Old 04-16-2004, 09:47 AM   #1  
SAHM of 3

Post Stay At Home Mom's #151

Welcome to a thread devoted to those who have the ultimate job of taking care of their family. Here you will find wonderful women raising a family and trying to find time to take care of themselves and their weight too. So if you are a SAHM jump right in and say hello and to all you who have been here before I look forward to a new day with you!
watkinsguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2004, 10:11 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Good morning all!!!!

Got some great news!!!! GOAL!!!!!!!

130#'s on the nose this morning!!!!! I couldn't believe it! After that terrible meal yesterday!!!! (which means I probably would have seen the 120's today but that is ok!) I am so so so so so thrilled and excited and elated to see that number. I can't even remember the last time I was 130 lbs. That was a 3# loss this week. The lowest I got down to ever was 134 lbs. So I'm so psyked!!! Now I'm on my way to my personal goal of 120 lbs, but that one can come when it wants, no rush now. Also I bought a Tankini yesterday!! (haven't tried it on yet) but it was on clearance and I thought, why not? Dh picked out the color. I am so happy right now!!!!! I got on and off the scale 3 times just to be sure and every time it said 130!!!!! Guess I need to update my signature!!

Crystal, thanks for starting a new thread. The old one was getting hard to read, the pages were messed up again. Hopefully this one doesn't do that.

I can't remember any posts from the last one right now. But lets see..
Ginny, is your cold gone? So sorry it hit you so hard. I hope you feel like yourself soon!

And about flylady... I understand about starting in the middle of a week... keeping up with the zone was hard, next week will be easier though. But I did deep clean the bathroom and both kids rooms so I guess I did it ok. I need to hit my hotspots today and what is the messiest room in your house that you have to declutter for 15 min today? Mine is my bedroom. Clothes everyehere... endtables not very neat and of course the computer is in here too. Also we are suppose to use an old toothbrush to clean faucets today so I guess I will do that sometime this morning too.
Ok, guess I'll get off here!! Have a wonderful friday all!!!! Don't know when DH will be in today so I'll be in and out of here. TTYL!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2004, 10:14 AM   #3  
2BoysMom

Just another quick hello here!

Congrats Crystal !!! That is great !!!!! AWESOME!

Spryng, don't sweat yesterday...at least you got to spend the day with Dh and the kids. The Diary of a Fat Man book I'm reading...he says whenever he faces a food choice he asks himself " is this something a fit person would eat?" Sometimes the answer is yes even if it's not a healthy choice...as long as it's not every day. You should not feel guilty even if it means you retain water and your WI doesn't go as weel as you would like . How was it anyway??? Enjoy Dh this weekend.

TOM's coming next week. I think that is part of the reason that I was so angry at Mom yesterday. She's working very hard to get the garden ready for us. I'm much better today! Also...she's not here yet lol..I think I scared her!

Well, everyone have a great OP day..it's the beginning of a nice weekend. Ginny I hear it's going to be nice in NY this weekend so hope that cold goes away quickly!! Michele hope you're feeling well today.

Gotta go hit the shower!
Chubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2004, 10:14 AM   #4  
2BoysMom

Congrats Spryng!!!!!! Woooooooooooooooohooooooooooooooooo!!
Chubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2004, 10:43 AM   #5  
Ready for ACTION!!!

Default Okay, I did it!!

I weighed in and my scale said...

I lost 1.5 pounds, even with TOM!!!!!!!!!

So that puts me at 7.5 pounds in 2 weeks and 12.5 since 3/30 doctor visit. Not too shabby, all things considered.

Congrat to you, too, Spryng. I think I was in the 130s last in 1991 going through my divorce, I'd love to see it again on better terms.

Thanks ladies, for being my inspiration and support
BIGtimeLOSER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2004, 10:44 AM   #6  
SAHM of 3

Talking Way To Go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SPRYNG

SO HAPPY FOR YOU. WAY TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-16-2004, 12:00 PM   #7  

This seems to be a great week for everyone. I am down 3 pounds. I am using my carbs for fresh fruits and it seems to be working out. Had mashed califlower last night.

