South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-22-2004, 06:36 AM   #1  
I vant to draw your blood

Default Thursday Beach Chatter

Good morning, Chicks~~

I woke up this morning and it was just me and the fur/feather kids. Kind of nice to have solitude once in a while.

Yesterday was better than Tuesday, beachwise. Aunt Flo is lurking, so I'm 'feeling' fat and wanting chocolate so much, it's a good thing the bun-bun is a real rabbit and not a chocolate one or he'd be missing some ears!

Went to Costco last night and stocked up on string cheese..too bad it doesn't come in chocolate flavor. ~~sigh~~

Dh and I haven't walked at all this week, what with getting BIL settled and and whatnot. But we ARE going tonight.

You all have a great day on the beach.

Mamacita
Old 04-22-2004, 07:11 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning Chickies!
I've been around, just not able to post much. I seem to be having the same problem as Ruth, my computer has been running extremely S-L-O-W, and particularly with this website.
The weather here has been glorious, and DH and I have been busy. We put in a new perrenial garden along side the house, and bought some new rose bushes. Spent a fortune at the nursery, so we're calling it our anniversary present to each other. We'll be married 35 years on the 28th! Yesterday a friend and I spent the day at the "world famous" Longwood Gardens. The displays there were absolutely breathtaking!
I've starting going to Curves for a workout every morning, but I wonder, should I eat something before I go, or should I wait til after my workout? I want to get the full benefit of the workout, so I've been eating a piece of String Cheese before I go, then having breakfast when I get back. Am I doing the right thing?

Ruth, I hope your results come back OK. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you.
Old 04-22-2004, 07:27 AM   #3  

Height: 5'-2"

Ruthie, sending you lots of love and hugs... This day will soon be over, and you can get on with your life.

Cottage, 35 years! That's wonderful! (happy, I hope. )
According to my trainer, you should have some water with lemon juice in it and a piece of fruit before you go. Then breakfast when you get back.

Marmacita, you're funny.
Hey, I've had this great idea for our budgies. I'm going to set them up on the second floor landing with their cage, and leave the door open so they can fly about. I HATE having birds in cages. There's lots of light for them there, and they'll be so happy. I just have to hang a curtain up so that they don't fly up to the third floor. I don't want any birdie doo on my bed, thank you!

Going to wake up the children... back later...
Old 04-22-2004, 07:34 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Quickie post again! I get up before five and the day accelerates immediately it seems!

Mamacita, chocolate flavoured string cheese? Too funny! Would adding sf/ff hot choclate mix to your coffee help? I do that every morning in the dreary weather.

Ellis, um..... can you train them to poop on a newspaper? I just can't imagine going up to your third floor via that landing! Maybe paint the floor grungy white?

Cottage, the site will be moved to another server over the weekend which will solve our slow response times. WI and Scotland are experienciung the same delays. Very frustrating! I have heard so much about Longwood from friends on my gardening website and hope to get there someday. It's on my list along with touring Irish gardens.

Well, I have gorgeous big bright new kitchen windows - installed by Bill, Bill and Bill! I thought they were putting me on about the names. It took the whole darn day and made quite a mess but was worth it. Now I must make painting and decorating decisions but am tempted to leave it until fall.

My new helper, Sarah, worked with me on the gardens all day. She is going to be just great to help with raking and lugging stuff way out back to the compost mountain. She even volunteered to rake the poopy dog garden and it looks great! The Girls were at the kennel for construction day so it was a good opportunity. By the way, I am NOT stiff and sore this morning so she sure is worth $8 an hour!

Need to wash my hair and get ready for more gardening if it's dry enough out there. I wish I could control when it rains! Jane comes to stay with Harry this afternoon and I go to see the doctor about the results of my plumbing check. I will be glad to get that over with no matter what the results. It's better to know than not know.

Thanks for all the good wishes and prayers. What will be will be. I'll let you know the results tomorrow morning if I don't get back in here today.

