Old 04-21-2004, 10:08 AM   #1  
2BoysMom

Default Stay at Home Moms #154

Welcome to a thread devoted to those who have the ultimate job of taking care of their family. Here you will find wonderful women raising a family and trying to find time to take care of themselves and their weight too. So if you are a SAHM jump right in and say hello and to all you who have been here before I look forward to a new day with you!
Chubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2004, 10:29 AM   #2  
2BoysMom

Good morning ladies

We'll see how far Tony let's me type. Seems he doesn't like me talking to you girls 'cause whenever I start to post he comes crawling over and whines and cries for my attention

Spryng, glad your house is making you feel great about yourself. I did a lot of cleaning the other day and mine's still looking good. There are toys out and about but that wouldn't embarrass me if someone came by. That's what kids do! But my piles of crap on the kitchen counters was out of control! Crap, here comes Tony Bottom 3: Diana, Red and I really think George deserves it this time. He wasn't very good last night. I wasn't thrilled with Diana either but the judges seemed to like it.

Crystal...I don't know how you do it! If Dh says something's a mess I say "have at it!" He knows I don't sit around all day doing nothing Glad he's starting to acknowledge your efforts though.

Leigh are you hitting Go Advanced when you post? It should work! Congrats on the 1 lb down... that is great! You can come do my scrapbooking for me...I'm so far behind!

Kate congrats on the walk yesterday. Good luck with TOM. I will not let him get the best of me today!!

Penny, I'm with Spryng...maybe the SB thing just isn't for you. I couldn't do it myself (I never tried, but I know how I am when I CAN'T have something). Even if it's working well for your cousin it may not be the plan for you. Stay with us though! It took me a few months to get myself going here!

Michelle..Dh finished the cookies and I thanked him and said I wouldn't be buying them again. Stupid move on my part but oh well...it's done!

Melinda the mall was ok. I wasn't looking for me. The boys needed new shoes. Found the coolest Nemo sandals for Will and a CLEAN pair of tennis shoes. Tony got another pair of baby shoes...the old fashioned walking shoes. He hates shoes and will kick off tennis shoes. He can't get the boot like ones off. Your outfit sounds so cool!! Tomorrow is Dh's birthday and all he wants is a blueberry pie. Not one of my absolute favs so he can have it!

Well I got my 3 mi walk in this morning...tried to really pump my feet and sweat off some of the cookies from yesterday! Maybe I'll do more exercise later. Spryng, what's the scoop on your thigh trainer? Are you just getting your money back or a new one?

Gotta go and break up the boys. It's always something! Going to meals.com to try to find some new meals to make. So sick of the same old thing.

Hi to everyone else. Hope you're all having a good day.
Chubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2004, 11:13 AM   #3  
burned out bus driver

Morning!!
Geri- thanks for starting the new thread.....guess I was "0" for the last one. Oh well, life gets busy. Glad that Tony let you type and that you got the 3 mile walk in. Doesn't that feel great!!!!!!!

Well, life here continues to be busy......tonight I am taking a CPR course- sooner or later the state is going to mandate it, so I am taking it before they insist. So I will be out tonite till 9....past my bedtime!!!!!! The big guys had no school yesterday (maintenance day????never heard of that) and plus I did an extra run. So basically I have little time to think.....post or whatever. I am going to WW tomorrow. It at least gives me a wee little break today.

