004, 01:16 AM   #3  

Height: 5'1"

Default Shouldn't we be on chitchat #44??

Hello ladies--

Late night for me...pretty tired. I just now got Jhanai to bed!! Can you believe that? We started at 9:30 and just now left her room. What a way to prolong staying up on a school night!!

RosieKate--Good to see you pop in!! Wasn't the weather just great today? So different from just yesterday!! Typical. Wow, all organic produce delivered? That's pretty cool. I've never heard of the Trib...is that a Portland paper? I would love to get more organic produce...but they're just so spendy sometimes. I do visit the farms during Spring and Summer to get my veggies....fresh is just so much better. I'm so glad you decided to pop in and visit. I hope you decide to stay awhile.

Jana--Now now lady....I just had to laugh at your post...."make sure and help James exercise that pelvis".....Jana, Jana. (hee-hee) [don't worry] I really want to take Jhanai to Disney World someday. My sister in Florida lives near there. So maybe some day when I finally get to go over and visit her, we'll get the chance to go there too. (better stock up on film now!! or if it's digital, extra batteries and extra memory cards!!)

Cristi--You know, 15 mins. is better than nothing. James used to tell me that all the time. So now it's always in my head. (although I try to ignore it quite often) After awhile you'll work up to more time and you'll be getting to where you want to be in no time!! We're going to do it---I can just feel it.

Susan--You're food choices are always so good and healthy. Me...I was doing great all week when James wanted a Pizza!! Now, for any of you who don't know James (which I guess that would be all of you ) He is NOT a pizza eater. We maybe eat it 3-4 times a YEAR. So I was shocked and of coarse had to eat some. I ate 2 1/2 slices. And I know I shouldn't have!!!! But I will get back onto track tomorrow and eat much better...already have the chicken out of the freezer for tomorrow dinner.

Angie--You're one of those laughing nervous type too?? I hate that sometimes. And when I get so angry...I tear up like I'm crying even though I'm angry......crazy. I don't think I've heard of "Anton in Show Business". Do like comedy plays? Or more serious? I've never acted in a play...only sang in the choir and I was in the 5th grade!! (years and years ago!!) I'm too darned SHY!!

Well ladies.....I should get myself to bed. I'm tired and I have to get Jhanai up for school. Her school is a 30 min drive from my house so we need to get up early.

Hello to all the MIA girls out there!! Hope to hear from you soon.

Night
Marti
Marti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2004, 08:37 AM   #4  
GmaTo8

Good morning ladies,

Susan - you are doing so good with healthy eating!! Doesn't it just make you feel so much better? Glad Rachel will be home today. She'll have lots to tell you, I bet.

Angie - I changed the title to Chit Chat # 44, lol. Hope you don't start a debate thread about it, lol. Yes, I am going to buy the next size down in jeans. I already bought several new pairs of dress pants recently, but jeans - that's where you can really tell the difference! Are you doing the audition this coming Wednesday? Break a leg!

Marti - Florida residents get a big discount in May, so when you go, your sister could get good rates on stuff if you go then. Jhanai would love it! I am like a little kid when it comes to Dis, and I have to say I can barely wait! I am a crier when angry, too, and it makes me even madder when that happens!

Hi to Cristi and the others...

Today I have to finish pricing the yard sale stuff, then, after supper, Neal and I are going to take it over to our son's house, and set it all out on the tables in his garage. I don't have a whole lot, and will be happy to sell $100. worth of stuff. If I've even got that much to take! But it feels good to get some of this stuff out of the house. I'm not really a pack rat, but it all builds up over time, you know?

I have been OP all week and am looking for a nice weigh-in tomorrow AM.

Be good,
Jana
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2004, 11:01 AM   #5  
Give me strength

ME too,,, a crier when angry. Hate that...but I don't get angry often so thats ok.

Yes Im going Wed to the audition,,, I have voice lessons first so I will be all warmed up to talk,,,and talk and talk
btw in the first audition I brought up you all...3FC. The guy interviewing me was like you really need to change the name. 3 FAT chicks grrrr
Well off to work I go....
Angie
Old 04-23-2004, 12:07 PM   #6  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Smile Good Morning & a Happy Friday to All~

How funny Marti & Angie-me too! I giggle when I am nervous and have always hated that. I feel that I am not being taken serious when I giggle, you know like at a job interview. I also tear up when angry, I don't actually cry, just tear up.