Happy Thursday!
Old 04-22-2004, 08:21 AM   #5  

morning everyone!!

good luck ruth!! so glad you got some help in the garden. i've been trying to make decisions about re-doing my kitchen also but i haven't come up with a plan yet. still worn out from the living rm, dining rm and bed rm we did this winter. when i see the right color i will know. have fun with it.

ellis wear a hairnet when you go up to bed. let the birdies be free!!

mama glad you got a little alone time. i like the idae of chocolate string cheese only i'm not so sure i'd like the look of them.

cottage happy anniversary!!!

hello to everyone else yet to post. have a great day!!!
Old 04-22-2004, 08:34 AM   #6  

Good morning everyone.
I just finnished up a nice breakfast of bacon and 2 scrambled eggs.
I counted that it would be about 380 calories. I am planning on doing a half hour walk this morning . The weather is nice and I am in need of some fresh air. I have some report cards to finnish as well as some lesson plans to make.
I am on school vacation this week and I am planning on doing some planting with my students ( kindergarten) when I return on Monday. Boy this week has flown by!

I actually ate good yesterday and stuck to phase two I had only one small serving of brown rice with my dinner of chicken and green beans and one glass of red wine. today I hope I can have the same resolve. I may go out to lunch with my husband today. He likes chinese...We go to this restuarant that has lunch plate specials. I will try to make a good choice, If I have something off the SBD I will have a salad for dinner. Wish me luck.

Last edited by chilichick; 04-22-2004 at 08:44 AM.
Old 04-22-2004, 08:45 AM   #7  
Running Babe

Morning all,

I survived day 3, it was a tough day though... Crystal Light, Sugarfree jello and pickels saved me

Anyway, I did my walking yesterday and I usually do a step/pump classes tonight, but my gym is doing an anniversary party ce soir, so I think I'll skip that and take advantage of the sunshine and go for a jog.

Anyhoo take care!

Ali
Old 04-22-2004, 09:09 AM   #8  
Reeling Reverend

Morning! Quick post- so much to do.. Summer fast approaching... sheesh!

I went to my second voice lesson last night! It was great! THen i stopped my the greocery store and picked up some legal foods. Feeling great! Everyone in the building has commented that I look like I'm losing some weight. Even the stodgy old lawyer from the law office upstairs!! Keeps me motivated! WATER WATER WATER. I swear, it's giving me the energy and delicious skin I so need!

Good luck, dear Ruth. Let us know.
Old 04-22-2004, 12:59 PM   #9  

Hi everyone!

Crystal - Wish it felt like summer was approaching here.. it sure is cold out today!

SweaterGirl - Congrats on making through day 3! I made it as well. Have you weighed yourself at all since you started?

I have a question for everyone: I've lost 6 pounds since Monday when I started the SBD (started out at 152 and now I am at 146). I know part of the weight I lost was due to water and TOM. I normally weigh 149-150. So, am I losing weight too quickly? I eat when I am hungry, but is there anyway I could be doing something wrong? I do feel a bit sluggish, but I figured it was because of the change in diet and lack of carbs. Otherwise I feel ok.

Thanks!
Old 04-22-2004, 01:05 PM   #10  

Height: 5'-2"

Gee, Tonic. I think you're the first person here to be worried about losing weight too quickly. I think you're fine. The weight loss will slow down, and we're all different. Congratulations!

I decided to get my workout over with this morning. It was really good. I see I haven't lost any weight during the last two months, but I've been working out like a crazy woman. I'd better start dropping soon. I know there are muscles somewhere under all this darned fat.

Jodi, I'm gearing up for doing my kitchen, too. Let's see who gets it done first... my bet is on Ruth.

Ruth, if you don't get in here with news later this afternoon, I may have to call you.
Old 04-22-2004, 01:27 PM   #11  

ellis - hehe.. I hope people do not think I am weird. Its just I am 5'7.5" and I was at 152 when I started. I really want to get to 138.. and I had heard that the last pounds are slow and hard.. which is what I have discovered over the last 9 months (but I also did not work out like I used to due to many reasons.. I'll spare you the details).
I just wanted to make sure I was doing the diet right and not eating too little and having my body use up muscle instead of fat. I have noticed a change in my belly fat, but most of my weight is in my hips/thighs... so its hard to tell where its all coming from.

Thanks for easing my concerns though!

Oh, have you tried taking measurements? It sounds to me like you are losing weight and gaining muscle.. so maybe thats why its not showing up on the scale. Keep up the good work! I need to start exercising again.
Closed Thread