Old 04-15-2004, 11:03 PM   #1  

Default Hi, remember me?

Hi all,

I haven't been around for a few weeks. It looks like lots of you have had some great successes recently. CONGRATULATIONS!!!

My life has been a bit stressful ... nothing that can't be overcome ... just lots of little things that add up:

My $1300 tax refund morphed to $300 when my tax prep folks discovered a bug in thier software.

My husband's most recent temporary job has been harder on my kids than I ever dreamed. He's taken several assignments over the past year and a half that require him to be away from home, but with the exception of one snowy week ... he's always managed to get home for a mid-week visit. This assignment is too far away for those mid-week visits home, so he leaves on Monday morning and returns Friday and it's been tough. Only 3 more weeks ... and we've agreed he'll NEVER do this again ... if he is asked to do more work for this group it will be with the condition that he work a day or two a week t home.

My husband's first paycheck for this assignment was SUPPOSED to be direct deposit -- it wasn't, it was mailed, arrived 3 days after payday and was drawn on an out-of-state bank so we had to wait for it to clear -- this left us strapped for cash ... we had credit, we had savings, but nothing we could get our hands quickly ... it took lots of planning and shuffling to make it through THAT week.

My husband is lucky he didn't blow himself up ... his gas tank sprung a leak and the gas was literally POURING out ... a lit cigarette butt or a spark from some road debris ... YIKES!!! So that was a HUGE unplanned expense ... but at least it didn't have to be paid in cash.

My son had some issues in school (1st grade). Another child was bothering him ... but my son was not just an "innocent victim" ... it was more like the two of them get going and the other one takes it too far ... but I believe any issues my son have now are magnified by the fact that Dad is only home on weekends. I ended up spending two days going back and forth w/ his teacher (that GOD for e-mail). The teacher has been wonderfully supportive. I even kept him out of school one day just to give him a chance to calm down.

AND I'm sorry to say, I've done my share of stress eating and haven't been doing my exercise videos cuz I'm dealing w/ cranky kids who won't sleep. I'm up 3 pounds ... I've decided that I'm going to give myself the weekend off ... not even think about food and get back on track on Monday.

We have an all-day event on Sat, "Korean Culture Camp" for my son. It's a one-day event that he enjoyed tremendously last year. I'm trying to get my daughter to go too (they have adult lecture series while the kids are busy) ... but she's a bit intimidated by the fact that the kids are divided by age and she'll be with kids she doesn't know. We also plan on celebrating my b-day on Sunday (it was yesterday) ...

So ... here's to Monday!!! And if you've made it through my sob story, thanks.
Step is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2004, 01:45 AM   #2  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

Happy belated birthday, glad to hear you're hanging in there!
SuchAPrettyFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2004, 06:54 PM   #3  
2006 - Panda Remix

Welcome back Steph!

I completely understand where you are coming from - I have been experiencing alot of stress over the past couple of months, and although I have managed to hold myself together (just!), my diet has been the first thing to go!. I actually don't know what I weigh at the moment - I want to weigh myself properly on the scales at the gym - but I'm thinking it's not going to be good!

So here is to us both starting over and re-committing to our diets - we are where we are, so lets move forward and get some control back!

Happy Birthday!

All the best

Amanda xx
Amanda Panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2004, 12:05 AM   #4  
missaprylj

Happy Belated Birthday to You!!!!!

Hope things are going better, jump back on board!! -Apryl
Old 04-18-2004, 07:47 AM   #5  
Believe

Height: 5'7"

Happy Belated Birthday from me also! Glad to see you back, but sorry to hear all that you've been going through!

Now, get back on track 'cause we need your help in the Lose A Ton in 2004 challange!

Melissa
melsfolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2004, 10:53 AM   #6  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

glad you're back
Jennelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2004, 01:54 PM   #7  
Live for the Moment!

Welcome Back!
Br00klyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2004, 02:38 PM   #8  

Thanks everybody for the warm welcome !! I'm happy to report that I'm 100% on program so far today -- well, almost ... at the rate I'm going I'll have to stay up late to finish drinking my water ... but that's ALWAYS an issue for me!! At least I haven't consumed anything unhealthy!!
Step is offline   Reply With Quote