Jana~I am so jealous!! Can I come with you to Disney World? Just kidding...I know you guys are going to have a fun time and I think it's great that the whole family is going to go. I love the sound of the Hippy Dippy pool! I have never been to Disney World but have been to Disneyland a few times. Who knows, maybe one day I will venture out to Florida. I think though if I ever do venture out it would be to the west coast, just a little partial to CA. WTG on staying OP and I KNOW you will see a loss tomorrow.

Marti~I was going to say something along the lines that Jana said (about you and James) but thought I best keep it quiet. Funny Jana Will Jhanai be staying with you a lot when school is out?

Angie~keeping my fingers crossed and sending good vibes for the audition. :

Susan~bet Rachel will be just as excited to get home as you will. My oldest went to Science Camp for a week, I think in 5th grade and I missed him like crazy. Of course he acted like he didn't miss us but I know he did. The kids came back with a suitcase of clean clothes. I asked him why-he said he didn't take a shower. WHAT!!?? He was stinky!!! Kids are funny.

A big WELCOME to Miss RosieKate!Looking forward to getting to know you. Wow, you and Susan are pretty close to one another, that is so cool.

Hi to everyone else!

This was supposed to be a quickie as we are having bad thunderstorms and I was trying to post before they start. Had one already go through, one is supposed to hit in about 1/2 hour and it is supposed to be like that all day and through Saturday-yuck! Makes for an ugly weekend, not that I had plans. Not really sure what our plans are for the weekend, yard work is definitely out of the picture. Just going to clean house today, not much cleaning to do. If it wasn't rainy I would go get a start on the garage. Anyway, have a great day and weekend ladies. See ya
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2004, 12:20 PM   #7  
One day at a time

Smile

Thought I would post this in a new post so it wouldn't get lost in the other.

Okay, listen up ladies~

We need to get a count of who all is going to meet in August. I know Marti, and Shanna are not for sure, but can't remember who else said they couldn't. Last talk about all this Kayecee and Angie I think were coming and possibly Susan??? Anymore?? Right now though we need a definite answer as to who is going to make it. I know August is a ways away but believe me, it will be here before you know it and planning ahead is important.

For any newcomers we are planning a get-together in Indiana in August (14th or 24th) for all the Jaded Ladies and would love it if you could join us.

P.S. I was thinking about this post today and thought I should change a couple of things, such as my comment "Right now though we need a definite answer as to who is going to make it." It should say I would like to know. The reason I would like to know is I am contemplating a trip sooner and am not sure that I could make 2 trips. If anyone is going to show up in August I will wait till then because I would love to meet you all, if not I am planning an earlier trip. Anyway, sorry if that came off as bossy, it was not my intent at all. I have been thinking about it since I posted and thoguth I better come back and fix.
Old 04-23-2004, 12:39 PM   #8  

Good morning ladies--

I just got home from taking Jhanai to school. Then, when I got here, I realized Jhanai left her glasses!!! (sometime I think she just "misplaces" them on purpose)

Suppose to be a gorgeous day today...but it's still morning and kind of foggy looking. We'll see how it actually turns out.

Cristi--We haven't had a thunderstorm this year yet, but just last week we had a terrible day of hard wind and rain!! I think it would have hurt to walk out in it!! Of coarse I just stood on my patio and looked thinking I'm so glad we're in this house!! (the other house leaked!! In fact it was cover with a tarp because it leaked so bad!! NOT PRETTY)

Jana--I wonder why May is a big discount month?? I will have to keep that in mind. I could always start sending my sister money to get our tickets or whatever it is that you need. I just know that Jhanai is at the age that she'll really enjoy it and also be able to remember it!! I'm thinking in the next couple years. If not Disney World, at least Disney Land!! (they're both fun right?)

Angie--You should have told him that we're the Jaded Ladies...But I agree...3FAT chicks don't sound to impressive does it? But how neat that you even mentioned us!! Just to know that someone in Canada is thinking of us..... Are your friends still thinking about joining us here??

RosieKate--I didn't realize you were a SAHM.....I must have missed reading that somewhere. Boy, you and Susan do live nearby! I live South of you two, down in Cottage Grove....have you heard of it? A real rinky dink of a town....but it's alright. My choice would be on the outskirts of Eugene, so I was closer to more jobs and my daughters school. But we couldn't pass up this house when it was offered to us.

Susan--You haven't posted yet....wait...you're more of a late poster aren't ya? Well get back in here and tell us how you're holding up. Have you heard ANYTHING from Alex since your meeting? Or are you just letting it go?

Shanna--You need to come back and post and get us all update with how work is going for you!! Is it getting any better?

Kayecee--Are things slowing down a bit for you to pop in and catch up? I miss your southern humor....are you in the south?

Katie--How is the weather down south in Cali? Are you hitting the beaches??

