View Poll Results: Which Do You Wear Most Often?
Jeans 6 46.15%
Dress Pants 3 23.08%
Casual Pants 2 15.38%
Stretch Pants 1 7.69%
Skirts 0 0%
Dresses 1 7.69%
Shorts 0 0%
Other 0 0%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-14-2004, 06:56 AM   #1  

Default Home of the Loozing Floozie's......(#83)

Hello

Here at McSkinneys, Our mission is to motivate,support and lose those pounds & inches.We must keep those Loozing Floozies loosing!!

Feel free to join our group of wonderful ladies.Come on in.....Give us YOUR motivation,support and ideas.We would love to have you!!!
Old 04-14-2004, 07:01 AM   #2  

Don't Forget To Go Back To #82 And Read The Last Few Posts There!
Old 04-14-2004, 07:28 AM   #3  
Carol

I was wondering if any of you minded if I come back and start posting again. I miss you all so much.
Old 04-14-2004, 09:57 AM   #4  

Sherry just seeing your spring flowers makes me feel better.

This is going to be short. The doctor gave me some nrarcotics and increased the inflamitories. Plus another medication but I can't remember what it was. Basically I will be stoned until I see the orthopedic surgon. So excuse all my spelling mistakes and mix up of words. I just about went to emergency this morning because it was so bad. I am doing a bit better now. GTG my girlfriend is here.

Love you.
Old 04-14-2004, 10:12 AM   #5  

WELCOME BACK CAROL!! I hope things are going well for you and I look forward to your posts!

Dee, you poor thing! Please take care of yourself and I hope the medications give you some relief soon.

I just had a moment so I thougth I'd post quickly. I've been trying to read the posts when I have time. Hopefully I can respond to you all in a few days.
I stayed with my mom at the hospital last night. She kept trying to tell me something for several hours. Finally she looked at me and said "just let me die". I couldn't respond so I just held her hand and rubbed her arm. What do you say to something like that?
Old 04-14-2004, 11:18 AM   #6  

Oh, Ramona I think I need to make a side trip to Russleville on my way home tomorrow and give you a BIG hug. Of course, I'd probably cry, and make you cry and that wouldn't be good. I'm thinking of you, and your mom and Dan.......

Carol--welcome back!

Sherry--how's the water aerobics coming? Given any peep shows lately?

Dee--hope you start feeling better SOON!! Take it easy 'till you do.

The ladies at work this morning told me I look like I'm getting smaller. That made me happy (that plus the fact that I'm wearing a pair of jeans that I couldn't even button three weeks ago). Almost makes up for walking OFF the treadmill TWICE last night at the gym........Changing my name to

Grace

Cheryl
Old 04-14-2004, 05:11 PM   #7  
THINKING THIN!!!!

Hi Girls

Welcome back Carol!!!

Dee....Please take care of yourself and let us know what the surgeon said. I hope and pray it doesn't come to surgery for you.

Gayle... Is everything holding together with Steve out of town? I know you miss him when he is gone, but what I wouldn't give for a few days by myself.

Sherry... I got mad with our show being put off until tonight. But I guess when you are the President...LOL. I fell and sprained my foot at school today. I thought it would be all right but everyone wanted me to go have it xrayed. Nothing is broken!! It just a little swollen, I'm sure it will be fine in a couple of days.

Ramona.... How are you holding up? Please keep us posted on how your Mom and the boys are doing. Hugs!!!

Tina... We haven't heard from you in a few days. Did you get any snow yesterday? Weird Tennessee weather!!! Hope it didn't hurt those strawberry patches in Portland.

Cheryl....WTG on the {new} old jeans thing. I have several sizes in my closet, can't wait until I can wear some of them again. Hopefully before they go out of style...LOL.

Love to all my Floozie friends!!

~~SUMMER COUNT DOWN~~
49 days down... 47 TO GO

We are over half way there
Old 04-14-2004, 06:37 PM   #8  

Welcome back, Carol! Please do join in!

Dee-Please take care of yourself. Let everyone take care of Dee too for a change! I miss you at the exercise board and hope you are well soon. I love you!

Debbie-You poor thing! How in the world did you fall? Was it in the cafeteria? Please stay off that foot!