Gotta go make dinner for tonite. Sorry not to get personal with everyone.
Enjoy your day!
Ginny
ECmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2004, 11:23 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

HI again!
Geri thanks for starting a new thread. There are toys strung around here all the time too. I'm trying to confine the toys to the kids rooms but that doesn't always happen. But I don't mind toys here and there. Oh and my thigh trainer got sent back the day before yesterday and I'm just getting a refund. I need to sit down and figure out how to include exercise in my daily plan again. With flylady I hardly have time to sit let alone exercise. Maybe since I don't clean at nap time I can try to do something then. We'll see. I'm not really worried about it right now for some reason but I know I need it. I checked out meals.com too and found a taco casserole I want to make but I want to modify it and wouldn't have a clue how many pts it would be. But I'm going to try it. Let us know what you find!
Ginny so glad to see you!!!! What are you making for dinner tonight that has to be started so early? Crockpot? Sounds like you are as busy as ever. Hope your WI goes great tomorrow!!!
Well, I got all my dressers and end tables cleaned off and dusted in my room. Took longer than 15 min though. I still have to clean off this desk and then tomorrow I'll finish up the floor. I have tons of clothes to hang and closets to tidy up. Glad I have a few more days for this room. Like I said before, it is the worst room in the house! But it already looks 100% better. And making my bed everyday helps too.
Ok, well I'm off here to fold some laundry. Still trying to catch all that up too. TTYL!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2004, 11:46 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning!! I hope everyone slept well last night and is ready for their routines and kiddies today!! Well today I think I'm gonna take my daughter to the library I kinda think 2 years is too young to go to the library but my mom says it isn't, so that will be my fun activitie with Taylor today and since we don't really have creative movement classes here I'm gonna do her Mommy and Me video with her, she really loves them. Gotta get started on my flylady as soon as I'm done posting I don't want to get out of habit, I am reallly addicted!! My house has never been so clean!!

I agree John should go even though there is something about him that I like, and Diana yes she has a wonderful voice but her personality seems fake/snobby but thats my opinion. I like how simon referred to it as the battle of the divas it really is looking that way!!

Geri - I'm sooo glad you got your 3 mile walk in It feels great doesn't it? LOL I feel for ya on the fighting kids, I can definately wait til my girls start duking it out!!

Leigh - WTG!!!!! 1lb down is 1lb down no matter how you look at it you're doing great!!

Penny - are there any other programs you are considereing? I'm sure you'll find the one that is perfect for you I'm here for you girly

Spryng - I'm the same as you with Flylady, I'm addicted and my house is just spotless!! Its kind of fun trying new recipes although I'm always worried if they'll turn out right.

Kate - Don't let TOM get to you remember he'll be gone in a week, kinda like putting up with in laws or unwanted guests Keep up the good work.

Anyone else that I forgot I'm sorry, I didnt take great notes I hope everyone stays OP today!! Talk to you all later
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2004, 02:11 PM   #6  
SAHM of 3

Just a quick note. Not sure if maybe Spring has set in or this is just a busy week for many but posts have been slow here lately. Of course it's good to stay busy. Hope the day is doing good for everyone.

I love this routine that I've made myself for everyday. On top of the 15 minutes to spend within my zone, I've made a new one for me. I take on one big task per day out of my zone. Yesterday it was mopping kitchen and dining. Today it's cleaning the fridge inside and out. The top of the fridge I think I just noticed may be a hot spot, it's awful. My bedroom including closet and under bed is GREAT. The bathroom has stayed great. I'm so impressed with myself. Having only one task per day out of my zone makes me feel completed instead of always sitting here thinking I could do laundry, or dishes, or mop, or this or that, I feel okay to just sit here as long as my zone and one task is done.
You should know the mornings are my busiest and I was done with ALL my morning tasks including school before 10 am. That doesn't include the fridge because on Wednesday's at 11am I have a bible study so I couldn't get to it until this afternoon which is what I'm fixing to do.
I feel great.
Hope you are all doing great too, I'll check in later.
TTYL
watkinsguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2004, 02:24 PM   #7  

Crystal!! I'm gonna clean out my refridgerator too!! and then I'm moving on down to the basement, which we're finishing this summer the master bath and bedroom will be down there I'm so excited about the bath tub I'm getting for that bathroom, its a jacuzzi tub that has a heater in it so you can keep the water warm without adding more water!! But we're going to use the bedroom down there as a guest room until the girls are older cuz I dont like the idea of them sleeping upstairs alone. So anyway I'm gonna go vaccuum the basement and take the clothes off the pool table and dust the entertainment center down there. I got my stuff out for dinner I'm gonna make ranch chicken with cauliflower which I seem to have become addicted to lol. Great day OP for me so far and my house barely needs cleaning anymore thanks to flylady Its wonderful and for once in my life I feel "caught up" with everything I need to have done and its great!!