Will get back later, JW is calling.
meltin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2004, 01:02 PM   #8  

Default GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! Spryng

I am so thrilled for you!!!
I am also so jealous!!!

I totally blew it yesterday. Yesterday was a really stressful day for me. I am gonna have to come up with a gameplan this summer to keep from pulling my hair out with these 2 boys. I can send Erik out to play, but since we are in apartments and there are cars coming in and out all day, Nathan can only go out when I take him. He cries and screams when we come in and sits by the door and cries. I guess I'm going to have to set aside 2 days a week to clean my house and get them out to the park or beach a lot this summer.
When dh came home I asked him to take them somewhere but he was tired and had to lay down. So I went and got me a 32 oz beer and destressed. After that I just didn't care and also ate 2 bags of M&M's. PLus I had 2 bowls of rice and beans, which normally is a healthy meal but not 2 bowls. I think I ended up with 2200 cals and 42 pts. I am with them 24 hrs a day and its mentally taxing. Theres no where to get and recharge. My Mom used to keep them for me, but she can't handle them any more. Next time I am just going to have to go for a walk or something. I hate to leave them here with dh cause he lets them rip throught the house and when I get back I have to deal with the mess. I don't know what I am going to do. Sometimes I feel like I am just going to explode and then I start feeling mean. Please tell me some of you have these moments. I feel like a monster.

Anyway, enough whining. I am going to stick to my limit today. Get me some exercise. Dh did say he would take them to his dads tonight. Maybe I can kick back and read a book or something.

Congrats to all of you who lost and keep up the good work.
Michelle-I'm glad things went well for you.
Geri-I hope TOM isn't too hard on you. Yeah, right, huh

Gotta go
ebeth2210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2004, 02:26 PM   #9  

Mary - Hope you are having a better day! Is it the terrible 2's that I should be worried about? I only have one so I don't have much advice. Mine is talking and playing in the crib right now. I need to run some errands but as soon as I put him in the car he will sleep. I am bad about using my workouts as an excuse to eat something extra. Hang in there. You have to take one day at a time. I have been on a program before that you have a day off of dieting so you don't have to think about it. Hard for me to do with dieting always on my mind. BTW, So yesterday is your day off. Get back on the wagon today. You can do it.

Cindi - Sounds like the GI is similar to SB. I had a banana this morning, which are so high GI. It has to be better than stuffing my face with crackers though. Congrats on the weight loss. I hope this is a pattern for all of us.

Penny - Glad to hear weaning is going well. At what age can they take soy milk? With the weight loss this week, I am going to try to stick with nursing for a bit longer. Maybe the first TOM finally coming had to do something with flushing out fluid. Good for you on the loss.

Jessi - We use the mess fruit holder at dinner and he is content until we finish. He hates when I take it away. I put the cookies in it today and he loved it.

Crystal - Keep up the good work. The calorie counting must be working for you.

Spryng - You are my inspiration. I need to get on the ball. JW is 7 1/2 months and I still have about 30 to lose. Watch out for you all thin and tanned up this summer.

5/7 workouts this week. I don't think I will get the ones in on my work days. DH is doing good too. He weighs in on Monday. It is so much easier having him doing it as well.

Any exciting plans for the weekend. DH birthday is on Monday. We are going to see some Nascar movie at the IMAX. Good thing it is only 49 min. Nothing much else.
meltin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2004, 04:40 PM   #10  
Ready for ACTION!!!

Talking

TADA!! I went to the store and looked at the Easter Candy on clearance...then I walked away!!

THEN I baked cookies for the kids, they smelled yummy, didn't touch one...YET! I can be strong...can't I? But I wish they would eat them faster!!!!!

geez!
BIGtimeLOSER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2004, 05:05 PM   #11  
Walking away the weight

Default Hi all - can I join?