Kathy--How are things with you? Pop in soon!!

Rita--How are you? Have you been busy with work? We want to hear from you too!!

Who am I missing?? I sure feel like I've left someone out.....If I did, so sorry...come back and post and refresh my memory!!

Well, my day is going to consist of finishing up some homework and then relaxing. I'm in a lazy mood. The sun needs to pop out so I can get some energy!! I must have that mood thing....where you need light to have energy!! Or....I'm just flat out lazy today. Yeah, I think that's more like it. Hee-hee......

Alrighty then, I better get off of here and work on math. That should be done and out of my way. (what a way to spend a no school day!!!)

BBL

Marti

PS....sure wish I could join you girls this year, but I'm not able too...but there is a big possibility for next year!! Who ever does go....SOMEONE make sure they bring their camera!! I want to see GROUP photos!! Also, maybe next year we can meet more on the West Coast...........(maybe....)
Old 04-23-2004, 05:31 PM   #9  
One day at a time

Smile

Just thought I would check in while the weather isn't bad. I needed to reword something on my last post. Man, what a day for storms. This has been nasty. Two storms have moved through so far and more are expected later. Too bad we don't have grass yet, this would be GREAT for it.

Marti~don't worry missy, I DEFINITELY will have a camera when I go, plenty of film and batteries too! I don't go anywhere without a camera. I think Disneyland is fun, of course Disney World I am sure is 100 times better only because there is more to do. But Disneyland is nice and so much fun. There is a lot to do there also.

Well, I need to go do a few things and get off this thing. Not sure when the next storm is supposed to move in but it is supposed to be a bad one with hail. So, after it stoped raining this last time, I went and rearranged the garage, moved some things around so I could park my mini-van in the garage. I found 2 boxes fo kitchen stuff out there. I'm sure if I keep cleaning and rearranging I will find more stuff. Our next big chore is to clean that and get rid of a lot of stuff, to the trash, yard sale and goodwill. I can't stand the mess.

Hope everyone is having a nice day. I probably won't check in again today so I will see you all tomorrow sometime. Toodles
Old 04-23-2004, 08:06 PM   #10  
GmaTo8

Hi ladies,

Angie - when 3FATChicks started, the sisters had a picture of themselves on the home page, at their highest weights, standing together outside a restaurant. I could really identify with them! And although I hate the word "fat", something about how they just put it all out there seemed warm or something. Kind of vulnerable, you know? I knew I would like it here, and feel comfortable among friends.

Cristi - I had to laugh about your son's clean clothes. When my nephew Zane stays here, he's lucky to get one shower all week. Since he's only 8 he doesn't have a lot of body odor yet, thank goodness!!

Marti - May is a slow month at Disney - spring break is over and summer vacation hasn't started for most people yet. So they give the discount to draw in the locals.

Well, I'm just sitting here waiting for my son to get the tables ready for the yard sale... finished pricing everything and am all set to go.

BBL,
Jana
Old 04-23-2004, 08:15 PM   #11  

Evening ladies--

Well I have to say....Gorgeous my butt!! The weather was clouded over all day and still is. But Jhanai and I managed to get a walk in. Her idea. (I need her as my coach!!)

Jana--I have to agree about 3FC. When I first saw it, (a year before I finally signed up) it was always a place for me to come and read up on post to get encouragement. And it does have that warm inviting "something" to it. Which is why I'm here!!

Cristi--Boy, you and Jana are just going crazy with the yard sale thing!! I have never had a garage sale. But I have to say that I should after cleaning out James storage of his moms stuff. She has all kind of things that we just don't need. This summer we are cleaning it out. No more paying for a storage for things that don't belong to us.

I am very tired today. I'm not sure why. Drowzy feeling at the moment. I should have had my cup of coffee this morning, but I didn't. And I haven't in a long time......maybe it's the withdrawls!!

Ok..I just wanted to pop in while I had the chance.

Take Care ladies.....

Marti
Old 04-23-2004, 10:45 PM   #12  
kitty Momo

Evening-

It was soooooooo super nice to hear your voice last night Angie!!! It had been waaaaaaaay too long. I missed you though- I don't get off til 10pm.

CONGRATS on a second meeting with the show- you are perfect for it!

Cristi- It would be so great to make a trip and meet you all but I can't.I am with Marti though maybe next summer have a west coast meeting??