Well enough of that for now, I'm having a "tired" day today, and I'm in desperate need of a nap. Well girls happy FLYing and I'll post later
Old 04-21-2004, 04:35 PM   #8  
Walking away the weight

Default Good Afternoon All :)

Something odd is going on today - I'm not hungry! I'm not sure if it's because I'm on the verge of TOM; I'm getting used to Medifast; or I was just so busy. Most likely, all of the above .

Geri- thanks for the "go advanced" hint - this should now work.

Ginny - enjoy your mini "break" - I know I enjoy a breather now and then, no matter how brief.

Spryng - are you able to count some of your cleaning as a light workout? If you break a sweat, I think it counts a bit.

Michelle - I agree about your American Idol insights. I feel the same way about Diana - she can sing, but comes across like a Disney performer - but I mean that in a "too slick/polished" way.

Crystal - glad you like your plan. You sound so productive! I'm thinking my routine should be: Evenings - shine sink, run dishwasher, make morning bottles, pick out clothes for next day, check calendar for next day. Morning routine: Dress, etc. check calendar again, answer emails, post here. But I think eveery-other evening should include straightening the master bathroom - it gets soooo messy.

DS went for his six-month check up today. This is his six-month b-day We start introducing solids now . . . I'll let you know how that goes. DH is out of town, so I think dinner will be steamed Shrimp and veggies.
Loveliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2004, 06:31 PM   #9  
Dena

Default Hello--SAHM in Ga

Hello ladies,
I am 34 mom to four lovely, active, aggravating, loving(you get the picture) kids and am looking to lose some of this weight so I can have more energy. So, I'm just going to look around here and read some posts, then go get dinner ready. Chicken tonight. MMMMM
Dena
D.Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2004, 07:43 PM   #10  
Walking away the weight

Hi, Dena! I'm in GA too We live in Atlanta - Midtown to be exact.
Welcome - you'll get lots of support here. I'm new and have found it wonderful.
Loveliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2004, 08:13 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Good evening all!
Welcome Dena! I hope you took a look around and found yourself at home here. I am Spryng, mother of 3. Ava 4, Joseph 3, and Tanner almost 10 months old. What plan are you on or thinking about doing? I am on weight watchers. I do it on my own at home and I just hit my goal last friday!!! I've been on WW for 7 months now and I love it so much. Tell us more about yourself and I look forward to getting to know you better.
Leigh, I am counting my house cleaning as exercise but I'm not adding up the actibity pts for it. I never ate them anyway. It's just not intentional exercise but it does keep me moving all day. How did you son's 6 mo check up go? You've never given him any real foods yet? Not even cereal? That is amazing. I don't know many, ok I don't know any mothers that actually wait until they are 6 mo old to start. Tanner was getting a tiny bit of cereal at 4-6 weeks old. Let us know how he reacts to it! I love that part of baby hood.
Michelle, hope you got your nap in! I stole one today too. Only about 45 min worth but it helped alot. How was the library trip?
Crystal, I was done with all my cleaning this morning before 10 am too! And I started at 9!! Great program huh? I actually had time to crochet today which I haven't done in about a week now. So things are falling into place.
Well just got back from tanning. I treated the kids to dairy queen and guess what? They have sugar free fat free fudge bars for only 1 pt!!! So I got a treat too. YUM. It hit the spot. Now I am about to start my bedtime routine and then watch Idol tonight and the OC. See you later!!!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2004, 09:07 PM   #12  
soontobethin