Hello! I'm brand new to the boards here - can I join your SAHM group?
My name is Leigh, and I have 33 post-baby lbs to lose My son is 6 months old (he's our first). I am looking forward to this board becuase I do need support now and then to stick to my weight loss goals. Am I allowed to say what kind of diet I'm on, or is that againt the rules?
I'm looking forward to meeting all ya'll
Loveliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2004, 05:40 PM   #12  
SAHM of 3

Welcome Leigh, btw I love your name. Anyway, I'm Crystal, 27 yo, sahm of 3. Alisa is 5 1/2 yo, Ally is almost 3 and Andrew is 16 months. I have 55 more lbs. to go to my first goal we'll see after that.

Of course, absolutely, tell us what plan your on!!! We love to know. Some of us count calories, do Weight Watchers, watch carbs, South Beach, what ever works best. I, myself, I count calories. Here you will find lots of fun, laughter, motivation, support and absolutely anything else you need. Please come by often. I post 2 to 3 times a day. Keep us informed how you're doing. You'll get to know us soon as if we were bf right around the corner. I've been around about a month and have lost 10 lbs. I'm sure alot of water weight, but that's better than nothing.

Welcome again.

TTYL
Old 04-16-2004, 05:43 PM   #13  
SAHM of 3

OOOOOPs!!! I'm not 27 yet, I can't believe I did that. I'm 26 will be 27 in July. What was I thinking???
Old 04-16-2004, 05:45 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 180/see ticker/130

Height: 5'1"

Dear Ladies--

Ginny-Sorry to hear that you got a cold too. No fun! Hope you feel better and get a little time to rest.

Crystal-Wahooooo!!!! Great weigh-in! I bet you were pretty dang excited to see that number and maybe a little surprised too? That is just awesome.

Cindi--It is nice to be a loser huh? Good Job!!!

Spryng-Great Job!!!You are just on Cloud 9 I'd bet. Congratulations on reaching goal weight, you have worked hard and deserve it!!!

Geri-Hope that TOM is gentle with you. Don't worry, I'm sure your Mom didn't take it personal!

Melinda-Good JOb to you too!!! Wow, sounds like you are right on track!!!

Mary-So sorry about the stressful day! Don't be hard on yourself, when I get stressed out I usually react much worse than that. Don't worry, everyone has moments where they just can't take it anymore. I'm dealing with one baby and one husband (occasionally a baby) and I get times when I feel like I'm going to blow up, or when I yell at my husband, etc..And I just have one! My Mom was the greatest mom on earth and even she would lose it occasionally. Just be gentle with yourself and you will have an easier time being gentle with everyone else. Hang in there! And remember, sometimes your mental sanity is more important than a clean house.

Welcome Leigh, I'm Jessi, I actually joined this wonderful group of ladies a week ago. They have been very supportive. I am in a very similar situation as you are. I have an 8 month old and I'm trying to lose 35 lbs. I've just started cracking down, but I am just amazed at how much this forum has helped. It has really helped me to stay on track knowing that I'm going to report how I did to everyone. Hope that we can help you too! Welcome!

Well, I'm doing well today. I'm going to go throw the frisbee with my DH now (a little exercise for both of us!), then he and I are going to Champions on Ice (Figure Skating) tonight, that should be fun, someone from church gave us free tickets. Hope everyone has a great night!!
jessivalentino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2004, 05:46 PM   #15  
Walking away the weight

Default Hi Crystal!

Good to meet you! I say 10lbs is 10lbs and that's awesome! I am doing Medifast to get the weight off initially and am reading Dr. Phil so I have a maintenance plan in place. I just started. I need a lot of structure in order to stick with a plan which is why I think Dr. Phil's change of lifestyle idea might work better for me as a maintenance idea.
Loveliam is offline   Reply With Quote