Old 04-19-2004, 10:06 AM   #1  

Default my scales are scared!!!

this is going to be somewhat of a rant, just to warn you. comments are more than welcome, but not necessary. i had wi this morning and am very proud to say i was down another 2 lbs. i am not complaing about the loss at all, i just was kind of looking forward to twoferville and it wasn't there. i have come to the conclusion that my scales are scare to go below 300, because they know they will never see that number again. we, me and the scales, have been in 300land for so long, we have gotten used to it. at least i am not stuck on a plateau or gaining so i should be happy. i am, really. i was just sure hoping to see 2 instead of 3, oh well, rant over, i will be there next week. chachee i am hot on your trail. thank you all for listening and being so supportive. i don't think i could have come this far without all of you.
chequitagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2004, 10:28 AM   #2  

Audrey, The last time I attempted weight loss I lost 50 pounds and got right under 200. I was so proud. Unfortunately I gained it back. But, I remember what is was like to get under 200, and I was so proud. It was a major goal for me.

You are doing great!! Next week you will get under 300. The 2 lb. loss was great. I look forward to sharing your post 300 joy next week!! Have a great week.
Tammy32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2004, 10:34 AM   #3  
Live for the Moment!

Audrey - You're doing amazing! Remember, the slower the weight comes off, the longer it stays off... You will make it to twoferville and very soon! Maybe the scale is just teasing you right now... they tend to that! You'll get there and when you do, you'll never feel better and the wait will be worthwile!
Br00klyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2004, 10:58 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

I know how you feel my scale at home only goes up to 300 (well I could get it to measure about 306). When I was pregnant I got up to 317. The first time I stepped on my scale at home and I was about 308, I got a big old OL flashing at me. So it was exciting to step on the scale and it be under the 300 mark this time.

Like the others said, next week it will be there.
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2004, 03:28 PM   #5  

Audrey Girl,

I am so proud of you! I know its hard that the scale didn't cooperate this week, you were one piddle away from twoterville and you will definitely be there next week. Remember it is only a number and you have done soooooo well! Keep up the good and inspiring work. I do empathize, my scale doesn't want to get out of the 270's but, in my case, I think my mouth also has something to do with that : ). Have a great week and be proud of how well you are doing. The benefits to your health are already outstanding!

Jenaya
Jenaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2004, 04:19 PM   #6  
Making myself proud.

S/C/G: 375/ticker/200

Height: 5'11"

Hi Audrey,

I think you're doing great! I know what you mean though. My goal is to lose 2 lbs (or more) per week and I lost 1.5 this past week (my scale doesn't measure in exact fractions of a lb but when it blinks between 2 numbers I assume it's 1/2) so I was slightly disappointed. Just try to remember (like you said) that you are losing and next week it should be under 300. Yippee!!! I'm not far behind you because I was down to 309.5 this morning.

I'll keep everything crossed for you to be in the 200's this week.
Stinger766 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2004, 05:03 PM   #7  
I climb mountains!

S/C/G: 284/208/145

Audrey, I've got to echo what others have said -- you're doing just great, and next week will be your week. Try to focus on all that you've accomplished, and what a great job you're doing, and the rest will fall into place. It can be hard, when you've got a specific goal in mind (see my current weigh-in rant for more on that!) -- but you're just doing so, so well......just try to be patient for one more week and then you can celebrate twicefold in twoferville!
lessofsarahtolove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2004, 05:48 PM   #8  

Hey Audrey

You are doing brilliantly - just look how far you have come! I think, in fact, that you and your scale should just be really enjoying this very last week together, teetering on that 300 mark, and saying a final goodbye to it!
artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2004, 08:34 PM   #9  
Believe

Height: 5'7"

I have to make like a parrot and say that you're doing a wonderful job! And next week you'll have your feet firmly planted in Twoterville which is much better than reaching Twoterville at say...299.8 and then having to worry all the next week that you might gain .2! See ya in Twoterville next week!
Melissa
melsfolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004, 01:41 AM   #10  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

Slow & steady wins the race, girlfriend. My dr told me not to lose any more than 24# in a year, so that it stays off. Unfortunately, I am doing just that. Seems like this is taking for-ev-er!!! But we're doing it.
SuchAPrettyFace is offline   Reply With Quote