Old 04-13-2004, 05:07 PM   #1  

Default Check-in and refocus

Hmmmmm....I've NEVER started a thread before....cool!

Soooo....everybody seems to be experiencing the same early spring blah! I'm with Jillegal - I cannot stomach any more wintry/grey weather!!

In the spirit of motivating each other, I thought that we should take Meg's advice and have a mini-check-in with each other. I know that we have the monthly/seasonal challenges....but I need a quick jump start (and I'm sure that I'm not alone!). Would anybody like to make their "jumpstart commitment" here and check back in 2 days???

Here's mine:

Ever since I started running, I have decided that I can now reward myself with food (I'M EXERCISING AFTERALL!!). Crazy talk! I commit to journalling and eating within my points range for the next 2 days. I'll check back on Friday and let everybody know how I've done....yikes.
looosingit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2004, 05:25 PM   #2  
Abby's Mommy

Kris, Im with you... I fell off the wagon over Easter ( I didnt count points at all Thursday through yesterday) but today Ive done ewll, and I commit to doing good tonight and tomorrow too! Its been harder for me to "get back on" the wagon than I thought it would be. Thanx for starting this thread... I really need support too! Ill check in here tomorrow!
Ivanna B. Skinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2004, 06:25 PM   #3  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

ME!!! ME!!! I need to be accountable!!!

Tomorrow - 2000 calories and 20 min cardio
Thursday - 2000 calories and 30 min cardio and weights at the gym

I will check in on Friday with the outcome!!!
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2004, 08:06 PM   #4  
missaprylj

Wednesday - 1800 calories/ 35 minutes cardio
Thursday - 1800 calories/ 35 minutes cardio

See ya Friday!
Old 04-14-2004, 03:31 AM   #5  

OK. Well, amazingly enough my eating programme seems to be on track......(of course, now that I've written that, just watch me go right OFF track.....LOL). So, I commit to continuing that good work, and (deep breath)...upping the exercise:

Wednesday - body conditioning class, 30 min swim, 15 min weights
Thursday - 2 Pilates classes, 30 min cardio, 15 min weights

see you on friday.....if i have the energy left, LOL!
artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2004, 10:15 AM   #6  

Just pulled out my journal to log my breakfast.....Day 1 progressing well!

How is everybody doing???
Old 04-14-2004, 12:55 PM   #7  
Abby's Mommy

I did GREAT yesterday!! I stayed on plan, drank my water, and hit the gym for an hour! I feel lifted today, and so far, today has been good too! Is it just me, or does everyone feel like trying harder after a very good day? I mean if I do well for a day, the next Im inspired to keep it up. I guess everyone feels that way...its a great motovater!! Well, Ive gotta get back to the baby... GOOD LUCK TODAY EVERYBODY!!!
Ivanna B. Skinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2004, 11:08 PM   #8  
Live for the Moment!

YOU CAN DO IT!!!!

We all can... afterall, we want to look like the ladies we all are on the inside...

Ready... Let's go...
Br00klyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2004, 05:15 AM   #9  

Morning, people! Just checking in. Did fine on the food front yesterday; exercise - well I did my body conditioning class, and my 30 min swim, but gave the 15 mins of weights a miss - I decided it was a bit too much for those muscles after a pretty challenging class.....
Old 04-15-2004, 12:16 PM   #10  

Wow! Sounds like everybody is doing well! Congratulations!

I kept my promise to myself...I journalled, I stayed within my points, and I even went for a run! Hooray!
Old 04-16-2004, 03:24 AM   #11  

hello people. It's check-in time again! So yesterday, I stayed on track with my eating plan, did 2 Pilates classes, and swam for 30 mins. Gave the weights a miss - my body was protesting! However, today, I will hit the gym and do that weights programme......
Old 04-16-2004, 09:42 AM   #12  

I journalled & stayed within my points yesterday, as planned. Hoora!

I needed this little "jump start"! Thanks ladies!

Like AmyJo said....a good day makes you feel like trying harder the next day....I'll continue the "plan" through the weekend.

Take care everyone!
Old 04-16-2004, 01:24 PM   #13  

What a great idea!! Glad to see everybody's doing so well. I've been away for a while, but am going to get back on track!
Step is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2004, 01:56 PM   #14  
Crazy Canuck

Congrats on creating your first thread Kris, may it be the first of many! Oh, and kudos to you and everyone else who's having a great week. I've been saintly since making public my latest resolve - been eating at my points target, journalling, guzzling water by the litre and getting out for long walks (we have sunshine and above zero temperatures at last!!)

I'd promised myself to attend the next weight watchers meeting (after missing 3 in a row during my recent binge), but my leader called to tell me it's cancelled this week because the church where it's held is having it's annual bizarre (how inconsiderate ), so I'll have to wait until the 24th to get the bad news of how much I've gained (hmmm, if I'm really, really good until then I might be able to offset some of the damage, right?)

Have a great weekend everyone and try to keep that focus strong!!
Jillegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2004, 02:36 PM   #15  

Jillegal - Glad to hear that things are back on track! Guess confession really is good for the soul?! LOL. Betcha you will have undone much of the damage by your next weigh-in (because of your saintly behaviour!).

The weather here is so beautiful it's making me antsy to be outside!!! I am actually EXCITED to get outside for my run! I feel a bit like one of those overanxious dogs tugging at the leash!

Glad to hear that everyone is doing so well! Step you will be back on track in no time! Good for you for getting back to it so quickly.