Ramona-I can't begin to imagine what you are going through. Please know that I think of you often and continue to pray for you and your family.

Cheryl-WTG!!! You are doing great and I can't wait to see an updated picture. BTW, your treadmill story is just too funny!

Gayle-Is everything okay?? I know you miss hubby. How's Allison doing?

Tina-Yoohoo??? Where are you??

Jenelle-How is everything going with you?

Sherry-I want to see some updated pictures of you also! Is school as hectic for you as it has been for me? I haven't had time to do my own work, I've been too busy doing everyone else's!

Vicki, Doni-Please post soon!
Old 04-14-2004, 07:18 PM   #9  
Losing it!

How's my spunky little Canadian chick today? Eh? Feeling better?

Ramona, I know it's sad, sometimes when loved ones want to die, they start bringing the subject up in conversation. Maybe by questioning her death, she is asking you and your family for permission to pass away plus prepare everyone. Is your mom in pain? When I visit clients or my FIL I will ask them how they feel that day on a scale from 1-10, it seems to help judge their condition better then the usual response of : I'm ok.

Carol, welcome back. Did you read the Dr. Phil book yet?

Cheryl, you are always good for a chuckle! Better watch out, the guys at the gym are going to start thinking all that walking off of the treadmill is a pickup ploy! BTW: You are doing AWESOME! Congrats on the smaller pants size!

Deb, are you finished on the deck? Please post some low carb recipes on the thread if you have the time. I can handle a few days, but this is turning into weeks. I told him the other day, it's just like being single other then I have to wash his clothes when he comes home over the weekend!

Sherry, is Drew driving now? How is he feeling? What did the Dr. decide is best for him?

Shelley, I was going to ask you the same thing! Seem's like we both must be busy! Yes, I miss Steve, but shhhh....don't tell! I LOVE not cooking!!!!!! Downside to that is Liz & Allison want junk food all of the time and guess who usually joins in?

I mowed and mowed and mowed today! 3 days after a snow! Had to be done, otherwise the grass and weeds would be 6' tall by the time everything dried out! I mowed at our home and my mothers, so I counted that as exercise today. Yep, I have a push mower! :-(
Old 04-14-2004, 07:43 PM   #10  
Losing it!

Deb, I'm sorry, I overlooked your message to Sher about your foot. I hope your ok!!!
Old 04-14-2004, 08:40 PM   #11  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

Hi Carol! Welcome back!

Shelley and all my other school working chickies....14 days until the big state assessment tests begin (they take three days) and 27 days until school's out! woo-hoo! I think that all districts in the state have to tell current employees by tomorrow whether or not their contracts are being renewed. I don't know if that means I'll know about the librarian position by tomorrow or not. I don't want to bug the tar out of my principal more than I already have!

I've been exercising more this week. Daughter has wanted to go to the gym with me, which makes a big difference. Of course, last night all she did was plant herself on a treadmill right in front of the Predators/Red Wings game! Nashville girls, if God sees fit to put Predators in the Stanley Cup, I may be your way soon!
Old 04-14-2004, 10:13 PM   #12  

Hello
I was going to post to everyone but I'm so tired. After work I went to the Y, cooked, cleaned kitchen,washed a load of clothes, ironed and took my shower. I'm worn out!!

Just checking in quickly to say...Yes, I'm alive! (Barely!)

I promise to post a long one tomorrow night.

Love & Hugs....
Old 04-15-2004, 07:29 AM   #13  
Carol

Just a quick note to say good morning. I will post more later when I have more time. Just couldn't get myself out of bed this morning and now I am running behind schedule.

Thanks to all for the Welcome Back. I am excited to be back!!

There are so many of you staying OP and exercising and I want to commend you all!!! WTG

I will post more to each of you later today, so until then...

Have a great OP day ladies.
Old 04-15-2004, 11:07 AM   #14  
Losing it!

For those interested, I have an 800 number you can call to get some bare escentuals samples. 5 samples for $6.20, this includes shipping. The girl said it is a 1-2 time use sample, but this will save you before investing in full size and the wrong color. Just PM or email me if interested.
Old 04-15-2004, 08:10 PM   #15  
Carol

Good Evening Ladies:

Hope everyone is having a great day. It is about 73 degrees here now with the sun shining. It is just beautiful!!!