Katy- OMG- very small world!! Don't you love Maplewood school?? Use to be set in the country. My ex is a lot older and lived in the house around the corner with the rock wall......his first 3 kids went to Maplewood back in *whenever*....lol
My 2 year old and I walk the path at Gabriel -she eyes the play area as we make our loops - on the last one I let her play.
Anyway- Rebecca has Ms Lee for a teacher- suppose to be awesome weather- can't wait to get outside. Hope to go to Oaks Bottom and take a walk.
Nice to have you here!! Probably have already crossed paths -lol-

I had a super day! Going full time with HAP (yep- you got it right Katy next week. Just a great opportunity- and look forward to learning so much.

I better go!!!

Rachel is home from OD school!! Missed her tons- cried when the bus pulled up. She is tired and came home filthy- lol- Gabster was thrilled to see her

Hi Jana!! Hi Marti!! Hi to everyone that NEEDS to post!!! lol......

TTFN
Mom2Gaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2004, 07:26 AM   #13  
GmaTo8

Hi ladies,

Marti - yeah, you oughta have a yard sale. It amazes me what junk people will buy! I came real close to trying my hand at eBay where you can get more $$ but didn't want to bother with shipping, etc.

Susan - glad your Rachel made it home safe!

The scale says my weight maintained this week. I can't tell you how disappointing that is after being OP all week! But I know I am lucky to have had a steady loss all along (except for 1 other week when I maintained). I have hit a weight that I haven't been down to for over 3 years, and was at this weight for a long time... hope my body isn't thinking of staying here! Grrrr..... Well, anyway, I will keep OP and get through it. But I don't have to like it.

Gotta go to the sale, bbl,
Jana
Old 04-24-2004, 10:23 AM   #14  

Now today is the GORGEOUS day!!! I woke up half an hour ago with the sun peaking in......of coarse, I can't sleep in when I see that!! (plus James had to get up and I can't miss saying goodbye!!)

Jana--Maintaining a weight is so much better than gaining!! (which reminds me that I need to go weigh myself) You've done so well and you've lost so much. When you reach a pateau, you're suppose to change the routine a little. So add to your exercise or change your menu around a little. (ok...so I can dish out good advice but taking it is a whole other story!)

Ok I weighed....and I'm hanging onto 150. I hate that. Especially since I've really worked on it more this week. Oh well I will strive for next weigh in. I should drink more and walk more!! Keep a positive attitude!! That's the only way it's going to work!! Plus, I'm going to blame the PIZZA !!!!

Susan--Refresh my memory what HAP is....(I'm too lazy to go back to the other thread and see) Glad that Rachel is back home. Always good to snuggle with our babies.

Morning to the rest of our group!!! Grab yourself a cup of coffee and join us for a little chat.

Which is what I'm going to go do right now...grab a cup of coffee then wait for Jhanai to wake up!! (she decided to sleep in!!) I think we're going to go for a walk over to the park...they have a little Saturday Market and it would good to get out in this sunshine!! Plus, who knows what they have available!! Ok...I'm off to have a cup of coffee then watch the squirrels and wait for Jhanai (didn't I already mention that?) I will chat with you later!!

Marti
Old 04-24-2004, 10:44 AM   #15  
RosieKate

Good morning, everyone!

Marti Nice and sunny as of now in the Rose City. Couldn't believe yesterday. Just as DH was getting home and taking over so I could walk, it poured. I ended up walking Gabriel while DS was at his fencing class at the community center. Met my goal of walking 5x this week. Tho' one was a bit short only 20 min. I have to walk the kids into the Village today to buy some birthday presents, so I'll get a little more in today.

Jana - As you know, I'm new to 3FC, and I am enjoying the camaraderie. I just couldn't get it together to get back to TOPS, for a variety of reasons, so I'm glad this is here. If you've hit a plateau, try changing your exercise. It was a tip passed on from one of the TOPS queens from several years ago. I feel I've become the maintenace expert in that weight hasn't crept up on me since the birth of DD. But I am not losing the way I want either, so I'm focusing on shorter term goals. Gotta get these lbs off!

Susan - I'm sure we have walked right by each other at some point! My son is in Ms. Hawes class. We are loving Maplewood. Such a great community....is your daughter doing Bookbaggers next week? DS is not old enough this year. So glad PPS has been able to hold on to Outdoor School - Hope they can afford to keep it around for my kids. Oaks Bottom will be gorgeous today, have a nice walk.

Ok, Aunt Flo is getting ready for a visit, I responded by eating a bunch of junk food yesterday. After having several great days of feeling in control over my eating, I let it loose. I'm resolved today to eat more of the produce that was delivered this week. I have a great salad just sitting in the fridge and some collard greens. So I think I'll try a new recipe for dinner tonight and see if the family likes collards. Wish us luck.

Have a great weekend everyone - we have a busy one!