South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-20-2004, 04:51 PM   #1  
Professional dieter

S/C/G: 250/232/130

Height: 5'3"

Default Pregnant

Yup, you chickies heard it first. Haven't even told DH yet. He learns tonight. I had a sweet card for him the last time and I lost the baby so I'm not doing anything sweet this time! He gets to read it off the test just like I did! I'm leaving it sitting on the edge of the bathtub so when he goes to the bathroom he'll find it.
I know I haven't been around too much, school is keeping me really busy but I do check-in on you girls at least once every other day, I just don't normally have time to post. I was trying to keep up on the exercise thread but then it dissapeared again!
What advice do you moms have for me? This will be my first as long as all goes well. How do you think I should change my exercising? No more ab work probably. Since I am already so heavy do you think as long as I eat enough that I shouldn't have to gain weight? After losing 23 lbs the thought of putting it back on is killing me!
Old 04-20-2004, 05:18 PM   #2  
one step at a time..

Red face

Congratulations!!!
Old 04-20-2004, 06:11 PM   #3  
RNMOM

Thumbs up Cool!!!!!!!!!!

Way exciting! Now it's really important to eat healthy.
Old 04-20-2004, 06:27 PM   #4  

Yahoo!! I'll say a little prayer for yu, DH, and the little one. Just think -- a South Beach Baby -- she'll be a Chicklett!
Old 04-20-2004, 08:17 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Congratulations! Hope all goes well for you and the baby.
Old 04-20-2004, 11:11 PM   #6  

Height: 5'-2"

Jennie, that's wonderful news!! I'll be keeping you in my prayers.
I'd say get LOTS of walking in. LOTS!! And talk to your doc about your diet. I'm sure that she/he will agree that it's healthy, although you'll probably have to add a few extras.
You know, if you gain the "correct" amount of weight during your pregnancy and you keep up your exercise and healthy eating, you should drop the weight just like THAT afterwards.
Old 04-21-2004, 09:29 AM   #7  

WOW jennie!!! congrats!!! i bet dh will be so excited!!! take care of yourself!!!
Old 04-21-2004, 09:37 AM   #8  

Congratulations Jennie!

I was very overweight when I got pregnant w/ my son. Unfortunately, I also got gestational diabetes. So, I was put on a special diet (not much different than SBD).

I ended up only gaining 10 lbs. Seven of it was baby & the other three was the rest of the stuff. I probably ended up w/ a net loss.

My advice is to continue to eat healthy and you will do fine!

So happy for you!
Old 04-21-2004, 11:38 AM   #9  

Oh, Jennie, that is wonderful news!!

I'd recommend seeing a dietician. I gained about sixty pounds with each kid (it came off after both times) and had to be induced because I was so big both times. I ate very differently when I was pregnant. Not unhealthy, but too many calories. If I EVER did it again, I vowed to myself I'd see a dietician and follow the advice strictly.
Already being overweight should be a reason to have a dietician consult covered by insurance.
It is no time to be "winging" it, as it were, when you're pregnant.
Best of luck!!
MM
Old 04-21-2004, 11:43 AM   #10  

Jennie that is so exciting!!!!!!congratulations!! I hope all goes well!!
Old 04-21-2004, 11:56 AM   #11  
Professional dieter

S/C/G: 250/232/130

Height: 5'3"

Thanks guys! I told DH last night and he is so excited! I have my first doctor's appt May 7th.
Closed Thread