Dee: My heart goes out to you. I can only imagine how much pain you must be in to have to take so strong a medication. I hope you are on your way to recovery soon. My prayers are with you.

Ramona: It is so difficult taking care of our loved ones. I think we believe our parents will always be there for us, so when they get ill and we have to care for them it is so hard. I think I would have a hard time knowing how to respond to a remark like the one your mom made. I am sure that your mom knows you are there for her. Keep the faith. My prayers are with you. You have so much going on my heart aches for you.

Vicki: How is your mom doing? Drop us a note when you can.

Grace: Oh I mean Cheryl… Congrats on how well you are doing. Smaller is definitely a good thing!! Isn’t it a wonderful feeling to put those jeans on and be able to breath comfortably in them? WTG.. When other people begin noticing it gives you such a pick me up and more motivation to just keep on going.. So, you just keep on walking ON that treadmill!!

Debbie: WTG ON THE 15 LB LOSS CHICKIE. Another 1 bites the dust!!!
I do think we must have two people here called “Grace” How in the world did you fall at school. Are you okay? Are you feeling better today? Girl you take care of yourself. Water aerobics and/or spa treatment should be great for it!! Take it from someone who has terrible foot/ankle problems, it sure is no fun!!! Hang in there. Let it rest a few days before you try to walk on it too much. How much work do you have to do on your deck yet? I am ready to come down and try out your pool soon!!!

Gayle: Try to enjoy your “alone” time. I know it can be lonesome, but take this time to do things for YOU. If you keep yourself busy it won’t seem so bad. Hang in there!! Thinking of you! Still working on the Dr. Phil book. Just been too busy to sit down for long to read. But I will get to it. Push Mower… Good God woman.. You really did exercise!! I know what you mean about the grass growing so fast though. Once it gets started there is no stopping it!! I am sure that I will come to hate grass by the end of the summer. I have to mow my mom & dads plus ours and we are talking 2 farm lawns, plus around all the outbuildings…

Shelley: Why is school so hectic right now? And why are you doing everyone else's work? You just keep on walking to keep that stress level now!!!

Sherry: How are you doing? I wonder…. you lost those 5 inches and now I am worried you might disappear on us!! Oh that’s right, you still have those boobs you are trying to show off. You do make me tired just reading your posts though. Don’t you ever slow down? I am surprised you have time to post at all. Just saying hi is all we can manage some days. Keep up the great job your doing. I am here for you. Your doing great.

Jennelle: Sounds like your starting to wind down for the time when school is out. It is a shame that so much goes on the last 4-6 weeks before that final day!! You school ladies will definitely need a break by then!!! I hope you get the news you are hoping for… I am keep my fingers crossed for you and the librarian position. I am sure your not bugging that principal that much. Right????

Great job on the exercising too. It really does make a difference if you have someone to do it with. Keep that daughter going with you even if she does plant herself on a treadmill right in front of the game! Keep it up, I am proud of you!!!

It seems like so many of us are having to take care of our ailing parents these days. I know It seems like my Dad has had his heart problems and been on dialysis forever. We got a report from the doctor just Tuesday that he is going downhill. We have been noticing that he is progressively getting weaker and having various other problems so we suspected as much, but it is hard to hear. It just part of the disease (diabetes) taking its toll. We also thoughy Mom was just about out of the woods too. She had what we thought was her last Chemo was 2 weeks ago. They ran some tests because her final blood work wasn’t right and we got those results back yesterday. She originally had colon cancer, (which they surgically removed) but they have now found two “hot spots”. One in her chest and one in her abdomen. Seem the chemo didn’t do all we were hoping for. Now she is will be taking more chemo with an added new medicine that just came out last month that is supposed to help kill the tumors by cutting off the blood supply to them. We are praying for a good result but we won’t know anything for at least 3 months.

Just trying to keep a positive outlook!

I haven’t been doing great at staying OP since I am an emotional eater, but have done better than I was doing the last 3-4 months, so we shall see come Monday what the results will be for this week. I am just trying to hang in there with the rest of you!!! Keep motivating me with all your good progress reports ladies!!! I love it!!!

Well now that I have written a letter instead of a post I will give all your eyes a rest.

Have a great night!!
Closed Thread