Good evening all.
Welcome Dena. Hope you enjoy it here. These ladies are a wonderful support group.
Today, my brother came by and asked me to bring the boys out to his house. He loaded up their bikes in his truck, and we headed out there about an hour later. It was sooooooo nice today. We will be getting storms on and off the next few days, so it was nice to get the boys out. My oldest DS had his first bike crash today. He fell, HARD. Has skinned up both elbows and his right knee pretty bad, but he didn't cry. He just told me "chicks dig scars!" I made him get back on his bike though, I didn't want him to be afraid of it. The boys also played with my brother's dog. That thing is huge. It's a Bermese Moutain dog, looks like a st. bernard. It loves to play around with kids.
I also started my yellow fever vaccine study today. I have to go back every other day for two weeks and get my blood drawn. Fun, fun. I did get in 30 minutes of jogging this moring and all of my water for the day. I am trying to push through this plauteau I have hit. Nothing seems to be working. I will just keep working on it.
Everyone seems to be doing well with their house cleaning. I need to clean out my refrigorater. Maybe I will get that done tomorrow. I don't have to take or pick up my siblings from school the next two days, so maybe I can get more done around here. Have a great evening.
need2losemore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2004, 09:52 PM   #13  

Dena

I hope you enjoy 3FC its a great place!! I'm Michelle SAHM to 2 year old Taylor and 6 month old Teagan.

Spryng - I never did make it to the library today, my sisters brought their kids over so they all played in the back yard which was nice for Taylor she really had fun. Dinner tonight i made Ranch Chicken it was really good!! I'm going to got to walk the treadmill after Idol (I hope I make it that far anyway)

AND OMFG!!!!!! I CAN'T BELIEVE WHO THE BOTTOM 3 ARE!!!!!! I AM SOOOOO TICKED THEY HAVE THE WRONG PEOPLE IN THE BOTTOM 3!!! Okay I have to go vent I'm pissed now

bye guys!!
Old 04-21-2004, 10:02 PM   #14  

I cannot believe they sent Jennifer home, I think those votes were rigged I am in total awe of what I saw on Idol tonight grrrrrrrrr she was one of the best on that show, ok enough for now lol.

Take care
Old 04-21-2004, 10:10 PM   #15  
SAHM of 3

Default Nighty Tight

Good evening gals.
Seems this thread has picked up some today. Always glad to see that. Sounds like everyone has had a pretty good day.

Welcome Dena. I'm Crystal, 26 yo, sahm of 3. Alisa 5years, Ally almost 3years and Andrew is almost 17 months. I hope you stick around. This is really a great place. I've been around about a month or so and have lost 10 lbs. And I really do owe alot of it to this place. You are certain to find the support you need. Hope you stick around.

Michelle, sounds like you've had a good day and a good dinner. Hope you get some exercise in.

Spryng, so glad you had some extra time to crochet. I know this flylady thing has changed alot of us. I'm so glad to see it. Glad you found a nice treat at Dairy Queen. You must really live in a small town. We used to have 3 of those here and now NONE. I didn't go there very often, but they were good.

Well, I didn't get to clean out my fridge today. After cleaning on top of it, that led me to a small cabinet in the corner of the dining room which then led me to the pantry. So I did get alot accomplished. I don't have ANY laundry, it's all washed, dried and put away. That's where my downfall used to be. I think my task for tomorrow will be to clean OUT the fridge. Y'all should try this. I give myself one task outside my zone and accomplish it. When that's done, I feel like I've completed what I set out to do today and don't sit here thinking what else can I do. I really do think I'm gonna give my testimony to flylady.

Well, I rode my stationary bike for 20 minutes while I watched Smallville. That's three days in a row I got in some sort of exercise on top of the extra house work. The exercise isn't as strenuous as I'd like but I'm glad it's been consecutive. I stayed at my calorie goal today, I'm fixing to have some sugar free jello and that will be it.

I've been doing well and been feeling fulfilled every day. I hope everyone has a great night and continues on to have a great day tomorrow.
TTYL
watkinsguru is offline   Reply With Quote